Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7489 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
i wonder when you are going tell ikpeasu to chose anambra man loyalist let alone yoruba or hausa.

Ikpeasu is not the leader of igbos na

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 10:57am On May 09, 2019
afroniger:

As good-intention as your suggestions appear, I don't think it can work. Igbos appear uninterested in the presidency. That's just the fact of the matter. The battle for who will succeed Buhari has already began in earnest. And while the SW and much of the North are already asserting their interest in the plum seat, the SE seems to have already resigned to occupying the VP position to a Northern president come 2023; all you hear from them is Kwankwaso/Obi or Tambuwal/Obi 2023. As in... Yorubas cannot be 'more catholic than the pope' in this case, by championing an igbo presidency when the igbos themselves have settled for VP. Who does that?? Igbos need to show more assertiveness and ambition toward the 2023 presidency, maybe then others would key into it and coalition talks can begin. But to expect Yorubas to offer igbos the presidency on a silver platter is foolhardy at best. Nobody does that. Even when OBJ was running in both 1999 and 2003, Northerners as well as other Southerners threw their hats into the ring to compete against him for the seat.

Since they understand that if they come out, you will blackmail them with Biafra tales, they will rather start gradual with the position of a VP.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by NinjaMetahuman: 10:58am On May 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

Ikpeasu is not the leader of igbos na

and who appointed tinubu the leader of yoruba?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2019
afroniger:

Before this can even happen, igbos need to discard their rabid hatred for APC as a party. As it stands, even if your suggestion were to come to fruition, I seriously doubt that Igbos jn general would vote for an igbo APC presidential candidate. Their disdain for the party seems insurmountable. They would rather vote for a PDP Hausa/Fulani with an Igbo VP than an Igbo APC candidate. undecided

West hated OBJ/PDP in 1999 and he still won thats no excuse ...there are igbo apc loyalist ....so ur argument hold no water
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 10:59am On May 09, 2019
simplycarro:

This is a typical Ibo that has lived all his life in the east

No! What he said is true. If the North hasn't threatened to sideline West by 2023, Yorubas wouldn't have need for Igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2019
ChristianNorth:

You can never match Igbo political pedigree since pre-independence. SE/SS gave OBJ to platform to become president and against your wish, we forced him down you throats.

In 2003 when the North mounted serious challenge, it was SE/SS than banded together with the SW to get him returned. Without SE/SS, OBJ 2003 won't have happened.

When we and SS presented GEJ in 2015, why didn't you guys field a SW against him but pushed out a northern candidate?

In 2015, SW gave Buhari a marginal win of 580k votes while Anambra alone gave 640k, just last election you gave 265k while Anambra gave 500k+.

So how you take annihilate SE? With your 7.5% contribution to Buhari's win margin?

Out of PDP's 16 years, South did 13 while North did 3. We are supporting a Northern candidate and after that, then field Tinubu against Peter Obi let see who plays better politics.
Let the East trust the North at their own peril.
The North is more comfortable with the West than the East any day. The North fear the East may retaliate if given power. Until you can find a Muslim Igbo presidential candidate, forget the North.

Why don't we repair the broken bridge between the East and The West. On deep analysis, it's just a case of inter-tribal jealousy at play.

4 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
and who appointed tinubu the leader of yoruba?
As long as apc is he is the leader and u know that
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:01am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

But it is a first step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, it means that as long as Nigeria is a Nation, you will only get crumbs after the North has taken their full share and that is if you are lucky to still have any remaining.

But, what is wrong with forgiveness and togetherness in aspiring for greatness?

Brother... You sound great, but I think this may be coming to late.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I couldn't help but laugh at this.
Anything for peace will do.

But I think the Igbos will know better who is credible to lead us in the nation

Its not about credebility here

Igbos dont really care about politics....just only standing up because of how the SW has treated us ....and the insult

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2019
Turantula:

Hello, Igbos are not foolish. No yoruba man will vote for Igbo including you. This we know and SE+SS votes will not be enough to win presidential election.
Several Westerners will vote for a credible Easterner. Mohalu was my guy. I was surprised that even the east didn't vote for him.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:02am On May 09, 2019
etrouble:
Get this nonsense out of here. Yorubas will never ever be in coalition with kidnappers, drug pushers, armed robbers, human traffickers and baby factory operators. Let Igbos put their candidats forward, we will meet at the polls.

But as we all know, Igbos will never be bold enough to contest against Yorubas, instead they will put a Hausa presidential candidate forward and be his deputy. They are just chest beaters. So, let Igbos put their Northern presidential candidate and Igbo VP forward, we shall meet at the polls.

We disgraced Igbos in 2015. We humiliated Igbos in 2019. In 2023, we shall incapacitate and totally dehumanise them. we shall teach them politics under different headings.

