Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Be Successful In Life - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be Successful In Life (20996 Views)

Two Most Important Skills You Need To Be Successful In Your Career / Two Important Skills You Need To Learn To Be Successful In Your Career / Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by goat22: 11:23am On May 07, 2019
Carlyboi:
Iffa hear!how to be successful in life ke?all na format no be naija we Dey!he simple gan join politics or sabi oga at the top,get talent sports or entertainment and pray for luck,learn a skill e fit be yahoo o or do hard crimes drug,human or arms trafficking.Be a Geek or tech head is the new crude oil and lastly be innovative or educated.Thats all!

Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better
than cure, HGI drug go do am, whether you be man or
woman, prevention is better than cure, many many doctors
them don dey find am, belle they big you no like am see am. Belle no be turntable. Belle dey big you no like am see am.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by XTHRONE(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2019
You are not special, who told u that, I know who I am so therefore I can't fall like mere man.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by franchasng: 11:24am On May 07, 2019
Grupo:
How to be successful, written by a hungry blogger.

Then he tells you to not work hard but smart. But if you ask him what smart work means, he will start blabbing.
lol

I think everybody knows the rule to success in life but what governs the entire rule of success and breakthrough in life is DESTINY!

Our destiny determines our degree of success in life.

You can be smart, hardworking, intelligent, good in everything and doing the right thing but then you lack luck, I tell you, you won't achieve much.

Many people, many tribe, races, religion, etc interpret destiny in different ways, some see it as luck, some see it as divine favor, some see it as grace, some see it as whatever, it all boils down to DESTINY!

Our destiny has the final say in who and what we become in life, sadly cry

...and to the poster, some people are special to God, whether u admit it or not, despite their sins, despite their shortcomings, they still find favor and mercy with God.

Some people commit same crime that has taken the life of many, and still go free angry

Obasanjo to me enjoys some favor!

Even Buhari enjoys some favor because the evil he has committed, if Goodluck had committed half of it, Goodluck would have been killed long time ago.

Some people commit evil and get away with it, even without connection but by virtue of what no human can explain, but then it is their destiny!

That is why u must not follow your friend or colleague or brother or classmate to commit the same evil he or she commits because they might be destined to go free and you will be caught

7 Likes

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by jaxxy(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2019
Interesting lol
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Zombicmodz: 11:25am On May 07, 2019
SUCCESS IS A RELATIVE WORD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by darkelf: 11:25am On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
what Exactly Are You Saying?

Did You Even Read What Was Up There? Those Are Not Rules But Facts you Must Understand In Your Journey Of Success...

You guys peddling this fallacy of hard work not being indispensable.

It takes hard work to think innovatively. It takes hard work to figure out ways to work smart. Ask the discoverer of electricity how many times it took him to fail before he succeeded.

Do you know many of such bricklayers have multiple houses and cars lowkey? They don't have to flaunt it. That's the mentality of a poor man.

You bring up a woman that doesn't know how to sew. I've lived long enough to know that the more you look, the keas you see. She may have slept with one rich Alhaji who opened that business for her. And u can tell you for a fact, if she doesn't learn the basics of sewing at least, her employees will defraud her a lot of times without knowing.

You are Plato......really.....you done even sound like one bro. No offence.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by nkem1992: 11:25am On May 07, 2019
inspiring, don't mind those fellas with unrealistic criticism.
Am a victim of N0 8, though am doing better than i use to, a matter of saying no; resolutely and yes realistically..
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by HolyHero: 11:31am On May 07, 2019
Wow!! Thank you so much for this post.. it’s educative..

Some mumu people won’t read and learn... they’ll be shouting dangote and otedola up and down

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:31am On May 07, 2019
goat22:

Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better
than cure, HGI drug go do am, whether you be man or
woman, prevention is better than cure, many many doctors
them don dey find am, belle they big you no like am see am.
You ve lost me Completely. I have No idea what all the above means.. Could you please, Simplify?.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by FManager(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

This is not like every other success write up you use to know; its high time we spit the truth...

