Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Respecting Religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Respecting Religions (3105 Views)

Respecting A Commitment Made / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respecting Religions by spicie: 11:02pm On May 02, 2007
Nairalanders,
Its high time u people start behaving matured,ist really improper the way some of us post silly topics consisting of false QURANIC AND HADITH VERSES. i.e https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48477.0.html
It will be good if we respect and understand each others religion. I assure you theres no topic in this forum that is started by a muslim in order to insult christianity.
Seun its also your responsibily to kindly stop such acts in the forum.
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 11:22pm On May 02, 2007
Why does a religion, any religion for that matter, deserve respect? they deserve to be tolerated, but respected, no.

Let's put it that way: your religion deserves respect in as much as your opinion that your children are exceptionally intelligent and your spouse is shockingly good looking deserves respect. Common sense dictates that people should not go out of their way to offend people, but never, ever should anyone hold back his or her mind just to prevent hurting someone else's religious feelings.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 1:08am On May 03, 2007
@specie,

spicie:

Its high time u people start behaving matured,ist really improper the way some of us post silly topics consisting of false QURANIC AND HADITH VERSES. i.e https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48477.0.html

May we know exactly which false Qur'anic and Hadith verses were quoted?

spicie:

It will be good if we respect and understand each others religion. I assure you theres no topic in this forum that is started by a muslim in order to insult christianity.

Which one of the following are you assuring us have not been started by a muslim in order to insult Christianity?

#1. Jesus Vs. Prophecy
Excerpt: "I came across some prophesies of God Jesus which I decide to put across to my
christian friends to assist in explaining to me because the Jesus is my book is never a liar"
[so, by implication, is the Jesus in the Bible a liar?]

#2. O Worshippers of The Messiah, We Have A Question
Excerpt: "Then he emerged from the vagina as a tiny baby, opening his mouth and seeking the breast, . ."
[that is how they ask "A Question" and expect Christians to respond, yes?]

#3. Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad
Excerpt: "This topic has led many lazy Muslims at the crossroads, being easily deceived
by the so called Christians with their man-made religion
(Pauline Christianity). . ."

Besides "starting" topics, how many posts by muslims can you assure us have not been posted to deliberately defame Christ and Christianity?

spicie:

Seun its also your responsibily to kindly stop such acts in the forum

Your appeal for mutual respect in discussing issues may be all well-intended; and I applaud that. However, what indeed I think Seun should do is delete or remove the multiple threads with same topics that read so many 'views' and "0" replies - especially those recently evolving to clog up the Forum. I don't think it makes sense for the admin to take action to lock up a thread simply because of your personal disaffection.
Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 1:08am On May 03, 2007
spicie:

Nairalanders,

Can you also assure us there are NO verses in the quran that insult christians and jews? Can you assure us there are NO nations on earth where christians and jews are either to be no more than dhimmis or to be killed?
Can you assure us that christians are safe in Gombe?

nferyn:

Why does a religion, any religion for that matter, deserve respect? they deserve to be tolerated, but respected, no.

Let's put it that way: your religion deserves respect in as much as your opinion that your children are exceptionally intelligent and your spouse is shockingly good looking deserves respect. Common sense dictates that people should not go out of their way to offend people, but never, ever should anyone hold back his or her mind just to prevent hurting someone else's religious feelings.

Islam means "submission". The submission of  one's rights to freedom of expression just to avoid "offending" islam.
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 5:58am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

Islam means "submission". The submission of one's rights to freedom of expression just to avoid "offending" islam.
I know Islam is far more extreme in that matter, but Christians shouldn't get a free pas either. The anti-intellectualism in the Bible is staggering.

