Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! (15083 Views)

Somebody Help My Life. Bank Has Seized My Money / Customs Seized My Goods / In Need Help Custom Seized My Gift Good Sent Through Dhl (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by yesloaded: 8:01pm On May 10, 2019
TechCapon:
I respect you a lot and don't expect this from you
grin

GAZZUZ is now shadow of himself when it comes to commenting online these days

He wouldn't listen but it will be OK if he at least take 6months break off nairaland

1 Like

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by 9jaRealist: 8:03pm On May 10, 2019
tete7000:

When your car is impounded in Lagos, then you will no it's not about law but about a group of miscreants who have been given power to indiscriminately extort money from people. How do you tell a man to pay N50,000 for illegal parking? Did he kill someone? When fines are indiscriminately abused as instituted under Fasola as regards traffic law in Lagos, all that is next is that miscreants in uniforms hide under it to heartlessly extort others. One of the cardinal root of justice is that fine and punishment must be commensurate, you don't get that in this case. How can you have some much difference between what FRSC charges and what lagos charges for the same offence? I have been a victim and I know what I am talking about. I am a very law abiding person who knows what is right and what happened to me on the day in question was just someone taking advantage of my no being around to tow my vehicle away to that same Iponri. I ended up paying over N50,000. So before you judge others, ask for the details of their travails...

After I left lastma compound with my car, there were so many cars remaining there which owners cannot afford the various insane fines. On top that there is N500 daily demurrage which at the point of payment, the cashier indiscriminately change to N1000. Mind you, once your car enter that compound, you can't do jack unless you know someone somewhere who can wield power to save you.

Abegi, quit conflating issues. Never said anything about the penalty just about simply obeying the law...
For example, we can frown at people stealing while still agreeing that chopping off someone's hand is excessive for simple theft.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by 9jaRealist: 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
basic23111:
obey law abi, do u think his happy to be a kabu kabu man,,,,,,,when there is no job

What has that got to do with obeying the law? Will disobeying basic laws magically give him a job?!
Or do you think that investors will come and put money into, and thereby create jobs, in a lawless society?!!
>
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by Damalex4luv(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2019
Am sorry bro.. today I had my own fair share of what happened to you. I was on my way to festac from iyana iba. have been stuck in hold up since morning, when I got to festac where I am supposed to turn inside before climbing the bridge going to mile 2 I saw many last man there arresting vehicles. I had to climb the bridge and go all the way to mile 2 to make a u turn on the bridge. I got to mile 2 I couldn't turn again because I am not at the other side. now i had to start another journey all the way to constain to turn, all this while I am very frustrated because have wasted a lot of time and fuel. when I got to the bridge to make a u turn I saw 2 last man directing a particular vehicle to turn and then I followed suit that's how they immediately jump into my car and started infuriating me with fines of 40000. I couldn't cry and already faired for the worse. in no time we're on our way to their office. I have never in my life beg anyone the way I beg them today they didn't answer me one bit. I felt like killing the two of them because I know if I entered their office I won't escape paying that money. as we got to front of their office one of them started showing many vehicles they have seized and asked me to give them 20k. it was then I knew I don enter am. I later had to beg them and even almost cried b4 they collect 8k from me. but I have leave them to God. All in all I use 10k to do sara today. but God knows the best

1 Like

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by TechCapon(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2019
yesloaded:

grin

He wouldn't listen but it will be OK if he at least take 6months break off nairaland
I concur Gazzuzz needs to take a break from nairaland or at least stick with his car advices

4 Likes

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by TechCapon(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2019
Damalex4luv:
Am sorry bro.. today I had my own fair share of what happened to you. I was on my way to festac from iyana iba. have been stuck in hold up since morning, when I got to festac where I am supposed to turn inside before climbing the bridge going to mile 2 I saw many last man there arresting vehicles. I had to climb the bridge and go all the way to mile 2 to make a u turn on the bridge. I got to mile 2 I couldn't turn again because I am not at the other side. now i had to start another journey all the way to constain to turn, all this while I am very frustrated because have wasted a lot of time and fuel. when I got to the bridge to make a u turn I saw 2 last man directing a particular vehicle to turn and then I followed suit that's how they immediately jump into my car and started infuriating me with fines of 40000. I couldn't cry and already faired for the worse. in no time we're on our way to their office. I have never in my life beg anyone the way I beg them today they didn't answer me one bit. I felt like killing the two of them because I know if I entered their office I won't escape paying that money. as we got to front of their office one of them started showing many vehicles they have seized and asked me to give them 20k. it was then I knew I don enter am. I later had to beg them and even almost cried b4 they collect 8k from me. but I have leave them to God. All in all I use 10k to do sara today. but God knows the best
that's the kind of thing amaechi wanted to do to rivers people by introducing timariv. Thank God wike scrapped it.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by Finelinks: 8:37pm On May 10, 2019
okewumi:
They arrested our former sales manager sometimes around surulere bypass and l was inside the car. We wanted to ask for a direction and we completely park off the road. They appeared from no-where with their hilux as if they want to arrest Shakarau.

LASMA: You are under arrest
My Boss: For what officer
LASMA: You parked on pedestrian side of the road
My Boss: I don't want to cause traffic that is the reason l parked off the road. He started speaking English and FORTRAN
.. and before we could say jack, they towed our car.

Someone advised him to settle them with 10k, they insisted on 25k without receipt and when we told hi (manager), he said he will not pay a dime but to sue them bla bla bla, report them to Alausa, CNN, BBC grin.
They gave him ticket in their office to pay 55k to special account. Bring a medical psychiatric test report, then go back to lasma office in Oshodi to do driving fitness test, Tax receipt for three years. For good 3 days, the man could not finish the process. When they eventually released his car, they have deflated the 4 tyres and to pump one tyre in their office 1k.

