Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! (1185 Views)

"Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" / Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent / Ibori Petitions Agf Over Alleged Efcc Manhunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by wales(m): 6:33am On Sep 22, 2010
A former Chief Executive Officer of Intercontinental Bank Plc., Mr. Erastus Akingbola, has petitioned the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN), accusing Kwara State Governor Bukola Saraki; Governor of Central Bank, Mr. Sanusi Lamido; and the Managing Director of the bank, Mr. Mahmoud Alabi, of taking over the bank.

Akingbola also said that Alabi wrote off a total of N8.115bn debt owed by companies allegedly owned by Saraki. The companies are Linkers. Dicetrade, Skyview Properties and Joy Petroleum.

He alleged that a total of N32bn other loans written off belonged to associates of Saraki and Sanusi. Besides, he claimed that Alabi did this because he was once the chairman of Songa Farms owned by the governor.

He claimed that the loans had been classified as ‘good’ and ‘performing’ by the CBN and wondered why they were written off.

In the August 3, 2010 petition, Akingbola asked the AGF to investigate the matter.

In the nine-page petition of 30 paragraphs, Akingbola said he had a professional disagreement with Sanusi, while the latter was the CEO of First Bank Plc. His problems with Saraki, he added, resulted from his refusal to agree to a merger with Societe-Generale Bank, a bank owned by the governor’s family.

The petition reads, “Back then, I had discovered that his staff members were de-marketing IB Plc and I wrote to him concerning this (copy attached).

“My immediate conclusion was that Dr. Saraki and Mallam Sanusi wanted to take over IB Plc by fraudulent means, and that if I went into their custody, it could result in my death, in order to silence any opposition to their plans.

“Mr. Mahmoud Lai Alabi was appointed by the CBN as the new CEO of IB Plc. Mr. Alabi is (was) an employee of Dr. Saraki as chairman of Songa Farms and several development funds in the state. On resuming, his first task was to write off Dr. Saraki’s loans to the tune of N8.115bn (papers and letters attached).”

“He also wrote off loans totaling N32bn to friends of Dr. Saraki and Mallam Sanusi. All this, in a bank that they were meant to be rescuing.

“All these written-off loans had been classified as ‘good’ and ‘performing’ by the CBN examiners, and had been secured with properties in Ikoyi (Lagos) Victoria Island (Lagos) and Abuja.

“The CBN examination report of May 2010 complained about this massive loan or ‘cash gift’ to Dr. Saraki.”

When contacted, spokesman of the bank, Mr. Lawrence Ndukwe, said he was unable to speak as he was indisposed.

Saraki’s spokesman, Mr. Masud Adebimpe, said it was “not a new issue. This thing has been in the news for a long time.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009224421793
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by wales(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2010
ODOU DON OVERTAKE ODOU INTERNATIONAL THIEF THIEF ABUJA(ARMY) ARRANGEMENTS:__by Fela Anikulapo Kuti Akingbola is not CRAZY, he is meticulously right. This VOODOO ECONOMIST(Mallam Sanusi Lamido) should immediately resign his post as CBN chief. It is now obvious that Sanusi is the WOLF guarding the chicken scoop, a God damned blatant TH**F. As for the other jamba_boy_governor, he has to be arrested immediately. Just as JESUS said that those we entrusted are the ones ruining this PLANET
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2010
^^^
Well, well, well, nobody is thief until prosecuted, tried ,and convicted in a court of law.
However, wouldn't it be ironical(but not surprising to me) if Akingbola is vindicated?
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by FrankC3: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2010
He is saying the exact same things that they did not want him to say. It could be painful to watch your life project washed away by an impostor. Lets see what the Kano princewill make of this.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by Finecat(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
Erastus needs to Shut up. He ran out of the Country because he knew Intercontinental bank was dead due to Corruptions and failed policies. If he knew all this last year how come he didnt stay behind and fight it out. This is the same man buying houses for girlfriends (Married woman) all over Lagos. I'm not Saying that Sanusi is a saint but he alteast let the public knew the true state of the bank. This is the same Akingbola that was lobbying for the Kwara's state account into Intercontinental in 2009, he knew his bank was in trouble and the only way he can rescue it was by using the politicians. He went to Kwara, Kano, Kaduna, Akwa Ibom, Lagos Governors looking for these states accounts to be deposited into Intercontinental shortly before Sanusi sacked him. The attrocities that Akingbola left at Intercontinental is huge. The bank is barely breathing and saddled with huge loans. Talk to their staff and you would see frustrations. A bank where members of staff are begging to burrow N500 from each other till payday.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by texazzpete(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
Since when was Erastus going to be placed in Saraki's custody? No be EFCC dey pursue and prosecute him and his fellow band of corporate crooks?
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
Can we all just agree that a thorough investigation is needed, either way cool
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by texazzpete(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2010
naijaking1:

Can we all just agree that a thorough investigation is needed, either way cool

An investigation is needed, i agree.
Also, EFCC needs to speed up the trial for this fellow. His desperate bid to avoid prosecution is no longer amusing. We don't want a situation where a new Government comes in and grants all these crooks amnesty.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by MShittu: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
The sad thing is that these crooks'll probably be given an amnesty of some sort.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
texazzpete:

An investigation is needed, i agree.
Also, EFCC needs to speed up the trial for this fellow. His desperate bid to avoid prosecution is no longer amusing. We don't want a situation where a new Government comes in and grants all these crooks amnesty.

