Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement (18870 Views)

Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination / I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict / Ademola Adeleke Reacts To His Victory At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Ebullience(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2019
Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Osun 2018 Governorship Election said he had instructed his counsels to challenge the appeal court judgement which upheld Gov. Gboyega Oyetola’s election at the Supreme court. Adeleke, in a statement made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Thursday said he received the appeal court judgement with dissatisfaction.

According to him, the judgment of the appeal court relied on weak technical foundation, while the substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state.

“I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today’s judgement at the Supreme Court immediately. “Today’s judgement relied on weak technical foundation.

“The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate,” Adeleke said. He, however, urged the people of the state not to be downcast, saying that the struggle for good governance and retrieval of People’s mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement. “We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today’s unsustainable ruling.

“To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage. “We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained.

“In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun State” Adeleke said. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal nullified the judgment of the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. The tribunal had in its verdict of Friday, March 22, 2019, declared the PDP and its candidate, Sen. Adeleke, the winner of the Sept. 22, 2018 polls. However, Justice Jummai Sankey, read the lead judgment of the Court of Appeal on Thursday. Justices Abubakar Yahaya, Isaiah Akeju and Bitrus Sanga agreed with the lead verdict.

A fifth member of the appellate court, Justice Ita Mbaba, disagreed and upheld the election tribunal’s verdict that gave the victory to Adeleke.

https://leadership.ng/2019/05/09/sen-adeleke-reacts-to-appeal-court-judgement/

2 Likes

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Goovo(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Holyman7635: 7:38am On May 10, 2019
I beg who get Cold Fanta grin grin

See my Signature shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by CrimeKsmart: 7:38am On May 10, 2019
A failure can't be a governor in Osun. He doesn't have the brain to lead the good people of osun. Defeat awaits him at supreme court.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by thaoriginator: 7:39am On May 10, 2019
grin

Dis man a bloodclaat clown mi say..

Bombohole wan fi enter through di backoor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by NNEWIsuper: 7:39am On May 10, 2019
judges are obviously enjoying themselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by sparog(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2019
Now what's the assurance that he'll get a favorable judgement from the supreme Court

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by directonpc(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2019
This is Nigeria and wetin concern common man with una selfish hunger for power (Both APC and PDP)
Oga sef no get ordinary WAEC just like my president.

Extra
Abeg helep me checkout this fine app wer fit help you all Naira banks code anytime without internet. see the link wer you fit take download am below:
from Google play.
Download link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

3 Likes

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by omenkaLives(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2019
Dumb modafacking Lord of the Yeast. cheesy

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by LacunaJacuna(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2019
Adeleke can only be a governor in Biafra so he can dance his way to their treasury.

Or Peharps he can lead their states to win many dancing competitions.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by QuickStandard: 7:41am On May 10, 2019
cool

I am sure Sen. Adeleke won the election.

But the court does not base their judgement on emotions, but facts.

Council to Adeleke should gather relevant facts and prepare for the apex court.

Am sure Adeleke will get back his mandate.

Check our Sig for your Solar solutions.

We also buy used inverter batteries

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2019
To every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by IamPatriotic(m): 7:42am On May 10, 2019
Did he react with a dancing step? if not, the reaction is not his, because he knows nothing apart from dancing.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by hush15: 7:43am On May 10, 2019
God will favor you and deliver Osun State out of Tinubu and his cohorts bondage and liberate osun into the rightful leadership, development and growth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by iammo(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2019
grin

Who wrote all this for him, anyways Acting CJN Mohammed Tanko gladly awaits him

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by benson1411: 7:43am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
A failure can't be a governor in Osun. He doesn't have the brain to lead the good people of osun. Defeat awaits him at supreme court.
And buhari has the brain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by israelmao(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2019
It is good going full length.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Alamu1111: 7:46am On May 10, 2019
The best dancer in Nigeria sha wan be governor

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ipobarethieves: 7:46am On May 10, 2019
grin angry sad shocked cool wink cheesy grin sad wink grin FFK,FAYOSE,SECONDUS,ATI'aKU El Cameroonian,Ipobfl@theadVultures all Reacts.Confused pipu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ecclize: 7:48am On May 10, 2019
I doubt if this man can communicate with English

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by RemiTinubu(f): 7:48am On May 10, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
Dumb modafacking Lord of the Yeast. cheesy
[/s]
trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Chukwurah003: 7:49am On May 10, 2019
Illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by mosho2good: 7:51am On May 10, 2019
Being put as a profile picture doesnt mean you are loved, ask cockroach about its picture on as insecticide container�����

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by bkool7(m): 7:52am On May 10, 2019
Adeleke's lawyer wrote that piece

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Josh44s(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2019
Nigerians are living in Bondage and Nigeria is in bondage as a whole. The worst and annoying part of it all is people supporting this Evil administration has not eaten even N1 naira from it or benefits one thing or the other, other Citizens benefits from their govt. They all just a set of frustrated, confused, demented and ignorant people who have lost their will to do what is right to secure a better future for them by throwing away tribalism, religious and nepotism aside. We as a citizens can do better than this. I weak abeg. I pray Canada embassy grant me visa lemme just leave Jejely.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by fredoooooo: 7:57am On May 10, 2019
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yinka Odumakin: Nigeria Lost Towering Patriot – Jimi Agbaje / Court Orders RMAFC To Fix Salaries Of NASS Members To Reflect Economic Realities / The United States' Message To Nigerians As Election Day Approaches (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.