Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

"Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? (18595 Views)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / How To Read Your Spark Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by lekkie073(m): 7:27am On May 09, 2019
nurey:

Every car engine has a specific spark plug number you are supposed to buy. When you buy original plug not meant for your engine then you will still have issues, sparkplugs is not synonymous to "All sizes fit"

To know your recommended sparkplugs

Most Toyotas and some brands have the specific type when you open the bonnet it would be clearly written on a parchment iridium, chromium etc with the type twin tip, copper plated etc.

You can also remove one of the plugs and read the inscription on it, the replacement should be exact example NGK iridium spark plug k45612

Next is information available from the manufacturer and forums these information are available in owners manual, manufacturer website or specific brand forums which can also give details of other brands of sparkplugs that are alternative to the recommended one

cc microbox
buy original spark plug that go for 1500 per piece
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by cardoso222: 7:29am On May 09, 2019
Go to where they sell tokunbo engine/Belgium engines,,show them the sample
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by LeJeun3: 7:38am On May 09, 2019

Why isn't the question should I buy a used toothbrush or new toothbrush?

5 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by frozen70(f): 7:59am On May 09, 2019
apcdoncastnaija:
plz help, i need plugs for my car but am scared of buying the fake one because of my past experience with Ngk plugs. Tokumbo / belgium or new Plug which one is better to use

Tokunbo remains the best but how sure are you over the Tokunbo stuff

Get a reliable source of getting it

Though you can still get bosch original in Nigeria, be ready to pay the price, Google it
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Aladeope: 8:07am On May 09, 2019
buy new plug from authorised dealer, dont buy from omo igbo shop. am talking from experience, i bought directly from toyota and up till now am enjoying my car.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Hoodbilonia: 8:17am On May 09, 2019
Like my mech wud say
Nor make anyonw convince u to buy new one
Theres diff between 6 and half a dozen
U enter whr akube dey
U no believe

Simple buy tokunbo...monitor am if e fail.
If e nor fail. Go drink beer
If e fail.
Buy new one counr your losses and move on.
Life go tire u. Daz y i ha8 dis damn country
New cars shud be 2m .3m. No.. they are 30m 15m.
While toks dat are 1.5m wud be sold for 4m 5m
Example accidented venza of 1.5 m. U wan sell for 8m
Bastards
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by davillian(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2019
If you can afford a car then how much is spark plugs that you can't buy original ones for your cars.
Nigerians like to cut corners most Nigerians doesn't even know the radiator coolant and now everybody thinks water is what the radiators use.

3 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by tsinzu: 8:44am On May 09, 2019
Tokunbo
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Baadal(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2019
Always having plug issues with my KIA PICANTO.Pls suggest the best plug for the car.Thanks
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Lexusgs430: 9:47am On May 09, 2019
Baadal:
Always having plug issues with my KIA PICANTO.Pls suggest the best plug for the car.Thanks

What year is your picanto + engine size?...

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by agarawu23(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2019
ednut1:
Most of the new ones being sold are chinese knock offs so toks anyday
thats what people don't know. All the sellers will still preach while selling you new scraps and give you confidence. Toks is better until we can get original new ones.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 10:16am On May 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
will you put tokumbor spark plugs in these beautiful cars?

https://www.nairaland.com/5171214/2010-range-rover-lr4-hse

https://www.nairaland.com/5142651/2009-toyota-highlander-front-wheel

Iridium spark plugs are changed every 50,000-100,000 miles, best to get brand new parts

Yes.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 10:17am On May 09, 2019
lekkie073:
buy original spark plug that go for 1500 per piece
That's definitely a fake one

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by olaolaking: 10:41am On May 09, 2019
nurey:

Every car engine has a specific spark plug number you are supposed to buy. When you buy original plug not meant for your engine then you will still have issues, sparkplugs is not synonymous to "All sizes fit"

To know your recommended sparkplugs

Most Toyotas and some brands have the specific type when you open the bonnet it would be clearly written on a parchment iridium, chromium etc with the type twin tip, copper plated etc.

