Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7484 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2019
goodnessme1:
let everybody carry his own cross,

We Igbos dont care about bridge with yorubas.

Trust yoruba man at your peril.
So, you'll rather be a third fiddle in governance in Nigeria?

If you have complained about marginalisation in Nigeria, then you are part of the problem!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:30am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Why don't us who claim educated and intellectual solve the problem?
Should we continue in our self destruction?

If USA can settle their beef with Japan and Germany: what do you think we should also do for a greater future

Like I've always said, you sound great. You can't be seeking peace and be insulting me at the same time. Tinubu called Igbos during this last election Omo Okolo and Oba of Lagos said some few stuffs very degrading. Those actions has made the Igbos to see election as a challenge.

Igbos are too busy to leave there businesses and stand 3 hours in the name of getting a voter card ask anybody from the East.

I've never seen an Igbo man in the East, plan or fight a Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2019
bluke:

ethinc sugestion.
we go operation cobra dance.
What do you mean?

Shouldn't we end this self destructive feud?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:33am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

If there is time and life, Nothing is too late

Let me surprise you, Igbos won't want to make any form of peace with the Yorubas, simply because they feel that Yorubas want peace because they're sensing that they will loose out on direct confrontation with the North at the poll.

And so... They suddenly needs them now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 11:33am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Towards Igbo-Yoruba Unity and Coalition

I am honestly dismayed by the apparent display of gross "self-centredness" and "myopicness" of Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland.

The only thing I know is wrong with these two tribes is the Rivalry of who is the greatest tribe between. Both tribes claim sound Education, Intelligence, Commerce, Industry, Exposure and Ability unfortunately, the game of division is making the two tribes "Stupidly Foolish".
I disagree with this statement. What we are experiencing now is that a well packaged propaganda and exaggerations previously sold to us are being punctured all round since the dawn of the internet. Yorubas made the rest of us believe they are all that, now it is becoming clearer by the day.

The Hausa/Fulani seem to understand this division and hence use it to their own advantage even though they are considered as inferior. They have even come out boldly to announce that 2023 still belong to them and by all common sense, they are correct.
They are the real political geniuses.

Why can't the Igbos and Yorubas unite for once? In 2023, Tinubu or Oshinbajo would want to be President. A minimum of 27 Igbo politicians would want to be President. The East and West votes would be fragmented. The North usually vote in a block. I think you can see the obvious answer.

My submission.
1. Let the Yorubas forget the presidency for 2023 but let the Igbos nominate about 6-8 candidates for the West to choose whom to support amongst them.
2. Let the East support whoever of the lot the West adopt.
3. Finally, let the coalition work upon the Middle belt and the Minorities in the North.

I honestly think that its high time we had an Igbo president for the progress of this country.
Nothing else will work except this coalition is made to work. Peace.
What do you think?

NB:
If you read this and you are still bent on East-West division, your bigotry, myopicness and stupidity is without cure!

The question is, Is Nigeria workable?
It is not about who becomes president but overhauling the system. When the system is functional, it makes an incompetent person look good, if a system is dysfunctional, even a genius will be rubbished.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:35am On May 09, 2019
simplycarro:

You are completely, the North can’t threaten the SW, it’s only the SE that they find it very convenient to threaten at any point in time. They can’t even threat the Ijaws the way they threatens Ibos at any slightest provocation.

They were even bold enough to issue you a quit notice to leave a part of your own country!! Only Ibos can take such

I don't need to trade words with you. But the only tribe everyone is scared of.... Fill in the gap.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:36am On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Yet he states the painful reality...

Let me put things in perspective for you with a personal experience.
My closest friends while in both primary and secondary school were Yorubas. I'll skip the experience from primary school as childish attitudes but my bossom friend in secondary school, I recall that we always had issues consistently, most times we don't speak to each other (or rather, he doesn't speak to me) for days...

