Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant (59678 Views)

How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / What's The Best Crop To Plant And Have Maximum Output On A 3 Plots Of Land? / Castor Plant And Castor Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lanjonath:

Price and location?

Just 2.5k per 50kg size bag.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Ezekiella: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
This thread I must confess , is exceptionally educative.
It has blessed my soul . finally, I have found answers to an emergency situation in Nigeria.

May The Almighty God , greatly bless you Mr Pistotica
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Ezekiella: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sometime last year, I got a priviledged information that there is a high rate of organ failure and cancer in Nigeria. After going through this thread,I discovered that the wrong use of chemicals by we farmers may be partly or a major cause of this development.

As someone who is into farming,I have learnt so much from this thread and henceforth, will correct any mistake I made in the past.

For the first time in my life ,I have also discovered that the wrong handling of poultry manure can result in life threatening health problems.I thank God for helping me come across this thread.

I have also learnt a lot about vegetable farming.Things I have never known before on increasing the yield of vegetables. Now, I know why I had some problems in the past. It's not by planting hectares or thousands of seeds on a plot,it's by giving the best of the best to the ones you can manage, and you will be surprised by very high yield.

Mr Pistotica ,I do not know your actual name ,but I pray for you ;the way you have taught us so much on this thread free ; helped save millions of Nigerian lives by opening our eyes to the poisonous food we are eating ; opened our eyes to the health hazard we are exposing ourselves to in the name of farming :
May The Almighty God in heaven greatly bless you
May He grant unto you your deepest heart desires which only him knows
May He open the windows of heaven and pour more financial breakthroughs and more knowledge on you.
He has used you to save lives, therefore He will bless you with long life, prosperity and good health
All these I pray In Jesus Mighty Name ,Amen !!!

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ezekiella:
Sometime last year, I got a priviledged information that there is a high rate of organ failure and cancer in Nigeria. After going through this thread,I discovered that the wrong use of chemicals by we farmers may be partly or a major cause of this development.

As someone who is into farming,I have learnt so much from this thread and henceforth, will correct any mistake I made in the past.

For the first time in my life ,I have also discovered that the wrong handling of poultry manure can result in life threatening health problems.I thank God for helping me come across this thread.

I have also learnt a lot about vegetable farming.Things I have never known before on increasing the yield of vegetables. Now, I know why I had some problems in the past. It's not by planting hectares or thousands of seeds on a plot,it's by giving the best of the best to the ones you can manage, and you will be surprised by very high yield.

Mr Pistotica ,I do not know your actual name ,but I pray for you ;the way you have taught us so much on this thread free ; helped save millions of Nigerian lives by opening our eyes to the poisonous food we are eating ; opened our eyes to the health hazard we are exposing ourselves to in the name of farming :
May The Almighty God in heaven greatly bless you
May He grant unto you your deepest heart desires which only him knows
May He open the windows of heaven and pour more financial breakthroughs and more knowledge on you.
He has used you to save lives, therefore He will bless you with long life, prosperity and good health
All these I pray In Jesus Mighty Name ,Amen !!!

Remain blessed

God bless you so much.

If I put my name online, I am sure EFCC would be my friend now because these people would have used my name 419 many people. The thing is that you will know it's me when you read my posts. Of course you will. I will address the change of moniker at the right time. But if one writes and one can be easily identified, it means something. That is what people really look for. Uniqueness and originality. This is what I teach. Be yourself in everything. To my critics they felt they were harming me, but little did they know that a post like this will be released. They have succeeded in saying that I am unique, original. not photocopy, and not Rank Xerox. The epistles are fun. They must buy read them. They must search diligently. That is it. It's a gift.

I knew from day 1 that the only way to push forward the dangers in poor management of manure will be nas.ty. Why? Nigerians will never pay attention, and are ready to cur.se anyone who tells them that any cheap method is not good. They dont want to care. Their is that tey will use what is cheap. And really, their great grand parents lifestyle is what they want to continue. lol. But if consumers in the western world see these me.ss, they are fleeing from such farmer like he is inflic.ted with lepr.osy. I don't know how our people are comfortable displaying poverty. Honestly, it baffles me. Most of the pictures posted are turn offs. But I don't know how they think the pictures are good. To correct such people will be hard. But only educated people can really relate to it. Education is not schooling in Nigeria. lol.

The rate of cancer in Nigeria is extremely high. There is an agro brand in Nigeria, that company should be shut down..I avoid using their products.

Let me divert a bit to politics. Anyone who says Buhari is mean by closing the borders is an enemy of Nigeria. For that act, I give it to him. This was what Jonathan should have done, but he doesn't have the balls to do it. OBJ could do it during his time, I trust him. Chicken producers better continue praying that the border should be closed so they can start selling their broilers. Smuggling of chicken has crushed producers here. Farmers are just struggling. And the worst issue is that chicken grown with steroids are what these wi.cked smug.glers push into Nigeria.

1. I buy fish directly from fishermen. I travel down from Island to Makoko near Adekunle to get my fresh fish as the farmers are unloading from their canoes. Ben Bruce buys from the place too whenever hes in Lagos.

2. Growing ones chicken organically is the way forward now.

3. Having a garden for personal consumption should be a goal everyone must run after.

4. If one can add rabbit production to the home system, one will enjoy gardening. No need to compost the poo and urine. It's for greenhouse production and gardening in my own opinion. Just spraying urine of rabbit is not enough for plants.

I just feel that everyone is hustling and there is no room for gardening as hobby in this section. One lady used to update her thread on flowers and landscaping, and it was opened in another section. But a moderator moved it to Agric. I came across the thread after many pages had been created. In fact, I was not on nairaland when that thread was started, but I read it there where she pleaded that the audience here may not be for her thread. And truly, the thread died here. So, it's hustling here and it's operation spray "killerforce, KnockItDownByFireByForce, NoWeedForce, etc. And it's affecting us.

If you have a large space at home, I can recommend veggies called powerhouse and defence force. Chinese Cabbage is one. It is rated above Kale and most veggies and fruits. I make microgreens a lot. I use local green seeds and lettuce seeds.

I really wish to open a thread on ancient tomatoes. I have some seeds that are just too good. Gardening is very interesting. Very soon, I will start roasting my organic chickens. I don't fry again.

https://www.nairaland.com/5427542/why-beans-ripe-plantain-combination#82403570
This thread was pushed to front page yesterday. Damn. The mod that pushed that to front page deserves to be treated nicely. I laughed seriously. Just read the comments. Even I would smack the head of anyone who tells me not to enjoy my fried plantain and beans, but the OP is 100% accurate. lol. The mod is a wonderful clown. I wish we get more of that.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 22, 2019
Pistotita:

God bless you so much.

If I put my name online, I am sure EFCC would be my friend now because these people would have used my name 419 many people. The thing is that you will know it's me when you read my posts. Of course you will. I will address the change of moniker at the right time. But if one writes and one can be easily identified, it means something. That is what people really look for. Uniqueness and originality. This is what I teach. Be yourself in everything. To my critics they felt they were harming me, but little did they know that a post like this will be released. They have succeeded in saying that I am unique, original. not photocopy, and not Rank Xerox. The epistles are fun. They must buy read them. They must search diligently. That is it. It's a gift.

I knew from day 1 that the only way to push forward the dangers in poor management of manure will be nas.ty. Why? Nigerians will never pay attention, and are ready to cur.se anyone who tells them that any cheap method is not good. They dont want to care. Their is that tey will use what is cheap. And really, their great grand parents lifestyle is what they want to continue. lol. But if consumers in the western world see these me.ss, they are fleeing from such farmer like he is inflic.ted with lepr.osy. I don't know how our people are comfortable displaying poverty. Honestly, it baffles me. Most of the pictures posted are turn offs. But I don't know how they think the pictures are good. To correct such people will be hard. But only educated people can really relate to it. Education is not schooling in Nigeria. lol.

The rate of cancer in Nigeria is extremely high. There is an agro brand in Nigeria, that company should be shut down..I avoid using their products.

Let me divert a bit to politics. Anyone who says Buhari is mean by closing the borders is an enemy of Nigeria. For that act, I give it to him. This was what Jonathan should have done, but he doesn't have the balls to do it. OBJ could do it during his time, I trust him. Chicken producers better continue praying that the border should be closed so they can start selling their broilers. Smuggling of chicken has crushed producers here. Farmers are just struggling. And the worst issue is that chicken grown with steroids are what these wi.cked smug.glers push into Nigeria.

