Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists (32428 Views)

Payne Sisters Delighted To Make History With Super Falcons At WAFCON 2022 / Mourinho Makes History With Serie A's Longest Unbeaten Home Run in Roma win / Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by ogbiwa: 6:37am On May 10, 2019
English clubs have created European football history by taking all four final spots in the continent's two major competitions.

Arsenal won in Valencia and Chelsea beat Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday to reach the Europa League final.

That followed dramatic wins for Liverpool over Barcelona and Tottenham against Ajax in the Champions League.

It is the first time all four finalists in Europe's top two competitions have come from one nation.

There have only been two all-English finals before, with Tottenham beating Wolves in the 1971-72 Uefa Cup and Manchester United beating Chelsea in the 2007-08 Champions League.

Spain had three teams in the finals of the two competitions in 2015-16, with Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid contesting the Champions League trophy and Unai Emery's Sevilla winning the Europa League.

"In England the level is very high and the Premier League is the best championship in Europe," said Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri.

Arsenal and Chelsea will meet in Baku, Azerbaijan - 2,468 miles from London - on 29 May, with a Champions League spot at stake for the Gunners, who could become the fifth English side to qualify for next season's competition. Chelsea are already assured of their place after cementing a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Baku's Olympic Stadium has a capacity of 68,700 but Uefa has allocated only 6,000 tickets to each club, a decision Arsenal described as "disappointing", adding that it presents them with
"extreme difficulties" in how to allocate tickets".

Tottenham and Liverpool will meet in Madrid on 1 June, with fans of those clubs also facing travel issues of their own, with direct flights from the UK reaching £1,300 and some airlines being accused of "profiteering".

The Premier League clubs' achievements means there will also be an all-English Uefa Super Cup in August. That game will be played in Istanbul, Turkey

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48222997

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by krak101(m): 6:41am On May 10, 2019
Let's go there.

FTC. Dedicating it to all our gallant soldiers on the front line. God bless and keep you. Amen

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by ayourbamie: 6:43am On May 10, 2019
And dem say Epl is sh*t, they've been unlucky most times.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by logon599: 6:44am On May 10, 2019
So both finals will simply be premier league matches that we've already seen twice this season.

North London derby for the UEFA super cup? Stranger things have happened

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout the thread on my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by KingAzubuike(f): 6:47am On May 10, 2019
How can you put hazards portrait beside that of salah, son and auba.

Hazards portrait deserves to be beside those maradona, Pele, puskas and cruyff

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 7:10am On May 10, 2019
football na scam

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by MasonKendall(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2019
Who's also suspecting UEFA for this?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by MasonKendall(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2019
Semid4lyfe Honeric01
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by internationalman(m): 7:36am On May 10, 2019
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by internationalman(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2019
They should just bring the final to Wembley then...

Spanish laliga May be tactically advanced than the premier league, but a premier league club can never let go of a two or three goal advantage to be knocked out of the competition..

When Messi and Ronaldo have retired it's going to be English dominance in Europe.

They are the two wizards that make y'all think English league is overrated..

Y'all see what happened to Madrid when Ronaldo left..

And believe me when I say that if Messi isn't on the pitch for Barca they are just Fulham..

242 Likes 13 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by phr0nesis(m): 9:16am On May 10, 2019
internationalman:

Spanish laliga May be tactically advanced than the premier league, but a premier league club can never let go of a two or three goal advantage to be knocked out of the competition..

When Messi and Ronaldo have retired it's going to be English dominance in Europe.

And believe me when I say that if Messi isn't on the pitch for Barca they are just Fulham..
I believe you die

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Bonapart(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2019
If you don't support English club, you're not a football fan... the drama of top four and the tittle is something to behold year in year out

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by DaBogu: 11:12am On May 10, 2019
smiley
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by AbujaAgent: 11:13am On May 10, 2019
ogbiwa:
English clubs have created European football history by taking all four final spots in the continent's two major competitions.

Arsenal won in Valencia and Chelsea beat Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday to reach the Europa League final.

That followed dramatic wins for Liverpool over Barcelona and Tottenham against Ajax in the Champions League.

It is the first time all four finalists in Europe's top two competitions have come from one nation.