POL 101 : Introduction to politics without bitterness and hatred.
POL 102: Alignment and coalition in modern day politics
POL 103 : Managing post election loss trauma

You're right, that's the reason why you be vying against the North by 2023.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by goodnessme1(f): 11:03am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Freedom is impossible like this.

Freedom comes after you realize how valuable you are and can convince others about it. On the day the East and the West unite, freedom is at sight.

Let the Igbos stop being satisfied with eating crumbs from the Northern oligarchy!
Those that are satisfied for eating crumbs from northern oligarchy are you yorubas,

you people dont care about how the country is moving,provided the president or the vp is from your region.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:04am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

You're sincere, but what of your brothers who doesn't see anything wrong in supporting anything, but an Igbo man?
The Question I still ask myself is how we got ourselves into this message. Was it the civil war? Or it's just plain rivalry and jealousy of each other
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by NinjaMetahuman: 11:04am On May 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

As long as apc is he is the leader and u know that
perhaps we should ask secondus to appoint all yorubas as his PA then. or may be namadi kanu should put his security in yoruba loyalist hand or next director of his p0rn video to foster unity..

undecided
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:05am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

The North is more comfortable with the West than the East any day. The North fear the East may retaliate if given power. Until you can find a Muslim Igbo presidential candidate, forget the North.

Why don't we repair the broken bridge between the East and The West. On deep analysis, it's just a case of inter-tribal jealousy at play.

Igbos aren't overly interested in the Presidency, but they feel insulted by the Yorubas.

8 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nobody: 11:06am On May 09, 2019
Lolzzzzzz in kiwswahili.....
East west mending fences...
is likee u have been sent by ooni of ife to continue on his fruitless effort.
bullet doesn't hit someone two times before the personn gets sense.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:07am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

The Question I still ask myself is how we got ourselves into this message. Was it the civil war? Or it's just plain rivalry and jealousy of each other

It all started during and after the Civil War.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2019
gidgiddy:

Sorry bro but Nigeria is no nation. Its everybody for himself just like when Lugard brought all of us together in 1914. The only difference is that while Yorubas turn a blind eye to reality. We Igbos have been trying to get out of the nightmare called Nigeria for a long time.
If there was a mistake of the past, must their children continue a senseless fight to their annihilation?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by goodnessme1(f): 11:10am On May 09, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
says the unity beggar.

Hausa/fulani/North : igbos leave our land

Igbos:
Are you sure you are not mad?

Yorubas and Igbos who are the unity beggars.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by bluke(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Towards Igbo-Yoruba Unity and Coalition

I am honestly dismayed by the apparent display of gross "self-centredness" and "myopicness" of Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland.

The only thing I know is wrong with these two tribes is the Rivalry of who is the greatest tribe between. Both tribes claim sound Education, Intelligence, Commerce, Industry, Exposure and Ability unfortunately, the game of division is making the two tribes "Stupidly Foolish".

The Hausa/Fulani seem to understand this division and hence use it to their own advantage even though they are considered as inferior. They have even come out boldly to announce that 2023 still belong to them and by all common sense, they are correct.

Why can't the Igbos and Yorubas unite for once? In 2023, Tinubu or Oshinbajo would want to be President. A minimum of 27 Igbo politicians would want to be President. The East and West votes would be fragmented. The North usually vote in a block. I think you can see the obvious answer.

My submission.
1. Let the Yorubas forget the presidency for 2023 but let the Igbos nominate about 6-8 candidates for the West to choose whom to support amongst them.
2. Let the East support whoever of the lot the West adopt.
3. Finally, let the coalition work upon the Middle belt and the Minorities in the North.

I honestly think that its high time we had an Igbo president for the progress of this country.
Nothing else will work except this coalition is made to work. Peace.
What do you think?

NB:
If you read this and you are still bent on East-West division, your bigotry, myopicness and stupidity is without cure!

ethinc sugestion.
we go operation cobra dance.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by simplycarro: 11:12am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

[s]No! What he said is true. If the North hasn't threatened to sideline West by 2023, Yorubas wouldn't have need for Igbos[/s].

You are completely wrong, the North can’t threaten the SW, it’s only the SE that they find it very convenient to threaten at any point in time. They can’t even threat the Ijaws the way they threatens Ibos at any slightest provocation.

They were even bold enough to issue you a quit notice to leave a part of your own country!! Only Ibos can take such

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by afroniger: 11:13am On May 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

West hated OBJ/PDP in 1999 and he still won thats no excuse ...there are igbo apc loyalist ....so ur argument hold no water

Stop comparing apples and oranges dude. In 1999 Yorubas presented their own candidate in the person of Olu Falae, while OBJ was the candidate of the 'establisment'/ruling elite. In that instance Yorubas demonstrated in clear terms that they wanted the presidency after losing out earlier over the June 12 issue, hence the two major contenders were both Yorubas, unlike the igbos of today who would rather be paired with a Northerner in 2023 than boldly present their own candidates. You must be naive to expect Yorubas to be at the forefront of Igbo agitation for the presidency. Yorubas will not fight your battles for you bro. Your people should show more ambition towards the presidency then maybe they will be taken seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

No! What he said is true. If the North hasn't threatened to sideline West by 2023, Yorubas wouldn't have need for Igbos.
I guess you are not into news
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by goodnessme1(f): 11:14am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

let everybody carry his own cross,

We Igbos dont care about bridge with yorubas.

