Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission (12387 Views)

Everybody Was Afraid Of Spraying Money Including Me - Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Video) / Simon Ekpa Appoints Anirejou Josephine Erewa As Minister Of Niger Delta Affair / Mrs Abike Dabiri-erewa Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Naijaalive(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2019
The Senate has confirmed the nomination of Abike Dabiri-Erewa for appointment as Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission.

The Senate made the confirmation and subsequent announcement on Thursday via its verified Twitter handle @NGRSenate.

Dabiri-Erewa who is currently the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora was a three-term member of the House of Representatives representing Ikorodu Federal Constituency in Lagos between 2003 and 2015.

As a Reps member, she was chairman of House Committee on Diaspora Affairs; and had sponsored the bill seeking the establishment of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/Senate-Confirms-Abike-Dabiri-Erewa-As-Chairman-Of-Nigerian-Diaspora-Commission.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Naijaalive(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2019
Congratulations

You Deserve It

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by UAE123(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2019
A well deserved appointment

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by LacunaJacuna(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2019
Beautiful. She deserves it very well.

Go and make Nigeria proud.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by festacman(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2019
Interestingly, the bill for the establishment of this Nigerian Diaspora Commission was spearheaded by her. So, now she has been confirmed, she should do well to focus squarely on carrying out this sensitive assignment effectively with LESS NOISE and CONTROVERSY but with MORE DISPLAY OF DIPLOMATIC MATURITY and DEEP AWARENESS OF SOCIETAL DIVERSITY.

Congratulations!

10 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by matify83: 4:30pm On May 09, 2019
From NTA to stardom.

These incremental steps you have aggregated over the years are laced with experiences you can never purchase off the shelves.

I salute your resolve, dedication to duty and amiable disposition to diaspora issues.

Congrats!!

25 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Sunofgod(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2019
What kind position be this?

Positioned to loot...

13 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Jaynom(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2019
Damn! I remember when Abike was a Reporter with NTA . I'm so proud of her Growth!

21 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2019
ikorodu people are proud of you. omo ikorodu oga toh yayi

you've worked hard to deserve such recognition

8 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Olaking123(m): 4:37pm On May 09, 2019
Good for her

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Erolow(f): 4:37pm On May 09, 2019
Okay.....

Check my signature jhor
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by smartchoice900: 4:41pm On May 09, 2019
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Houseofglam7(f): 4:42pm On May 09, 2019
cool
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by pavoda: 4:43pm On May 09, 2019
grin grin grin grin She created the Job for hertself? OK i SEE

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 09, 2019
This afonja bigot. The problem with afonjas is they naturally support evil. Look at them above congratulating her. Lets see who she will lead when 70% of Nigerians abroad are Biafrans.

callthefred below me, a sensible one!

11 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by callthefred: 4:46pm On May 09, 2019
As a fellow Yoruba person (before I get bashed) I don't think she deserves this. She's too partisan and also I haven't seen major achievement since she's been adviser on diaspora. This is someone who has in past bashed disaporans open for criticising the President. If noise making and issue press statement is what makes "fellow Nairalanders" believes she deserves this, then I have to say our taste and understanding for round peg in round holes is worrisome. I believe she would do better as a media adviser to the President. Probably a suitable replacement for Garba Shehu.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by VillagePipu: 4:47pm On May 09, 2019
johndoexxx:
This afonja bigot. The problem with afonjas is they naturally support evil. Look at them above congratulating her. Lets see who she will lead when 70% of Nigerians abroad are Biafrans.

They have built a prison for your children in Anambra. I hope your generations would take advantage of the opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by sojayy(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2019
Congrats.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Kayouzka(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2019
Land at Valley View Estate, Ebute, olu odo Ikorodu, Lagos for sale starting from 4.5million naira, this location is also called the lekki phase 1 of ikorodu Lagos, call 08182676988 or email at akindelek1.ka@gmail.com
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by VillagePipu: 4:47pm On May 09, 2019
[s]
callthefred:
As a fellow Yoruba person (before I get bashed) I don't think she deserves this. She's too partisan and also I haven't seen major achievement since she's been adviser on diaspora. This is someone who has in past bashed disaporans open for criticising the President. If noise making and issue press statement is what makes "fellow Nairalanders" believes she deserves this, then I have to say our taste and understanding for round peg in round holes is worrisome. I believe she would do better as a media adviser to the President. Probably a suitable replacement for Garba Shehu.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by olas24u(f): 4:48pm On May 09, 2019
johndoexxx:
She has been helping these people in prison even before this appointment.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Jaqenhghar: 4:48pm On May 09, 2019
WHat are her duties?

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by VillagePipu: 4:48pm On May 09, 2019
pavoda:
grin grin grin grin She created the Job for hertself? OK i SEE

Obiano is building a prison for children in Igboland.

Guess who would occupy it?

6 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 09, 2019
Yet another 'commission' of wastage, corruption, and foolishness. What kind of country is this?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by greggng: 4:51pm On May 09, 2019
Hard working woman

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by mcfaidesigns: 4:51pm On May 09, 2019
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by TGM2015: 4:53pm On May 09, 2019
It may be recalled that the letter seeking confirmation of Dabiri-Erewa’s appointment was sent to the Senate in November 2018.

https://punchng.com/senate-confirms-abike-dabiri-erewa-as-chairman-ceo-of-nigerian-diaspora-commission/

Since November 2018 when the Presidency sent letter of confirmation to Senate. And someone will be hailing Saraki led Senate, someone who proudly cut budget for major infrastructure projects across the country, takes average of 6 months to pass budget, and took him 7 months to confirm a nominee.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by VillagePipu: 4:53pm On May 09, 2019
Hedonini:
Yet another 'commission' of wastage, corruption, and foolishness. What kind of country is this?

Stop typing rubbish

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi: Work On Lagos-Calabar Railway To Start This Year / 21 APC Governors To Meet On Tuesday As 'Zoning Formula' Causes Ripples / Women, Children Flee As Bandits Kill 11 Benue Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.