Reason: Class performance

I am the kind of person who brags about my friend's achievements to others and sing their praises to high heavens, he doesn't neglect any opportunity to rub it in my face that he is "better than me".

Is he better than me? Not necessarily important to me at the time. Did I feel bad? Nope, I laughed it off as normal yabbings...

But at any instant I outperform him, fiam! I become his enemy. I heard he badmouthed me on several occasions...yet when his head cools I just forgive him and act like nothing happened. I was that naive, he's my best friend nah. embarassed

Fast-forward to all my other experiences later on even down to the office, when it comes to sabotage, green (as in the raw) envy and conspiracy, the Yorubas are second to none.

I had a clash with an old colleague (yet another Yoruba) at work one time. The person came to me to discuss an issue and how we ought to address it, know fully well that I don't shy away from taking a stand on what I feel strongly about. After the whole discussion and gingering, time to deliver, paddy faded into the background waiting for me to stick my neck and take the fall. Out of disgust I called out the person there and then and lambasted the person. After the meeting I received several personal mails saying I shouldn't have done what I did, I should have just covered up... I laughed.

Guess what, all the senders were Yorubas... the only other mail from a colleague from the middle belt said "Guy you dey vex o, buh I like wetin you do. See that XYZ wan set you up sha. Just be careful of those people"

By "those people" I'm sure you know what was meant.

A company I worked in started doing promotion by transfer because of several reports of gang up and sabotage in their office in Ibadan. Once someone is interested in your position and you're not from their ethnicity, they either sabotage you for sack or if there's real bad blood, you'll be poisoned.

What am I saying in essence?
Igbos and Yorubas can NEVER align, there's just no basis for it. Worst still, trust is not in their code of ethics. They betray you and think they're wise.

These days I am wary of deeply associating with Yorubas...I have a lot of them as acquaintances but it ends there. Only a few have proved themselves to some extent. I have no apologies to that.

PS: I was born and brought up in the west so I know what I'm talking about.

One of my best Friends is Igbo (Noble Alu). Don't generalize with a few unfortunate experience. In every part of the country, you have evil people.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by simplycarro: 11:37am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

I don't need to trade words with you. But the only tribe everyone is scared of.... Fill in the gap.

Chop your L grin
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by BuhariAdvocate: 11:40am On May 09, 2019
Useless talk.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Like I've always said, you sound great. You can't be seeking peace and be insulting me at the same time. Tinubu called Igbos during this last election Omo Okolo and Oba of Lagos said some few stuffs very degrading. Those actions has made the Igbos to see election as a challenge.

Igbos are too busy to leave there businesses and stand 3 hours in the name of getting a voter card ask anybody from the East.

I am so sorry it looks like I am insulting you.
I see us fighting like women: emotion is ruling us!

What are we gaining from our current fight?
Where would it lead us?
Can we arrest it before it consumes us?

Those are the questions I want us to be asking
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2019
Hello
kernel01:

Where would it lead us?

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 11:47am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Let me surprise you, Igbos won't want to make any form of peace with the Yorubas, simply because they feel that Yorubas want peace because they're sensing that they will loose out on direct confrontation with the North at the poll.

And so... They suddenly needs them now.
I understand their fears!

Unfortunately, it's difficult generalising about what the Yoruba want or What the Igbos want because there isn't a unanimous position about anything from both the East and the West.

But, even then. If Yoruba support the Igbos for 2023 presidency, who has more to gain?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:48am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Hello

Where would it lead us?

I'm seriously indifferent. Though... Live I don't have issues with Yorubas.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 11:52am On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

And you made it look like you guys aren't guilty of same, aren't you guys the only tribe in Nigeria calling Lagos a no man's land, do you expect us to laugh at that... Don't you guys abuse the yoruba's also... Most of you feel good talking about what is going on in the west, forgetting what's going on in your region... It works both ways so don't make it look like one group is bad... Most of you guys I've met online are so hateful and see nothing good in others, only trying to build your ego with fallacies and twisted stories...(probably nairaland bigots)

2 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 11:52am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

One of my best Friends is Igbo (Noble Alu). Don't generalize with a few unfortunate experience. In every part of the country, you have evil people.
True, yet some things cannot be ignored. Every tribe have their basic programming. My tribe is considered domineering because we are goal-oriented and try to impact our immediate environment instead of vice versa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 11:55am On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Why don't us who claim educated and intellectual solve the problem?
Should we continue in our self destruction?

