Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,691 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81329 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by omanzo02: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
mufutau55:

I agreed with you 1000%. We have maintenance problem in Nigeria. Look at those mansions, you can see how much they need to care for them right from outside to inside of the building.. we just dont care.

Hajji M.

I noticed our social education system is the cause of that character, we are concious of hygiene when we want to show off instead of taking it as an attitude. Same as our professional education, it taught us it content but fail to teach us prosperity, that is the difference between us and the western world.
After spending a lot to erect a good structure we can't keep the tempo to maintain it.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
So lets all wait and see how Spyder will design this bathroom.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Compound filling continues..........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
spyder880:
Compound filling continues..........

Very good. And the rain go help am well, well.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by tivta(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
I wonder if plants will ever grow with all these sand filling...
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
We're working on the connection of this house to the national power grid, and we will need to run amoured cables from the electric pole, through the change over switch, fuse board, to the house........

The external diameter of this cable is about 25mm.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Very good. And the rain go help am well, well.

Hajji M.

The rains in Owerri this year is relentless, and as you rightly pointed out, it's a very positive thing for this filling and compaction process.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
tivta:
I wonder if plants will ever grow with all these sand filling...

If we leave this compound with this filling sand for a full year here, there will be a big bush in this compound. The rate of grass growth in Owerri is amazing. Flowers will grow in this land even without any manures.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
This is a 16mm, 4 core amoured cable, this is the right time to run it inside the ground as filling goes on, so that the landscaping works and other works can be done on the top of it.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
Other electrical materials we bought, we are awaiting the electric pole which we will stand in the front of the house.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
We had bought some bathroom enclosure compartment glass and moved it to the site, my workers arrived today to start working with it. These are all 10mm thick plain glass.......

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
In some bathrooms, we have cut the marble top and placed the wash hand basin on the top, awaiting connection to the pipes and installation of the basin taps.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
In the master bathroom, the double basin on the counter top.......

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by tivta(m): 7:18am On Jul 29, 2020
spyder880:

If we leave this compound with this filling sand for a full year here, there will be a big bush in this compound. The rate of grass growth in Owerri is amazing. Flowers will grow in this land even without any manures.

Good to know cause vegetation brings about oxygen and breeze.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Drilling holes in walls of the security house where we intend to turn to conduit electrical piping......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2020
And bringing the amoured cable up to the point where we connect it to the main building, before continuing the filling.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2020
The kitchen cabinets and the new counter tops........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2020
The wash section........

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2020
The kitchen in the BQ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by SLAP44: 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Spyder, if nobody ever told you that you are too good with your work, let me be the first. You will surely build my own house soon. Reading this thread has been an unbelievable experience.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 3:36am On Jul 31, 2020
mufutau55:

In those places you mentioned, adequate maintainance update is done. Tiling to the ceiling gives you peace of mind from the moisture and maintenance is limited.
Naijas want low maintenance. Just my opinion sir.

Hajji M.
/
Agreed.

No matter what the design is, one has to tinker with the plan considering the peculiar environment (high humidity) we have in Nigeria . Mildew and mold are big problems. Tiling all the way to the top eliminates that headache. Meanwhile, finishing remains the biggest challenge in Nigeria. Most of the artisans do not want to spend money on precision tools. A good number of times they will start out well but will still leave their signature crude style.

/

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 3:42am On Jul 31, 2020
spyder880:
We're working on the connection of this house to the national power grid, and we will need to run amoured cables from the electric pole, through the change over switch, fuse board, to the house........

The external diameter of this cable is about 25mm.
/
Quiet impressive!

It is always better than the unsightly 16mm Aluminium step down.

/

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 3:43am On Jul 31, 2020
spyder880:
We have bought and offloaded the glass that we will use in making the glass compartments for each bathrooms in this house, we are going to start cutting the glass to build the glass enclosures from today..........
/
Chief:

What is the dimension and average cost of this glass?

/
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Chief:

What is the dimension and average cost of this glass?

/

This glass is the 10mm thick, 8ft x 4 ft glass that can either come as plain or sand blasted type, the average price is about N78,000 for a full sheet.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Quiet impressive!

It is always better than the unsightly 16mm Aluminium step down.

/

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 8:04am On Jul 31, 2020
spyder880:

This glass is the 10mm thick, 8ft x 4 ft glass that can either come as plain or sand blasted type, the average price is about N78,000 for a full sheet.
/
Thanks a lot.
/
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by anininwaobodo: 12:40am On Aug 01, 2020
spyder880:
This is a 16mm, 4 core amoured cable, this is the right time to run it inside the ground as filling goes on, so that the landscaping works and other works can be done on the top of it.

Haven gone through this thread from page one to the latest.... I must confess that you deserve to be commended and recommended... thumbs up to you sir ..

Now coming to the electrical accept, where do you intend to mount or install the power changeover and the fuse base?

I hope the electrical circuitry are made in a way to easily accommodate solar inverter system?

Are there provisions for range hood, expeller fan, sound system, intercom system, fire alarm and CCTV in this royal manor ?

And lastly, was your electrician present while the pop ceiling work was going on, to rightly place the spotlight and LED stripe wires. Or was the cables placed by the pop guys?
....Sir I will be most grateful if you will kindly attend to my questions.... THANKS

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Aug 01, 2020
anininwaobodo:

Haven gone through this thread from page one to the latest.... I must confess that you deserve to be commended and recommended... thumbs up to you sir ..

Now coming to the electrical accept, where do you intend to mount or install the power changeover and the fuse base?

I hope the electrical circuitry are made in a way to easily accommodate solar inverter system?

Are there provisions for range hood, expeller fan, sound system, intercom system, fire alarm and CCTV in this royal manor ?

And lastly, was your electrician present while the pop ceiling work was going on, to rightly place the spotlight and LED stripe wires. Or was the cables placed by the pop guys?
....Sir I will be most grateful if you will kindly attend to my questions.... THANKS

Welcome and thanks for the questions, the power changeover and the fuse base are going to be installed around the generator base, and nearest to the security post because of ease of control and operation.

The electrical piping are done in a way to introduce solar power, we only need to choose a position for the batteries and connect the panels to it, then link same to the power distribution system already built.

We usually make general provisions for every facility that will be needed by our clients during piping, but fit only those fittings which the clients demand for. All you listed are possible in this house.

My electrician always visit at the request of my POP workers and we place wires where needed. We did same for this house, ceiling light wiring can be rearranged to suit any light fittings plan even in the last minutes without the help of the POP worker.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by InvertedHammer: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2020
/
The only part I don't understand is filling the compound. It looked perfectly ok to me.

/
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
The only part I don't understand is filling the compound. It looked perfectly ok to me.

/

The issue is the natural slope of the entire land. The land slopes to the back, this means that rain water will be flowing from the road to the compound if there is no barrier, or drainage channel in the front of the house.

Since all the lands at the back are other people's lands which might be built up in the near future, we are working to fill up the back of the compound to enable rain water flow towards the front of the house. We can now use drainage gutters to channel the water down the main road where it will join all the other flowing water.

If this house was to be facing the back where the natural slope goes, we wont be fighting now to reverse this slope with filling sand. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mounting of the bathroom glass compartments

Installation of all bathroom fitting and sanitary wares

Design works to create new lines on the walls, new designed arcs and other designs

Sand filling of the compound

Internal painting works

Wooden overlays on the wrought iron handrails

Are all planned to be completed in this new week.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (41) (Reply)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Natural wall stone tile cladding anywhere in Nigeria. / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.