(edited after posting)
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 8:22am On May 03, 2007
cool cool cool
cool cool cool
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 8:29am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

Can you also assure us there are NO verses in the quran that insult christians and jews? Can you assure us there are NO nations on earth where christians and jews are either to be no more than dhimmis or to be killed?
Actually, both the Bible and the Qu'ran are far worse when it comes to atheist. What is somebody like me supposed to? Show respect for those that in their holy scritures never fail to insult me?
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 10:04am On May 03, 2007
nferyn:

Actually, both the Bible and the Qu'ran are far worse when it comes to atheist. What is somebody like me supposed to? Show respect for those that in their holy scritures never fail to insult me?

@nferyn,

Whether everyone on this Forum is good or bad in whichever way we choose to view them, I have one question for you:

If you came across Muhammad and declared yourself an atheist, what do you suppose he would have done to you?

Insult - is it just that? No, I'm not even thinking about how atheists themselves have done the very same thing to theists. Yet, when declaring both the Bible and Qur'an to be "far worse", I'm only concerned at the present moment about the question above. And my concern is borne out of what I know Muhammad is reputed to have done to the atheists he came across.
Re: Respecting Religions by DisGuy: 10:12am On May 03, 2007
Islam means "submission". The submission of one's rights to freedom of expression just to avoid "offending" islam.

Islam means to submission to God
Re: Respecting Religions by Reverend(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2007
and the acceptance of torture, murder and every other type of cruelty as part and parcel of Islam!
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2007
Let's be fair to these folks. The word Islam by simple definition is "submission"; but I'm concerned that it does not tell us to whom or what one submits in that definition. Perhaps, only after the "submission" of one's being does he/she find out exactly.
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2007
@stimulus

I decide to reply according to your bible. When dont you remove the log in your eyes before removing the speck on your brother's eyes? Why are you being dishonest to yourself? You brought out threads where Muslims condemned christian, why dont you go to the links below and tell me your view. Bring out threads or posts where Muslims insulted Jesus and I will bring you three posts for every post or allegation brought against muslims here on nairaland.

#1. Jesus Vs. Prophecy
Excerpt: "I came across some prophesies of God Jesus which I decide to put across to my
christian friends to assist in explaining to me because the Jesus is my book is never a liar"
[so, by implication, is the Jesus in the Bible a liar?]

#2. O Worshippers of The Messiah, We Have A Question
Excerpt: "Then he emerged from the vagina as a tiny baby, opening his mouth and seeking the breast, . ."
[that is how they ask "A Question" and expect Christians to respond, yes?]

#3. Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad
Excerpt: "This topic has led many lazy Muslims at the crossroads, being easily deceived
by the so called Christians with their man-made religion (Pauline Christianity). . ."

Besides "starting" topics, how many posts by muslims can you assure us have not been posted to deliberately defame Christ and Christianity?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-49728.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48474.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48711.0.html
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 10:57am On May 03, 2007
stimulus:

f you came across Muhammad and declared yourself an atheist, what do you suppose he would have done to you?
Probably kill me, just as the average pre-enlightenment Christian would have done. During that era I wouldn't have come out as an atheist anyway out of fear for my life.

stimulus:

Insult - is it just that?
With the current crop of Christians it's only that, yes (the dominionists notwithstanding though). We are progressing morally, aren't we wink

stimulus:
No, I'm not even thinking about how atheists themselves have done the very same thing to theists.
Talking about the persecutions of Stalin and the like are you not? Pray tell me, was it their atheism that motivated them?

stimulus:

Yet, when declaring both the Bible and Qur'an to be "far worse", I'm only concerned at the present moment about the question above. And my concern is borne out of what I know Muhammad is reputed to have done to the atheists he came across.
I don't follow you here. What exactly is your point?
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2007
@stimulus

Funny how you are trying to draw the attention of an atheist to the issue at hand. Why not keep silent if you have nothing to offer. Go over to the links above and honestly tell me your view.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2007
@nferyn,

nferyn:

Probably kill me, just as the average pre-enlightenment Christian would have done. During that era I wouldn't have come out as an atheist anyway out of fear for my life.

