Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms (7161 Views)

Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms / Buhari: Disbanding Of SARS First Step To Extensive Police Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by actiondrilling: 6:18am On May 09, 2019
Acting Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Adamu, has formally written to the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, to commend the senate for the unpredicted support he has received from the legislative body since his appointment.

Adamu, in the letter dated April 25, thanked the upper legislative chamber for passing some critical bills to ease the work of the police.

According to him, the legislative support so far received by his office and the police force were commendable and appreciated by the Police generally.

He specifically mentioned the Police Trust Fund bill passed by the Senate and the Police Act (Amendment) bill, which has also been passed by the National Assembly.

Adamu also thanked the Senate for expressly working on the Police Academy Establishment bill, which he said, if passed will help restore the lost primacy of the police.

The letter read in part: “We appreciate in particular your goodwill, trust and support, which led to the passage of the Police Trust Fund Bill, the Police Act (Amendment ) bill and the ongoing speedy consideration of the Police Academy (Establishment ) bill.

“It is noted that the procession of these bills, which are articulated for the administrative and operational efficacy as well as long term capacity development of the police, have been lingering in the National Assembly.

“It is, therefore, a mark of landmark honour that the Senate facilitated the passage of the bills following our recent meeting and appeal to you and the Senate leadership.

“Furthermore, we are deeply appreciative of the concerns of the Senate for the funding inadequacy of the Nigerian Police and the commitment of the Senate to support our operations and reform agenda with the enhancement of our budgetary appropriation.”

The Acting Inspector General of Police had on Tuesday appeared before the Senate, in a closed-door session, the first of its kind in the last three years to brief the Senate about steps being taken to address the myriad of security problems facing the country.

Adamu’s predecessor, Ibrahim Idris, had maintained a hostile relationship with the National Assembly and refused to appear before the lawmakers each time he was invited.

The former IG at a time, dragged the Senate to court, while the Police as an institution also dragged Saraki, Senators Dino Melaye and Ben Murray Bruce to court over alleged assault on some policemen during a protest rally within the precincts of the Force Headquarters, Abuja last November.

The upper chamber of the National Assembly yesterday summoned the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, to brief it on the current state of facilities and healthcare services in the nation’s Teaching hospitals.

This was sequel to the adoption of a motion titled: “Alarming Report on Poor Quality of Services in Nigerian Teaching Hospitals,” moved by Senator David Umaru (Niger East) who expressed concern that most teaching hospitals in the country have been overstretched, “forcing patients to sleep on bare floors, plastic mats and other unhygienic conditions that put them at the risk of contracting other ailments”.

The Senate, therefore, mandated its committee on health to within one week hold an emergency investigative hearing on the state of healthcare services in the nation’s Teaching Hospitals.

It also urged the federal government to urgently adopt short and long term measures “that will holistically address the challenges confronting our Teaching Hospitals and retool them for excellent tertiary healthcare services in the country”.

The Senate also yesterday confirmed the nomination of former Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Tunde Lemo, as Chairman of the board of Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) and Nurudeen Rafindadi as Managing Director.

This was sequel to the adoption of the report of the Senate Committee on FERMA headed by Senator Magnus Abe (Rivers South East) that screened the nominees whose names were forwarded to the Senate last year by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Six executive directors of FERMA whose nominations were also confirmed include Oladapo Kolawole, Buba Abdullahi,Mujaidu Dako, Babagana Aji, Loretta Aniagolu and Shehu Abdullahi

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/05/09/ig-writes-saraki-lauds-senate-for-supporting-police-reforms/?amp

1 Like

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by RemiTinubu(f): 6:30am On May 09, 2019
take it or leave it
saraki is the best senate president since democracy
God bless the perfect gentleman Bukola
you'll rise again far above your enemies

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Donald3d(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2019
Let me break down in very simple terms what Nigeria is.

Nigeria as a country is like giving a contract to a team of bricklayers to build, then you notice different parts of the house keeps falling off, yet you still keep employing the same set of bricklayers over and over again, while your house keeps falling apart.

For Nigeria to move forward as a nation, we all need to change our value system.
The average Nigerian is wired to be greedy and has little or no empathy and would fatten himself at the expense of others.
Some Most people bashing politicians would do same or worse if they are given a shot at the seat of power.

So what is the problem ? - Our value system !

A problem is better resolved if it's taken from the root.

Once we have fixed our value system, the next stage is to stop employing the same bricklayers(politicians) that built a faulty home(country) for us.We need fresh hands, smart minds and most importantly, people with the right value system, people who have feelings for the common man.

As crazy as it sounds, there are many families, somewhere in Nigeria, as I type this who have not eaten for days.

We can all cry and complain online, but if we don't all do our little bits, in our closets, we can not excel as a country.
It's pertinent to understand that, evil can not thrive where good is in abundance. What do I mean ?, the country/leaders are just as bad as MOST of its citizens are.

A drop of poison in an ocean cannot kill the fishes there, but a drop of water in an ocean of poison would yield no positive result.

Why am I saying all this ?. Most people reading this are either parents or would be parents some day.Train your children well, imbibe in them the right value system.Nurture them like they are going to be responsible for a nation one day, because they all would be.

Teach them not to lie, not to steal, to treat other people right.Most importantly lead by example, because children don't follow what you say, they follow what you do.

The little drops from each of us, good or bad, is what would determine our success or failure.

Kindly patronize me, I build professional websites and mobile apps. I also help businesses(services, brands and products) with the right online strategies to ensure their success.My contact details are in my signature.You can also reply this message or send me a private message.

