Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Story Of Dr Steve, A Corper Doctor Killed By Keke Napep In Borno State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Story Of Dr Steve, A Corper Doctor Killed By Keke Napep In Borno State (599 Views)

Corper Uwaoma Susan Joseph Buys Keke Napep From Her NYSC Allowance Savings / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos) / Ike Stephen Dead! Doctor Undergoing NYSC Dies After Being Hit By Keke Napep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Dr Steve, A Corper Doctor Killed By Keke Napep In Borno State by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 10, 2019
#THE_STORY_OF_DR_STEVE
#a_cry_for_help

This is one I find hard to write cuz of the emotions, issues and complexities. Let me try to write all the same.

I did pre degree in EBSU 2005/2006 session with Ikeh Stephen Obinna. When result came out, Steve was first in Ohaukwu LGA and I, second. This gave both of us automatic admission to any course of our choice. We chose medicine.

Fast forward to matriculation, I didn't see Steve. We later met, he said he deferred the admission. Why? His parents couldn't pay! Ahh, I was sad but couldn't do much. I only encouraged him.

A year later he came into medical school. The mum was a cleaner and the dad, a brick layer. At a point, the mum was cleaning the very school hostel Steve lived in. Yet he endured the humiliation. He was the best example of a suffering and struggling student. The parents practically lived on debts to see him through. Steve did whatever could help him with any kobo.

Thank God, he was brilliant, hard working, humble and very godly. Against the odds he pushed. A one time EMSA president. Towards the end of Med school, his siblings stopped school so he could continue.

Then came 2017 and Dr Stephen emerged!
What relief! What joy! What excitement! The mum said "ma mu buzikwa mama doc"..... Even I, I'm now the mother of a doctor. The hope was palpable. At least family debts will be settled. Younger ones will go to school.

Of course Steve remembered his roots. With commencement of house job, he enrolled 3 siblings in the university same year! Debts were paid too. Hope was returning.

Then the mother suffered a stroke. The father was hospitalised for hypertensive heart disease. Dr Steve shouldered all. He struggled on. He had his dreams, he pursued them.

Fast forward to 2018, he was posted to Borno State for NYSC. I wasn't comfortable with that at all, I asked him to redeploy but he said he was in the capital and that there were higher chances of securing NGO or state Govt job there. Ofcuz he needed the job. He said he would be careful. He was indeed careful till 6th May 2019.

He was on call that fateful day when he went across the road to buy some stuff. While standing there, a tricycle (ordinary Keke napep) chose to leave it's lane and hit Steve from the back. He fell face down sustaining multiple head injuries. Medicine failed us and we lost Steve barely 48hrs after.
That's the story of Steve!

But that's not why I'm here. I'm here because I have come to the hard reality that Steve is indeed gone. I prayed (yes o like I knew how to with many others), I cried, I lamented, I blamed, yet there was no calls or chats from him. Then I remembered his family.

Dear well meaning Nigerians, let's give them hope. His parents are ill. Those 3 siblings are all in 200L. There is a jambite too. They have no reasonable accommodation. Dr Steve was going to do all of that at his pace but he is NO MORE! We are here. Please help.
Below are the details of the siblings, they need to be in school.

NAME: IKE PHILOMENA GINIKA
SEX: FEMALE
LEVEL OF EDUCATION: 200
NAME OF SCHOOL: EBSU
COURSE: ACCOUNTANCY
PHONE NO: 07037059536

NAME: IKE JOHN EKENEDIRICHUKWU
SEX: MALE
SCHOOL: FUTO
COURSE: ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY & MGT.
PHONE NO: 09068828581

NAME: IKEH LUCY OLUCHI
SCHOOL: EBSU
COURSE: ENGLISH & LITERATURE
PHONE: 09035651647

NAME: IKEH MOSES FRIDAY
LEVEL OF EDUCATION: JAMBITE
PHONE NO: 08165197042.

Pls contact the family for any assistance (I can help you reach them too). Share this post until a helper sees it.
Mean while Dr Chinonso Opah is also building "PARTNERS FOR STEVE'S SIBLINGS ". They are to pay 5k each every month until the siblings finish school. God bless as you join any of the initiatives to help the family.

This is the mother's account details
IKEH ANGELA NGOZI
ECO BANK.
Phone number; 0703 915 2748

Let their hope not die with their son.
May you also never know the pain of this family too. Amen.

