Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

How To Be Successful In Life - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be Successful In Life (20994 Views)

Two Most Important Skills You Need To Be Successful In Your Career / Two Important Skills You Need To Learn To Be Successful In Your Career / Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by 2emgee(m): 12:54pm On May 07, 2019
Some Nairalanders and bad mouth! If you can't spot anything good in a post can't you just ignore it? Must you try so hard to castigate others opinion? Its high time some of these people started showing some concern for other people's emotion and be matured.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by 3rdeyeNigeria: 1:03pm On May 07, 2019
Best post I have read in nairaland this year.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Kendrick80(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
Just mind ur bizz and ull be fine
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by 8stargeneral: 1:59pm On May 07, 2019
So all these rules Dangote use to become d African richest ...success is ordained by God
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by godlyguy(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2019
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by OlawaleBammie: 2:52pm On May 07, 2019
franchasng:
lol

I think everybody knows the rule to success in life but what governs the entire rule of success and breakthrough in life is DESTINY!

Our destiny determines our degree of success in life.

You can be smart, hardworking, intelligent, good in everything and doing the right thing but then you lack luck, I tell you, you won't achieve much.

Many people, many tribe, races, religion, etc interpret destiny in different ways, some see it as luck, some see it as divine favor, some see it as grace, some see it as whatever, it all boils down to DESTINY!

Our destiny has the final say in who and what we become in life, sadly cry

...and to the poster, some people are special to God, whether u admit it or not, despite their sins, despite their shortcomings, they still find favor and mercy with God.

Some people commit same crime that has taken the life of many, and still go free angry

Obasanjo to me enjoys some favor!

Even Buhari enjoys some favor because the evil he has committed, if Goodluck had committed half of it, Goodluck would have been killed long time ago.

Some people commit evil and get away with it, even without connection but by virtue of what no human can explain, but then it is their destiny!

That is why u must not follow your friend or colleague or brother or classmate to commit the same evil he or she commits because they might be destined to go free and you will be caught

Ahh, i swear u b better pikin, God bless ur mother for giving bat to u, u speak my mind and my view abt life in entirety, destiny determine everything, if nt d most brilliant students would always b d most successful in career path. i swear ur word speak health to me dis afternoon.
Success is nt determined by how far or fervent u can pray of how much u pay as offering and tithe, or how hard u can work, not even how smart u can tink.
hav u nt seen some who wil tink like a mumu but his mumurity wil stil bring him success?? havnt u seen an ardent Church or mosque goer always with a flattened slippers and a radical beer palour customer makin waves and touching life outside??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by OlawaleBammie: 3:02pm On May 07, 2019
some wil say if u fornicate u re denting ur destiny, pls if dis apply to every soul den cristiano ronaldo shouldnt av even played for united and madrid talkless of winning multiple awards like rat birth pikin, AM NT SAYING FORNICATION IS GOOD OOOOO.
Hey!! life doesnt hav manual jare, just knw wat works for u chikena, lobatan,..
If God touches u He don touch u b dat, ask Esau and Jacob dey wil explain better, Ask Samson and David and sure dey hav lots to say. Ask Solomon son of David, he can give us tips...
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by PointBlankFOREX: 5:19pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
what Exactly Are You Saying?

Did You Even Read What Was Up There? Those Are Not Rules But Facts you Must Understand In Your Journey Of Success...
angry how people just read a topic without reading the content and post completely eludes me.. It's really appalling.. angry

I totally concur with all the points given by o.p.. Deceive yourself if you think Dangote and otedola didn't sacrifice at one point in their lives... Deceive yourself if you think they had it easy... Getting there is all about taking risks and leaving excuses behind..

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 07, 2019
Grupo:
How to be successful, written by a hungry blogger.

Then he tells you to not work hard but smart. But if you ask him what smart work means, he will start blabbing.
You have time for all these foolish writers ?

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by franchasng: 5:49pm On May 07, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ahh, i swear u b better pikin, God bless ur mother for giving bat to u, u speak my mind and my view abt life in entirety, destiny determine everything, if nt d most brilliant students would always b d most successful in career path. i swear ur word speak health to me dis afternoon.
Success is nt determined by how far or fervent u can pray of how much u pay as offering and tithe, or how hard u can work, not even how smart u can tink.
hav u nt seen some who wil tink like a mumu but his mumurity wil stil bring him success?? havnt u seen an ardent Church or mosque goer always with a flattened slippers and a radical beer palour customer makin waves and touching life outside??
Lol, it is well bro....we will keep praying for God's mercy and grace to enable us do exploits, stay blessed cool
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Gabson001(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2019
Op well said... Really inspired
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 07, 2019
This is one of the best content I've read on Nairaland. I appreciate the writer's effort.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by cassyrooy(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2019
MissJoy29 ino eba?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by rigarmortis: 6:34pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
what Exactly Are You Saying?

Did You Even Read What Was Up There? Those Are Not Rules But Facts you Must Understand In Your Journey Of Success...

