Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too (24590 Views)

Messi accused of 'disappearing' in big games by PSG legend after UCL exit / Lionel Messi Trolled For His New Looks After UCL Exit (Photo) / Brazil Players Throw Eggs At Phillipe Coutinho To Celebrate 26th Birthday(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by ogbiwa: 6:22am On May 09, 2019
Philippe Coutinho is "not a Barcelona player" and will be the first casualty of their shambolic Champions League exit to Liverpool, while the board are set to meet to decide coach Ernesto Valverde's fate, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources also confirmed that a number of the coaching staff are disappointed with Coutinho's performances this season. The Brazilian is the club's record signing at €160 million but his displays against his former side across both legs of the semifinal strengthened the idea that his time at Camp Nou is up.

"Coutinho is not a Barcelona player, that's been made clear," a club source told ESPN FC.

The ex-Liverpool playmaker started the season well but his form and confidence have fallen off a cliff since an injury in October. He's been unable to re-find his best form since and the source bemoaned that "he has added nothing. He will leave in the summer."

ESPN FC first revealed in March that Barcelona were ready to listen to offers north of €105m for Coutinho and his performances against Liverpool have done nothing to change their plans. He was taken off before the hour mark in both matches, jeered by Barca fans last week and Liverpool supporters on Tuesday.

The Catalan club made a huge effort to sign him but there's now an acknowledgment that things have not worked out.

While the reaction in the heat of the moment has seen Coutinho singled out inside the club, the board, headed by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, will try to deal with the fallout from the Liverpool loss in the coming days in a more cool-headed manner.

Diario Sport called the 4-0 defeat the "biggest embarrassment" in the club's history and Bartomeu says there will be time to reflect on how they recover from a second successive European humiliation. They also surrendered a three-goal lead against Roma last year.

"There will be time for a deep reflection and to give explanations," he said after the game. "There's a Copa del Rey final to play in three weeks [against Valencia on May 25].

"Last year, in Rome, the same thing happened and it's not easy to explain. We will try to do so internally. We have to pick ourselves up and apologise to all the Barcelona supporters."

The board will talk in the coming days and Valverde's future will be up for debate. The former Athletic Bilbao boss has won back-to-back league titles but those who are most critical of him at the club point to the fact this is the second time in a year that Barcelona have chucked away a huge advantage.

However, as suggested by Bartomeu, the board do not want to rush into making a decision. But there will be talks to see if they can respond to a question which they still don't have an obvious answer: who could replace Valverde?

There are not many options available who would be capable of leading the required regeneration. Barcelona's starting XI at Anfield included seven players aged 30 or over.

"We have to see how Valverde deals with this tricky situation," a club source said on Wednesday. "The fans are really upset and disappointed with what happened and on Sunday there's a league game against Getafe. It will be interesting to see how the supporters react."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3846580

5 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by logon599: 6:23am On May 09, 2019
In my opinion I don't think coutinho has done exactly badly, the major reason why he's being singled out everytime he performs a little below par is because of his hefty price tag. If I were him I'll take a pay cut and go to a club like Valencia, Sevilla or Villareal and re-energize my career without the unnecessary spotlight. He's still a very good player nonetheless.

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout the thread on my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by frbona: 6:26am On May 09, 2019
Chris9030:
[color=#770077][/color]see below
stop fooling yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by DATMAT(m): 6:35am On May 09, 2019
Jiji him to Enyimba

6 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by internationalman(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2019
Messi consistency has made every other player a scape goat when they don't perform well in one match...

Best player in Liverpool all in the quest to seek better challenges and win champions league has turned to fringe player..

They said even the worst player can perform very well in Barcelona.. Well what is Coutinho waiting for?

Hazard is next in line for a downfall like this should he ever go to Madrid.

You want to go and win champions league...
Won't you play ball before winning it..
Or will they just hand over the trophy to you because that's what you want without playing for it?

BTW who's is Barca second choice striker..

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Nobody: 6:43am On May 09, 2019
ogbiwa:
Philippe Coutinho is "not a Barcelona player" and will be the first casualty of their shambolic Champions League exit to Liverpool, while the board are set to meet to decide coach Ernesto Valverde's fate, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources also confirmed that a number of the coaching staff are disappointed with Coutinho's performances this season. The Brazilian is the club's record signing at €160 million but his displays against his former side across both legs of the semifinal strengthened the idea that his time at Camp Nou is up.

"Coutinho is not a Barcelona player, that's been made clear," a club source told ESPN FC.

The ex-Liverpool playmaker started the season well but his form and confidence have fallen off a cliff since an injury in October. He's been unable to re-find his best form since and the source bemoaned that "he has added nothing. He will leave in the summer."