1. I buy fish directly from fishermen. I travel down from Island to Makoko near Adekunle to get my fresh fish as the farmers are unloading from their canoes. Ben Bruce buys from the place too whenever hes in Lagos.

2. Growing ones chicken organically is the way forward now.

3. Having a garden for personal consumption should be a goal everyone must run after.

4. If one can add rabbit production to the home system, one will enjoy gardening. No need to compost the poo and urine. It's for greenhouse production and gardening in my own opinion. Just spraying urine of rabbit is not enough for plants.

I just feel that everyone is hustling and there is no room for gardening as hobby in this section. One lady used to update her thread on flowers and landscaping, and it was opened in another section. But a moderator moved it to Agric. I came across the thread after many pages had been created. In fact, I was not on nairaland when that thread was started, but I read it there where she pleaded that the audience here may not be for her thread. And truly, the thread died here. So, it's hustling here and it's operation spray "killerforce, KnockItDownByFireByForce, NoWeedForce, etc. And it's affecting us.

If you have a large space at home, I can recommend veggies called powerhouse and defence force. Chinese Cabbage is one. It is rated above Kale and most veggies and fruits. I make microgreens a lot. I use local green seeds and lettuce seeds.

I really wish to open a thread on ancient tomatoes. I have some seeds that are just too good. Gardening is very interesting. Very soon, I will start roasting my organic chickens. I don't fry again.

https://www.nairaland.com/5427542/why-beans-ripe-plantain-combination#82403570
This thread was pushed to front page yesterday. Damn. The mod that pushed that to front page deserves to be treated nicely. I laughed seriously. Just read the comments. Even I would smack the head of anyone who tells me not to enjoy my fried plantain and beans, but the OP is 100% accurate. lol. The mod is a wonderful clown. I wish we get more of that.

Everyone is after survival. Nigeria is tough my brother. May God help us.

I commend you for encouraging gardening to promote healthy food. However, what every one in Agric section is after is how to make profit from farming.

Will farming ever be profitable for the poor who cant afford the luxury of mechanized farming?

Is there wide market for micro greens, cabbage, kale and co even in rural areas?

Please keep providing information on how the "poor" can leverage on tricks, seed quality and hygienic practises to make profits without getting into bad debt.

As we all know, many Nigerians will even buy infected cucumber if that is what their money can afford. I am not in any way encouraging this but saying it for effect.

You have been promoting investments into farming and the only way for it to work out is to target the rich in urban areas.

What should be the fate of the poor farmers in rural areas who also have no rich customers to sell to but fellow low income earners and the poor majority.?

I have thought of it many times and resolved to planting what people already buy such as Okro, a little of cucumber, garden egg, amaranth, pumpkin and exotic strawberry which is a fruit many will love and buy.

Can poor farmers in rural areas afford over a million naira to install a greenhouse to plant these same vegetables, sell to the same market and still make enough profits to make them rich?

That I don't know yet.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 6:39am On Sep 22, 2019
Pistotita:

Both urine and poo of rabbits are extremely good. They are cold nutrients. You can add them directly to plants. You will enjoy them more if they are fermented, but one must be careful to avoid infection. To use any kind of manure, one must know how to give the right quantity. When I had rabbits at home, I used to fertigate both urine and poo. And I find additional means of adding Mg, more K, and Ca with them.
I am presently looking into its use as fertilizer. What are these additional means of adding Ca, Mg and K
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 22, 2019
PietraK:

Everyone is after survival. Nigeria is tough my brother. May God help us.

I commend you for encouraging gardening to promote healthy food. However, what every one in Agric section is after is how to make profit from farming.
It is wrong. Money should not be the motivation. It is why most fail. Passionate gardeners are always more successful than individuals who go into it because they cannot get job, or they get sacked and planning to use profit in farming do something else.

I enjoy working more with gardeners who want to do it for pleasure. If the individual wants it as a source of income, then, he needs to make up his mind on what to do, and do it well.

Will farming ever be profitable for the poor who cant afford the luxury of mechanized farming?

Is there wide market for micro greens, cabbage, kale and co even in rural areas?
Do you want to produce for the villagers? Can they buy your products? If you are motivated to produce for them, go for it. You know the right way to do it. Produce what they eat. Do they even eat cucumber?

Please keep providing information on how the "poor" can leverage on tricks, seed quality and hygienic practises to make profits without getting into bad debt.
Have you ever seen a successful program for the poor? Have you really worked with them? You will need to open a church or mosque and use religion control them. But do I need such? Nope. When you take them on a 40 days dry fast and vigil, you will see how loyal they are to you. You are funny.

Which trick do you want to give them? Are they on nairaland? 99.999% here like you said are hustlers. So, if anyone wants to produce for them and sell to them, the person is free. Which seed quality do you want me show them? They have local seeds they use. Go tell them to buy the cheapest seed around and see their reaction when they have free seeds they use.

But if you are from the city and you say you are poor, you should not enter agric if it's for profit in my opinion, especially if you are in SW. But if you are ready to do most activities yourself and not employ worker, or you just use workers for soil preparation, it's very ok.

As we all know, many Nigerians will even buy infected cucumber if that is what their money can afford. I am not in any way encouraging this but saying it for effect.

You have been promoting investments into farming and the only way for it to work out is to target the rich in urban areas.

What should be the fate of the poor farmers in rural areas who also have no rich customers to sell to but fellow low income earners and the poor majority.?
There is nothing like "used fruits and vegetables" in the business. The common man can buy 30 years old vehicle for transport business. But have you heard about "used food"?

You know the food they eat, the question is that do they eat vegetables? I hope you read the sections I referred someone to go cultivate cocoyam. Who even told you they want to buy from you? They produce what they eat. They use oil palm to eat cassava. Please, don't pretend you don't know.

I have thought of it many times and resolved to planting what people already buy such as Okro, a little of cucumber, garden egg, amaranth, pumpkin and exotic strawberry which is a fruit many will love and buy.
Why strawberry? Why Amaranth? I thought you are clamoring for cultivating food which can be sold in villages.

Can poor farmers in rural areas afford over a million naira to install a greenhouse to plant these same vegetables, sell to the same market and still make enough profits to make them rich?

That I don't know yet.

It's cutlass and hoes the individual will eventually use. Do you want Nigeria to get better? If you want, then, do you think solving the problems of the poor is what will make the economic grow?

The fate of the poor who is not willing to step out in faith is to die in that poverty. If fortune smiles on him, a charity program will reach him. And it is the fate of those waiting for government to bail them out.

The poor man is different from the common man. To produce for the common man is not cheap. It is even far more expensive than producing for the rich. To survive production for the common man means you must produce in large quantities to make it cheap. Another way is to avoid using irrigation like many other farmers, and face glut in market. But they don't mind. Hope you are getting it.

My first love was the common man, but I realised that it is a trap. The way out is to roll with, and produce for successful people at the initial stage. Then expand well and be rich so you can produce for the common man. Only people like Dangote can really say they can produce for the common man without teaming up with stakeholders in the business. How many plots do you want to use watery cans to irrigate?

Bro, okoro is not bad oooo. That's the truth. The guy has some na.sty smart tricks. This kind of nast.y is good. I will give you one. His method of application of manure so they can retain moisture is damn cra.zy but smart. But my thing with him is that he teaches people to be locked up in it. What about emphasizing people use it to raise money to set up well. He is lucky to have workers who can do these things. Ok. I will use his words. He cannot use furrow irrigation because he does not have access to the workers. I don't bother myself with irrigation challenges if working in the north. Very easy to find bulls to plough land, and guys who will make furrow irrigation at very affordable price. If he cannot use furrow, how does he expect SW farmers or his people to use his method well? Hustlers that cannot weed want to make his kind of holes. Go bring the boys from his side and hear the price they will take. Contract with even okoro for the boys and you will hear the price you are paying. What seems cheap eventually becomes extremely expensive. The poor guys there are doing it. What are the poor SW, SE, and SW doing? Riding bike. Collecting fees in parks. lol.

There is a way for the common men among us to break through. It's what UN is preaching. This is the style the Asians adopted. They must be unified. And this is what the Hausas are doing. 100 farmers team up and work together. They buy everything together, and get a truck to move their vegetables from the north to the south. And just one of two of the farmers follow the rented truck down. The rest are paid cash, or the cash sent into their accounts after sales. 100% trust. Try that in SW, SE, and SS. Do you know how many times I have brought people together. It takes a miracle to get a single harvest with such method in the south.