How much do you have in the bank?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2019
rigarmortis:

How much do you have in the bank?
Hope You Know This Is An Unreasonable Question... And Quite Rude
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2019
Omnibus:
You have time for all these foolish writers ?
what Is The Purpose Of This Statement?
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by abbeytech1: 7:59pm On May 07, 2019
Nice write up, well done OP
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 07, 2019
IamPlato:
what Is The Purpose Of This Statement?
You all just write for the sake of writing, to have that feel good feeling of a great writer nothing about impact and you know it .I know it too and I know your kind well.
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 10:15am On May 08, 2019
Omnibus:
You all just write for the sake of writing, to have that feel good feeling of a great writer nothing about impact and you know it .I know it too and I know your kind well.
So You Are Saying There Is No Meaning From This Write Up.

I Pray That Envy Does Not Kill You. Good bye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Mryacks: 11:20am On May 10, 2019
IamPlato:
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

This is not like every other success write up you use to know; its high time we spit the truth...

What do you understand success to be?

Success for me could be havin a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing lives of people every step of the way, success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...

Our definition for success differs greatly, just as our strategies of achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women or estates? Define it... with a definition you have a road map on which you plan on.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

Now lets be very plain here...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
1. No one is going to fix you, you got to fix yourself
2. You must accept yourself the way you are
3. Life will never be perfect
4. Those who complain must achieve less
5. No one has it all figured out
6. Enemies will accumulate
7. You are not special
8. Being too kind is a weakness
9. Success is not achieved by hard work

1. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIX YOU, YOU GOT TO FIX YOURSELF
Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

2. YOU MUST ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE
They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some persons are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. Reason is because the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have a facial surgery, change your skin colour but I promuise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “this can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

3. LIFE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT
As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you can not always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you can not always have it all, what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury house to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

4. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN MOST ACHIEVE LESS
Same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

5. NO ONE HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT
In the road map of success there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How do I eradicate poverty?
How do I make the world love me?
How can I be the best?
How do I succeed without offending others?
Save yourself the trouble and move on with your life...

6. ENEMIES WILL ACCUMULATE#
Either you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other persons. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, smart, you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only priveledged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.
You are nothing but just a man working to enjoy life just like others

8. BEING TO KIND IS A WEAKNESS
“Bro please can I borrow you laptop?”
“I’m sorry you can’t”
“Please bro... I need to get this project done”
“I don’t give out my office... this is where I do my business”
“So you can’t help a brother”
“Sorry I can’t... go to a cyber cafe”...
What if you give out your laptop and it gets stolen, what would you do?
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too muc h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when its necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off success track

9. SUCCESS IS NOT ACHIEVED BY HARD WORK
The truth is, not every one will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard not smart

You want to be a CEO? You want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, brick layers, conductors, street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

You cannot be a CEO if you are not smart

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting

Fantastic....learnt alot
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Mryacks: 11:21am On May 10, 2019
IamPlato:
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

This is not like every other success write up you use to know; its high time we spit the truth...

What do you understand success to be?

Success for me could be havin a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing lives of people every step of the way, success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...

Our definition for success differs greatly, just as our strategies of achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women or estates? Define it... with a definition you have a road map on which you plan on.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

Now lets be very plain here...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
1. No one is going to fix you, you got to fix yourself
2. You must accept yourself the way you are
3. Life will never be perfect
4. Those who complain must achieve less
5. No one has it all figured out
6. Enemies will accumulate
7. You are not special
8. Being too kind is a weakness
9. Success is not achieved by hard work

1. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIX YOU, YOU GOT TO FIX YOURSELF
Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

2. YOU MUST ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE
They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some persons are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. Reason is because the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have a facial surgery, change your skin colour but I promuise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “this can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

3. LIFE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT
As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you can not always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you can not always have it all, what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury house to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

4. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN MOST ACHIEVE LESS
Same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

5. NO ONE HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT
In the road map of success there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How do I eradicate poverty?
How do I make the world love me?
How can I be the best?
How do I succeed without offending others?
Save yourself the trouble and move on with your life...

6. ENEMIES WILL ACCUMULATE#
Either you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other persons. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, smart, you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only priveledged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.
You are nothing but just a man working to enjoy life just like others

8. BEING TO KIND IS A WEAKNESS
“Bro please can I borrow you laptop?”
“I’m sorry you can’t”
“Please bro... I need to get this project done”
“I don’t give out my office... this is where I do my business”
“So you can’t help a brother”
“Sorry I can’t... go to a cyber cafe”...
What if you give out your laptop and it gets stolen, what would you do?
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too muc h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when its necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off success track

9. SUCCESS IS NOT ACHIEVED BY HARD WORK
The truth is, not every one will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard not smart

You want to be a CEO? You want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, brick layers, conductors, street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

You cannot be a CEO if you are not smart

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting

Fantastic...Learnt alot

1 Like

Re: How To Be Successful In Life by IamPlato(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2019
Mryacks:

Fantastic....learnt alot
God Bless You Sir
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by Rick9(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2019
@IamPlato
Awesome post, i got the message clearly.

But going through some of the irritating comments here eh, it shows that most persons here dont read to understand, they can barely think,
Just rushing to drop comments. Smh
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by MrAlert(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2019
Success is for the bold! No body ever succeeded without taking risks!
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by booksrite(f): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2019
So You Are Saying There Is No Meaning From This Write Up.I Pray That Envy Does Not Kill You. Good bye

grin
Re: How To Be Successful In Life by kcysoft: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2019
Nice article. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? / What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.