Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal (13701 Views)

Husband’s Comment: I Never Compromised My Office - Rtd Justice Bulkachuwa / Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: / Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal by MrCEO69(m): 11:31pm On May 10, 2019
escodotman:
I fully support the PDP over this step. Looking at the trend of the pre-election cases that arose from the shambolic and disastrous "primaries" of the APC, the Appeal Court tried to give soft landing to the party in most cases where they ought not to have participated in the election, cases that are self-inflicted injuries by the APC including the Rivers case.
Thank God for the Supreme Court which ensures Democracy is always protected. Another show of bias was the Osun Election which the Appeal Court gave the APC yesterday. The hope is now in the Supreme Court to do justice and set aside the bias Appeal Court judgment as usual.
So if adeleke losses the case due to forgery, is the person who took 2nd in the primary take his place. Please explain how it is a win for APC
Re: PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal by awuf2008: 6:11pm On May 11, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Sure of another impending defeat.

If amina zakari didn't step down what would make a justice in an independent arm of government excuse herself from her job?

At least odili wife didn't do so when she was dishing out pro PDP verdict

Because nobody raised any objection to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal by Tosquo: 1:36pm On May 13, 2019
And in your thinking she is not accountable to anybody and can single handedly decide who wins at the tribunal huh And those judges she will select are not Judges of the appeal court ?? SMH!!! I rest my case for you
escodotman:
In case you don't know how the Supreme Court of Nigeria sits on any matter before it, let me educate you. The Supreme Court usually comprises of 5 Judges who deliver judgment on any matter brought before them and no single one of them decides any matter single-handedly, not even the CJN. The Judge PDP is requesting her stepping aside is the President of the Court of Appeal and wife of an APC senator-elect. In case you don't know her functions; she selects judges to sit on any matter brought before the Court of Appeal! In the case of the Presidential Election Petition, according to PDP, she has appointed herself as the chairman of the Appeal Court panel of the judges to hear the case should it get to Appeal Court.
Re: PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal by booksrite(f): 6:08am On Jun 29, 2019
Because nobody raised any objection to it.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rising Inflation Pushes More Nigerians Into Poverty Under Tinubu Govt / Testing Begins On 700MW Zungeru Hydroelectric Power Plant – FG / Jonathan Seeks Support Of Yoruba Leaders To Get More South-West Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.