Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman (28838 Views)

Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions / My Venture On Europe Route(my Journey To Europe By Road) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by vickayo: 5:09am On May 07, 2019
@Gistvic.com

There's something really happening in Benin City as a Benin mother narrates how both her sons decided to travel to Europe through the desert popularly known a "Ata By Road". Gistvic Reports.

One of the sons is still missing since 2016; he left 3 kids and a wife behind. The other son, well...

Watch Video Below:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/05/benin-woman-narrates-how-her-two-sons.html

2 Shares

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by daddytime(m): 5:19am On May 07, 2019
Hmmm...I am a campaigner against this mode of migration and human trafficking.

But you feel lost and confused so many times especially in a situation as presently faced in the country where you are left with no other choice but to say to yourself " instead of me to seat here and starve to death or watch my family starve to death, I'd rather go trying to get a better life and should I die in the process, I'd be fulfilled to have died trying to get a better life"...

Kill yourself by yourself...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nukilia: 6:01am On May 07, 2019
Nigerian youths are struggling to survive in the country while others try traveling via the desert to better their lives in Europe...

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by ikbnice(m): 6:18am On May 07, 2019
Riskiest of risks
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Auxtin85(m): 6:19am On May 07, 2019
The journey of Libya took me to prison and took an eye from me. It was 10yrs Ago I died and miraculously came back alive. Thank God am alive today to testify.

If my parents were together am not sure I would have gone on that journey, my son always ask me daddy what happened to your eye, I’ll smile and say daddy didn’t listen to grandpa so he got this, you must always listen to me.

203 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by IamD18: 6:53am On May 07, 2019
Whatever you can do now as a man, do it to better the lives of your future kids, so that they won't suffer to the extent of involving in such fvckery.

15 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Hector09(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2019
He is still hustling out there he we surely be back

3 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by BuhariNaWah: 10:27am On May 07, 2019
Benin and uromi people don finish for country.... All of dem dey Europe and Senegal

7 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by anyimontana(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2019
Edo ppl sha..

1 Like

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mayskit4luv(m): 10:29am On May 07, 2019
Ok
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by rawpadgin(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2019
2 years ago, edem my friend told me that he want to follow the desert route to Europe. I advice him against it but he insisted. I told him to call me as soon as he gets there safely.

As i type, edem hasn't called. I pray he is okay cry cry

50 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by booblacain(m): 10:31am On May 07, 2019
Edo and mind. One and the same.

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Uyi168: 10:32am On May 07, 2019
BuhariNaWah:
Benin and uromi people don finish for country.... All of dem dey Europe and Senegal
Senegal Na country..

1 Like

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mmsen: 10:32am On May 07, 2019
Nukilia:
Nigerian youths are struggling to survive in the country while others try traveling via the desert to better their lives in Europe...

There is no better life for them in the desert, or as an illegal immigrant in Europe.

Nigerians must confront their domestic issues. It is odd that millions of people have the same problems caused by the same tiny group of people but do not have the backbone to hold them to account.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by phineas: 10:33am On May 07, 2019
IamD18:
Whatever you can do now as a man, do it to better the lives of your future kids, so that they won't suffer to the extent of involving in such fvckery.

What you can do is pick a carrear path and the time you will spend on the roads to Europe spend it volunteering to gain skills. Pray and then search for a job in that field. You will find

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by ShenTeh(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2019
Who go go no go hear no go.
There are still hundreds listening to and reading this that would still take to that path.

If you have been through this and think it was worth it, please enlighten us.

4 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by ednut1(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2019
My nysc ppa mate did same thing. He was stopped by the italian coast guard and got sent back on the sea. 3 of his boat co passengers died. Nigerians sha

6 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by paix(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2019
I just pray they succeed. Because most of them are missing in action. Especially, between Sudan to Libya and to Morocco.
Crossing the Mediterranean sea is another chapter on its own.

1 Like

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2019
With the rate of poverty in Edo state, I now understand why they have to trek through the desert.

Virtually all families have one/two persons abroad.

My cousin was talking to one whose father is ill to the point of death. Dude is in Spain and was called upon to pay the dad's hospital bill. All he could send was 20k. My cousin began mocking him that if abroad isn't working for him, he should come back, but they would rather die than come back.

I was like, do you guys know what he does for a living there? Make una manage the 20k as e no get. LOL. grin

18 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2019
BuhariNaWah:
yea? Houses and lands must be cheap there, tongue I will buy a whole village, since they cannot see what's in their backyards.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 10:39am On May 07, 2019
Auxtin85:
The journey of Libya took me to prison and took an eye from me. It was 10yrs Ago I died and miraculously came back alive. Thank God am alive today to testify.

If my parents were together am not sure I would have gone on that journey, my son always ask me daddy what happened to your eye, I’ll smile and say daddy didn’t listen to grandpa so he got this, you must always listen to me.
Very sad, I hope you are doing okay now? You learned the brutal way.

5 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by faithfull18(f): 10:40am On May 07, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2019
If only the youth will use the same mind then use go Libya fight buhari and APC govt Nigeria go better for every body

11 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by rusher14: 10:41am On May 07, 2019
mmsen:

There is no better life for them in the desert, or as an illegal immigrant in Europe.

Nigerians must confront their domestic issues. It is odd that millions of people have the same problems caused by the same tiny group of people but do not have the backbone to hold them to account.

You've made a lot of sense.

However, I disagree on the problems being caused by a tiny group.

Take out everybody in power or civil service today and replace them with a completely different set, you'll end up with the same problems.

The average Nigerian needs a reorientation.

Our values are warped and we lack sincerity.

Nobody can change Nigerians except Nigerians.

Until we begin to imbibe logical, scientific and truthful ethos, I'm sorry things would be the same or even worse.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by emmabest2000(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2019
To your tent O’isreal

Your strength of survival depends on u

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2019
Northerns design Nigeria like that. so everybody go live.have you heard of any northern leaving Nigeria if not to mecca !

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Repatriation Of Nigerians Stranded In Russia / 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash / FG Opens East-West Lane On Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.