There's no probability there: he would have done precisely that - and there's textual proof for that. And you're right that it wouldn't make sense to come out as an atheist anyway out of the reason you gave.

nferyn:

With the current crop of Christians it's only that, yes (the dominionists notwithstanding though). We are progressing morally, aren't we wink

It may be argued whichever way - and I know of many current crop of non-theists (and/or atheists) who would easily fail the test.

nferyn:

Talking about the persecutions of Stalin and the like are you not? Pray tell me, was it their atheism that motivated them?

No, I wasn't actually - my thoughts were broader than that.

nferyn:

I don't follow you here. What exactly is your point?

My point was simply this: I don't think it would be fair to make a broad statement that BOTH the Bible and the Qur'an are far worse in terms of your complaint. And that is why I posed that question earlier.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 11:16am On May 03, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Funny how you are trying to draw the attention of an atheist to the issue at hand. Why not keep silent if you have nothing to offer. Go over to the links above and honestly tell me your view.

Do you have eyes to read at all? Did I draw him here, or he was first on this thread before I asked a him question? If you failed to observe that, would you rather not have done better in silence than read issues crossed-eyed? What is the meaning of this clandestine post you're bringing up?

babs787:

I decide to reply according to your bible. When don't you remove the log in your eyes before removing the speck on your brother's eyes? Why are you being dishonest to yourself?

You can accuse all you want, and I'm used to your false allegations - example: your dishonest post above. If you would take your own advice and be honest to yourself, we would read far more intelligent inputs from you.

babs787:

You brought out threads where Muslims condemned christian, why don't you go to the links below and tell me your view. Bring out threads or posts where Muslims insulted Jesus and I will bring you three posts for every post or allegation brought against muslims here on nairaland.

Don't make me laugh! My posts stands as is in reply to specie's. She laid the allegation of your complaint, and my response was to call her attention to the lopsided view of her having missed the fact that Muslims are also guilty of the same thing as she attempted to cast here - and you have affirmed that (highlights in the quote above).

So, what is the otiose efforts you're now seeking to bring up?
Re: Respecting Religions by Seun(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2007
As always, I want to remind you guys that I find the very idea of "submission" completely ridiculous and laughable.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2007
Seun:

As always, I want to remind you guys that I find the very idea of "submission" completely ridiculous and laughable.

Awww. . . Seun. What a spoiler you are! undecided
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2007
stimulus:

It may be argued whichever way - and I know of many current crop of non-theists (and/or atheists) who would easily fail the test.
The test of superior ethics you mean? I have no doubt you can find many unethical jerks among the non-theists. What you should look at however is the overall ethical behaviour of atheists vis-a-vis theists on a proportional basis. I don't think athiest would come out that bad. As a matter of fact, if you would take imprisonment figures as a basis, they come out as far more ethical (or maybe they're just smarter not to get caught)

stimulus:

My point was simply this: I don't think it would be fair to make a broad statement that BOTH the Bible and the Qur'an are far worse in terms of your complaint. And that is why I posed that question earlier.
They are both pretty intolerant towards non believers. If you would go to the organisational counterweight among the non-believers as represented by different secular-humanist organisations, that would imply a far superior ethical stance.
I'll take e.g. the works of Peter Singer over any of the religious books at any time.
Re: Respecting Religions by nferyn(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2007
Seun:

It is. In Christianity the same concept goes by another label though, faith.
Maybe our Christian friends could explain an atheist ignoramus how exactly Christian faith differs from Muslim submission, except in their different degrees of irrationality?
Re: Respecting Religions by ricadelide(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2007
nferyn:

Maybe our Christian friends could explain an atheist ignoramus how exactly Christian faith differs from Muslim submission, except in their different degrees of irrationality?

My interest here is not comparisons between Christianity and Islam, 'cos there's no basis for such - if you understand the deep teachings of either faith, you know they are worlds apart from each other.

