Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,862 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation (409 Views)

Five Reasons Why You'll Lose Money In Ecommerce & Return To Your Village .. / You too can confidently Make $2000 Monthly With Mini Exportation Business / Make Up To 200K Plus With Mini Nylon Production Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by Xamie271(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2019
That's the online business model driving people nuts.

Mini-importation.

Some guru tells you that all you just have to do find winning products on Aliexpress or Alibaba, import it and sell at 10x profits margins.

You do everything exactly as you were taught. You find the 'hottest' products. You display these products on your WhatsApp status and your Facebook timeline.

Day 1, nothing!

Day 2, a few enquiries, then nothing!

Day 3, one sale at 15% profit margin.

You're frustrated. Have you been lied to?

Maybe there's something these gurus aren't saying undecided

How come they make so much money (300%+ profit margin) yet you are struggling to make just one sale.

You've lost so much money already. You're running into debts with products you can't use.

You just want to cash out, maybe you'll salvage what's left of your capital embarassed

I'll tell you what…

The reason why you've not and will not make any money in mini importation is because you do not know how to sell.

Simple!

You think products can talk?

Displaying raw images of what you sell won't make people magically dash you their money.

One particular ingredient that is missing is marketing.

You could have the most valuable product yet won't make a dime, because you haven't sold this product the right way.

How then do you sell effectively?

I hate to break it to you but the fault is from the model itself - mini importation.

The normal mini-importation route you're probably practicing is (1) You scout for "winning" products, (2) you import (3) advertise (4) sell @ HUGE profit margins.

There's a flaw in this model; being that you paid no attention to the people you’re going to sell these product to.

You put them in the equation last and as a result, you end up not making money because:

1. You're selling to wrong market (people).

2. You're not speaking the language of the market.

3. You fail to understand the primary need of the market.

4. You fail to solve the need of the market.

How do you then sell to the right market, with a proper understanding of their needs, while speaking their language so that in buying your products they will have their needs solved?

You tap into the root cause of their problem.

Q. Why will someone buy a body spray?
A. Because it’s deodorant.

Q. Why will they need a deodorant?
A. Because of body odor/ against perspiration/ to feel fresh.

Q. Why do they need to feel that way?
B. To feel more comfortable/ to boost their confidence/ to be more attractive to the opposite sex/ to be perceived as being of high standards.

There. That's what you use in selling that man a body spray.

You see, people aren't interested in just buying products. No.

They are buying the end result of that product. The feeling they derive from the end results actually.

That’s what you should sell to them.

3 Likes

Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by Mikojetty: 2:51pm On May 07, 2019
Nice article, but that your title gives one a bad impression and even your intro. Very good post at the end grin
Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by EazyJ(f): 5:29pm On May 07, 2019
It's very true.
It seems funny when sellers just display pictures without marketing their products. Most times, I'm like "why should I buy your product?"
A little bit of convincing would go a long way in selling.
Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by ponlear(m): 5:33pm On May 07, 2019
It all balls down to finding the right product and having a good selling skill.

Importing a right product is profitable bro
Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by SNOWWORLD(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2019
what's app to get ur CPA affiliate marketing and mini importation guide
Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by SNOWWORLD(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2019
what's app to get ur CPA affiliate marketing and mini importation guide 08072483578
Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by Lagosfinder(m): 9:26pm On May 07, 2019
Even as a realtor i gain knowledge that we helpout

1 Like

Re: Why You'll Never Make Any Money With Mini-importation by Xamie271(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2019
Thank you for all your feedback. I feel encouraged. I'd share more content soon.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Gift Cards To Me Daily @ 270/$ / Learn & Earn From Blogging, Digital Marketing, E-commerce / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.