The last cooperative society I personally used my money to register, to set up, and to assist, what did I get in return? I was able to get the N70,000 application fee I paid later, and some minor expenses I made. I forgot about all hidden charges. At the end, is it not abuses they lashed on me because I refused to stand for them as a guarantor to get loans from government? They want me to do all. Be the manager on farm, be the one to source loans, work it out on paying, get workers, etc. While they just watch and smile. After my sole effort to get out and get a platform they can work on. Use my resources to travel round, to meet, discuss, negotiate on their behalf. And many things I want to forget.

I wish you luck if you are targeting the poor and common man. But I have them in mind. Let me be rich like Aliko, and I can start doing good for them. But for now, I have resolved to giving more arms to them. But never to approach them and try to empower them again. Except if there is a religious tool which can fine tune their brains.

"Las Las general overseer pistotita will soon have his congregation laboring on his farm someday" lol. But I choose to just get the cash and create something there and close my eyes to the method they are going to use to manage it. I know they are going to fight and even kill themselves because of it, and eventually destroy it. But what do we do? We keep doing it so they don't become rogues in our land.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Olaleyeabdullah:
I am presently looking into its use as fertilizer. What are these additional means of adding Ca, Mg and K

There are too many items you can pick from. Organic or inorganic. Do-it-yourself or you buy? Cheap or expensive? And many other decisions to make. You have to sit down and find the materials convenient for you. What I use may be expensive for you, and it's why most people attack me. We all have our styles of doing things. The end is what matters more.

What I can give you is what I have given you. I don't go about sourcing for nutrition for farmers. If you get some items and you need help, then, I may be of help. But for me to start teaching you to buy this here and there, I don't do it initially. But if I see the person is doing it, and needs further direction, I help. And I don't do such publicly. Not here to promote any seller.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2019
Pistotita:

There are too many items you can pick from. Organic or inorganic. Do-it-yourself or you buy? Cheap or expensive? And many other decisions to make. You have to sit down and find the materials convenient for you. What I use may be expensive for you, and it's why most people attack me. We all have our styles of doing things. The end is what matters more.

What I can give you is what I have given you. I don't go about sourcing for nutrition for farmers. If you get some items and you need help, then, I may be of help. But for me to start teaching you to buy this here and there, I don't do it initially. But if I see the person is doing it, and needs further direction, I help. And I don't do such publicly. Not here to promote any seller.
alright sir
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 24, 2019
Employing Farm Helping Hands

I received so many mails concerning the internship opportunities in my farm; unfortunately, I am too disappointed. What irritates me most is the applicant who begs. If I was stupid like such applicant, I wouldn't be where I am today, but hardwood, smartness, and grace took me to where I am.

Just one simple question. Why do you think I should employ You? Most people start telling me how "ba.dly" they need the job, and they end it with "Please, God will reward you". I have heard so many of such prayers, and 99.9% resulted to curses after 50 days.

Another funny issue. He doesn't have money. He gat no experience. Zero is coming from him, yet, the person wants to come and control people who do the job, and to cross legs on my farm. Poverty and laziness are going to kill many. Why can't I just get one person who is highly skilled and put casual workers under him to use on the farm.

Nigeria is really on a long journey.

Exotic Birds
If you can sell exotics day old birds, kindly reach out to me. Geese, Oscrichs, Parrots, etc. Also, if you can fling out minimum of 1,000 day old poults of imported Turkeys everyweek, get in touch too. Please, I dont need marketers who will start using the packs of other companies. I have a unique vision, and my rules must be 100% followed. Of course, I listen to suggestions. I dont work with dishonest people. And I don't roll with greedy marketers.

Pistotita19@gmail.com
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by myrates: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2019
Pistotita:

God bless you sir.

Bro, thank you. I hope they will not say these are pistotita. Thank you sir.
Jethro claiming holy has been arrested by EFCC according to her fb page Yinka Adeshola. People have been supporting her without getting facts of the petition against her. However, a reliable source confirmed she was involved in cluster farming investment scam. Details will soon be forwarded on social media to protect innocent people from falling victims of Jethro and her cohorts.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by myrates: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2019
Liftitupo:

You actually deserved what you got earlier. As a matter of fact, he is not moved by your words. Personally I begged him not to release powerful evidences of failed Jethro who keeps attacking everyone. It is true, many people talked to him about her. And after reading chats and emails from those people and what he planned to release in a new thread, the lady will bury her head in shame. But I waved in. I just pray the woman minds her business because I too realised no one actually trained successfully with her. Everything is lies. He really does not need validations because those who know him, know him. If you can read, if you say you have been there, you will understand. I am sure you are just telling lies. You are just here to destroy. It is becoming a gang.

Let me tell you one thing. Pistotita told me what he is after, and I saw it that he is very close to achieving it. I don't understand why he actually is still helping people. I cannot read offensive area. Infact, you got a very good reply. Look at someone who is asking for help, and read his tone. I had a good laugh after reading his response. I laughed so hard.

One area I told him was that a proper check at all his critics, he actually moved the conversation in a way you all actually respect him. You all acknowledge his teachings. Even you have just validated him. Anyone who can think knows that everything here is accurate. To me, you are just one of the trouble makers who has been there and will not leave the low level.

I know that many people follow him. So many have gained. If you use any seed he recommends, you are just on the right way. Many people have changed the kind of seeds they buy because of this thread.

You should be ready to take good care of yourself because you are the one who will be depressed if he starts with you. If you do not like his approach, why keep reading. Has he asked you for money? Did any member of your family or friends accused him of collecting money from you? A man who publicly slammed your money in your faces while others are begging. In fact, you talk nonsense with him, he refunds you fast if you ask him for seeds or anything. He doesn't waste time. I know him for that.

Please, shut him up by showing you have the financial capacity to learn 40 cucumber per plant. If you cannot, leave this thread. You are just embarrassing yourself.

Respect to Pistotita. I respect that man.
Jethro claiming holy has been arrested by EFCC according to her fb page Yinka Adeshola. People have been supporting her without getting facts of the petition against her. However, a reliable source confirmed she was involved in cluster farming investment scam. Details will soon be forwarded on social media to protect innocent people from falling victims of jethro and her cohorts.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by SocialJustice: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pistotita:

God bless you so much.

If I put my name online, I am sure EFCC would be my friend now because these people would have used my name 419 many people. The thing is that you will know it's me when you read my posts. Of course you will. I will
Good afternoon, sorry I quoted an unrelated post to my question.

Is it possible to make organic fertilizers in large scale to service a 1000ha farm for tree crop.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
2020 Dry Season farming has officially started
You should start preparing the first phase of your farmland area.

Farmers who cultivate for expats are in business. It is just good to consider others; else, my prayer would be that all borders should be permanently closed. This time has been extremely good with sales of vegetables and fruits. If FG can find a permanent solution to put "full stop" to smuggling, I will be one of the happiest. For this act of closing the borders, I give it to President Buhari. He is a real ex. general who is standing against against smugglers.

First seedlings transplanting should be done by the end of October to second week of November. We are marching forward daily.

I wish all farmers a fruitful 2020 dry season farming.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pistotita:
2020 Dry Season farming has officially started
You should start preparing the first phase of your farmland area.

Farmers who cultivate for expats are in business. It is just good to consider others; else, my prayer would be that all borders should be permanently closed. This time has been extremely good with sales of vegetables and fruits. If FG can find a permanent solution to put "full stop" to smuggling, I will be one of the happiest. For this act of closing the borders, I give it to President Buhari. He is a real ex. general who is standing against against smugglers.

First seedlings transplanting should be done by the end of October to second week of November. We are marching forward daily.

I wish all farmers a fruitful 2020 dry season farming.

For rural area farmers, what do you think can be cultivated for good profit?

Can we plant and transport to Lagos and other urban areas? Can you help with taking our produce or recommending a market?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
PietraK:

For rural area farmers, what do you think can be cultivated for good profit?

Can we plant and transport to Lagos and other urban areas? Can you help with taking our produce or recommending a market?

Most rural farmers cannot afford seeds I use. Also, it may be far for my people to go there, but anywhere in Ogun and Ibadan is still ok.

Right now, I have enough producers; however, if border is closed further, I am sure more requests will flow in. In such case, I will put the offer here. Anyone who can afford the seeds can join.

You can do slicing cucumber, but be very careful with November - April sales. 1 bag can crash to N1,500. You have the northerners to compete with if you bring to Lagos.

If you do proper market research, you will get market close to you. Even farmers in Akure, Ondo, Edo, etc sell cucumber easily in their areas.