However, nferyn, for the purpose of the 'rationality' which you so desire, i want you to come out of your atheism bubble for a minute and assume the God of the bible actually exists. I know that's a tough call, but please do so for the purpose of this post. Going by the mere fact that he cannot be seen with the physical eyes here on earth do you not think that faith is/should be the rational approach for relating with him?
We actually do a lot of living by faith as humans - faith in the existing physical laws that we are aware of. Awareness of natural laws becomes a part of our subconscious and we do not have to live in rational thought about certain actions when they become a part of us - because we know they are real. Take for example mere walking. When your eyes are not looking at the ground, taking steps involves faith (albeit all so passive) that the ground is level. when you step into a pot-hole do you then realise what you took for granted. My point is - when something is real to you, you don't need faith to define the existence of the thing, and faith slips to passive acceptance.
Now consider distant relationships, you have someone you love and trust because you knew that person, then you became seperated by distance. It takes faith for you to know that person will remain faithful to you. And for some with strong faith in each other, even when a false report comes about the person, you refuse to acknowledge it - because you trust that person (of course you could be wrong). I dont need faith to acknowledge that the person existed, i need faith to predict the actions of the person when i can't see them. In this realm of invisibilty and predictions is when faith becomes active.
I'm just using examples to illustrate my points.
Awareness of God and his attributes for/by a christian provokes faith - for predicting God's intention/ability to fulfil His word, for verifying His attributes, etc. It is perfectly rational. The only reason why it seems so irrational to you to live by faith is cos you assume (or rather beleive) that there is no God. You don't know that there is no God. In my own 'bubble', I know that there is a God, and relating with him by faith is perfectly rational for me because there are premises for such beleifs. If you know something is real you don't need faith to verify the existence of the thing, you only need faith to predict the actions of the entity under different circumstances.
Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 03, 2007
When a religion  insists it is their god given right to silence the voice of others who dare question why they teach doctrines that are contrary to the simple law of live and let live,it ceases to be a religion.
When they insist that they must kill off people who dare to decamp,it must be questioned and brought to order and we ought to cry out in unison.
It becomes important for society to demand that such teaching be changed,if possible expunged.

If we all kept quiet Amina Lawal would have been stoned to death in Nigeria,Muhammad in Afghanistan who turned away from Islam to Christs saving grace would have been beheaded.
We will endeavor to be respectful but asking us to be silent is like trying to cover up a pregnancy,sooner or later,the bulge will begin to show.

Like Wafa Sultan said,Muslims can choose to worship stones but they must not throw them at their neighbors
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2007
@ Spicie,
Have you forgotten that the marauding thief, killer ,paedophile master in the name of Muhammad died on his sick bed cursing Christians? Is that the epitome of respect to you?
Re: Respecting Religions by mukina2: 8:06pm On May 03, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Spicie,
Have you forgotten that the marauding thief, killer ,paedophile master in the name of Muhammad died on his sick bed cursing Christians? Is that the epitome of respect to you?

God have mercy on ur soul . .
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 8:10pm On May 03, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Spicie,

Lol. . mrpataki, let's play it cool and refrain from deliberately slurring their respected icon. We may not like the many things we've read in their books concerning him; but we can help them appreciate one thing: Christ would have us love and draw them to His loving truth.

God bless.
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2007
mukina2:

God have mercy on your soul . .

I wish if Muhammad had made this prayer on his dying bed, maybe the world would have been a better place for lunatics not to go about threatening us with bombs!

I cannot be decieved!
Re: Respecting Religions by mukina2: 8:19pm On May 03, 2007
pataki i repeat may God have mercy on ur soul!
Re: Respecting Religions by mrpataki(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2007
mukina2:

pataki i repeat may God have mercy on your soul!
You follow me around, now you pray for me tongue

By the way which God are you talking of?
Re: Respecting Religions by babs787(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2007
@stimulus

I laugh when I read your lies. It didnt come as a surprise to me. You also lied when you told me there is no Jesus Barabas in the bible. Here you lied again:.