If USA can settle their beef with Japan and Germany: what do you think we should also do for a greater future

Today... Igbos don't bear animosity against the people of South South, we voted there son in love, irrespective of their position during and after the Civil War. They both tribes are good.

You can see how they helped Ekweremadu to become the Senate deputy, without them it wouldn't be possible. There's a need for mutual understanding.

Secondly, we have different ideology when it comes to politics. We can't be taking command from anybody, Yorubas believes they must be a Supreme leader, we don't. We prefer consensus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 11:58am On May 09, 2019
Firstly, Tinubu never declared any where of having interest in 2023 presidency.

Secondly, please enough of all this unity begging. There will always be competition btw humans, party, buusines, religion e.t.c

Thirdly, Igbo presidency is not yet ripe. May be in 10 years + ( That's the fact).

He who poured water on ground must match wet ground.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

I disagree with this statement. What we are experiencing now is that a well packaged propaganda and exaggerations previously sold to us are being punctured all round since the dawn of the internet. Yorubas made the rest of us believe they are all that, now it is becoming clearer by the day.

It is not about who becomes president but overhauling the system. When the system is functional, it makes an incompetent person look good, if a system is dysfunctional, even a genius will be rubbished.
Unfortunately, Tinubu, Obasanjo or Oshinbajo do not represent the Yoruba race. The Yorubas are more political independent than you think. That's why votes are not usually homogeneous. If Obasanjo a Yoruba man could be rejected by the Yorubas for being pro North among others how much more people like Tinubu?

I agree with you. The Northern elite are more politically matured than both the East and the Western political leadership. They play on our division to rule over us and they have been succeeding. They even keep their people uneducated and poor so as to be able to use them as a tool against the rest of us.

The problem is that, should the status quo remain?

When leadership isn't about Wisdom and Direction to lead towards greatness should such be made out head? If massive oil deposit bis found in the North, all this problem would not exist. They would have declared Usman Dan Fodio Republic before you say jack!

Is Nigeria workable?
I say yes!
But as a confederacy!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
Hi
Donelli:

Unfortunately, Tinubu, Obasanjo or Oshinbajo do not represent the Yoruba race. The Yorubas are more political independent than you think. That's why votes are not usually homogeneous. If Obasanjo a Yoruba man could be rejected by the Yorubas for being pro North among others how much more people like Tinubu?

I agree with you. The Northern elite are more politically matured than both the East and the Western political leadership. They play on our division to rule over us and they have been succeeding. They even keep their people uneducated and poor so as to be able to use them as a tool against the rest of us.

When leadership isn't about Wisdom and Direction to lead towards greatness should such be made out head? If massive oil deposit bis found in the North, all this problem would not exist. They would have declared Usman Dan Fodio Republic before you say jack!

Is Nigeria workable?
I say yes!
But as a confederacy!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 12:05pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

And you made it look like you guys aren't guilty of same, aren't you guys the only tribe in Nigeria calling Lagos a no man's land, do you expect us to laugh at that... Don't you guys abuse the yoruba's also... Most of you feel good talking about what is going on in the west, forgetting what's going on in your region... It works both ways so don't make it look like one group is bad... Most of you guys I've met online are so hateful and see nothing good in others, only trying to build your ego with fallacies and twisted stories...(probably nairaland bigots)

When I see maturity I know, you're one. But having said that, the whole South is angry against Yorubas because all the political gains of balance of power made by Obasanjo was sold to out when they South.

