Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia (3852 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! / Lagerback Dumps Nigeria …siasia Is Eagles’ New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by knotty(m): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2010
Amidst calls for Heartland manager Samson Siasia to collect the $20, 000 offered by the Nigeria Football Federation if given the national team manager‘s job, the former Nigeria striker says sacrifice should not come in the negotiations for the job.

Negotiations between Siasia and the NFF broke down after the Bayelsa-born coach demanded for a signing-on fee and a monthly salary of $100,000. But the NFF said they could only offer $20,000, with no signing-on fee.

Siasia told goal.com, ”What do you mean by sacrifice? I‘ve sacrificed a lot for Nigeria. There are different levels of sacrifices. If this issue was personal, with a result expected to be personal, I can do anything for the good of my country.

“But we‘re talking about a very difficult and sensitive job, where you‘re hammered at the slightest blunder. If you accept peanuts, and you‘re hooked along the way unable to deliver what is expected of you because of diminishing means and resources, nobody would look at the reasons why you failed. They would say you‘re an incompetent coach that‘s all.”

He added that the NFF was capable of paying the $100, 000 he demanded.

”Why not? The NFF has done more than that in the past. If they could pay Berti Vogts $50,000 per month and Lars Lagerbäck more than that, why can‘t they pay me well too? They have the money. The fact is we don‘t appreciate our own people. I don‘t know why we blacks are like that.”

The 2005 U-20 World Cup silver medalist said it was wrong for some analysts to say $20,000 monthly salary was okay for him considering Nigeria‘s present standard of living.

”Who talked about $20,000? The only time we, (the NFF and I), discussed, we didn‘t arrive at that. I don‘t know what people are reading in the papers.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100922149934
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Echidime(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
Politicians should sacrifice for nigeria first before coming to football managers,IBB,Atiku,Gusua has refuse to sacrifice till now they still want to poison our nation and you want someone who is coming up to sacrifice,it does not work that way.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by drmoney: 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2010
Pls leave our own Siasia alone oooo.
If he doesn't get the Naija job, nothing spoil.
He will get to coach the Brazilian national team,or better still the spanish national team.
Na today
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by shellicon(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
Our Gov hv failed dis country. They hv d money let them pay him what he demanded. How much is our senator collecting, so siasia merited it cos both our senators & siasia are on national assignment
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Naijapikin(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
The headline (I Can't Sacrifice For Nigeria) is misleading.

Siasia is only been professional.

Yes we all need to sacrifice for this great nation but it should start from the top.

Siasia, I love your professionalism!!!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by bisiaet: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
Politicians should sacrifice for nigeria first before coming to football managers,IBB,Atiku,Gusua has refuse to sacrifice till now they still want to poison our nation and you want someone who is coming up to sacrifice,it does not work that way

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by asunaobi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
I love you so much Siasia! Stick to it. You have done so much for Nigeria compared to our past leaders that have taken Nigeria backwards to jungle lifestyles.

The truth is that you are worth more than lagerbeerback.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Atila1(f): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
useless NFF, if oyibo comes now they'll pay with extra 4 themselves. Siasia, if u like bill them 150000, u're worth it!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
SIAONE!!!  grin tell it to them like it is, after-all what is FESTUS ONIGBINDE still doing as NFF Technical Consultant WTF! he has been around NFF as long as Obasanjo has lived in OTTA. abeg jooo ask for what is due and not what you feel they can pay you, Tommorrow now they will call carlos valderama to coach SE and pay him $100 per week to take us there  grin
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by bigben3: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
Agreed with siasia all the way.Am sure you know your worth
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by SHEAU(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2010
gbam!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by JUO(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
they should pay him like white
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Radiant(f): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2010
Siasia go and sleep! The players don't think you can do a good job so hush! The players know you can't do much with them so stop fuming like you can do any better. Gone are the days, sorry.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by duality(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
are they still begging siasia to coach the SE?? He'd better took that job now b4 express live am. The press is still behind him bt he shuld knw its not 4 ever. If we had a strong leadership in our FA who would take firm decision inspite of varied voices frm d press he would'nt have this luxury. I just hope those who think siasia is the messiah are right.cos in cases like this, d majority are always wrong. Infact the majority was wrong b4 d world cup. For siasia, he shuld take d job and stop d shakara b4 some1 els take it. NO BODY IS INDISPENSABLE.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by duality(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
are they still begging siasia to coach the SE?? He'd better took that job now b4 express live am. The press is still behind him bt he shuld knw its not 4 ever. If we had a strong leadership in our FA who would take firm decision inspite of varied voices frm d press he would'nt have this luxury. I just hope those who think siasia is the messiah are right.cos in cases like this, d majority are always wrong. Infact the majority was wrong b4 d world cup. For siasia, he shuld take d job and stop d shakara b4 some1 els take it. NO BODY IS INDISPENSABLE.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by desgiezd(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
duality:

Do you also know that he is going to employ foreign assistants who would be paid by him. If he takes to your advice, how do you expect him to pay his assistants and also take care of his family?
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Princek12(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
If accepting $20,000 will make him unhappy and thereby affect his performance if he took the job then he is right for not taking the job. If he now accepts that job and is unable to perform, say because he is unhappy at the purported $20,000 salary, then everyone will criticize him for not performing well.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Billsmith: 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
The pay is still ok. He can manage it b4 someone else takes over afterall there is no assurance that he will lead us to the promised land. I hate his shakara
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by zenus(m): 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
Is this man a joker or something?
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by cold(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
Siaone don't touch that money with a 10 metre pole,wtf!$20000 for a job as arduous as managing the SE that's peanuts & siasia knows better than accept it.Sacrifice ma foot
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by yemmight(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
Idont think this guy knows what he wants.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by zylla(m): 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
this country! A country where the senators can' sing the National anthem or recite the pledge. Siasia forget about them, don't compromise your standard.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by degubi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
When he was busy going cap in hand to beg for the youth team to succeed in the Fifa youth Championships was it not enough sacrifice made for the country? The clowns in the FA have the needed funds to pay him well so why should he accept peanuts? There is no need to continue to make sacrifices for a country to one's detriment.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by buzugee(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
siasia needs to go and sit down. take a nap ol man. you are going senile. or is it greedy ?
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by naijaworkz(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2010
Our local coaches must be well paid if we must achieve greatness in football.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by UyiIredia(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
$100,000 >>> na wa oooh !!! shocked shocked
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Radiant(f): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2010
When he won Silver in '05 how much was he paid before and after?

Siasia go and sleep I say! Even if they give you $1m your performance will still be the same 'cause I believe all you do is channeled to maintaining a good rep. You suck man! Sink if you will!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by talima(m): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
one have to set a standard for other, Siasia seem to be doing some wonderful high self-esteem. i love that. when you know what you have you know how to use it
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by eros(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2010
I am so proud of Siasia. He should never compromise on this standard he has set. Nigeria will never respect or appreciate her own. If it were one Sir Alex Ferguson or Murinho, the useless NFF wouldn't hesitate to pay them $200,000 per month.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by manuch(m): 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2010
Do you know capello is on £6.000,000 a year so what is 100,000 dollars all the money the nff members hav bin lining thieir pockets with, 100,000 is peanuts. football is big business.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Rastamann: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
They cannot pay $100,000 to our own person but they can pay millions of dollars to a whiteman and they can also embezzles billions of dollar. I wonder when Nigeria will come out of these curve?
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by buzugee(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
manuch:

Do you know capello is on £6.000,000 a year so what is 100,000 dollars  all the money the nff members hav bin lining thieir pockets with, 100,000 is peanuts. football is big business.
are you seriously comparing england to nigeria ? shocked do you know how much england makes from football merchandise ? in england football is big business. the amount they pay capello is a drop in the ocean compared to the money they take in for profit.

in nigeria football is charity. no money is made from it. anything that will be paid to siasia will be a loss to  the nation. no revenue is generated. how many people in nigeria buy nigerian jerseys ?

maybe if all you nigerians do your part by buying nigerian jerseys, we can afford to pay siasia what he wants. till then, he better take that 20,000 dollars and thank God about it. i see many nigerians with man u jerseys, arsenal jerseys, chelsea jerseys but i have never seen anyone with a nigerian jersey. and you unpatriotic nimrods will be the first ones shouting about how siasia should be paid a million dollars

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerian Footballer Godwin Okpara Sexually Assaulted Me For Two Years / BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game / Victor Moses Mocked By Chelsea Teammates On Bench After Davide Zappacosta’s Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.