Don't make me laugh! My posts stands as is in reply to specie's. She laid the allegation of your complaint, and my response was to call her attention to the lopsided view of her having missed the fact that Muslims are also guilty of the same thing as she attempted to cast here - and you have affirmed that (highlights in the quote above).

Did I complain and what have I complained about? Arent you the one that has been shouting that babs has been lifting from thread when its glaring that your sister babyosis has been lifting from same and she might have probably mailed you some sites. Tayod too went to that site lifted their similarities and differences between Jesus and Moses but babs never said anyting and the reason is not far fetched from the fatch that falsehood cannot overcome truth. Your authors had most of the debate edited. Likewise one pastor Isang that I told you about sometime ago. He brought his own cameraman and had where he bleeped up edited. You should go and find out from Pastor Sonibare of Redeemed Christian Church of God too. You are free to lift from any sites and be rest assured that your allegations will be refuted.

@babyosis

The religious threads have resumued, thanks but no thanks to your handshake. Like I keep saying, babs is not interested in any handshake where you go about insulting my faith and my prophet. Babs as been said will respect your faith only if you do so. Nothing moves babs, derives pleasure in debate and arguments (with proofs and facts)

I learnt you are very fond of lifting from your authors, have you for one day pondered on why some early christians were killed by your people (christians) for rejecting the doctrine of trinity? Did you say God Jesus never ordered the killing of apostates in the bible? Have found out the situation in philiphine to mention but just one out of many? You have people in Nigeria, please find out from any Nigeria that knows this very popular comparative society called IZHARUL HAQ and let them tell you how their founder Ustaz ADEBOWALE was killed by your people. Also we have encountered lots of assasination attempt from your people when I used to follow them. They have experienced lots of stoning, spraying with bags of satchet just because they wanted to preach the true religion.

Find out about the society I told you about and you hear how your pastors have been realising the truth. If you are not satisfied with the above, find out from members of the GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL abut one of their former pastor called Pastor Mathew Oyewole, he is now the founder of one Islamic comparative Society. He attended many of the so called seminars and bagged awards under the leader then but now demised, Pastor Idahosa (you know that when he died, he secret was revealed on where he got his miraculous power). Its you that has been deceiving yourselves, your pastors know the truth Islam is a religion of proof. Let me stop here to attend to other apologists.

@pataki,

@ Spicie,

I have known you long for your stupidity in attending to issues. You came to Islamic thread only to show your level of ignorance. Here you go again insulting my prophet, deviating from the main topic. I learnt that you and davidylan knew each and maybe attended same school, little wonder for your going same way. There is still another dude here that I havent got his time, he goes by the name Lafile. He is well known for his diatribe. He has posted three rejoinders calling me all sort of names, but he should be rest assured that his time hasnt time, when it comes, babs will surely respond.

You claimed that he cursed christians on his sick bed, can you provide the hadith please. Also if he had cursed christians, why did he allowed them to worship and practise their faith during his time. Also why did 20 christians from NAJRAN accepted Islam after having been satisfied with his response to their questions.

Also, find out about a popular name among the jew during his time. His name is Abdullah Ibn Salam. The jews were surprised when he accepted Islam after asking the prophets 1404 questions on Islam, jewish believe, prophets, creation etc. So the ball is in your court, it is only human beings and jews that were given freedom to do whatever they like but will be accountable for their deeds on that unless those that remember the purpose of creation and keep off from evil.

I wish if Muhammad had made this prayer on his dying bed, maybe the world would have been a better place for lunatics not to go about threatening us with bombs!

You need to find out the origin of terrorism and you will be shocked that you so called christians are also guilty of same. Is God of the OT same as NT, the God of OT that destroyed people just because they didnt listen to him and keep saying he is merciful.

I cannot be decieved!