Jonathan loved and respected Yorubas. PDP zoned Speakership to the West, but ACN connivined with some PDP guys to gift it to Tambuwal. We the Igbos weren't given such position.

Today... We're fighting to see if South will ever be President again I think it is too late. North will not give up power at ease again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by NinjaMetahuman: 12:08pm On May 09, 2019
goodnessme1:
i shouldn't have reply replied you because.......
flat head, flat brain
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

I'm seriously indifferent. Though... Live I don't have issues with Yorubas.
I dream of a country who will rise up from being a third world country.
A country where Technology wise, we are self sufficient!
A country that can be compared with the best in the whole world!

I dream of a country that is ruled by intelligent-intellectuals.

A country devoid of tribalistic and tribal sentiment. Where a man can aspire to be anything his gifts, ability's and hardwork will lead him.

I'm I asking for too much?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 12:15pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

True, yet some things cannot be ignored. Every tribe have their basic programming. My tribe is considered domineering because we are goal-oriented and try to impact our immediate environment instead of vice versa.
But have we gained much with flouting our differences?
Aren't we not complaining about this Nigeria?

It look alike we all want a great country, but we also are allowing individual, selfish and personal sentiments from clouding our better judgement.

If we sit down to do a strategic analysis, we'll discover that a change in approach is needed.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Daewang: 12:16pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Yet he states the painful reality...

Let me put things in perspective for you with a personal experience.
My closest friends while in both primary and secondary school were Yorubas. I'll skip the experience from primary school as childish attitudes but my bossom friend in secondary school, I recall that we always had issues consistently, most times we don't speak to each other (or rather, he doesn't speak to me) for days...

Reason: Class performance

I am the kind of person who brags about my friend's achievements to others and sing their praises to high heavens, he doesn't neglect any opportunity to rub it in my face that he is "better than me".

Is he better than me? Not necessarily important to me at the time. Did I feel bad? Nope, I laughed it off as normal yabbings...

But at any instant I outperform him, fiam! I become his enemy. I heard he badmouthed me on several occasions...yet when his head cools I just forgive him and act like nothing happened. I was that naive, he's my best friend nah. embarassed

Fast-forward to all my other experiences later on even down to the office, when it comes to sabotage, green (as in the raw) envy and conspiracy, the Yorubas are second to none.

I had a clash with an old colleague (yet another Yoruba) at work one time. The person came to me to discuss an issue and how we ought to address it, know fully well that I don't shy away from taking a stand on what I feel strongly about. After the whole discussion and gingering, time to deliver, paddy faded into the background waiting for me to stick my neck and take the fall. Out of disgust I called out the person there and then and lambasted the person. After the meeting I received several personal mails saying I shouldn't have done what I did, I should have just covered up... I laughed.

Guess what, all the senders were Yorubas... the only other mail from a colleague from the middle belt said "Guy you dey vex o, buh I like wetin you do. See that XYZ wan set you up sha. Just be careful of those people"

By "those people" I'm sure you know what was meant.

A company I worked in started doing promotion by transfer because of several reports of gang up and sabotage in their office in Ibadan. Once someone is interested in your position and you're not from their ethnicity, they either sabotage you for sack or if there's real bad blood, you'll be poisoned.

What am I saying in essence?
Igbos and Yorubas can NEVER align, there's just no basis for it. Worst still, trust is not in their code of ethics. They betray you and think they're wise.

These days I am wary of deeply associating with Yorubas...I have a lot of them as acquaintances but it ends there. Only a few have proved themselves to some extent. I have no apologies to that.

PS: I was born and brought up in the west so I know what I'm talking about.

My guy you did well not to trust those people. I've never seen people so envious. It's so scary and unreal and sometimes I wonder what could possibly be the reason for this. Where I am currently I have to encounter them everyday and I have daily first hand experience of what you are talking about. A lot of times they plan and watch you eagerly waiting for you to fall but my glorious God keeps saving me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 12:17pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:
Firstly, Tinubu never declared any where of having interest in 2023 presidency.