Ambode was able to silence them and VIO but immediately he lost second term bid, they came out in full force.
.55k?

Any fine at 55k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by Xneg: 9:28pm On May 10, 2019
yesloaded:

grin

The funny thing is, I know GAZZUZZ personally and he's a very nice person, I'm just surprised thay he's a different person online but believe me, if you meet him in person you would be glued, he can even pay or rescue this dude.

1 Like

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by DaCharis2016: 1:43am On May 11, 2019
But the worst set of commuters that obstruct traffic in Lagos State more are the 'Danfos'. They stop anyhow, anywhere and anytime without anyone challenging them. Even driving against the traffic is their calling.
Despite all these, they are never touched like the Boko Haram.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2019
Okoyeebo:

Sent to your mail
seen thanks
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2019
yesloaded:

This is wrong information, stop misleading the public OK

He might be right as a guy who were arrested along with, who also operate cab with me on same spot. he parked directly in my front. though dey drove his car istead of towed. someone pleaded on his behalf he PAID JUST 20k fine.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2019
9jaRealist:

What has that got to do with obeying the law? Will disobeying basic laws magically give him a job?!
Or do you think that investors will come and put money into, and thereby create jobs, in a lawless society?!!
>

Bro just hope u ll understand that it is not all about obeying the law.
As the road we were towed from is a business district with a very wide road and always have cars parked on both sides.

someone pointed out here that how can a parking fine be times 3 of the minimum wage of the country. it only happens in lagos
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2019
suco01:

OP did u call the number.
I couldn't because i cant speak Lagos native language
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:30am On May 11, 2019
Xneg:
Poster, did you leave the car unattended or you were in the vehicle?

I was inside the shoping mall scouting for a pasenger.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2019
WetinUGain:
Kindly expantiate on ur "parking on d street". What do u mean by "illegal parking".
Did u block any entrance,caused any obstruction?
we parked in front of surulere mall. & never caused any obstruction.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by Xneg: 9:54am On May 11, 2019
stephenponti:

I was inside the shoping mall scouting for a pasenger.

Ok, that's illegal you know.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by protocol(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2019
Gazzuzz your name was mentioned here severally. Do you have anything to say about that? A plan is being made to put you on a compulsory brake from the land that flows with milk and honey are you aware of that?
Oya find this my guy 20k mek in go carry in car. I know you.You can do all things even without Christ strengthing you. Lol
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by suco01(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2019
stephenponti:

I couldn't because i cant speak Lagos native language

OK. I hope u have collect it
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2019
suco01:

OK. I hope u have collect it

The car is still in their custody. By Monday it ll be 5days. I just left their office. The desk officers don't work on Sat but few patrol officers were there.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by KingMicky3286: 11:00am On May 11, 2019
consultancy:
see them. destiny destroyers. he should go to his village and start a business with 500 naira, 500 naira oo hmmm. i think u are just testing ur prophetic/pastoral abilities on the poor guy

It’s 500,000 naira that I meant. Sorry for the mistype.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2019
Xneg:

Ok, that's illegal you know.
am not disputing that, just the exobibant fee i couldn't afford is my concern.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17am On May 11, 2019
protocol:
Gazzuzz your name was mentioned here severally. Do you have anything to say about that? A plan is being made to put you on a compulsory brake from the land that flows with milk and honey are you aware of that?
Oya find this my guy 20k mek in go carry in car. I know you.You can do all things even without Christ strengthing you. Lol

dem no reach.....
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by Billbill: 11:25am On May 11, 2019
stephenponti:

Bro just hope u ll understand that it is not all about obeying the law.
As the road we were towed from is a business district with a very wide road and always have cars parked on both sides.

someone pointed out here that how can a parking fine be times 3 of the minimum wage of the country. it only happens in lagos
. Wicked leaders and them useless policies with wicked followers implementing and taking advantage
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 12:34pm On May 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

dem no reach.....
boss pls assist a brother.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by protocol(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2019
stephenponti:

Gazzuz you van do this. Just see the respect @ a brother. Gazzuz help your brother biko
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by protocol(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2019
stephenponti:

Gazzuz help a brother.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by mrsage(m): 10:12pm On May 13, 2019
What's the latest?

1 Like

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2019
The car Still in their custody.

I was referred to court Yesterday. 6th day

I went to the court, "mobile court" and pleaded guilty.
The judge then asked me to go pay 20k (towing fee not inclusive)

I paid the fine @IPONRI LASTMA office.

They wrote a new receipt LASDRI REFERAL, and asked me to go back to Oshodi and get the referral.

off to Oshodi again i went!

At LASDRI office in Oshodi they sent me to a designated bank towards Ilupeju, the bank sent me to FEDERAL REVENUE SERVICE next street to get Tax Number. I got the number and paid the LASDRI FEE 5k.

Went back to LASDRI office with the receipt, getting there it was already 4:10pm, we have closed come tomorrow they said!

Tomorrow I will go there again to get the release order.

3 Likes

Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by cyborg123(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2019
Cursed be all the people who make life unnecessarily unbearable for their fellow human beings without any remorse. I feel your pain OP.
Re: Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! by stephenponti(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2019
Finally I retrieved the car.

I really appreciate as many as gave me the needed support in this thin experience. God ll reward your generous acts. By showing mercy you ll reap the same measure in a manner that's unquantifiable.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get A Verified Alipay Account And Pay Your Suppliers Directly / Emefiele Blames Naira Fall On US Policy and Importation / Buying All Bitcoin And Giftcard Rate Is Too Good..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.