There have only been two all-English finals before, with Tottenham beating Wolves in the 1971-72 Uefa Cup and Manchester United beating Chelsea in the 2007-08 Champions League.

Spain had three teams in the finals of the two competitions in 2015-16, with Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid contesting the Champions League trophy and Unai Emery's Sevilla winning the Europa League.

"In England the level is very high and the Premier League is the best championship in Europe," said Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri.

Arsenal and Chelsea will meet in Baku, Azerbaijan - 2,468 miles from London - on 29 May, with a Champions League spot at stake for the Gunners, who could become the fifth English side to qualify for next season's competition. Chelsea are already assured of their place after cementing a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Baku's Olympic Stadium has a capacity of 68,700 but Uefa has allocated only 6,000 tickets to each club, a decision Arsenal described as "disappointing", adding that it presents them with
"extreme difficulties" in how to allocate tickets".

Tottenham and Liverpool will meet in Madrid on 1 June, with fans of those clubs also facing travel issues of their own, with direct flights from the UK reaching £1,300 and some airlines being accused of "profiteering".

The Premier League clubs' achievements means there will also be an all-English Uefa Super Cup in August. That game will be played in Istanbul, Turkey

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48222997

England is the best

Abuja house agent

6 Likes

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by tgmservice: 11:13am On May 10, 2019
to all those bloody la liga fans never open your mouth to talk trash about the premier league again

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 11:13am On May 10, 2019
internationalman:

Your head get oil cool

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by BigJoe19: 11:13am On May 10, 2019
Football was made in England, argue with uefa.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Honor10: 11:14am On May 10, 2019
To people that do say England clubs are overrated, they know nothing, England is the only country that has 6 clubs that can compete with any team in the world.

England has ToP Six
Man U
Man city
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham.

Spain has only three
Barcelona
Real madrid
Atlectico + sevila = 1

Germany has two
Bayern Munich
Dortmund

Portugal has only one
Porto

Netherland has only one
Ajax

France has only one
PSG

Italy has only two
Juventus
Napoli + Roma= 1

All four teams in final is from England

Give it up for England.

188 Likes 15 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:14am On May 10, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Finnese001: 11:14am On May 10, 2019
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Praisesongz: 11:14am On May 10, 2019
England own football
No argue with ur fada

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by kennybelle: 11:14am On May 10, 2019
internationalman:

What manner of savagery is this grin grin grin

You've just spoken the truth! IMO, La Liga is overrated

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by frankmoney(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2019
internationalman:

100% right

18 Likes

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 11:15am On May 10, 2019
AbujaAgent:

England is the best

Abuja house agent
Hope you know these TOP ENGLISH LEAGUE CLUBS are largely dominated by foreigners...??

That’s the singular reason ENGLAND always fails to do well in NATIONAL competitions.

MIND U, NIGERIA has more international trophies than your ENGLAND as a country.... grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by duchess02(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2019
Bonapart:
If you don't support English club, you're not a football fan... the drama of top four and the tittle is something to behold year in year out
I will support an English when any if them wins the champions league 3 in a row like laliga team.

1 Like

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by coolie1: 11:15am On May 10, 2019
I have said this and I will say it again, LA liga defense is tooooo weak, how would arsenal from away come to your home and score 4 goals they can't even do it against Huddersfield, chai no wonder messi scores up to 50 goals a season and would be claiming goalscorer, if messi comes to EPL if he sees 25 goal a season, I will Bleep 5 turkey

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by obafemee80(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2019
English Premier league table

2nd Vs 4th in Champions League Final grin

3rd Vs 5th in Europa League Final grin

Strong League

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by adecz: 11:15am On May 10, 2019
grin grin

Good for English League.

But when will England as a country smell
World Cup or EUFA European Championship Cup again?

That is the million Pounds £££ question.

cool cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Bonapart(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2019
MasonKendall:
Who's also suspecting UEFA for this?
keep quiet. Suspect INEC. they caused the suffering in your country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Bonapart(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2019
duchess02:
I will support an English when any if them wins the champions league 3 in a row like laliga team.
la liga is inter house sport

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? / Michael Emenalo Resigns As Chelsea's Technical Director After 10 Years / South Africa's 800m Gold Medal Favourite Accuse Of Being A Man Before Race (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.