Lastly, the only crop I have confident to cultivate even 10 ha is tomato. One can easily sell it. Though, price of tomato is volatile during dry season, but it is almost impossible to go bankrupt with it if production is ok. Of course, one will have slight sales challenge with most 50g to 70g fruits cultivars, and those are the ones common. The benchmarkis Roma which is 100g and above. If you can produce 150g per fruits above which is what I do, premium market is possible.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 26, 2019
Personally, I have tried to understand how people think, but it quite funny.

While the Dutch are mainly greenhouse farmers and prospering, our people still want to die under the sun. Please, leave veggie and go into cocoyam farming.

Seeds and our clinate
Holland is not as hot as Nigeria; therefore, seeds from the region are mainly for its region. You should patronize 1, companies that are in tropical climate, or 2, companies that set up research centers in tropical African countries.

Nigeria is messing up
15 years ago, Nigeria is the first option for anything called development in Agrica, but South Africa has taken over. Most companies even prefer east Africans to West Africans. But it's not too late. Nigeria is still the giant of Africa. Even Bill Gate knows it, but we just need to readjust fast. If these companies set up research centers in Nigeria, seeds will be cheaper.

For now, let's import, but we are still making huge profit
The mistake "stingy" farmers make is that they always go for cheap seeds. It was war before they moved from opv to hybrid. And it is war for them to buy 40 cukes per plant, and it's why it is impossible in their eyes. Poverty! Get behind me. Get far away from me.

The advantage the rich farmer has over poor is that he thinks ahead. And he will continue getting richer. These seeds are not meant for tropical climate; therefore, we use greenhouse to control climate. Right now, I am even using open field to grow some. You should construct your structure, or set up your open field farm so that you can achieve optimum condition for your seed. Don't just buy any structure or equipment. There are too many ovens out there.

And you still insist on setting up far away in the bush, good luck to you. I will be polite here with such farmers, but it's outright stubborness. Such farmers have read the conditions here, but they want to force it. I believe such farner is testing my temperament, or has a hidden agenda. Otherwise, why such stubborness? They even want to use illiterates to use modern equipment. Even farmers don't understand measuring salt concentration in solutions, and I was shocked when many were asking me questions concerning what I posted on the first page of this thread. And they don't want to. What they want is 3 grams per hole messurement. Even you give them that, how many of them can measure it accurately? How many use digital scale? Chai!

Poverty has set many people backward. It's holding many down. And they aren't ready to move forward.

One person digs 1,000 holes in the farm in a day. Thats too much much. Of course, it's OK when you do it the first time, second, or even third to raise money. But you continue doing that, ha! Poverty mentality will not kill you. Technology is there, you decide not to use it, but making so called 6 digits on a plot. It's really nice. And that's what many are running after. May we use our brains in the right direction.

What is Agricultural practicals to you?
Please, answer the question above. To many it is using cutlass and hoes. It is wearing dirty clothes in the forest. That's the image impressed in the mind of many. Very backward people. What about really learning theory well? Without theory, there is no practical. And you push questions to this person educating you, and he answers them, yet you want to just destroy his messages because you cannot comprehend it. Why? You don't see yourself setting it up because Mr. Poverty has build a castle in your mind. Chai! My God will deliver you. And if you refuse deliverance, you will be poor and sad for the rest of your life.

And it is so hard to remove ugly pictures from minds. It is hard. But I have interacted with some smart guys who read my thread, and the are able look ahead. A backward man will always be a backward man. To Google is even a problem to many, so I don't know how such farmer can use his brain to improvise my teachings here. You must be able to use your brain, if not, you pay heavily to get it done on your farm. You don't have brain, and you don't have money, oh boy....you will go hungry ooo. For sure, you will be a poor farmer.

If you understand the kind of profit shoprite and other groceries are making at this time the border is closed, you will just want to set up like them. Why? All smugglers are crushed. And I am gaining too. Now, I am stepping up the game. This period has opened doors. The almighty marketers who used to do me "yanga" have been humbled. One of them was almost weeping yesterday when I met him, and he was begging me to find solution if I can. His business has been crumbled. The only way to move in apple and other fruits is via air and thats why those traders arent affected. Lol. But vegetable is a mess. Chicken is a mess.

We are marching forward. Very soon, we will cover large area of land that marketers will start patronizing Nigerian farmers.

Please, I plead with you all, do not move ahead either me. Keep to your old styles. Please, I plead with you. Keep to that and continue struggling with the hausas who are using OPVs.

I am trying to see how cucumber market will be in dry season in Lagos this year. I suggest farmers look for local markets. Cucumber is getting popular even in rural areas. If you decide to attack me because you are poor, heaven will keep opening doors for me because of it. I don't wish anyone of you guys bad. Get out of your poor thinking style.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by cucumbarfarm(f): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Am a farmer and I deal in large supplies of cucumber at affordable and pocket friendly price. Call 08068409992 or 08111370376 for bookings
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 04, 2019
More Hidden Treasures
Someone asked me about green beans recently. With the border closed, more opportunities should come out of it. Greenhouse owners should think about perfecting their skills on green peas. Green peas is actually better, but harder to produce. Start thinking about how to reduce temperature during the day to cultivate more profitable crops. While doing that, remember that you will need to fight fungi more. And that is what you cannot do without the right greenhouse structure. Don't go buy cancer products. I repeat, don't kill yourself because you are trying to cut the cost.

Marketing RedTapes
What I notice is that if you don't have your personal car to move around, you are seriously limited. You have boxed yourself to a corner. And this is what is affecting many farmers. No wonder they find marketing so hard, and they continuously depend on agents. And they will never get out of that horrible situation. It even becomes harder when your farm is in the bush. Honestly, you are already an excellent loser. So, you can see that the poor is really going to get poorer. You must fight poverty.

Look at your mentor. Look at his or her standard of living. Is that what you want? Look at your mentor - still using 1800 techniques...is that what you want for yourself? Think about it. You have not in your life purchased a car, and you are shouting Agric is the way out. So its cutlasses and hoes that will get you out. I am sorry for your life.

I am proud to say I am a proud man. Lol. When you are comfortable financially, you have confidence. That confidence is what intimates others, and they say you are proud. You better be proud than be poor. I reject pove.rty.

In fact, I have written it here. Slicing cucumber is not profitable like they claim here. Only someone who knows the ins and outs that will scale through. When I started it, the profit was huge. Nairalanders have bast.ardized it. Anything that is easy for the poor man to enter should be a "NO" for any successful man. Do it when the poor man is not aware of it. As soon as he is aware, get out of the business; else, he will pull you down. He is a slave of agents. Agents control him. Anyone sales agents control can not be successful. It's why you read about their crying stories here.

Crack the loopholes in Market
Any farmer who comes here for sales offers is not going to be successful. No successful man will reveal his marketing secrets to you. Have you ever heard where Dangote, Otedola, Gates, etc reveal their secrets? You are a fo.ool if you think I will reveal mine. But I am giving you tips you can use to develop yours.

Stay away from the mentor who does not know about marketing
It's obvious that it's the reason the fellow is poor. You can use such person and pay him or her off. But never accept such person as your mentor. You can do better if you can crack sensitive areas about the crops you are interested in. Like I always say, if you depend on Cotonou, Togo, Benue, Hausas, etc boys as workers, you are in for a serious heart breaking business if you aren't on farm 24/7. Bad workers aren't good for any business. You better think towards using technology. And if you don't have the money, move to "Celebrities" section on nairaland, and start discussing BBNaija, Tacha, Mercy, Davido, Tonto, etc. You have no business with Agricultural section.

If you like, come and attack me again. You are on your own. You have been using these set of workers for how many years? What have you achieved? And you cannot think deeply. You blamed Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua, Jonathan, and now blaming Buhari. And this Buhari has just opened doors for many farmers with the border closure. Your children are smuggling goods to Nigeria, but you are a red tape for many farmers on nairaland because you have years of experience in unprofitable farming, and participating in baseless debates. You will die in poverty. And your followers are fo.ols. check them out very well, they are all poor and extremely noisy. Nothing in their heads. Yet they always claim 99 years farming experience. Lol.

I have been so busy recently, but this week, I have started sending messages to encourage many on my list. And to reply all messages I couldn't reply. You are not my competitor in any way. What we are doing is to provide healthy food on the table of Nigerians, and not kill them with chemicals. You will face God one day for your love of money which is the root of that evi.l in you. You are ev.il if you don't use chemicals in the right way.

Let us keep doing good.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by myrates: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
Pistotita:

The only point I will answer you is that I am travelling abroad to really rest. Hope you read my thread from the beginning. I am happy to know you are following me bumper to bumper. Learning secretly, but criticizing publicly.

