Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries (15827 Views)

Dangote, Modular Refineries To Pay Naira For Crude / Modular Refineries Can’t Refine Fuel Due To Price Regulation – NNPC / FG To Establish 18 Modular Refineries In Oil-Producing States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by ijustdey: 6:54am On May 07, 2019
.....FG frets as licenses threaten fuel exports projection

By Adeola Yusuf

The projection by the Federal Government that Nigeria would begin fuel export by the end of 2019 is being threatened by imminent failure of 33 modular refinery licensees across the country.These modular refinery licenses, checks by New Telegraph shows, are yet to secure Authority to construct (AtoC) several years after the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) issued them. Concerned by this development, President Muhammadu Buhari has, according to a document of the ministry of Petroleum Resources, ordered issuance of import waiver for 3 of the modular refineries.

Stating that only 10 of 43 refineries licenses had so far secured DPR’s authority to construct (A to C) license, the ministry said; “what government is doing to encourage investors; include issuance of waivers by President Muhammadu Buhari for custom duty to the three modular refineries that are in advanced stages in Rivers, Delta, and Imo states. “It means that all the equipment that will be brought in after being vetted by the government would be brought in for free without payment of custom duty,” the document stated.

“That would save them a good amount depending on the size and complexity of the refinery.” Besides, it noted: “Today, we have about 43 licensed new refineries, both modular and large sized refineries. We have 250,000 barrels licensed refinery that was given to Petrolex. “Another 100,000 barrels license refinery was given to a company in Port Harcourt.

There are many other modular refineries being established, from 1000 to 30000 barrels capacity. “The objective of modular refinery is to ensure that the big capital requirement, which seems to be the major reason why refineries are not established is overcome by building small size refineries.” About 10 of the refineries have, according to the government, been issued authority to construct, meaning that they have already been given a licence to establish, and have been certified by the DPR. “Two of the refineries are almost ready for commissioning any time soon,” Chairman, Federal Government’s zero gas flaring scheme, Mr. Bello Sulaiman, added.

“ One of them in River State is a 10,000- barrel capacity refinery made up of two modules of 5,000 each, and have reached mechanical completion stage. “A 7,000-barrel capacity modular refinery is located in Kwale, in Delta State, others are spread across the states including Imo, Nassarawa, and Lagos. “Refineries cannot be too many in Nigeria. We want to ensure that all our crude is not exported. “We want crude to be refined in Nigeria so that we can take advantage of the total value chain of crude oil conversion.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/05/buhari-orders-import-waivers-for-3-modular-refineries/

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by faithfull18(f): 6:56am On May 07, 2019
OK.
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by FhukaFhuka: 7:13am On May 07, 2019
cheesy
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by LacunaJacuna(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2019
Wailers with bitter hearts will jejelly avoid this thread.Enemies of prosperity indeed.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Nobody: 7:15am On May 07, 2019
Stories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by jimi4us: 7:16am On May 07, 2019
We've been hearing this news for 4 years now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by hisgrace090: 7:17am On May 07, 2019
If greed will allow them to continue with the waiver it will be of help.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Dadurty(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2019
I pray it becomes reality .... really tired of subsidy and importation of fuel .

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by bobolistica(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2019
uwafid...naija matter don tire me jare
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by helinues: 7:21am On May 07, 2019
We need actions not just we will, we shall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Quality20(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2019
won't pdp want to take credit for projects like this? well I hope they don't sabotage or attempt to, cos pdp are hell bent on proving to all that they are d only ones who can successfully govern Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by chinavs9ja(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2019
Nawa oooo

Get your professional website today! Check my signature
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Yahman1(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2019
My People sef don tire for the Matter, plenty people dem no believe we Govt. again many times na so so talk no do, we wan see light, we wan see Food, we wan see Road, we wan see Money, the matter don tire me set.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by SarkinYarki: 7:25am On May 07, 2019
LacunaJacuna:
Wailers with bitter hearts will jejelly avoid this thread.Enemies of prosperity indeed.

later today you will still try to as a so called wailed for a soft loan to make it through the week..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by sammyuche(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2019
Just coming back from the longest ban ever just case i voiced my opinion to someone called ngenekwanu or whatever.. You mods try. NL no dey feed us oo. In case u think it does

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Chukwurah003: 7:27am On May 07, 2019
This is wisdom

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by oluwasegun007(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2019
OK...
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Yahman1(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2019
Baba this thing Neva tire u?
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by AkataYeriYeri: 7:35am On May 07, 2019
Sai baba
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by contigiency(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2019
It's a good one from mr President. meanwhile those other ones who rushed to collect license when they do not have the capacity should go and return it and apologize to the government.

They wanted to do what they did in power sector where the discos were given to people who lack the capacity and with huge sums of money paid to them from taxpayers money. but As God answered our prayers, government moved to the opposition. And here we are, they have nothing to show for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by maxiuc(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2019
refinery in advance stage in IMO state
where exactly if I may ask
Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by Princeps: 7:36am On May 07, 2019
Bet9ja8075:
[color=#770077][/color]See below
Ugly ass motherf*cker!!!

Re: President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries by yuanexchanger: 7:36am On May 07, 2019
policy upon policy with no visible result.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Contemplated Suicide Because Osinbajo, Magu Were After Me – Former AGF, Adoke / Bandits Kidnap 23 People In FCT / Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.