What do you understand success to be?

Success for me could be havin a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing lives of people every step of the way, success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...

Our definition for success differs greatly, just as our strategies of achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women or estates? Define it... with a definition you have a road map on which you plan on.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

Now lets be very plain here...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
1. No one is going to fix you, you got to fix yourself
2. You must accept yourself the way you are
3. Life will never be perfect
4. Those who complain must achieve less
5. No one has it all figured out
6. Enemies will accumulate
7. You are not special
8. Being too kind is a weakness
9. Success is not achieved by hard work

1. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIX YOU, YOU GOT TO FIX YOURSELF
Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

2. YOU MUST ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE
They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some persons are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. Reason is because the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have a facial surgery, change your skin colour but I promuise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “this can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

3. LIFE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT
As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you can not always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you can not always have it all, what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury house to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

4. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN MOST ACHIEVE LESS
Same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

5. NO ONE HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT
In the road map of success there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How do I eradicate poverty?
How do I make the world love me?
How can I be the best?
How do I succeed without offending others?
Save yourself the trouble and move on with your life...

6. ENEMIES WILL ACCUMULATE#
Either you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other persons. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, smart, you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only priveledged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.
You are nothing but just a man working to enjoy life just like others

8. BEING TO KIND IS A WEAKNESS
“Bro please can I borrow you laptop?”
“I’m sorry you can’t”
“Please bro... I need to get this project done”
“I don’t give out my office... this is where I do my business”
“So you can’t help a brother”
“Sorry I can’t... go to a cyber cafe”...
What if you give out your laptop and it gets stolen, what would you do?
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too muc h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when its necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off success track

9. SUCCESS IS NOT ACHIEVED BY HARD WORK
The truth is, not every one will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard not smart

You want to be a CEO? You want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, brick layers, conductors, street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

You cannot be a CEO if you are not smart

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting

Op, you don make am also? grin wink tongue
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by MisterKings(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2019
harlee:
We know all these before,oga go straight to the point, how do I start import and export business grin grin grin

Its easy na. I dont understand why people still ask this question. Starting an import business is as easy as buying things in the market, the difference is that its online
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by iammo(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2019
cool

very usefull tips, you forgot the key factor, Invest, Invest and Invest
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Heylius(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2019
To be successful in Nigeria
1)do yahoo
2)carry person money disappear
3)don't be straight forward
4)work online
5)become a drug dealer
6)do ritual

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Ozkar: 11:35am On May 07, 2019
Success is relative and so is its path.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by MisterKings(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2019
franchasng:
lol

I think everybody knows the rule to success in life but what governs the entire rule of success and breakthrough in life is DESTINY!

Our destiny determines our degree of success in life.

You can be smart, hardworking, intelligent, good in everything and doing the right thing but then you lack luck, I tell you, you won't achieve much.

Many people, many tribe, races, religion, etc interpret destiny in different ways, some see it as luck, some see it as divine favor, some see it as grace, some see it as whatever, it all boils down to DESTINY!

Our destiny has the final say in who and what we become in life, sadly cry

Thats why sometimes I miss the good old days I used to hear about in stories. Where a herbalist will tell you what you are meant to do with your life. It helps a lot not to waste someone's life, studying accounting when the person is meant to be a doctor. We cant be throwing shit at the wall and hoping one sticks, no time for that.

These white men have come and brain washed us with nonsense religions of all types. Made our tradition look evil (although most no dey try na so so bad bad people full there). But our tradition is also meant for our success in life (if channeled properly).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Yoighaman(m): 11:41am On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:

This is not like every other success write up you use to know; its high time we spit the truth...

Success for me could be havin a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing lives of people every step of the way, success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...

Our definition for success differs greatly, just as our strategies of achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women or estates? Define it... with a definition you have a road map on which you plan on.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
7. You are not special

Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some persons are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. Reason is because the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have a facial surgery, change your skin colour but I promuise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “this can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you can not always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you can not always have it all, what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury house to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

Same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

In the road map of success there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How can I be the best?