From my observation, it is extremely hard to teach farmers. It's why you aren't getting it right. Many people reach out to me evertime they get hooked. Someone said he always practises what I write some months ago. And I told him to send me his formular. He sent me Haifa page. I laughed. And then, I interpreted what was written online and where he missed it. He had a good laugh too. The next time he wrote me, he started praying for me. I prefer working with fresh people with zero farming experience, but if I see a teachable farmer, I grab the fellow. And these teacheable farmers can attestate to my willingness to learn. I am always ready to learn. I ask questions. One was shocked when I turned the chat around, and I was the one hunting for answers. Lol.

Oga, do you want me to publish prayers in my email here? You cannot interprete my thread. That's your challenge. And you did not for a day contact me to ask me questions, yet you are criticising me. Please, don't ever contact me cos I see you are full of problems. Better you stay off, and dont injure yourself. All issues you raised have been answered if you are smart. I don't know you, and I don't want to. You should mind your business in your threads. And buying greenhouses is no problem for me anytime. When I return, enough will be bought. As a matter of fact, I am setting up one or two for interns. Only I know why I sold them. And the people who bought know why they bought. If you are smart, you should ask yourself why I can easily sell out greenhouses in an environment people don't want to buy. Have you not been reading about sellers who advertise here for many months, or even years? Smartness is good. Foolis.hness exposes one, and it is so embarrassing. The funny thing is that foo.lish people are too bold and they just expose themselves, showing their ignorancy and weaknesses, and they still aren't aware of their flaws. They just wonder why they are not making it. At a stage, they turn to pastors, Imams, and traditionalists. When that fails (will definitely fail), they start attacking succesful people. Just pray you don't fall sick, or get what is beyond you.

If you are one of those after me with spams, hacks, stop it, or your days are numbered. I have a superb security which anyone of you cannot penetrate. You should be careful who you attack. I am not the kind. If you force me, you will not like what you will get. And if you stylishly send someone to understudy me,....the more you look, the less you see. I am nasty with attacks. Stay clear off my threads. I have warned you enough. The next time you write rubbish on my thread, I will make sure you get what you really deserve. I have warned you. My moniker is here to stay permanently. Your hacks and spams cannot move me again. And I will dish you all what you deserve publicly here. All manipulators here on nairaland will be dealt with. Just stay off my posts if you love yourself; else, you will injure yourself.

The main area you lack is marketing. If you really know marketing, and you enter it, you will be ashamed of all you have been writing. If you don't desist from attacking me, I will start publishing monikers of the so called people who trained in that your bush, but still retrained themselves. I don't attack people, but if you force me, my attack is dangerous. Like I said, I don't know you, I don't want to know you, and I don't pray to know you. And I will go to all your threads and start rubbishing your errors and mistakes which people think are good farming practices. Stay clear off me. You are warned.

And I hope you read testimonies on my thread. When I preach micro nutrients and many other foliar sprays instead of the rubbish sold by marketers who are attacking me, they said I am a liar. See, big boys and ladies in farming who can afford and have tested my procedures are testifying to them. You read the last one. Even people who started many years after you are now doing very well. While you are here criticizing, two young graduates and many more got burpless seeds to tap into the opportunity recently. I have been assisting for the past 3 months selling products for these people. And they are smiling. They are just lucky cos I am not in the game now. I don't sell for people, and those who know me well are even surprised and shocked. But what can I do? When my contacts are suffering. When people like you cannot give them quality and be consistent. I hope you read the section I wrote, it will be for a year.

Also, the person who is supervising the interns was even not happy that I am releasing these links. He told me himself that he was wary about it, but he asked me how to market. I Gave Him tips. When he got the market for foreign cucumber, he ran back to me. You are funny. If I tell you the number of people that have seen the secret, you will bend your head in shame.

Look, instead of you to sit down, return to the drawing board, and learn, you are attacking. Continue staying in that your bush when you are capable of learning modern methods, and continue relying on N30,000 from your trainings. I am not like that. I can learn from anyone.

Someone sent me the picture of one miserable greenhouse you constructed. Damn! How could you use sacks to cover a greenhouse? Are you sure you are ok? And you published that rub.bis.h online? Are you that poor mentally and financially? Well, I pity people patronizing you. And your ebook, I pity those who buy it. If tomato and pepper is what you preach there, but you have not got to the stage that you cannot see clearly the real deal in these crops, what the he.ck did you print in that ebook? And "mu.m.us" buy it?

If you don't know about modern veggie farming, return to cocoyam and cassava. I pity people who even train under you. I don't understand how they open their eyes with what you write, and still think they can learn. I don't sell books. I work with brains. I have warned you enough. That you are miserable and cannot breakthrough does not mean someone else is not doing well. And you cannot use force or "brain" on me to show you the way. If you want to get it, you must be smart enough to decode the gems in this thread. If you cannot identify them, that's the reason you are where you are. You are farming vegetables and staying in a far long distance to where people buy them. Which kind of approach is that? After all, you have locked yourself in a corner where marketers will exploit you, and you are forced to go to open market to sell to common people. If you are wise, the solution to your challenges are in this post. You better stay in your bush and mind your business. While it may look nasty, if you don't allow your emotions get over you, the solutions are embedded in this post. I feel sorry that you are lost in the game. But just open your eyes and mind to this post. But if you return to make unnecessary noise, you will be shocked what you will get. I don't brag, but if you know how much people pay me this year to get them in my tomato program, just one individual's payment will buy all the tomato ebook sales you are selling. That is if you even cross 5 digits, not to talk of 6 or 7. And I didn't even want to do the program this year. lol..

Keep showing your flaws thinking you are attacking me. You are only destroying your own business. Training sales is down, right? You better step up your game.

While you ask them pay you on your farms, I am asking them to come learn, and I pay them. Can you see the difference? If veggie is not making cash for me, why will I put in my money again? Can you ever open farms for interns? Is it not training in the bush you do?

While you are criticizing me that I employed interns, three people blessed me with prayers. I hope those who chatted with me can see the reasons I don't want to render such help. When you step up to assist, demons will rise to always fight. And I seem not to understand why. Did I ever attack you for assisting people if you ever did?

Serioulsy. What can we do again? I did not open farm, they complained. I did not invite them to farms, they complained. Now, I want to open a farm, and invite people to learn, they are still complaining. What the hec.k? Ha! Nigeria is in real trouble.

Readers, please let's ignore this one who is only after collecting training money from the bush. Lets just ignore the rants. This one is not humble enough to ask for help publicly, but hoping I am going to be forced to a situation I will throw open public invitation for excursion to my place so they can come steal ideas. Even I do it, they cant get it. Its about what is inside the brain, and not looking for where to become Ranx Xerox copying people about....lol. If you think I will publish details of my sales, my farms, my marketing moves, etc. to prove you wrong, you are still going on a long journey. So, buckle up with all your energy to attack me. You are getting no access to me, my interns, and to my farm.

I assure you that there is still room for people to patronize your training business as long as you deliver. Are you afraid no one will pay you for training anymore?

Readers, kindly ignore this one.
Jethro2's strategy is to collect training fee from unsuspecting participants and put them through farm labour on her farm without pay while the participants still cater for their own feeding and transportation to her farm with unfulfilled promise to get them jobs after three months of training. This lady even had a case of unaccounted cooperative funds at Abeokuta before relocating to Ago amodu when the situation became unbearable. I wish you could publish the moniker of those that went through training with her. Most of them if not all must have had very unpleasant experiences at her farm. Information about her shady activities is gathering momentum and a comprehensive details shall be brought to public notice soon.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 10, 2019
myrates:
Jethro2's strategy is to collect training fee from unsuspecting participants and put them through farm labour on her farm without pay while the participants still cater for their own feeding and transportation to her farm with unfulfilled promise to get them jobs after three months of training. This lady even had a case of unaccounted cooperative funds at Abeokuta before relocating to Ago amodu when the situation became unbearable. I wish you could publish the moniker of those that went through training with her. Most of them if not all must have had very unpleasant experiences at her farm. Information about her shady activities is gathering momentum and a comprehensive details shall be brought to public notice soon.

One issue about me is that I fight my battles without blowing them open on social media. Also, nairaland and most of its mods are notoriously known as "unconcerned" and "nonchallant" bunch of group of people. You can imagine how nairaland made it look like invictus' (Mr. Okeke's) moniker here on nairaland was the reason he was nabbed. Funny, there was one Okeke who tried so hard to pull me down, to get something to use to blackmail me, and I simply played along till I crushed the fellow. Nairaland is a dangerous weapon in the hands of scammers, open your details at your own peril while using it. And the owner does not care. He is certainly unconcerned as long as he is making his money.