You can also remove one of the plugs and read the inscription on it, the replacement should be exact example NGK iridium spark plug k45612

Next is information available from the manufacturer and forums these information are available in owners manual, manufacturer website or specific brand forums which can also give details of other brands of sparkplugs that are alternative to the recommended one

cc microbox
You did not even attend to the op concern. You just blow grammar and wrote an essay that does not provide the information the op needed

3 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by educhigo: 10:53am On May 09, 2019
ah 15years and you still driving the car,if cars made because of you they will never eat
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:58am On May 09, 2019
But how can a used item be better than new?

If you had said Used ORIGINAL vs New FAKE:

that would be understandable.

You should be asking for tips on how you may secure NEW ORIGINAL plugs failing which you may resort to USED ORIGINAL.

This back and forth is unnecessary.

Strip yourself of this 'Tokunboh' mindset. Because it seems to me that your real concern is affordability of the ORIGINAL NEW plugs.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by babyboy4every1: 12:01pm On May 09, 2019
Can i still use thermostat for a ringed car engine?
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by litaninja(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2019
Lol.
Locate the service manual for your car, locate the proper plug specifications, go to your preferred online store, order your plugs, ship to Nigeria, fit them.

na poverty be "tokunbo"
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by haykay2005: 12:34pm On May 09, 2019
We have not provided answers to the op questions. Where and how can someone get original apart from ordering from Amazon which may take time?
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by nurey(m): 1:04pm On May 09, 2019
olaolaking:
You did not even attend to the op concern. You just blow grammar and wrote an essay that does not provide the information the op needed

A new spark plug is around 3k for original a piece while used is 1k a piece the difference makes no sense to buy used to me also sparkplugs have a time service life

I can't answer the question of buying used or new it is left for the owner to decide which is more economic friendly to them.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by nurey(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2019
haykay2005:
We have not provided answers to the op questions. Where and how can someone get original apart from ordering from Amazon which may take time?

Contact gazzuzz, radautoworks, mayor2013 all on NL car talk they stock OEM plugs
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by drmikeadams(m): 1:39pm On May 09, 2019
grin grin grin nigerians and tokunbo.. from panties to spark plug everthing tokunbo grin grin "panties" still the most useless word in dictionary

2 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 1:47pm On May 09, 2019
nurey:

Contact gazzuzz, radautoworks, cityngr, nurey, kingreign, diportivo, luvinhubby, mayor2013 all on NL car talk they stock OEM plugs
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Rayd502(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2019
Sorry to digress...Do they have tokunbo serpentine belt?I recently changed mine and I ve been experiencing some jerks associated with belt slip.The one I am using is a new one.

Kazeem advised I replace with toks.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by ShenTeh(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2019
Call it poverty or what you like, after my experience experimenting with my money buying different expensive spark plugs against my 'Kazeems: instructions, I now am a proud advocate of tokunbo plugs.

Crazy us, until we have standardized ratio conformism, most new items imported into this country are near-scrap.

Tokunbo plugs all the way.

2 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 2:15pm On May 09, 2019
agarawu23:
thats what people don't know. All the sellers will still preach while selling you new scraps and give you confidence. Toks is better until we can get original new ones.

This is not even a question. Used spark plugs are not at their peak and I can't tell you the number of cars with "engine problems"that have been to the shop because of used spark plugs. Spark plugs are responsible for burning the petrol in the car. They do this by literally thousands of mini-explosions in your car repeatedly. WHY WOULD YOU BUY USED ONES

buy new ones. The cost is not much different and If they turn out to be fake, they will be easier to diagnose and cause a lot less damage. Also NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP BUYING CARS THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO MAINTAIN. STOP BUYING MERCEDES WITH COROLLA BUDGET.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 2:16pm On May 09, 2019
haykay2005:

Hello?

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 2:19pm On May 09, 2019
ShenTeh:
Call it poverty or what you like, after my experience experimenting with my money buying different expensive spark plugs against my 'Kazeems: instructions, I now am a proud advocate of tokunbo plugs.

Crazy us, until we have standardized ratio conformism, most new items imported into this country are near-scrap.

Tokunbo plugs all the way.

Penny wide, pound foolish. Which is cheaper, spark plugs today or engine in less than 100,000 miles?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota / Another Auto Assembly Plant Births In Enugu / Peugeot Unveils N2million Electric Mountain Bicycle With In-frame Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.