Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:58 PM

How To Be Successful In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be Successful In Life (20961 Views)

Two Most Important Skills You Need To Be Successful In Your Career / Two Important Skills You Need To Learn To Be Successful In Your Career / Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 1:05am On May 07, 2019
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

This is not like every other success write up you use to know; its high time we spit the truth...

What do you understand success to be?

Success for me could be havin a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing lives of people every step of the way, success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...

Our definition for success differs greatly, just as our strategies of achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women or estates? Define it... with a definition you have a road map on which you plan on.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

Now lets be very plain here...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
1. No one is going to fix you, you got to fix yourself
2. You must accept yourself the way you are
3. Life will never be perfect
4. Those who complain must achieve less
5. No one has it all figured out
6. Enemies will accumulate
7. You are not special
8. Being too kind is a weakness
9. Success is not achieved by hard work

1. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIX YOU, YOU GOT TO FIX YOURSELF
Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

2. YOU MUST ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE
They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some persons are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. Reason is because the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have a facial surgery, change your skin colour but I promuise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “this can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

3. LIFE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT
As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you can not always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you can not always have it all, what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury house to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

4. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN MOST ACHIEVE LESS
Same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

5. NO ONE HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT
In the road map of success there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How do I eradicate poverty?
How do I make the world love me?
How can I be the best?
How do I succeed without offending others?
Save yourself the trouble and move on with your life...

6. ENEMIES WILL ACCUMULATE#
Either you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other persons. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, smart, you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only priveledged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.
You are nothing but just a man working to enjoy life just like others

8. BEING TO KIND IS A WEAKNESS
“Bro please can I borrow you laptop?”
“I’m sorry you can’t”
“Please bro... I need to get this project done”
“I don’t give out my office... this is where I do my business”
“So you can’t help a brother”
“Sorry I can’t... go to a cyber cafe”...
What if you give out your laptop and it gets stolen, what would you do?
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too muc h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when its necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off success track

9. SUCCESS IS NOT ACHIEVED BY HARD WORK
The truth is, not every one will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard not smart

You want to be a CEO? You want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, brick layers, conductors, street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

You cannot be a CEO if you are not smart

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Acedave1(m): 1:08am On May 07, 2019
u can never make if you follow dos rules in nigeria

7 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Kingpee2(m): 1:57am On May 07, 2019
Did Dangote and Femi Otedola follow these rules ,Abeg Op needs to understand that succes is very wide o,no be that small girl dey blow pidgin ,it is easily said than practiced.

11 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 5:57am On May 07, 2019
Kingpee2:
Did Dangote and Femi Otedola follow these rules ,Abeg Op needs to understand that succes is very wide o,no be that small girl dey blow pidgin ,it is easily said than practiced.
what Exactly Are You Saying?

Did You Even Read What Was Up There? Those Are Not Rules But Facts you Must Understand In Your Journey Of Success...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2019
Acedave1:
u can never make if you follow dos rules in nigeria
What Rules

4 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by harlee(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2019
We know all these before,oga go straight to the point, how do I start import and export business grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by einsteine(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2019
There is no How-To for success.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nairalandmentor(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2019
smiley
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by momodub: 11:16am On May 07, 2019
Nice
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by marshalcarter: 11:16am On May 07, 2019
ok...only interesting topic I've read since morning

7 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by sotall(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by WIZDOM081(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2019
F*ck rules

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by coolie1: 11:17am On May 07, 2019
continue to follow rules, in this naija hmmmmm, when true hunger flog people for this thread

5 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by quincyshakur(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy U knw all dis tinx an ur name neva reach Forbes Book cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by braine(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2019
Insightful. Thanks OP.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Grupo(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2019
How to be successful, written by a hungry blogger.

Then he tells you to not work hard but smart. But if you ask him what smart work means, he will start blabbing.

12 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Teadavid23(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2019
That's tentative tho... Not constant
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by YankeeJJC(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2019
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Uyi168: 11:19am On May 07, 2019
These laws hardly apply...
The Nigeria factor being the biggest set back..

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Onyekachi419(f): 11:19am On May 07, 2019
The only way to be successful in this Nigeria is to make money grin
What am i saying shocked

5 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:19am On May 07, 2019
Be contempted with what you have, Ignore Crooked people Flaunting their illgotten wealths on Social media. Believe it or not their bank balances are ussually Zero. grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by goat22: 11:19am On May 07, 2019
Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better than cure, HGI drug go do am, whether you be man or woman, prevention is better than cure, many many doctors them don dey find am, belle they big you no like am see am.
Beans dey block yansh?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Teadavid23(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2019
That's tentative tho... Not constant
Thanks so much for that tho.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by YankeeJJC(m): 11:20am On May 07, 2019
Grupo:
How to be successful, written by a hungry blogger.

Then he tells you to not work hard but smart. But if you ask him what smart work means, he will start blabbing.
smart work means taking chances and grabbing opportunities in your field

3 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by goat22: 11:21am On May 07, 2019
gypsey:
Be contempted with what you have, Ignore Crooked people Flaunting their illgotten wealths on Social media. Believe it or not their bank balances are ussually Zero. grin

Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better
than cure, HGI drug go do am, whether you be man or
woman, prevention is better than cure, many many doctors
them don dey find am, belle they big you no like am see am.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by partnerbizz4: 11:21am On May 07, 2019
No one way of being successful.

Success depends on a lot of things ranging from family background to luck and hardwork

Sell Airtime to us and make money!

Also buy Mtn, glo and etisalat data on promo from us.
See over 751 testimonies in red link below.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Carlyboi(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2019
Iffa hear!how to be successful in life ke?all na format no be naija we Dey!he simple gan join politics or sabi oga at the top,get talent sports or entertainment and pray for luck,learn a skill e fit be yahoo o or do hard crimes drug,human or arms trafficking.Be a Geek or tech head is the new crude oil and lastly be innovative or educated.Thats all!

5 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by goat22: 11:22am On May 07, 2019
YankeeJJC:
smart work means taking chances and grabbing opportunities in your field

Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better
than cure, HGI drug go do am, whether you be man or
woman, prevention is better than cure, many many doctors
them don dey find am, belle they big you no like am see am. Garden egg dey block yansh?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:23am On May 07, 2019
@Iamplato

Na you write dis article? Answer me so dat I can tell you something important

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Pay Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Better? / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria / Why Do Ladies Dominate The Banking Sector...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.