You are already deceived. You are just like the dry fish that cannot be straightened. Truth stands from falsehood.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

I laugh when I read your lies. It didnt come as a surprise to me. You also lied when you told me there is no Jesus Barabas in the bible. Here you lied again:.

I'm already used to your accusations, and that won't stop me telling the truth. It's not such a bother that when you can't reason, then you go about with your usual accusative slobber that people are lying. Mind you, I'm not the one practising the religion of al-taqiyya; and you can continue demonstrating who follows that religion on the Forum.

babs787:

Did I complain and what have I complained about?

If you had no complaints, what was your whining about in this line:

You brought out threads where Muslims condemned christian

If you failed to understand simple statements, does it make you any wiser or happier to come back with this typically, rascally accusation for what your intelligence was unable to measure up to?

babs787:

Arent you the one that has been shouting that babs has been lifting from thread when its glaring that your sister babyosis has been lifting from same and she might have probably mailed you some sites.

Wait until babyosisi hears reads this second allegation and then confirm if she mailed me anything about any websites.

Besides, it is hilarious to read how you're craftily trying to dribble away from this issue. I neither mentioned babyosisi here; nor made any allusion to your lifting articles from other websites here. In the threads concerned, I mentioned them there, and all you have said so far to all those queries are terse conciliatory statements.

babs787:

Tayod too went to that site lifted their similarities and differences between Jesus and Moses but babs never said anyting and the reason is not far fetched from the fatch that falsehood cannot overcome truth.

The issue here is not about LIFTING articles from websites, so your sob-stories here are just dribbling away from the core of my rejoinder to specie's post. The issues for debunking the idea that Muhammad was not the Prophet of Deut. 18 are still there; and I left a challenge that we should all be able to think for ourselves. To this end, I delineated what I had from my personal study, strongly discharging the otiose idea that some silly criteria as marriage and occupation should stand the test at all. If you're not satisfied, please give me the particular website where I "LIFTED" my article from; or the one you're so convinced that babayosisi mailed me!

The issue here in this thread has not been about plagiarizing articles from websites (which is what you often do). Rather, my challenge to specie was:

"to call her attention to the lopsided view of her having missed the fact that
Muslims
are also guilty of the same thing as she attempted to cast here."

"Guilty of the same thing" in the sense of:

Which one of the following are you assuring us have not been started by
a muslim in order to insult Christianity?

babs787:

Your authors had most of the debate edited. Likewise one pastor Isang that I told you about sometime ago. He brought his own cameraman and had where he bleeped up edited. You should go and find out from Pastor Sonibare of Redeemed Christian Church of God too. You are free to lift from any sites and be rest assured that your allegations will be refuted.

Great to read about your concilatory statement again. However, babs787, I have a brain and can reason for myself - and that's what my posts are all about. Thanks for the offer for lifting articles from websites; what is so repugnant is to dress them here and there and pretend that they are your own!
Re: Respecting Religions by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 04, 2007
babs787:

@stimulus

Did I complain and what have I complained about? Arent you the one that has been shouting that babs has been lifting from thread when its glaring that your sister babyosis has been lifting from same and she might have probably mailed you some sites. Tayod too went to that site lifted their similarities and differences between Jesus and Moses but babs never said anyting and the reason is not far fetched from the fatch that falsehood cannot overcome truth. Your authors had most of the debate edited. Likewise one pastor Isang that I told you about sometime ago. He brought his own cameraman and had where he bleeped up edited. You should go and find out from Pastor Sonibare of Redeemed Christian Church of God too. You are free to lift from any sites and be rest assured that your allegations will be refuted.

