Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. (49485 Views)

Lawyer Narrates How He Saved Man Who Was Wrongly Imprisoned After 3 Years (Pics) / Carpenter Arrested By Police, Imprisoned After Being Labelled A Kidnapper. Photo / Lady Recounts How 2 Male Beggars Asked For Her Breast Milk After Helping Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Tallesty1(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2019
Kenan Basic spent two weeks in a maximum security prison, lost his job and is now going through a divorce, after a 19-year-old woman made false accusations against him.

Mr Basic stopped to help the teenager in November last year after she crashed her car and pulled into a BP in Bankstown, in Sydney's south-west.

The 36-year-old married father-of-one spent almost two hours helping the woman get her car back on the road. CCTV captured the entire interaction and shows the pair chatting happily and even embracing before she drives away, Nine News reported.

'I always help people you know, all my life, and this is the first time the snake bite me,' Mr Basic said.

He followed the teen a short distance with his car to make sure she didn't break down again. However, after they drove off, the woman told police Mr Basic indecently assaulted and stalked her.

The teenager claimed Mr Basic had allegedly propositioned her for sex in return for his help before following her and once again propositioning her. Days after his act of kindness Mr Basic was facing serious sexual charges and spent two weeks behind bars in Silverwater Prison.
He also lost his job and is now going through a divorce because of the false charges.

'No-one would ever expect that as a Good Samaritan you stop to assist a broken down motorist that then you would subsequently be charged with these serious offences,' Mr Basic's lawyer Mona El Baba told Seven News.

On Monday, all charges against Mr Basic were dropped after the woman broke down when pressed by detectives in an interview and finally told the truth - that she'd been lying about the accusations.

'I feel happy because I got my freedom you know,' Mr Basic said.

The teenager is now facing a charge of knowingly making false or misleading statement and will appear in court next week.
[/b]Mr Basic said the incident has deterred him from stopping and helping a young woman ever again.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/good-samaritan-spends-two-weeks-in-a-maximum-security-prison-after-woman-whose-car-he-helped-fix-falsely-accused-him-of-indecent-assault.56212/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by SilentVboy: 9:59pm On May 09, 2019
Life can be really cruel sometimes....

190 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by eneojoedu(m): 9:59pm On May 09, 2019
wicked people everywhere.... fear women.

172 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by OyinbowithaTan(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2019
Incredibly sad. The liar should face the same jail sentence as the crime they accused the other of.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by loomer: 10:19pm On May 09, 2019
I no kuku sabi help person before

14 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by generationz(f): 10:28pm On May 09, 2019
I always wonder what motivates people to tell such lies against someone who helped them

fame?
psychopathy?
Narcissism?
Demonic possession or what ?

cc LordKO

187 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Tallesty1(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2019
generationz:
I always wonder what motivates people to tell such lies against someone who helped them

fame?
psychopathy?
Narcissism?

cc LordKO
People love to abuse anything that gets showered attention and you can agree with me that assault victims get enough attention from every angle. The reason for the attention is because rape is a dehumanizing cruel act but human minds are usually quick to devise evil.

So attention freaks need a share of the attention that assault victims get, so they will come up with a way to get a share of the attention, nothing else.

Expect more false accusations because Its becoming so fashionable to be a victim. Even our celebrities promote it. Funny thing is that women will still be the ones to lose at the end.

Chivalry is almost gone and if they continue this way, people will soon start doubting rape accusations and that will deny the real victims a chance to get justice.

Lalasticlala please do the needful.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by LordKO(m): 2:59am On May 10, 2019
generationz:

fame?
psychopathy?
Narcissism?

cc LordKO

Psychopathy: She's a typical psychopath. They gain maximum pleasure from draining and demonizing their benefactors - their dispositional gratitude notwithstanding. They can do anything for fame. It's advanced egoism - narcissism is part and parcel of it.

Unfortunately, they hardly conquer themselves, no matter how many times they're punished for their misdeeds.

When you've one as a relative - since blood is thicker than water - you must master the act of emotional squashing (carefreeness), but not alienation, in dealing/relating with him/her in order to preserve your dominion, dignity and sanity.

Psychopaths are akin to the devil.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Hector09(m): 5:30am On May 10, 2019
Can u imagine how the little bitch have ruin the man's reputation and carrier

21 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Lordknowz: 5:51am On May 10, 2019
Whoremen angry

2 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by generationz(f): 8:20am On May 10, 2019
LordKO:

Psychopathy: She's a typical psychopath. They gain maximum pleasure from draining and demonizing their benefactors - their dispositional gratitude notwithstanding. They can do anything for fame. It's advanced egoism - narcissism is part and parcel of it.

Unfortunately, they hardly conquer themselves, no matter how many times they're punished for their misdeeds.

When you've one as a relative - since blood is thicker than water - you must master the act of emotional squashing (carefreeness), but not alienation, in dealing/relating with him/her in order to preserve your dominion, dignity and sanity.

Please explain what you mean by carefreeness?

I'm completely Averse to liars and manipulators

I can't even figure out lies told to maintain harmony in a group and this always gets me in trouble.
How can I then live with a psychopath?

4 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by monarch101(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2019
how would the wife feel now after filing for divorce only to discover the husband is innocent. Afterall Loyalty is now a noun and not a 'VERB"

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Deepfeel(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2019
I know she wished that good Samaritan asked her out

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 10, 2019
Some women nawa o

1 Like

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 11, 2019
LordKO:

smiley
Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Sally97(f): 10:47pm On May 11, 2019
eneojoedu:
wicked people everywhere.... fear women.
You're correct oo.. After God fear women

4 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by roman000: 10:48pm On May 11, 2019
OPERATION YOU MUST NOT BE SINGLE BEFORE END OF THIS YEAR. LET'S HELP YOU TO CONNECT WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE NOW!