Do you really want to speed up the so-called trial in a way that facts will be hidden?
Remember the story of the rogue sheriff who tried to shoot 'a criminal' on sight because, "he will just go sit in jail for many years while his lawyers try all sorts of maneuvers to set him free". It was later discovered that the so-called criminal was infact innocent and that the sheriff was the one running a drug scam.
You certainly make me quessy when you urge a speed up of normal judicial process so that your party will prevail. You might as well just shoot him onsight as Sanusi had suggested a few months ago.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
naijaking1:

Do you really want to speed up the so-called trial in a way that facts will be hidden?
Remember the story of the rogue sheriff who tried to shoot 'a criminal' on sight because, "he will just go sit in jail for many years while his lawyers try all sorts of maneuvers to set him free". It was later discovered that the so-called criminal was infact innocent and that the sheriff was the one running a drug scam.
You certainly make me quessy when you urge a speed up of normal judicial process so that your party will prevail. You might as well just shoot him onsight as Sanusi had suggested a few months ago.

'Facts'?
My Dear fellow, Erastus Akingbola is being prosecuted on several charges. Anything he releases in the Media is just a smokescreen. He may as well save them and use them as evidence during his trial if that will exonerate him.
His media war against Sanusi is a separate matter from the trial. Why should taxpayers' money be spent on a long, drawn-out trial while the fellow preens for the media? He is free to release anything he wants. if he's innocent of all charges, he has nothing to fear. So what are we saying?
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
texazzpete:

'Facts'?
My Dear fellow, Erastus Akingbola is being prosecuted on several charges. Anything he releases in the Media is just a smokescreen. He may as well save them and use them as evidence during his trial if that will exonerate him.
His media war against Sanusi is a separate matter from the trial. Why should taxpayers' money be spent on a long, drawn-out trial while the fellow preens for the media? He is free to release anything he wants. if he's innocent of all charges, he has nothing to fear. So what are we saying?

If you call this petition to AGF a media war, what do you call Sanusi's year long roadshows, interviews, accusations, and summary call for execution of the innocent without trial angry
I beg, let's not turn reason upside down. All of a sudden, unearthing the truth has become a waste of taxpayers' money?
Tell me you don't mean it, please.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by Finecat(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2010
naijaking1:

If you call this petition to AGF a media war, what do you call Sanusi's year long roadshows, interviews, accusations, and summary call for execution of the innocent without trial angry
I beg, let's not turn reason upside down. All of a sudden, unearthing the truth has become a waste of taxpayers' money?

This guy is a victim of his imaginations. @Naijamaking, please stop hyperventilating the Akingbola guy is an extreme crook. His bank, Intercontinental has been in trouble atleast one year before Sanusi striked. Sanusi did this bank a favor and that's why the bank is still open and the workers still has jobs. If Intercontinental bank was in Europe or the USA the regulators would have closed it down. If you see their latest performance report, you would see that the bank is far from healthy. It is too late for Akingbola to be crying foul while he sat on all the information he had before he was sacked. Intercontinental bank had been having problems since atleast December 2008, does anybody remember March or april 2009 when you couldn't withdraw money from none of their branches nationwide. Erastus was claiming computer error then while the people that knew what's up knew the bank was out of money and waiting to be bailed out by the CBN under Soludo. Erastus needs to shut his pie-hole.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 1:00am On Sep 23, 2010
Finecat:

This guy is a victim of his imaginations. @Naijamaking, please stop hyperventilating the Akingbola guy is an extreme crook. His bank, Intercontinental has been in trouble atleast one year before Sanusi striked. Sanusi did this bank a favor and that's why the bank is still open and the workers still has jobs. If Intercontinental bank was in Europe or the USA the regulators would have closed it down. If you see their latest performance report, you would see that the bank is far from healthy. It is too late for Akingbola to be crying foul while he sat on all the information he had before he was sacked. Intercontinental bank had been having problems since atleast December 2008, does anybody remember March or april 2009 when you couldn't withdraw money from none of their branches nationwide. Erastus was claiming computer error then while the people that knew what's up knew the bank was out of money and waiting to be bailed out by the CBN under Soludo. Erastus needs to shut his pie-hole.

My friend, nobody says he's not whatever you and Sanusi allege him to be, just prove it in court of law.
Or are you equally scared of proving it in court, too. undecided

I know, the easiest thing could have been to corner him in some lonely alley, and put a bullet between his eyes, and then claim he was trying to escape justice, then claim victory as the banking messiah cool

Unfortunately, or fortunately, we're not in 1800 century west.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by realmen: 4:50am On Sep 23, 2010
naijaking1:

i dont blame anyone of you for talking and behaving in the naija way.

how much did sanusi gave intercontinental bank and how much they loose to the massive withdrawals that followed the sanusi's action.

it's better we all shut up our mouthes and wait for the court of law to decide.