ESPN FC first revealed in March that Barcelona were ready to listen to offers north of €105m for Coutinho and his performances against Liverpool have done nothing to change their plans. He was taken off before the hour mark in both matches, jeered by Barca fans last week and Liverpool supporters on Tuesday.

The Catalan club made a huge effort to sign him but there's now an acknowledgment that things have not worked out.

While the reaction in the heat of the moment has seen Coutinho singled out inside the club, the board, headed by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, will try to deal with the fallout from the Liverpool loss in the coming days in a more cool-headed manner.

Diario Sport called the 4-0 defeat the "biggest embarrassment" in the club's history and Bartomeu says there will be time to reflect on how they recover from a second successive European humiliation. They also surrendered a three-goal lead against Roma last year.

"There will be time for a deep reflection and to give explanations," he said after the game. "There's a Copa del Rey final to play in three weeks [against Valencia on May 25].

"Last year, in Rome, the same thing happened and it's not easy to explain. We will try to do so internally. We have to pick ourselves up and apologise to all the Barcelona supporters."

The board will talk in the coming days and Valverde's future will be up for debate. The former Athletic Bilbao boss has won back-to-back league titles but those who are most critical of him at the club point to the fact this is the second time in a year that Barcelona have chucked away a huge advantage.

However, as suggested by Bartomeu, the board do not want to rush into making a decision. But there will be talks to see if they can respond to a question which they still don't have an obvious answer: who could replace Valverde?

There are not many options available who would be capable of leading the required regeneration. Barcelona's starting XI at Anfield included seven players aged 30 or over.

"We have to see how Valverde deals with this tricky situation," a club source said on Wednesday. "The fans are really upset and disappointed with what happened and on Sunday there's a league game against Getafe. It will be interesting to see how the supporters react."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3846580

lalasticlala mynd44

Since my existence as a barca fan,this has been the worst barca coach. A coach with zero tactics... And the worst part is that barca won't still sack him. Whats worst than blewing up a 3-0 advantage in a UCL as coach twice?? And barca board is still contemplating on whether to sack him. Even Wenger wouldn't have thrown away 3-0 advantage.

Mr valverde is the worst coach I have ever seen without a tactics. When the season was abt go start,I told some of my fellow barca fans that it will.be difficult barca winning a UCL under this amateur coach called valverde.why would this idiot of a coach remove the third option he had in attack line when which was coutinho to introduce a midfielder when he knows he needs just a goal to kill off the match? How on earth did this idiot coach never taught of starting the match with 4-4-2 atkeast to keep possession and shut Liverpool down for some mins? Barca should stop politics and employ a coach with a CV not some kinda mid table materials....

Secondly, I have been one person always against still keeping pique in barca. This dude is thr@sh especially when his assistant in CB is bad. Puyol covers this dude for over some seasons and he looked so good before umtiti covered him partly last season. Pique is one hell of a dude that can't withstand d pressure once his partner in defence is having a bad day. I totally criticised the idea of buying left footed defenders only when they were signing defenders without planning for a pique replacement. For those comparing pique to puyol,your just a modern day hypocrite!!!! Pique is absolute thr@sh that's being favoured by barca board cos he is a Spaniard

Again,whosoever that advices barca to still keep Suarez is the main architect if failure in nou camp. The number of times barca won a UCL of late,check the front line, they have always v a front trio that would score as much as 100+ goals in a season. Not scoring just 2 goals in matches and decide to defend.

There is no way only messi can kill himself for the club. Barca GATS plan perfectly well on how to get a CF and a LWF... Dembele is pure sh!t. D earlier the better we realise that.

With this present happenings, barca still had plans to sell rackitic who is their second best midfielder and keep some other sh!ts in the team.... The transfer policy of late sucks. Imagine those days LA masia graduants were always promoted,things v always been fine until.barca went to adopt real Madrid format and start buying some sh!tty players.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by essenceplus: 6:49am On May 09, 2019
Kikikiki

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Nobody: 7:00am On May 09, 2019
internationalman:
Messi consistency has made every other player a scape goat when they don't perform well in one match...

Best player in Liverpool all in the quest to seek better challenges and win champions league has turned to fringe player..

They said even the worst player can perform very well in Barcelona.. Well what is Coutinho waiting for?

Or will they just hand over the trophy to you because that's what you want without playing for it?

Suarez misfires cos he is always sure of having his place. Barca saw this piatek and jokic of a guy and went ahead to sign boateng to replace Suarez. Barca policy is heavily dying under this stupid president. Does alba have a Sub and he was so bad yet allowed to finish the game?

Do barca have a normal coach and he was thinking of defending a 3-0 advantage from first minute??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2019
How can this be the most embarrassing score line for Barcelona when Madrid have beaten them 11 : 1 in the past?