Are you tired of being single and its accompanying Loneliness?
Are you tired of being prophesied to, that every other year is your year with nothing at end of it?
Are you one who believes in TRUE LOVE and having a happy family?
Are you one who is tired of masturbation and intimacy gadgets due to loneliness?
Are you a single lady/man based anywhere in Nigeria or Africa?
Are you tired of scammers and frauds that collect money with promise of matchmaking?
Are you one that have friends and loved ones who are ripe for marriage but still single?
Are you tired of platforms that offer no hope and help to your singleness?
Are you ready to make the 2019 or 2020 the year to settle down?
And are you willing to give love a chance?

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

This is the Genuine platform to join – The Authentic Platform of Love for Africans wherever!

ALSO NOTE that the couple that met and got married on our platform last year are waxing strong in their marriage and so, we want so many marriages and serious relationship consummated this very year!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW.

WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM ADMIN NOW

5 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by kamez(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
serves him right..... we men have refused to receive sense....

we will see our fellow guys in need of help, but we will turn a blind eye, but once a woman is involved, the spirit of niceness will posses us....

*How many guys would actually stop to give a fellow random guy a free ride on the way to OR from work

*how many guys would stop to help a stranded guy fix his flat tire?

*how many guys would share their umbrella with a random guy on the street when it's raining

woman wrapper just full everywhere.....make these women show una pepper small so that small sense go enter una head.....

that's how a woman will write "I think I need to ease myself" on facebook, and in 30mins all these Mr nice guys will give her 300 likes for the yeye post..... how many of u even take out time to read the status update of ur fellow guys......

as for me, it's Bros over hoess anytime any day...

106 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by lovelyboi71(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentle men,I'm Simon,i need your advice,i just checked my utme result and i scored 182 and i want to study computer science,i chose funaab as my first choice and Delsu as 2nd choice, Ilaroply as 3rd choice,am not happy with the scored,am sad,please is there stil hope,i need your advice on what to do?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by biacan(f): 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
She must have being through a lot for her to act this way embarassed
Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by ipobarethieves: 10:53pm On May 11, 2019
sad sad sad sad life is a lesson.Reason why peepz zoom off wen dey see accident victims. The Fear of Police case is the beginning of WISDOM. Akoba Adaba,Olorun maje ki a ri*Put hand for pocket,give the needy*

4 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2019
Maybe she was giving him signs when he was helping her repair her car but he did not notice her signs then when she realized that she can't have him she got jealous of not having a man with a good heart like him so she has to spoil his name and punish him.

18 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Okoyeebo: 10:58pm On May 11, 2019
[s]
Success1020:

Typical afonja and hypocrisy...trying to remove a speck someone else eyes while they have a log in theirs. What motivated you afonjas and Hausa-Fulani to kill 3 million Biafrans? What motivated you yorubas and Hausa-Fulani Fulani to massacre 100,000 Delta Igbos in Asaba? What motivated yoruba major, Black scorpion to massacre over 200k Ibibios and when asked why, he said we know they are Igbos too? What motivates Afonjas to corner all functioning seaports in the country to their regions only, while other region seaports are not working? What motivated Abike Dabiri to continue too lie bold face against Igbos, all out of hate to paint them as the bad apples of Nigeria? Hypocrites!
[/s]

Naira Marley's boys have stolen this one's pant.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by 9jaArea: 10:58pm On May 11, 2019
Ok
Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2019
This is one of the reasons I don't assist people like that because of implication

1 Like

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Jidebabs88(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2019
Come 2 think of it.....what if there was no camera (like our country) to capture the event. It would have been worse for him. Nigeria would get there too.

12 Likes

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by loomer: 10:59pm On May 11, 2019
Old shit
Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 11, 2019
Success1020:

Typical afonja and hypocrisy...trying to remove a speck someone else eyes while they have a log in theirs. What motivated you afonjas and Hausa-Fulani to kill 3 million Biafrans? What motivated you yorubas and Hausa-Fulani Fulani to massacre 100,000 Delta Igbos in Asaba? What motivated yoruba major, Black scorpion to massacre over 200k Ibibios and when asked why, he said we know they are Igbos too? What motivates Afonjas to corner all functioning seaports in the country to their region only, while other regions seaports are not working? What motivated Abike Dabiri to continue too lie bold face against Igbos, all out of hate to paint them as the bad apples of Nigeria? Is this young woman different from bigot Abike Dabiri? Hypocrites!
you are gradually going insane man. Seek help

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Bossjakande: 11:00pm On May 11, 2019
AntiBrutus:

smiley
and u are happy I respect u a lot dont let me change DAT and use bad word on u
Re: How A Good Samaritan Lost His Job, Marriage, Imprisoned After Helping A Lady. by Awesomefred32(m): 11:00pm On May 11, 2019
Feed a dog for 3 days in 3years time the dog will never forget you

But feed your fellow human for 3years in 3days time..he or she will forget you...they may even pay you back with evil....

Human's heart are full of evil

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnappers Who Killed John Adeyi Sentenced To Death By Hanging / 51 Suspected Cultists Arrested While Marking Anniversary In Delta Hotel / Bloodied Children Rescued From House Filled With Fetish Items In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.