Trust yoruba man at your peril.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by simplycarro: 11:14am On May 09, 2019
gidgiddy:

Theres no tribe in Nigeria called "Ibo"

Stop being stupid and cure your ignorance. I can call you any variant of the following

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Brother... You sound great, but I think this may be coming to late.
If there is time and life, Nothing is too late
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 11:16am On May 09, 2019
simplycarro:

This is a typical Ibo that has lived all his life in the east
Yet he states the painful reality...

Let me put things in perspective for you with a personal experience.
My closest friends while in both primary and secondary school were Yorubas. I'll skip the experience from primary school as childish attitudes but my bossom friend in secondary school, I recall that we always had issues consistently, most times we don't speak to each other (or rather, he doesn't speak to me) for days...

Reason: Class performance

I am the kind of person who brags about my friend's achievements to others and sing their praises to high heavens, he doesn't neglect any opportunity to rub it in my face that he is "better than me".

Is he better than me? Not necessarily important to me at the time. Did I feel bad? Nope, I laughed it off as normal yabbings...

But at any instant I outperform him, fiam! I become his enemy. I heard he badmouthed me on several occasions...yet when his head cools I just forgive him and act like nothing happened. I was that naive, he's my best friend nah. embarassed

Fast-forward to all my other experiences later on even down to the office, when it comes to sabotage, green (as in the raw) envy and conspiracy, the Yorubas are second to none.

I had a clash with an old colleague (yet another Yoruba) at work one time. The person came to me to discuss an issue and how we ought to address it, know fully well that I don't shy away from taking a stand on what I feel strongly about. After the whole discussion and gingering, time to deliver, paddy faded into the background waiting for me to stick my neck and take the fall. Out of disgust I called out the person there and then and lambasted the person. After the meeting I received several personal mails saying I shouldn't have done what I did, I should have just covered up... I laughed.

Guess what, all the senders were Yorubas... the only other mail from a colleague from the middle belt said "Guy you dey vex o, buh I like wetin you do. See that XYZ wan set you up sha. Just be careful of those people"

By "those people" I'm sure you know what was meant.

A company I worked in started doing promotion by transfer because of several reports of gang up and sabotage in their office in Ibadan. Once someone is interested in your position and you're not from their ethnicity, they either sabotage you for sack or if there's real bad blood, you'll be poisoned.

What am I saying in essence?
Igbos and Yorubas can NEVER align, there's just no basis for it. Worst still, trust is not in their code of ethics. They betray you and think they're wise.

These days I am wary of deeply associating with Yorubas...I have a lot of them as acquaintances but it ends there. Only a few have proved themselves to some extent. I have no apologies to that.

PS: I was born and brought up in the west so I know what I'm talking about.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Igbos aren't overly interested in the Presidency, but they feel insulted by the Yorubas.
Why don't us who claim educated and intellectual solve the problem?
Should we continue in our self destruction?

If USA can settle their beef with Japan and Germany: what do you think we should also do for a greater future
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Lolzzzzzz in kiwswahili.....

East west mending fences...

is likee u have been sent by ooni of ife to continue on his fruitless effort.

bullet doesn't hit someone two times before the personn gets sense.
Must we fight to self destruction and annihilation before we learn.

The principle of war: Sun Sui
Don't let emotion be entertained in warfare.

But emotion is what I see playing out here
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by EvilMetahuman: 11:24am On May 09, 2019
goodnessme1:
Are you sure you are not mad?

Yorubas and Igbos who are the unity beggars.
yoruba didn't claim they want freedom yet beg for unity.

That post is strictly for flat heads cheesy
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by goodnessme1(f): 11:27am On May 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
yoruba didn't claim they want freedom yet beg for unity.

That post is strictly for flat heads cheesy
i shouldn't have reply you because.......

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

Its not about credebility here

Igbos dont really care about politics....just only standing up because of how the SW has treated us ....and the insult
Your enemy isn't the West on deep analysis.

The point is that even before the civil war, their had been deep suspicion about each other. The West had traded with the North for a long time but not much activity had taken place in terms of trade between the west and the east.

But must we continue the bad blood?
Who will gain from it and who will loose?

Is there not intelligence to be applied in solving the problem. Are we both so daft?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alleged N12.2bn Fraud: Patience Jonathan Knows Fate June 27 / Bayelsa Assembly Insists On Pension For Lawmakers / Is Obi Cubana Supporting ESN? See The Sophisticated Guns Found At His Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.