Either you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other persons. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, smart, you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only priveledged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.

“I’m sorry you can’t”
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too muc h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when its necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off success track

The truth is, not every one will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard not smart

You want to be a CEO? You want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, brick layers, conductors, street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

Nice post. @OP, thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by SweetyZinta(f): 11:43am On May 07, 2019
Thumbs up mr op, I haven't read anything nice and straight forward like this in a long time. We should encourage more of this here instead of the bad news flying here and there on a daily basis.

Few earliest comments shows the get rich quick mentality of the youths of our country. May God bless our hustle. We will get there!!!
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by MisterKings(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2019
darkelf:

It takes hard work to think innovatively. It takes hard work to figure out ways to work smart. Ask the discoverer of electricity how many times it took him to fail before he succeeded.

Do you know many of such bricklayers have multiple houses and cars lowkey? They don't have to flaunt it. That's the mentality of a poor man.

You bring up a woman that doesn't know how to sew. I've lived long enough to know that the more you look, the keas you see. She may have slept with one rich Alhaji who opened that business for her. And u can tell you for a fact, if she doesn't learn the basics of sewing at least, her employees will defraud her a lot of times without knowing.

Like chioma slept with Davido to open catering business when she probably doesnt know how to open sachet indomie grin
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Rapmoney(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2019
Nice write-up
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by pinkygurl(f): 11:47am On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:

7. You are not special

How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How can I be the best?

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL

“I’m sorry you can’t”

shocked
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by MisterKings(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2019
Personally success varies from person to person.

Success to someone might mean having a loving family
Success to another is having a child with money to take care of her

Success to someone might mean getting plenty certificate....OND, HND, PHD, GCE, HIV grin
While Sucess to another might mean having papers to properties e.g Deed of Assignment, allocation, shares

So the thing get as e be. So you cant give one advice/rule or any map to success.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Grupo(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2019
YankeeJJC:
smart work means taking chances and grabbing opportunities in your field

What most Nigerians mean when they talk about smart work is to cut corners.

That's why the world is skeptical of us.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2019
darkelf:

Honestly I Have No Reply For You. Believe What You Want
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:02pm On May 07, 2019
DukeofNZ:
@Iamplato

Na you write dis article? Answer me so dat I can tell you something important
Yes I Wrote It Sir
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2019
Grupo:
How to be successful, written by a hungry blogger.

Then he tells you to not work hard but smart. But if you ask him what smart work means, he will start blabbing.
Sorry I Am Not A Blogger
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2019
Uyi168:
.. These laws hardly apply... The Nigeria factor being the biggest set back..
Pick To Two Or Three And Explain How They DonT Apply In Nigeria
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Grupo(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
Sorry I Am Not A Blogger

What is the meaning of smart work. Can you give practical real life examples that are appliable to the Nigerian scene?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:22pm On May 07, 2019
Grupo:

What is the meaning of smart work. Can you give practical real life examples that are appliable to the Nigerian scene?
Its Creativity... People Want A Lot Of Things That They Do Not know They Want Until They See It... If You Wish To Be A Problem Solver Then You Have To Think Out Of The Box, work Out Of The Box

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Grupo(m): 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
Its Creativity... People Want A Lot Of Things That They Do Not know They Want Until They See It... If You Wish To Be A Problem Solver Then You Have To Think Out Of The Box, work Out Of The Box

You have no answer
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by ephraim18(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2019
nice write up bro no 6 and 8 got me more thanks bro. no mind all those negative talk lazy youth here are saying keep it up. u write well

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2019
Grupo:

You have no answer
Bye

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Grupo(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
Bye

Next time, don't write what you don't know. Don't jump on a band wagon because it seems trendy. Always sit down and ask yourself, "can I defend this thing I am about to put out?"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life / Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? / What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.