Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Information About Nissan Murano 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Information About Nissan Murano 2003 (1905 Views)

Reviews About Nissan Almera Tino (2000/2001)model / Talk About Nissan Kicks 2020 - Latest Nissan Electric Car Launched Outside Japan / Nissan Murano 2003 Won't Throttle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by lormarx: 7:38pm On May 09, 2019
Good day house, please I got a fairly used Nissan Murano 2003 model and want to change the gear oil, I was asked to buy the oil for Nissan which I got already, but wish to ask if this car have gear oil filter that one can change why changing the oil.
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by ttshems(m): 6:57am On May 10, 2019
No does not have oil filter
hope its the Nissan NS-2 Oil u got ? if so u are good to Go

1 Like

Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by nurey(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2019
lormarx:
Good day house, please I got a fairly used Nissan Murano 2003 model and want to change the gear oil, I was asked to buy the oil for Nissan which I got already, but wish to ask if this car have gear oil filter that one can change why changing the oil.

Why do you need to change the filter? has the gear started misbehaving?
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by nurey(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2019
ttshems:
No does not have oil filter
hope its the Nissan NS-2 Oil u got ? if so u are good to Go
The transmission has filter actually that can be changed

1 Like

Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by ruby360: 9:12am On May 10, 2019
Change the transmission oil with the recommended Nissan oil. That is the only way to avoid wahala.

And don't allow a road side illetrate mechanic touch the car if you want to enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by oblo(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2019
lormarx:

Do well to paste a pic of the oil you bought. The cvt for murano is not forgiving at if the wrong fluid is used.

You can pm me for a call so we can talk. Been using my murano for over 4 years and still on same gear and engine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by jrusky(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2019
oblo:

Do well to paste a pic of the oil you bought. The cvt for murano is not forgiving at if the wrong fluid is used.

You can pm me for a call so we can talk. Been using my murano for over 4 years and still on same gear and engine.

Pls shed more light on Murano as how to maintain it and how durable is the car. I have 2005/06 on the way coming but I still need more info as per the vehicle though the truth is I just love Murano as a car.

Pls shed more light pls
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by oblo(m): 10:58pm On May 10, 2019
jrusky:

Pls shed more light on Murano as how to maintain it and how durable is the car. I have 2005/06 on the way coming but I still need more info as per the vehicle though the truth is I just love Murano as a car.

Pls shed more light pls

It's a workhorse for me.. Honestly I never expected it to be this loyal.. cheesy. Use the right fluids and you go dey alright.

If you need more info check my posts for my number and buzz me.
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by jrusky(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2019
oblo:

It's a workhorse for me.. Honestly I never expected it to be this loyal.. cheesy. Use the right fluids and you go dey alright.

If you need more info check my posts for my number and buzz me.

Thanks bro I really appreciate your post. Pls the fluid you mentioned kindly drop their names so I can be well assure to enjoy the vehicle.

People has be saying alot as you know Nigeria is Toyota Zombie region Nigeria condemn every other car not Toyota but personally I just love Murano that is why I need someone using it and who will be honest to tell me the truth about the vehicle.

Thanks bro pls forward those fluids to my mail: calsbee@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by lormarx: 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
nurey:

Why do you need to change the filter? has the gear started misbehaving?
yes, find it hard climbing any hill,but very sound on level or down hill
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
lormarx:
yes, find it hard climbing any hill,but very sound on level or down hill

scan for error codes let's work with that
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by lormarx: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
nurey:

scan for error codes let's work with that
will do that tomorrow and update u, is there anything specific that they need to concerate on .thanks so much
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by nurey(m): 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
lormarx:
will do that tomorrow and update u, is there anything specific that they need to concerate on .thanks so much

culled from a Nissan forum

I think you have a dirty throttle body and a dirty Mass Air Flow sensor. My Murano last Monday started to hesitate when I pushed down the gas pedal. I literally floored it a couple times and my Murano stayed put.
This is what I did to fix the problem. Ensure your motor/CVT is warmed up by driving it around for a while.
1) Get MAF Sensor spray from AutoZone.

2) Get Throttle Body Cleaner spray from AutoZone.

3) Take the intake hoses apart and reveal the throttle body.

4) Remove MAF sensor from upper air box.

5) Spray the heck out of the MAF sensor and set it aside to dry.

6) Get a rag and thoroughly clean the inside of the throttle body. Don't spray directly into the throttle body. Spray the rag and rub it down. Be sure to open the butterfly and clean it too. Also clean as far into the throttle body as possible.

7) Pull off the throttle body connector and spray the contacts with the MAF cleaner.

cool Spray compressed air into the throttle body and connector.

9) Lightly spray compressed air into the MAF sensor.

10) Put everything back together ensuring there are no leaks.

11) Perform an Idle Air Volume Relearn if necessary ( http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/12180-bad-gas-mileage.html ).

Your Murano may throw a code that references an unusually high idle after this cleanup. If so, just do the idle air volume relearn steps in the thread above and reset the code. After I did the steps I have no issues.

scan 1st

1 Like

Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by lormarx: 6:24am On Nov 16, 2019
nurey:

culled from a Nissan forum

I think you have a dirty throttle body and a dirty Mass Air Flow sensor. My Murano last Monday started to hesitate when I pushed down the gas pedal. I literally floored it a couple times and my Murano stayed put.
This is what I did to fix the problem. Ensure your motor/CVT is warmed up by driving it around for a while.
1) Get MAF Sensor spray from AutoZone.

2) Get Throttle Body Cleaner spray from AutoZone.

3) Take the intake hoses apart and reveal the throttle body.

4) Remove MAF sensor from upper air box.

5) Spray the heck out of the MAF sensor and set it aside to dry.

6) Get a rag and thoroughly clean the inside of the throttle body. Don't spray directly into the throttle body. Spray the rag and rub it down. Be sure to open the butterfly and clean it too. Also clean as far into the throttle body as possible.

7) Pull off the throttle body connector and spray the contacts with the MAF cleaner.

cool Spray compressed air into the throttle body and connector.

9) Lightly spray compressed air into the MAF sensor.

10) Put everything back together ensuring there are no leaks.

11) Perform an Idle Air Volume Relearn if necessary ( http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/12180-bad-gas-mileage.html ).

Your Murano may throw a code that references an unusually high idle after this cleanup. If so, just do the idle air volume relearn steps in the thread above and reset the code. After I did the steps I have no issues.

scan 1st

am really grateful for this information, thank you so much. will ask my mechanic to help
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by lormarx: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Having problem with my Murano 2003.on Park, if you press the gas pedal all the way down ,the engine wont get pass 1600rmp,what might be the problem, my electrician told me he has to re-wire, don't understand
Re: Information About Nissan Murano 2003 by oblo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
I thought you had fixed? Scanned it yet? Get the Results and paste here.

(1) (Reply)

TOO MUCH Money:check Out Students Cars At American University Of Dubai / Change Of Car Engine. / Toyota Vehicles That Have Been Discontinued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.