Don't forget to be a kind person, always.
Thank you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Magic1: 6:31am On May 09, 2019
Good job. This guy needs to eat more. I see bone everywhere.

1 Like

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by rusher14: 6:31am On May 09, 2019
Would all this return Saraki to the Senate?
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by 9japrof(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2019
grin grin grin grin

What was saraki' crime?

Because he refused to be a puppet in the hands of the executive and his party "APC"

Buy I don't give a foork about politicians and their wahala because they are all crooks, irrespective of the party, tribe or groups, Parosident Buhari is worse, that nigga is a con man
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by NoBetterNigeria: 6:32am On May 09, 2019
Otoge!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by ArmaniUhuru: 6:32am On May 09, 2019
RemiTinubu:
take it or leave it

Truth.

As for EFCC, them go probe probe probe, the probing go tire them. grin grin

1 Like

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Kendumazy(m): 6:33am On May 09, 2019
OK
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by chriskosherbal(m): 6:34am On May 09, 2019
RemiTinubu:
take it or leave it
hmm word
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Nobody: 6:35am On May 09, 2019
Thank you Saraki! You have proven yourself as a brave and unbowed man beyond reasonable doubt.

4 Likes

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by iammo(m): 6:35am On May 09, 2019
But this IGP is active
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Shikini: 6:37am On May 09, 2019
This IG seems to be relating well with NASS

The mumu transmission the transmitter man was a complete disaster

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by aanuoluwami14(f): 6:42am On May 09, 2019
Let me laugh cheesy cheesy grin grin continue deceiving unaself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by martowskin1(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2019
RemiTinubu:
take it or leave it

I felt I was the only one seeing it that way... Other senate President were ass lickers of the executive,

3 Likes

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by martowskin1(m): 6:55am On May 09, 2019
9japrof:
grin grin grin grin

What was saraki' crime?

Because he refused to be a puppet in the hands of the executive and his party "APC"

Buy I don't give a foork about politicians and their wahala because they are all crooks, irrespective of the party, tribe or groups, Parosident Buhari is worse, that nigga is a con man

Foolish Nigerians thinks the best senate are the ones who answer yes sir to anything from Mr President...

I just dey laugh,... 9th senate we are waiting....
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Chikpat(m): 7:01am On May 09, 2019
RemiTinubu:
take it or leave it

How?
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by PatriotTemidayo: 7:10am On May 09, 2019
rusher14:

Is returning to the house the highest honour in one's life? angry

Shallow pipu everywhere!
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by rusher14: 7:16am On May 09, 2019
PatriotTemidayo:

Is returning to the house the highest honour in one's life? angry

Shallow pipu everywhere!

Saraki did everything within his power to return.

He was roundly rejected by his people.

It was so bad that anyone associated with him became an enemy of Kwara state.

Use your brain.

1 Like

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by searchlight: 7:20am On May 09, 2019
rusher14:
lolssss has buhari returning to aso rock stopped the killing in the north? because youe opinion is inconsequential weda your father likes it or not Saraki has carved a niche in the zoo's national politics for himself and he's the best we've had in his position since the zoo's return to democracy.

1 Like

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Lordknowz: 7:26am On May 09, 2019
martowskin1:

I felt I was the only one seeing it that way... Other senate President were ass lickers of the executive,

Mention some of those senate president cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by Lordknowz: 7:27am On May 09, 2019
searchlight:
lolssss has buhari returning to aso rock stopped the killing in the north? because youe opinion is inconsequential weda your father likes it or not Saraki has carved a niche in the zoo's national politics for himself and he's the best we've had in his position since the zoo's return to democracy.

Asaro. Simple answer yes or no.. Nah him you carry all strength join.
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by martowskin1(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2019
Lordknowz:

Mention some of those senate president cool

Leave me alone am not feeling fine
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by rusher14: 7:33am On May 09, 2019
searchlight:

Which niche?

Saraki is persona non grata in Kwara state whether your mother likes it or not.
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by martowskin1(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2019
rusher14:

Saraki did everything within his power to return.

He was roundly rejected by his people.

It was so bad that anyone associated with him became an enemy of Kwara state.

Use your brain.

We make politics sound like a life time business, u want to serve ur people and they reject you, is no crime, you move on to other things, more over, this dude is a medical doctor

Since he lost the election, he has proven to be so matured in his composure, unlike many we know running their mouth like tap...
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by rusher14: 7:35am On May 09, 2019
martowskin1:

We make politics sound like a life time business, u want to serve ur people and they reject you, is no crime, you move on to other things, more over, this dude is a medical doctor

Since he lost the election, he has proven to be so matured in his composure, unlike many we know running their mouth like tap...

Medical doctor?

Has he ever practised?
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by jaxxy(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2019
Saraki has matured let’s hope he will retrace his steps where he needs to.
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by martowskin1(m): 7:37am On May 09, 2019
rusher14:

Medical doctor?

Has he ever practised?

Why u dey ask me?... And yes he has practiced.... Google will help u, find out
Re: IG Writes Saraki, Lauds Senate For Supporting Police Reforms by rusher14: 7:39am On May 09, 2019
martowskin1:

Why u dey ask me?... And yes he has practiced.... Google will help u, find out

He has never.

Though qualified as one, he's never been able to work as one.

Saraki doesn't have an established vocation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Convention: APC Fails To Begin Sale Of Forms, Aspirants Worry / Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East / Boko Haram Kills 10 In Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.