Secondly, please enough of all this unity begging. There will always be competition btw humans, party, buusines, religion e.t.c

Thirdly, Igbo presidency is not yet ripe. May be in 10 years + ( That's the fact).

He who poured water on ground must match wet ground.

People like you aren't taken serious. With all this political craftiness, look! If you don't know that one plus one is two, you can wait... Till you see two.

Igbos aren't ripe for presidency, challenge the North by 2023.

Start pouring water oooh!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 12:20pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I dream of a country who will rise up from being a third world country.
A country where Technology wise, we are self sufficient!
A country that can be compared with the best in the whole world!

I dream of a country that is ruled by intelligent-intellectuals.

A country devoid of tribalistic and tribal sentiment. Where a man can aspire to be anything his gifts, ability's and hardwork will lead him.

I'm I asking for too much?

Sure! You're asking too much. A nation where her leaders loot and invest in other nations. A nation were the youths will rather board slave trade ship to earn just there salary. Tell me one thing to be proud of in Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 12:21pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

People like you aren't taken serious. With all this political craftiness, look! If you don't know that one plus one is two, you can wait... Till you see two.

Igbos aren't ripe for presidency, challenge the North by 2023.

Start pouring water oooh!

Truth is always bitter to swallow. SW started preparation for 2023 2 years ago. Aligning and realigning . Power is not given but taken.

Just because SE are not interested in 2023 presidency doesn't mean they should bring those who are interested down for no tangible reasons.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:24pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

Truth is always bitter to swallow. SW started preparation for 2023 2 years ago. Aligning and realigning . Power is not given but taken.

Just because SE are not interested in 2023 presidency doesn't mean they should bring those who are interested down for no tangible reasons.

We know. That's why we are waiting for you guys to come and take it from the north.

5 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 09, 2019
Daewang:

My guy you did well not to trust those people. I've never seen people so envious. It's so scary and unreal and sometimes I wonder what could possibly be the reason for this. Where I am currently I have to encounter them everyday and I have daily first hand experience of what you are talking about. A lot of times they plan and watch you eagerly waiting for you to fall but my glorious God keeps saving me.

Never ever trust a Yoruba man.

Don't ever do that......no matter the sophistication..

They can be so dangerous with betrayal... They call is wisdom..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 12:29pm On May 09, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

We know. That's why we are waiting for you guys to come and take it from the north.

2023 is not a do or die affairs for SW.. Our focus is how to build our region.. 3 new elected governors in SW are freshers.. That's are priority..
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 12:30pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I understand their fears!

Unfortunately, it's difficult generalising about what the Yoruba want or What the Igbos want because there isn't a unanimous position about anything from both the East and the West.

But, even then. If Yoruba support the Igbos for 2023 presidency, who has more to gain?

Brother... I will give you this information for free, verify it from any Igbo man. Igbos want an independent state, where merit thrives. Most Igbo's want Biafra, we have more than a war torn situation in Nigeria.

1.One of the Highest illiteracy in the world.
2. Poorest nation
3. Insurgency
4. High inflation
5. No credit
6. Third highest IDP
7. No power (Light)

What can they be fighting for in Nigeria?

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 12:31pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Hi

The Yorubas are not as politically independent as you think. What you have are two or three strongmen and their followers. The voting pattern depends on who the leaders go for.

Is Nigeria workable?
I say yes!
But as a confederacy!
The last sentence captures my thought about overhauling the system. Nigeria is not workable as it is and will only get worse.

Then again, we know the North wants to keep Nigeria by all means because of the oil, the East wants to leave Nigeria because of economic oppression and sabotage... What does the West want and why?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Obi Cubana Supporting ESN? See The Sophisticated Guns Found At His Party / Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. / Video Of Kaduna Bomb Blast- Viewers Discretion Is Advised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.