Most people are cowards. Are these people who went to her farm not on nairaland? If I need to take a drastic step, I know how to go about it. So far, Jethro2 is a toothless bulldog who has tried many times to pull me down, but will continue to be an impossible mission for her. It's God's gift and grace I am enjoying.

Has she ever come clean openly to tell the story behind the unsuccessful deals and farms of hers? The periods you hear about them are when someone bursts her "bubbles" opened. Yet, she is always the first to attack others here. She is the first to warn against cluster farming, and she even did it last year 2018. I find such character really amazing manipulative. This is her style: "Guys, be careful if these people who are collecting money from you.....they are dubious." And the same person went ahead to collect money again in 2018 from many farmers. Is this not what she is telling people not to fall for? She would be the first to be here to scream at failed project. And what did she do about hers? Mind you that's not the first time, and not even the second. And she always finds a way to start going on long epistles. Lol. It's when there is trouble she starts navigating her way out. Oh! I guess she met people who are smarter than her this time. Instead of her to admit her mistake, and meet these people to plan a better way forward, she always wants to be the holy one lol.

There was one time I brought people together and not that I needed their money (intact, I spent even more than all of them), and that's why they cannot say rubbish when the project fumbled because I resigned before my image was tarnished. And the debts I incurred which I talked about even here, I have paid back almost all. One issue with me is that I work only with farmers. But as I am standing today, never will I ever bring people together again to work together Never. I that used my personal fund to register officially cooperative organisation. You can imagine.....most members wanted me to get loans for them and be responsible for them. I felt I could show them that by first investing my funds they can reason to all try and do something since most said they want to be farmers. But I was wrong, they weren't interested in going to farm. They just wanted to invest, and wanted me do all. Only few very willing to work. Well, nothing wrong in finding such kind of investment vehicle, but I need farmers. But right now, I dont even want farmers. I have learned to set up alone, and climb the ladder of success slowly as far as it's with Nigerians. I can employ employ farmers, but never ask them as partners again. Never and never. The organisation I mentioned about crumbled after my resignation totally. I was the one pulling it then. And believe me, if my of those people had cooperated, we would have had big farms making huge profits today. I told them my vision, I want to bring in ideas, and find people to implement them with, but they want me to be ob farms for them, labouring for them, while they watch from far. When one of the exco started working against me, ....hmmm... I knew my time was up. And that failed project affected me and many other things I was suppose to it.

Doing business is inevitable if one must be able to pay his bills. I still transact businesses with people, but never on nairaland or do any cluser farming. Never and never. I repeat never. Some guys even asked me to support them technically, but I backed out as soon as I realised its cluster farming.

What baffles me about Jethro2 is she is an individual who uses social media to attack anyone she thinks is her competitor. But I am not her competitor. In fact, I am not in anyway close to what she does. And her business still doesn't concern me. I assisted few farmers to sell their products, she is always using people to try sell hers. I render more free trainings and always stay long with people online without collecting one kobo, she is always collecting money (of course nothing bad in engaging in paid training sessions). You are right that she uses her trainees as workers on her farm, but whose business is that? Didn't the trainees know that they are going to be slaves on her farm. Shouldn't new trainees investigate properly before enrolling in her bush training? When I was writing about going to the Bush for such trainings, why cant they tell their stories here. They are cowards, and that's their headache. If I need people from those who contacted me, I certainly know how to go about it.

I have been invited many times to speak in workshops and conferences, but I always decline. The last invitation was from a reputable private university which mandate is more focused on improving the agricultural sector, but I declined the IV from the vice president of the university alumni. I told him that he should call me to participate in a very big project on farm and not workshops. I dont do public stunts and "notice me" interviews. Invite me as a strategist to cultivation of 10,000 ha of vegetable/grains/tubers farm. Yeah! I will honor it. Not that you come do documentary of my small farm and start using it as stunts. No way!

Great minds dont need social media to sell themselves. Jesus refrained from the public, but he was chased down to his hidden locations. I dont need the help of any television or "arranged" interview to boast my reputation. And I dont go fight for people who are not willing to fight for themselves like the ones who felt cheated while dealing with her.

You dont want to know why I went off radar and disconnected myself from nairaland previously. This is a land of scamming activities, nairaland is. And the mods are super inefficient. But I needed to return to do what I do best.

I wish everyone with EFCC case with her goodluck. I dont want to get involved with what is not my business. The law should take charge. If she is innocent, I pray she is set free. And she learns to mind her business, and not attack everyone who she sees as her competitor. And she should learn to not be too bold to just give some stu.pid details about her private life away on the internet like an unguarded being. Her mouth is loosed. Her tongue is too fast. And her fingers are dangerously faster than her brain when using nairaland.

Please, I respectfully ask you to leave me out of her business. I don't go pull down people. When her cup is over filled, she will be disgraced at the right time if she doesn't change. And if she allows me face her if she doesn't desist from her nasty attacks on my person, she will not like what she will get.

https://www.nairaland.com/5436877/nairalander-jethro2-yinka-adeshola-arrested
I believe your thread is already doing what you want it to do. If she is innocent, I pray she comes out of it shining.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Please, I respectfully ask you to leave me out of her business. I don't go pull down people. When her cup is over filled, she will be disgraced at the right time if she doesn't change. And if she allows me face her if she doesn't desist from her nasty attacks on my person, she will not like what she will get.

God bless you for this response. I wonder why he keeps reporting on this thread.

His action will only give people the impression that Pistotita is behind the whole thing but thank God you have addressed it in the most appropriate way possible
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
ifedola28:

God bless you for this response. I wonder why he keeps reporting on this thread.

His action will only give people the impression that Pistotita is behind the whole thing but thank God you have addressed it in the most appropriate way possible

I pray she gets out of it shining if she has good intentions.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 12, 2019
Where are the cucumber farmers making mouth in June

If you follow me very well, I have written it here that the Nigerian rain pattern has changed. Now, we gat real rain in most parts of Nigeria except Lagos/parts of Ogun close to Lagos, and let us start asking nairaland mentors grin Where are their cucumbers? Team Ridomil + SAAF every 3 days, how market?

Ok. Its okra which I showed you all here you are presently cultivating. We will soon start hearing stories. Just wait and see. Ha ha! Is it not okra?

If you want to start veggie business, and you want to be successful, listen to the voice of the one who is telling you the truth. If you follow those hard ways and you aren't grounded in the game, you will only enrich workers and consultants. You don't have the power to till the ground, you don't have the energy to weed, and you don't have the time to stay on farm 24/7, yet you want to do it like that person who is always monitoring these boys. Also you want to depend on a farmer who is looking for a way out. If he is successful, do you think he will be interested in working for you? You all better start using your head and not let profit these people calculated for you blind your ability to reason. Anyway, most are too greedy. No matter how you caution them, they always play into the hands of smarter one.

Cucumber farmers I hope you are all enjoying downy mildew diseases on your farms. And I hope your saaf with ridomil are effective grin
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Lanjonath(m): 8:13am On Oct 12, 2019
Pistotita:
Where are the cucumber farmers making mouth in June

If you follow me very well, I have written it here that the Nigerian rain pattern has changed. Now, we gat real rain in most parts of Nigeria except Lagos/parts of Ogun close to Lagos, and let us start asking nairaland mentors grin Where are their cucumbers? Team Ridomil + SAAF every 3 days, how market?

Ok. Its okra which I showed you all here you are presently cultivating. We will soon start hearing stories. Just wait and see. Ha ha! Is it not okra?

If you want to start veggie business, and you want to be successful, listen to the voice of the one who is telling you the truth. If you follow those hard ways and you aren't grounded in the game, you will only enrich workers and consultants. You don't have the power to till the ground, you don't have the energy to weed, and you don't have the time to stay on farm 24/7, yet you want to do it like that person who is always monitoring these boys. Also you want to depend on a farmer who is looking for a way out. If he is successful, do you think he will be interested in working for you? You all better start using your head and not let profit these people calculated for you blind your ability to reason. Anyway, most are too greedy. No matter how you caution them, they always play into the hands of smarter one.

Cucumber farmers I hope you are all enjoying downy mildew diseases on your farms. And I hope your saaf with ridomil are effective grin

What's the best way to combat DM sir

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2019
Lanjonath:

What's the best way to combat DM sir

Stress Management in Plants
The way animals and humans manage stress is how plants should be handled. Stress is the main reason diseases defeat plants easily because the immune system had been compromised.

