Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,577 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? (2340 Views)

Twitter IPO Updates / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! / Is Dagote Going To Offer An IPO On Obajana Cement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by RoughCut(m): 7:52am On May 03, 2007
Does anyone know when  the IPO for this company reputed to be the largest in sub-saharan Africa will happen. The promoter is Aliko Dangote and knowing his TRACK record don't want to miss out on this one. Apparaently it is due to be floated on the stock market sometime this year. Any info/tips welcome
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by babalawo(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2007
yea, the IPO should be out late june or early july.i work here in obajana. we offer financial services to the cement factory.there lot of business here tooo
take kai
temitope
oceanic bank obajana branch
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by RoughCut(m): 3:06pm On May 03, 2007
@babalawo cheers means i need to start getting ready. As it happens i just bought into Oceanic IPO which shd be good
cheers
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by gists: 10:27pm On May 03, 2007
@babalawo,

Pls can you give us an idea of how much its going to cost per share and what the number of proposed units on offer.

Rgds
Gists
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by babalawo(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2007
@ gists
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by babalawo(m): 12:51pm On May 04, 2007
@ GISTS
To be frank with u i can say for now the exact pice of the share nor the proposed volume to be sold but am just pretty sure it will go for nothing less than 50naira if not more.even it it goes for that its  will still be an investors delight.u have to be here in obajana to see things for ur self its simple phenomenal
thank u
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by Tmoni(m): 1:13pm On May 04, 2007
getting me interested, would quit money market for this
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by Yes4u(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2007
Hello everybodyl,

I am interested in buying the share. Let me know when its out.

Cheers!
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by gists: 3:17pm On May 04, 2007
babalawo:

@ GISTS
To be frank with u i can say for now the exact pice of the share nor the proposed volume to be sold but am just pretty sure it will go for nothing less than 50naira if not more.even it it goes for that its will still be an investors delight.u have to be here in obajana to see things for your self its simple phenomenal
thank u

Thanks alot. Pls keep the house posted as soon as you have any info that'll be beneficial to all.

Regards
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 3:43pm On May 04, 2007
Sound juicy. Dangote seems to have the midas touch. Count me in.
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by enolase(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2007
Hello.

Please are there arrangements for a private placement in Obajana cement? I am interested.
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by RoughCut(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2007
@enolase

Obajana cement is still a private company as it is not yet listed on the stock exchange so they are not allowed to sell shares therefore no private placements as such. When it lists on the stock exchange by waof IPO which we are all waiting for then you can deal in the shares in the primary market for example IPO or what you call public listing or in the secondary market where u buy and sell from stockbrokers.
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by enolase(m): 12:52pm On May 05, 2007
Rough Cut,

A company does not have to be listed on the Stock Exchange prior to having a private placement.

There are a lot of companies whose shares were given away by private placement that are not even listed yet. Transcorp gave a private placement of =N=3 before it was listed.

Investors with the bucks do not wait for IPOs. They go for the private placements.

So my question is not out of place, OK? smiley
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by gists: 8:08am On May 06, 2007
enolase:

Rough Cut,
A company does not have to be listed on the Stock Exchange prior to having a private placement.
There are a lot of companies whose shares were given away by private placement that are not even listed yet. Transcorp gave a private placement of =N=3 before it was listed.
Investors with the bucks do not wait for IPOs. They go for the private placements.
So my question is not out of place, OK? smiley

Well what I don't know is that is it compulsory for a coy to first issue a Private Placement b4 coming out with IPO. If that's the case I might as well go for the PP (if min amount is within reach, any good guess?).
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by Loads: 9:17am On May 06, 2007
Gists,
All companies do a private placement before IPO but the only thing is the minimum number of shares is usually a lot. I was not aware when transcorp was N3 but I was able to buy it when it was N6. I bought the minimum which was hmmmn I really cant remember but I think I got 200,000. I hope to get to a stage where by I can get PPs only or first IPO.
Re: Obajana Cement IPO When Will It Happen? by gists: 9:27am On May 06, 2007
Thanx Loads
I'm aware it usually cost some fortune to buy PPs. Well, let see how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

GEJ's Reckless Spending Causes Investors To Shun Nigeria’s $500 Million Eurobond / Direct Bank Savers,how Legit Is It Or Is It A Scam....any Testifier? / 15, 20 & 30 Tons Box, and Bucket Body Trucks Needed ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.