Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League (483 Views)

5 Things We Learned From The World Cup So Far / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nobody: 6:18am On May 08, 2019
Having watched the second leg of the Champions League semi finals, some lessons are still being been learned. Below are 5 things we learnt from the Champions League yesterday:

1 Messi Is Not Everything: It has now become visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Messi is not really that great. His hype is built around Barcelona and Nou Camp. This is based on the very fact that matches where he was expected to deliver especially outside Nou Camp, Messi became exposed! Case in hand is Barcelona vs AS Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last season. At Anfield yesterday, Messi just a shadow as usual! Lets not even talk about performance for country. An outright sham. Unlike his competitor CR7 who usually delivers for club and country.

2 Liverpool Are Not Overhyped: Liverpool are a good team and are already great. Though Trophies are important, but there is what is called brand! Klopp has returned the Liverpool brand to what it was before. A formidable force to be reckoned with in Europe. Liverpool are now fun to watch again and there market prices keep on rising daily. Their players are not overhyped at all. They are a group of humble guys seeking for greatness from the scratch. If you doubt me about brand, go and ask AC Milan!

3 Premiership Is Not Behind La Liga: If not for the recent slack in form of Real Madrid, the spanish La Liga has always been about two teams. Barcelona amd Real Madrid. Unlike in England where the underdogs usually beat the top dogs. Case in hand is Wolverhampton against all England big boys. English premiership is still and may remain the league to always watch because of the top notch competition.

4 Messi May not Win Ballon d'Or: The ballon d'or is not built around Messi or C Ronaldo. Football coaches and players decide who wins it. Last week, we saw a thread about Messi being poised to win the Ballon D'or after the champions league victory. What will now happen?

5 Barcelona are still not Effective after 4 seasons: Its been over 4 years Barcelona won a champions league. Barcelona are now with a loss this season in the Champions League and totally knocked out again. This proves their ineffectiveness. This is so because last season against AS Roma, they had a 4-1 advantagr and went ahead to throw it away. This season, they still had a 3-0 advantage and still went ahead to throw it away.

ExcelDeBaron writes from a Poor Estate in Lagos
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Miracle4Sure: 6:35am On May 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nbote(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2019
Lolzzz dis one na Ronaldo fan... Liverpool simply made sure Barca didn't play their passing game...
1. Messi is everything. When he isnt allowed to play Barca look lost and useless. U claim Ronaldo always delivers Abi, where are Juventus? Did dey somehow make it to dis stage or d final?
4. Messi WILL win d Balon Dor. He's d highest goal scorer in La Liga. He's d highest goal scorer in Europe. He's d highest goal scorer in d Champions league. He's being d best player up until dis stage of d Champions league and d La Liga. So tell me exactly why he won't win d FIFA best and Balon'Dor?
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Jokerman(m): 6:39am On May 08, 2019
Nbote:
Lolzzz dis one na Ronaldo fan... Liverpool simply made sure Barca didn't play their passing game... U claim Ronaldo always delivers Abi, where are Juventus?

Oga Ronaldo scored home and away against Ajax
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nobody: 6:46am On May 08, 2019
Nbote:
Lolzzz dis one na Ronaldo fan... Liverpool simply made sure Barca didn't play their passing game... U claim Ronaldo always delivers Abi, where are Juventus?

Am a hardcore Liverpool fan bro. My blood is and will remain red from the rising of the sun to its setting.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by ojun50(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2019
Na so op, yr small estate belike single room abi
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nbote(m): 6:51am On May 08, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Ronaldo scored home and away against Ajax

Lolzzz.. So why did dey not qualify? Dis is an Ajax side dat hasn't played in d Champions league in years and had to play 3 qualifiers to make it to d group stage. Messi scored 2 in d first leg and it suddenly doesn't count abi.. Barca has scored 26goals in dis season champions league.. Messi scored 12 and assisted 3 of those goals but yet he doesn't perform for his side.. U ppl are bunch of hypocritical fanboys
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nbote(m): 6:59am On May 08, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:

Am a hardcore Liverpool fan bro. My blood is and will remain red from the rising of the sun to its setting.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44

Den U shld remember dat Afta d 1st leg everyone from ur coaches to ur players all acknowledged d same thing. Salah and Firmino missing out was a blessing in disguise becos it gave Liverpool more bodies in midfield and dat was where d game was won. They high pressed and made sure Barca didn't get d ball to Messi from d back. Barca were restricted to passing d ball in their own half... Dats how to make sure Messi doesn't get into any game. Valverde didn't help himself wen he decided to start an out of form Countinho in place of Arthur and den take out d only aggression dey had in midfield in Vidal.. Oh and by d way, I exp3cted dis come back. Told some guys in a thread before d game even started yesterday...
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nobody: 9:41am On May 08, 2019
Nbote:

Den U shld remember dat Afta d 1st leg everyone from ur coaches to ur players all acknowledged d same thing. Salah and Firmino missing out was a blessing in disguise becos it gave Liverpool more bodies in midfield and dat was where d game was won. They high pressed and made sure Barca didn't get d ball to Messi from d back. Barca were restricted to passing d ball in their own half... Dats how to make sure Messi doesn't get into any game. Valverde didn't help himself wen he decided to start an out of form Countinho in place of Arthur and den take out d only aggression dey had in midfield in Vidal.. Oh and by d way, I exp3cted dis come back. Told some guys in a thread before d game even started yesterday...

You people lost fair and square. Liverpool is not built around Salah and Firmino.
Re: 5 Things We Are Still Learning From The Champions League by Nbote(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:

You people lost fair and square. Liverpool is not built around Salah and Firmino.

Lolzzz... Where did I imply or mention Barca didn't lose fair and square? Some of U fanboys need to get ur heads out of ur asses and reason logically. I'm neither a Barca fan nor a fan boy. I love soccer and I analyse d game as I see it

(1) (Reply)

Man City Chef 'too Hungover' To Make Pep Breakfast After Clinching EPL Title / 'thank You, Arsenal!' - Chelsea Players Cackle As Giroud Mocks Former Club / Unfair Treatment Of African Teams In World Cup Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.