Chemicals don't build up immunity; rather, they destroy it. Its why those who bombard plants with chemicals always lose the battle.

Adults who eat healthily when they were toddlers are at advantage. Eating healthily is not the same as eating expensively. Even a child in AJ city can eat more nutritious food than the one in Bourdillon. Always feed your plants more free diseases organic nutrients than spraying chemicals. There is an approach to spraying chemicals on seedlings and young plants.

Good microorganisms are always the answer. When you know about this subject, you know what to feed your plants. They are in our own digestive track, while they are in the soil for plants.

Only use chemicals at critical times just like humans should use antibiotics only when absolutely necessary. But these days, any slight symptom, we take ciprofloxacin.

Of course, during rainy season, fungicides usage is unavoidable, but what you do prior to rain stress, and how to control rain stress matter so much. There are chemicals that if I give you, "dem no born DM well". It must varnish. Who born am? But I cannot mention such here. Never. Why? There are procedures which must be adhered to prior to introducing them. And withdrawal is very essential. Some of these products are just entering Nigerian market and many are still not around. I am.begining to deviate from the ones entering Nigerian market because I know that they will not work again very soon since farmers will abuse them and DM spores will easily develop resistant to them. Pardon me not to mention any chemical. I feel comfortable discussing building strong immune system more. And the products I recommended on my thread are the way forward.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by BRATISLAVA: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2019
I wonder when people will produce organic crop. The use of fertilizers causes a build up of toxins in the consumers! And they don't care! People get cancer from these things! It's only about the profit! Even the antibiotic resistance caused by giving everything antibiotics is getting out of hand. This is why I have decided to grow certain things myself organically. No intercropping, just dangerous mono cropping with chemicals, chemicals chemicals. I remember using marigolds as a repellent to pests, but nowadays yield over powers soil and produce toxicity. Sorry to derail. Please teach them organic plant growth.
Pistotita:

There are chemicals I can list out here, and you might be turned back if you are lucky. If unlucky, you will be arrested on the spot if you don't go with good refferal. And I cannot list such here. No matter how we hide here, if DSS wants to search you out they will. It is why I don't do it. I have said it many times. I must know the person very well. Or if I know the person's ability of handling some powerful stuff, I don't hold back. For what? What I have is enough to feed me. Is it anyone's domain that will entice me?

Organic is better to discuss freely online
I am ready to pull out 100% organic styles and secrets, but no one is ready for such here. No one is ready here. Organic is mix farming. That's it, and one must combine different crops and animals. Is it the farners who are mono crop focused that will listen? I do not mind 50 - 50 (organic - inorganic). But the culture of prescribing chemicals online is 100% wrong. Perhaps, we have a section where the general public and only registered farmers that nairaland have verified have access to such section, then, we can share deep secrets. No control on nairaland.

For example, I cried fast when I saw people prescribing active ingredient used for diabetic patients. And I know that stuff stay in the crop for 3 months or more. If you use such chemicals, I know a brand made from it says produce must be dried corn, so that the crop stays longer to wash away the chemicals from the system of the plants completely before harvesting. Also, there are expensive ones in natural form that wash away very strong chemicals fom plants' system which farmers must use like a week after using very strong chemicals. But farmers will ignore using them. There are some chemicals you guys mentioned recently which are regarded as steriods which only professionals should handle. Nigeria is just a bad nation. And the company bringing in some of these stuff is known to produce fake products. If you want to know, just ask any good farmer the brand such good farmer will never use. You will get the answer very fast. But Nigeria is not checking it at all. You cannot find these active ingredients being mentioned in public forums in abroad. I know the implications, and that is why I am shouting hard. I have seen too much. Anyone who wants to go deep and have access to these stuff should go and get license from the Ministry of Agric. Is it the farmers here who cannot buy drip you tell to go take some license? "A beg bro", don't put me in trouble.

You guys should do charity more
I am a cheerful giver, and I know it is a gift. People do not give naturally. But I love giving. My brother, if you call my cautioning shades, sorry for that. But you never talked to me privately. Have you? And if I don't want to give it out even here, it means I must know the standard of the person, and his personality. I don't need to meet anyone but I know how to evaluate everyone after a period of time. When you go out to hospitals and you visit the Oncology section, you will do more than me. When you see real pain. Go talk to anyone undergoing Chemo Therapy, and then you too will get my points. It is bad. Cancer is the worst pain inflicted on human. It is terrible, and the pain cannot be expressed. The treatment is even more painful. It is not cancer that pulls hair off the head, but the harsh, powerful and highly potent chemicals used for chemo..It is bad. The worst pain on any one. It is in the same category with torturing one by ripping off nails from someone. You know how is psinful, chemo is in the same category..When they say someone beats cancer, haaaaaaa! The person went to the bottom of hell, and returned. So, saying cancer relapse or whatever is not what should happen to anyone. And you just start hearing the patient telling loved ones to just pray for him/her to pass away smoothly. Even those in last stage don't feel the pain of cancer treatment cos they are relieved with pain killers till they pass away smoothly.

You want to bet how much I have learned from people? "Pistotita, have you heard about bla bla bla ba? No oooo. The guy laughed. You can't know all. And he gave me papers to read. I was shocked with the evidences I saw there. Afrerwards, he said, no go blow this one on top nairaland ooooo." Lol. That is to tell you how much info I dish out.

I know I am one of the people who blew cucumber here in details. The first was Jasper7. The guy tore cucumber into pieces by encouraging all, but before him, I saw just few people esp seed sellers flexing muscles here. Then, training people came afterwards. Not saying anyone should not sell or train (I do it too), but I know I give out info, and my conscience is clear. But chemicals and advance stuff, I will not give out publicly until I know the person very well.

I have written about how I was talking to someone and he was the one who told me that ONSA banned common urea at a time. LoL. What are we saying?

How did farmers and traders know about the deadly chemical cancer giver they use to ripen fruits? How did warehouse owners start using deadly chemicals to preserve beans and other grains to the extent our beans was rejected IN Europe one time? There are chemicals I will tell you to use, and ask you leave the house for good 2 days and like a week for full precaution. Everything living in that house will die before you return. I mean every damn thing. If a single human soul spend time there and breath in the air.....hahaha..the person is gone too. That's the kind of chemical some people use to control rats in their warehouses, and they wrap it in huge number of clothes to reduce its potency. What a risky activity.

There was a year people died when they ate mango and garri together. And the rumour was don't eat mango and garrri. Lol. But the truth was that deadly poison were used to ripen or preserve the mangos.

Far from me to write about steriods, chemicals, and nutrients used by professionals on forum that I know local farmers use the prescription here. You can imagine, you prescribe to a farmer here, and he returns to ask you how many grams per knapsack? WTH (What The Heck is that?). Releasing chemical into the hands of someone who cannot read and follow instructions on the products?

If you read my words well, you definitely will know what I hid in my words. Someone said my words are light unto his path as they are always crystal clear to anyone who can think deeply, or who really is a farmer. My words point you to where to go, what to do, and how to do them. My words are not empty words. Just like how the spectator who has never been to open market to know about prices of cucumber will find them all mystery, but you decoded them fast, is the way good and observing farmers easily decode my words. Crystal clear to those who have been looking for the path to follow.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
I wonder when people will produce organic crop. The use of fertilizers causes a build up of toxins in the consumers! And they don't care! People get cancer from these things! It's only about the profit! Even the antibiotic resistance caused by giving everything antibiotics is getting out of hand. This is why I have decided to grow certain things myself organically. No intercropping, just dangerous mono cropping with chemicals, chemicals chemicals. I remember using marigolds as a repellent to pests, but nowadays yield over powers soil and produce toxicity. Sorry to derail. Please teach them organic plant growth.

You aren't derailing it. In fact, my thread was derailed a long time ago, and I eventually abandoned the initial intent.

1. Farmers believe large area land farming is working effectively.
2. It is difficult to source for sufficient manure for large area.

Therefore, using chemical is the way out for them.

But I have been trying to let them know that there are areas they go into on smaller plots of land and work very smart. No way. One suggestted installing domestic boreholes on every 1 acre in the farm. Lol. And that he read somewhere that 9 different kinds of crops must be on a particular area before the first one can be planted again. Can you imagine such misinformation? And this fellow has been attacking me ever since. Can you imagine how an adult is displaying illiteracy aggressively in the public?

Also, most are not ready to be versatile. To do organic, it seems one must find a way of producing his nutrients. These farmers here are not ready.