@babyosis

The religious threads have resumued, thanks but no thanks to your handshake. Like I keep saying, babs is not interested in any handshake where you go about insulting my faith and my prophet. Babs as been said will respect your faith only if you do so. Nothing moves babs, derives pleasure in debate and arguments (with proofs and facts)

I learnt you are very fond of lifting from your authors, have you for one day pondered on why some early christians were killed by your people (christians) for rejecting the doctrine of trinity? Did you say God Jesus never ordered the killing of apostates in the bible? Have found out the situation in philiphine to mention but just one out of many? You have people in Nigeria, please find out from any Nigeria that knows this very popular comparative society called IZHARUL HAQ and let them tell you how their founder Ustaz ADEBOWALE was killed by your people. Also we have encountered lots of assasination attempt from your people when I used to follow them. They have experienced lots of stoning, spraying with bags of satchet just because they wanted to preach the true religion.

Find out about the society I told you about and you hear how your pastors have been realising the truth. If you are not satisfied with the above, find out from members of the GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL abut one of their former pastor called Pastor Mathew Oyewole, he is now the founder of one Islamic comparative Society. He attended many of the so called seminars and bagged awards under the leader then but now demised, Pastor Idahosa (you know that when he died, he secret was revealed on where he got his miraculous power). Its you that has been deceiving yourselves, your pastors know the truth Islam is a religion of proof. Let me stop here to attend to other apologists.

Babs,you have a problem that no one else can solve but Christ and meds.
That is the problem of being somewhat of a delusional megalomaniac.

I neither have the time to research on your recent stories of pastors who became Muslims nor your unfounded allegations about Bishop Idahosa.

I am more interested on the 6 million muslims yearly in Africa alone who turn away from falsehood unto the saving grace of Christ.
The countless Mullahs and Islamic clerics in Nigeria and beyond who realise that they are in a rot and open up their hearts to the gospel.

I was in Kaduna during a massive crusade in the nineties,uncountable Muslims surrendered to Christ,bringing their charms and amulets to be burned.
This is not a popularity contest,if Islam is not afraid,it should allow open air crusades and Christian TV on Muslim lands and I assure you there would be no Muslims left in no time.
Darkness always gives way to light.

The mere fact that satellite TV brings them in droves to Christ is a testament to his ability to deliver even though many are secret Christians for fear of death but Jesus knows who they are and have written their names in the lamb's book of life.
Anyone is free to leave Christianity,it does not change anything,the gospel has no compulsion and no knife attached to strike off heads.

Your allegations on attempted murders are just that,allegations.
You and I have seen proof of the peace in Islam while allahu akhbar is chanted,
You may derive pleasure from beating around the bush,it doesn't take a Christian to know who the empty vessels on this forum are.
Re: Respecting Religions by stimulus(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

The religious threads have resumued, thanks but no thanks to your handshake.

I suspected it was only a matter of time before this revelation crops up into the open.

babs787:

I learnt you are very fond of lifting from your authors, have you for one day pondered on why some early christians were killed by your people (christians) for rejecting the doctrine of trinity? Did you say God Jesus never ordered the killing of apostates in the bible?

Where did the Lord Jesus Christ order the killing of 'apostates' for converting to other religions as Muhammad ordered Muslims to do? What is Islam so afraid of that it is no loonger secret that Muslims murder not only so-called 'apostates' for leaving Islam altogether; but they can go about murdering non-Muslims under any excuse?

How many Christians have been killed for simply converting from Islam? If Islam has nothing to hide, why are Christians still being persecuted and murdered in Islamic countries like Afghanistan for no other crime than that those people are Christians?

Muslims are tolerated anywhere they go; they have mosques in the Western countries that they refer to as the Shaitan. However, in the Islamic countries of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Christians and Jews do not have the same freedom to practise their faith without threats from Muslims, most of which result in the murder of non-Muslims.

These are the issues that are continually being challenged, and that is why Muslims are only dribbling round with slobber accusations at non-Muslims for the fact that these debates are stripping the facade of Islam. The mask will continually be stripped off; and like it or not, even Muslim observers themselves cannot deny that many Muslims are turning to Jesus Christ for salvation without the threat of the sword.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical / If Jesus Is God... / This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.