9 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by SouthSouth1914: 11:10am On May 09, 2019
Messi should be sold instead!!
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by iffydave: 11:10am On May 09, 2019
That's cool

Make money uploading and viewing pictures, to register check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by FactBoyz: 11:11am On May 09, 2019
Like for Liverpool
Share for Barcelona

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by BrAkingNews: 11:11am On May 09, 2019
This is another faked news.

The manager denies it here >> https://www.nigerianews.net/continho-is-not-for-sale
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by quincyshakur(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2019
Abeg Barca don fined their lost Goat jus asking shaaa not hating b4 som sad souls will attack me undecided

1 Like

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Torivin(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2019
frbona:
stop fooling yourself
Learn how to Turn Your social media To money making machine with 500 naira only

WhatsApp me 09028308007
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by nephemmy(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2019
coutinho you're very welcome at Manchester United fc. grin. Don't worry you'll make em barca realise what they miss when you're firing for manutd in Europa league.. tongue.. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Foodforthought: 11:13am On May 09, 2019
They threw away their philosophy and became a buying club. They've bought every player...they still remain an average team without Leo. They're the new PSG.
Meanwhile, EPL rules.

11 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by andysmith123(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2019
he left liverpool to win the champions league,kikikikiki,irony of life

15 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Joe009: 11:14am On May 09, 2019
Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice thinking, article is pleasant, thats why i have read it entirely. BOOKING.COMCorporate office
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by nepapole(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2019
xscoffy:

Since my existence as a barca fan,this has been the worst barca coach. A coach with zero tactics... And the worst part is that barca won't still sack him. Whats worst than blewing up a 3-0 advantage in a UCL as coach twice?? And barca board is still contemplating on whether to sack him. Even Wenger wouldn't have thrown away 3-0 advantage.

Mr valverde is the worst coach I have ever seen without a tactics. When the season was abt go start,I told some of my fellow barca fans that it will.be difficult barca winning a UCL under this amateur coach called valverde.why would this idiot of a coach remove the third option he had in attack line when which was coutinho to introduce a midfielder when he knows he needs just a goal to kill off the match? How on earth did this idiot coach never taught of starting the match with 4-4-2 atkeast to keep possession and shut Liverpool down for some mins? Barca should stop politics and employ a coach with a CV not some kinda mid table materials....

Secondly, I have been one person always against still keeping pique in barca. This dude is thr@sh especially when his assistant in CB is bad. Puyol covers this dude for over some seasons and he looked so good before umtiti covered him partly last season. Pique is one hell of a dude that can't withstand d pressure once his partner in defence is having a bad day. I totally criticised the idea of buying left footed defenders only when they were signing defenders without planning for a pique replacement. For those comparing pique to puyol,your just a modern day hypocrite!!!! Pique is absolute thr@sh that's being favoured by barca board cos he is a Spaniard

Again,whosoever that advices barca to still keep Suarez is the main architect if failure in nou camp. The number of times barca won a UCL of late,check the front line, they have always v a front trio that would score as much as 100+ goals in a season. Not scoring just 2 goals in matches and decide to defend.

There is no way only messi can kill himself for the club. Barca GATS plan perfectly well on how to get a CF and a LWF... Dembele is pure sh!t. D earlier the better we realise that.

With this present happenings, barca still had plans to sell rackitic who is their second best midfielder and keep some other sh!ts in the team.... The transfer policy of late sucks. Imagine those days LA masia graduants were always promoted,things v always been fine until.barca went to adopt real Madrid format and start buying some sh!tty players.
Luis Enrique nko.....another useless coach. I prefer valverde sef tho i am not a barca fan
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by Nobody: 11:14am On May 09, 2019
sad
Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by RTSC: 11:14am On May 09, 2019
Chelsea should buy him.
Unfortunately, we have a transfer ban.

Coutinho belongs to the best league - the premier league.

5 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by andysmith123(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Messi should be sold instead!!
he cannot be sold,forget it!

6 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by andrew444(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2019
internationalman:

Chelsea fan spotted ,hazard will go to Madrid and you can't stop him ,you can only hate

Madrid is a better club than Chelsea and will always be a better club than Chelsea

Leave hazard alone ok

Which big player dey Madrid wey go hinder hazard ?
He will be their main man there

3 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by NotBeenPaid: 11:16am On May 09, 2019

Messi is Barca's biggest problem. How can you build a team around one player? Like WTF!!!

Let them take a clue from what happened at Real Madrid after Ronaldo left

11 Likes

Re: Coutinho To Be Sold By Barcelona After UCL Exit, Valverde Fate Uncertain Too by andrew444(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2019
Barcelona should leave countinho alone and sack Ernesto velverde

Coutinho has had some bad games doesn't mean he is not good enough or should be sold ,he should return back playing as a midfielder

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" / Tottenham Shows Interest In Victor Osimhen / Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.