Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia (3853 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! / Lagerback Dumps Nigeria …siasia Is Eagles’ New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by ROCKJ1(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2010
Siasia we support you, that job is a dangerous job, so you need dangerous money to cushion the effect.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by bidemi12(m): 2:37am On Sep 23, 2010
he's learning pretty fast. well better late than never.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Ojame(m): 4:46am On Sep 23, 2010
We may not be entitled as yet to compare ourselves with the more successful footballing nations, but we are entitled to set benchmarks and aspire to become a successful footballing nation.
Charity begins at home. The first step is building the foundation, raise awareness, develop from the bottom, encourage[b][/b] home grown talent, provide more than adequate resources (all areas). It will take time so, we must be patient, one step at a time.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by nnajiofo: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2010
The guy worths more than that.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by texazzpete(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2010
I don't understand, what sacrifice did this man make for Nigeria?
As a player, he wa given the honour of representing his country and he was PAID for it. What sacrifice?
As a coach, he was PAID for his job. A job that gave him a wonderful learning opportunity and an opportunity for self-advertisement.

He remains UNTESTED at the senior team level. His club, Heartland FC, were dumped out of the Champions League with him not even being able to manage a home victory. Yet we're supposed to pander to him?

Globacom helped out with Largerback and Vogts salaries, because we felt we needed a lucrative deal to tempt experienced foreigners out of their comfort zone to our country. A Nigerian should have the extra motive of patriotism going for him. If Glo doesn't want to chip in, should the NFF bend over backwards to meet the demands of a coach who has not yet been tested at the senior level, without the extra power of our age cheats behind him?

Nigeria is full of more deserving people that actually SACRIFICE for this nation. Professors of 25 years are earning 200k per month only. Doctors that spend 7 years in training start are poorly paid. Yet here's a celebrity coach (whose coaching achievements center around using overage players to pummel opponents with younger players in junior football tournaments) demanding 15 million naira a month of taxpayers' money just because Globacom were once foolish enough to pay out exhorbitant sums for foreign coaches.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Jaytee67(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2010
This life is give and take! I am of the opinion that Siasia should not be too rigid on his asking price of $100,000. If he fails to take the opportunity, others will grab it and the opportunity may not come his way again. As much as I believe in him, that he is competent to handle the team, he is not the only one out there.
By the way, what magic has he performed with Heartland? I think, he should make hay while the sunshine. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Bentola: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2010
I think NFF or Siasia should let us know the total contract agreement. Training Package, overseas allowances, Coaches' Training & development programms, family allowance (e.g. Children education), accommodation, etc and what is attached to each of these responsibilities.
For instance, if Siasia will benefit from overseas training as National coach, even when he is fired he will still go with his credentilas which is more than money. We cannot just say because we have irresponsible political leadership or even maniac sports administrators, we should then add to the list with greedy National coach.
The Dutch National coach is on the national salary scale like any other civil servant, and many of the coaches are always qeueeing to be called to coach the national team.
I agree with Siasia that Nigeria may not worthy sacrificing for, but try and build into your contract what can bring personal development rather than monetary values.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by GOZILLA(m): 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2010
buzugee:

are you seriously comparing england to nigeria ? shocked do you know how much england makes from football merchandise ? in england football is big business. the amount they pay capello is a drop in the ocean compared to the money they take in for profit.

in nigeria football is charity. no money is made from it. anything that will be paid to siasia will be a loss to  the nation. no revenue is generated. how many people in nigeria buy nigerian jerseys ?

maybe if all you nigerians do your part by buying nigerian jerseys, we can afford to pay siasia what he wants. till then, he better take that 20,000 dollars and thank God about it. i see many nigerians with man u jerseys, arsenal jerseys, chelsea jerseys but i have never seen anyone with a nigerian jersey. and you unpatriotic nimrods will be the first ones shouting about how siasia should be paid a million dollars
GBAM!
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by GOZILLA(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2010
nnajiofo:

The guy worths more than that.
$100,000 IS TOO MUCH!He is untested.His failure with Heartland has dented his image, considering the fact that Heartland IS A SENIOR SIDE!$30 OR $40,000 Is good enough for him.My opinion.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by victorazy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
Am disappointed in u Siasia cuz ur no more patriotic, u play only for morney.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by Pittbaby(f): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2010
Am disappointed in u Siasia cuz your no more patriotic, u play only for morney.

please this is a job, not a one time oppurtunity to play a friendly game for Nigeria. You should be patriotic and go an pick trash from the streets of Lagos for free
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by cold(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2010
Pittbaby:

please this is a job, not a one time oppurtunity to play a friendly game for Nigeria. You should be patriotic and go an pick trash from the streets of Lagos for free
U dey mind dem.Nigerians;always trying to act more catholic than the pope
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by soloqy: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2010
People, he is not even asking for 100k dollars. I am not even sure NFF offered up to 20k dollars. Read where he said when he discussed with them they never even arrived at that amount. And he went on to wonder where people read such news from.

He said Vogts was being paid 50k and Lagerfull, was paid even more. He didnt say he wants more than them (read between the lines).
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by ogbongzky(m): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
Nice one from SiaOne, , Siasia na Jesus? , Sacrifice ko, Sacrifice Nii , hiss**
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by anayoe(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
Why not the Nigerian F.A sacrifice for him after all, he has contributed his own qota to Nigerian football both as a player and now as a coach.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by texazzpete(m): 6:56am On Sep 24, 2010
soloqy:

People, he is not even asking for 100k dollars. I am not even sure NFF offered up to 20k dollars. Read where he said when he discussed with them they never even arrived at that amount. And he went on to wonder where people read such news from.

He said Vogts was being paid 50k and Lagerfull, was paid even more. He didnt say he wants more than them (read between the lines).

Read the bloody article. It states he asked for $100,000.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by soloqy: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2010
texazzpete:

Read the bloody article. It states he asked for $100,000.

My bad. There was another story making the rounds that he didnt demand that amount. I assumed its the same thing and didnt bother to read.
Am the goat head now, I know. grin

In that case, I think Siasia is being unnecessarily headstrong. I know he is good but come on.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by candylips(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2010
he is not serious
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by enomakos(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
this country make me sick
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by otokx(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
Please nobody should sacrifice for Nigeria.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia by tck2000(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerian Footballer Godwin Okpara Sexually Assaulted Me For Two Years / BBC Disrespects Nigeria And Blessing Okagbare At Commonwealth Game / Meet The 30 Years Old Footballer Who Lost His Mother 6 Years Before He Was Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.