Remember sanusi delays court to hear the case against him by seeking for some court injuction that delays the hearing.
If he was right about the whole action , he better encourage speedy hearing of the case against him and present his numerous facts he claims he has.
whether thru EFCC or from akingbola instituted case, what we need is judgement and fear hearing. it doesnt matter who institute the case what we need is a good judge and court of law to determine who is right and who is wrong . somebody need to be jailed. Akingbola or SANUSI. I DONT MIND.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 5:38am On Sep 23, 2010
^^
Agree with you 100%
We need a good, knowledgable, and unbiased judge to get to the bottom of this case. The future of Nigerian banking is ridding on it.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by hercules07: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2010
Akingbola did not do his case any favour by running away. He should stop all of this media war and answer the charges against him in the court of law. In a more civilised society, he will not be granted bail after running away.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2010
hercules07:

Akingbola did not do his case any favour by running away. He should stop all of this media war and answer the charges against him in the court of law. In a more civilised society, he will not be granted bail after running away.

Our actions as humans are first and foremost dictated by a need for self preservation. If you wonder why he ran away, you must also listen to his reason for doing so.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by hercules07: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
naijaking1:

Our actions as humans are first and foremost dictated by a need for self preservation. If you wonder why he ran away, you must also listen to his reason for doing so.

There is no justification for running away, he should have taken his plea. He should concentrate on answering questions in the court of law instead of trying to manipulate the media. We hope that he gets a fair hearing as personally, i have no faith in the judicial system in Nigeria, as one professor said, it is easy to access the justice system in Nigeria but pretty difficult to exit.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by 080Nigeria(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
hercules07:

There is no justification for running away, he should have taken his plea. He should concentrate on answering questions in the court of law instead of trying to manipulate the media. We hope that he gets a fair hearing as personally, i have no faith in the judicial system in Nigeria, as one professor said, it is easy to access the justice system in Nigeria but pretty difficult to exit.

There is every justification for running away. Have you ever been a victim of the system? Do you know what it is like to be accused by people who want to silence you at all costs?

He needs to manipulate the media. Take a look at most posts about him even on NL. Most people have labelled him as a thief. It doesn't matter if he is one or not. In Nigeria, news like catching a rich man 'stealing our money' is what sells because it appeals to the poverty mentality of the average Nigerian. So far, he has been tried and found guilty in the court of public opinion. If anything, he owes it to himself to clear his name if possible and at least expose the crook called Sanusi.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by hercules07: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
080Nigeria:

There is every justification for running away. Have you ever been a victim of the system? Do you know what it is like to be accused by people who want to silence you at all costs?

He needs to manipulate the media. Take a look at most posts about him even on NL. Most people have labelled him as a thief. It doesn't matter if he is one or not. In Nigeria, news like catching a rich man 'stealing our money' is what sells because it appeals to the poverty mentality of the average Nigerian. So far, he has been tried and found guilty in the court of public opinion. If anything, he owes it to himself to clear his name if possible and at least expose the crook called Sanusi.

Forget all of that victim mentality, people who were arrested along with him have been released and jejely going about their business. Why has he come now, was it Yar'Adua in his vegetative state that would have his time?
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by naijaking1: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^
My brother, you said it all.
Re: Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! by arabela1: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2010
Wed, October 6, 2010 10:30:13 PMBe sure of me
From: His-Excellency Kwara State <gov.bukola2010@gmail.com> View Contact
To: Kaptol Street <kaptolstreet@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ella,

I felt great for you in particular to have direct contact with me. I
read more about you and peoples you met during your studying. Life is
all about meeting peoples with different cultures.

Africa generally in a home of Cultures and we do associates with
peoples coming from another part of the world.

I wish you are single and i am also single i could have proposed a
marriage to you. This might sounds funny But, you have principle and
discipline. I wish you keep it up. Well the reason of buying your
property is for my family to ability as they are willing to relocate
which they have impressed and interested, Just wish i make them happy
and to be proud of me being an honest father.

Electronically voices are seems to be extremely changed in a
particular occasions either been on the phone nor internet. Such as in
person we get to know the right voice of the person you are
interacting with.

My proposed payment plan for meeting in London is based on the fact
that my position is not allowed me as a Governor to transfer money out
of the country to another simply because of MISAPPROPRIATION OF MONEY
and i might be alleged which is prohibited in the ACT 2003
Constitutions.

All your expenses to London would be recover as i am willing to help
you in order to get the house of your interest to buy.

In the mean times i wish we could finalized the transaction soon and
let be a good friends to one and other.

I will be expecting your response soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Bukola Saraki.
Kwara State Governor
cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb / Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | / Anenih Foils Edo Bank Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.