I have been thinking on the way forward, and I may open threads on poultry. I am trying to raise Turkey, broilers, layers, rabbits, and even Ostrichs. So, gradually, more people can be encouraged. And I want to cover hatchery to the end consumers. And then possibly link it with vegetable. It involves a project I will inject huge investment in.

Here is my point. If these vegetable farmers do not want to change, I will change tactics. When poultry farmers start seeing what their wastes can achieve, they will enter the business. So, we will leave these chemical farmers behind. And gradually, we try to make poultry and fish farmers use less anti biotic too if they do not want to do 100% organic.

I am researching the market vigorously. And very soon, I will launch something very unique. The opportunities in poultry is massive. I realised that there are secret huge profit in it. And guess what? There are good brains who I met on this Nairaland. Brilliant minds that are open minded. There is one who surprised me most. This guy is here. I believe his poultry experience is what shaped him. A man who is rounding up masters degree in an engineering course told me that he is ready to work free in exchange for knowledge. A man who sponsored himself for this master degree who has used his own money to buy a car. A man who knows the A to Z of poultry wants to just learn veggie by all means. And he told me that he learned poultry from his Uncle like this. Today, he is using the knowledge to do greater things. I laughed, and I told him that he will be paid when I get started. The more he makes progress the more he is going to earn. And he has my blessing to leave when he is ready. He should just be kind enough to give me enough time to find someone to replace him. Or better he trains someone to take over from him when he is ready to leave. My brother, these veggie farmers here are sharks. They are too forward in everything. Not saying anyone auld come work with me, but they dont even know how to hide it that they want to take and leave. That is how terrible the situation is now. Very poor attitude. I know my way to get to this stage I am today.

I keep saying it, I do not mind paying N500,000 salary. Nut if you must get it, be ready to give me the same quality oil company workers who earn such give their companies. If you want to earn N800,000 per month, you better be ready. Why? I dont know how to hide knowledge. It is hard for me. Why? What I am even teaching you I have gone 10 steps ahead. You will struggle to catch up with me because I am a man after knowledge. And if you want to catch up with me, no problem. We will see. Lol. So, you that is earning N40,000 on my farm today can earn N300,000 in less than a year. Just be innovative and be productive. Go out of your way to make research and buzz me online. I am a man after knowledge. Convince me that this will work, and show me you can get the job down. I will pull resources down your way. By God's grace, I have the capability of raising good cash. But convince me. Nope. They are all Rank Xerox machine. Bros, 9ice has sang it....Is photocopying easy? E no eeeeeassssyyyyy!

I used to have 5 guys in my marketing team that are good. 4 of them are older than me. In fact the day they met me the first time, they were astonished. Today, all of them are in Canada. When I saw the rate at which these guys were going, I made every Thursday our brainstorming sessions. I started with Harvard University papers. I would send the papers a week ahead, they all read and start racking their brains. Then, brainstorming started. We would start discharging. By the time we finished each session, these guy would have been familiar with the strategies in the paper. Then, the next step is that they would bring power point presentation to convince me how they could use some of the strategies to penetrate our market here. Believe me! These guys would knock me off my chair with ideas I could never think of. I would look at them, and I would shake it that how manage these ones could think like this, and operate in a poor environment like W.Africa. They would improvise for the market here. When I could not take it any longer, I told all of them it was time to leave for the US or Canada. That was how they all left for Canada. Infact, they called me and said, we must brainstorm where to go. And by the time we finished, it was obvious Canada rocks. By God's grace, I cannot continue like this in this Nigeria. It is d.amn frustrating.

I am just not ready to take investment from anyone. Otherwise, the huge flow of fund available especially from my readers in diaspora is massive. People want to do this thing, but I am careful. And many people want me to start organic the right way it should be done.

Marigold is a nice one. In fact that is one plant I enjoy using. Also, some smart guys are returning to intercroping style. I read one person mentioned using cucumber instead of okra to lure white flies away from pepper. Wonderful idea. Very brilliant. But that means that the cucumber is not the main crop. I think I have explained somewhere the magical effect of corn eradicating bacteria leaves diseases in vegetables. Again, I believe so much in microorganisms. And I practise isolating the useful ones from just using the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly.

Some crops might have to be grown under shade or inside a greenhouse. Most crop farmers do not even want to hear about greenhouse. Poverty has blocked their ears. Lol.

I have thought so much about it. A fish farmer whose running cost is huge with 70% as the fraction of total cost of production with just 15 - 20% return on investment (of close to 1 million naira running cost) will definitely not mind doing vegetable farming rightly. Also, a broiler farmer who knows that he needs N1,000 for every bird to grow it to 2.5 - 3.8kg, knowing fully well he has to build a pen which is almost the same cost as building a greenhouse, but with ROI of 15 - 25% will have no problem in doing it rightly. I believe I can get 50 broiler producers who have minimum of 1,000 birds in their pens. Meaning the running cost of such farmer is always higher than N1,000,000. Tell crop farmers here to reserve N500,000 for start up, they will start cursing one. Are they not in the same Nigeria with the poultry and fish farmers?

But compare it with these vegetable farmers. On paper, it is possible to start with N10,000 and estimate N600,000 sales. Lol. You can see the cra.zy ROI. But truly, if they can handle every aspect and set up well, veggie ROI can be over 500%. I am not exaggerating. It can be over 1,000%. Of course, it is highly profitable. But the abuse of chemicals is a big red tape. And the loss is a knock out. The punch is like the left hand of Iron Mike Tyson, and it is like the Undertaker choke slamming one, then add it with Shawn Michael's leg kick in the jaw, and finally top it with Broke Lesnar's F5-ing one. Did you watch how Lesner destroyed Kofi Kingston in less than 30 secs in that smackdown fight with just one F5 fought recently where he re claimed the WWE belt? grin

Therefore, I am not inspired to educate or work with stubborn vegetable farmers again. It is time to open the eyes of poultry and fish farmers. If fish growers understand the nutrients available in the fish water waste, they will start setting up rightly. Is it a farmer who knows that pesticides can kill his fish that will be bombarding chemicals on his vegetables close to his ponds? Nope. Or is it a mushroom farmer who knows that fungicides can kill his mushrooms will start bombarding his farm with fungicides? Of course, no way. But they both know that their wastes in fish and mushroom are nutrients for their crops.

Please let us ignore these vegetable farmers here. New set of people should be drafted into the business. These ones are not teachable. And I am not ready to waste my term arguing with any of them again. Even Jesus said, if these people fail to do what is right, stones will be raised.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by olaide68(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Good day sir,
I am interested in vegetable farming o.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
olaide68:
Good day sir,
I am interested in vegetable farming o.

Welcome sir/madam. Feel free to ask questions. Forget all the "shakara" in the thread. Man must defend himself in the midst of wolves...lol. Feel free and ask your questions. There is no dumb question. "Las las" we will fight to become good friends. Even sef EmekaOkoro has no choice, he is going to be my friend by fire by force. Lol

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
Pistotita:

Bro, if you get a good 15 15 15 NPK, it is better than the 0 15 15 fertilizer in my opinion. But like I said earlier, 15 15 15 NPK is not a good fertilizer. It needs to be adjusted. I always fine tune it. Very soon, it will be banned. And this 0 15 15 is worse. A terrible option in my opinion.

I wish you share the pictures of all these boom, harvest, bal.bla bla products. And I wish that the manufacturer write details about the enzymes that attracts insects for pollination which are added to the products. Organic stuff makers are deceivers. LOL.

bro, I don't want to spoil market for anyone. But DI grow is not as good as it is claimed. It is ordinary water to me. There is no enough nutrient inside it. You better formulate your own Foliar spray instead of using that DI grow, or whatever it is called. One day my manager brought it newly that there is a miracle Foliar spray. As soon as I checked it, I told him that he should never bring it to my farm again. Never! If you want me to show you why I said he should never bring it to my farm again, just get me pictures of DI grow and I will show you clearly that the stuff is almost like water. I will rather prepare my own Foliar spray than use that product.

If possible, let us see the pictures of all these stuff you have mentioned. And post the picture of the ingredients if they write it on the label. I doubt it. Organic manufacturers will never. And it is why I do not use them, esp those ones from Asia. The ones in the US always put the ingredients there and it is why I patronize them more. Who will just spray what he does not know the content? absolutely, not me. Never!
Pls how do you fine tune your npk 15'15:15 fertiliser??
Do you dissolve in water?? Or what method can be used to achieve this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / SNAKE FARM ? {pic} :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 326
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.