#save_Dr_Stephen_Ikeh_s_family
#hope_for_dr_steve_s_family
#help_my_friend_s_family_pls
#rest_in_peace_stephen

Ps: pls tell the story of Steve to whosoever can help, ngo, govt, individuals. Thanks.

The death of Dr Steve is a tragic loss and his life journey cut short at this moment is really unfair to those who have drawn a source of hope from his exploits in life

Aguma Nnenna [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Story Of Dr Steve, A Corper Doctor Killed By Keke Napep In Borno State by thesicilian: 3:38pm On May 10, 2019
Keke Napep of all ways to die!
Re: Story Of Dr Steve, A Corper Doctor Killed By Keke Napep In Borno State by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 10, 2019
Dvin:
#THE_STORY_OF_DR_STEVE
#a_cry_for_help

This is one I find hard to write cuz of the emotions, issues and complexities. Let me try to write all the same.

I did pre degree in EBSU 2005/2006 session with Ikeh Stephen Obinna. When result came out, Steve was first in Ohaukwu LGA and I, second. This gave both of us automatic admission to any course of our choice. We chose medicine.

Fast forward to matriculation, I didn't see Steve. We later met, he said he deferred the admission. Why? His parents couldn't pay! Ahh, I was sad but couldn't do much. I only encouraged him.

A year later he came into medical school. The mum was a cleaner and the dad, a brick layer. At a point, the mum was cleaning the very school hostel Steve lived in. Yet he endured the humiliation. He was the best example of a suffering and struggling student. The parents practically lived on debts to see him through. Steve did whatever could help him with any kobo.

Thank God, he was brilliant, hard working, humble and very godly. Against the odds he pushed. A one time EMSA president. Towards the end of Med school, his siblings stopped school so he could continue.

Then came 2017 and Dr Stephen emerged!
What relief! What joy! What excitement! The mum said "ma mu buzikwa mama doc"..... Even I, I'm now the mother of a doctor. The hope was palpable. At least family debts will be settled. Younger ones will go to school.

Of course Steve remembered his roots. With commencement of house job, he enrolled 3 siblings in the university same year! Debts were paid too. Hope was returning.

Then the mother suffered a stroke. The father was hospitalised for hypertensive heart disease. Dr Steve shouldered all. He struggled on. He had his dreams, he pursued them.

Fast forward to 2018, he was posted to Borno State for NYSC. I wasn't comfortable with that at all, I asked him to redeploy but he said he was in the capital and that there were higher chances of securing NGO or state Govt job there. Ofcuz he needed the job. He said he would be careful. He was indeed careful till 6th May 2019.

He was on call that fateful day when he went across the road to buy some stuff. While standing there, a tricycle (ordinary Keke napep) chose to leave it's lane and hit Steve from the back. He fell face down sustaining multiple head injuries. Medicine failed us and we lost Steve barely 48hrs after.
That's the story of Steve!

But that's not why I'm here. I'm here because I have come to the hard reality that Steve is indeed gone. I prayed (yes o like I knew how to with many others), I cried, I lamented, I blamed, yet there was no calls or chats from him. Then I remembered his family.

Dear well meaning Nigerians, let's give them hope. His parents are ill. Those 3 siblings are all in 200L. There is a jambite too. They have no reasonable accommodation. Dr Steve was going to do all of that at his pace but he is NO MORE! We are here. Please help.
Below are the details of the siblings, they need to be in school.

NAME: IKE PHILOMENA GINIKA
NAME OF SCHOOL: EBSU
COURSE: ACCOUNTANCY
PHONE NO: 07037059536

NAME: IKE JOHN EKENEDIRICHUKWU
SCHOOL: FUTO
COURSE: ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY & MGT.
PHONE NO: 09068828581

NAME: IKEH LUCY OLUCHI
SCHOOL: EBSU
COURSE: ENGLISH & LITERATURE
PHONE: 09035651647

NAME: IKEH MOSES FRIDAY
LEVEL OF EDUCATION: JAMBITE
PHONE NO: 08165197042.

Pls contact the family for any assistance (I can help you reach them too). Share this post until a helper sees it.
Mean while Dr Chinonso Opah is also building "PARTNERS FOR STEVE'S SIBLINGS ". They are to pay 5k each every month until the siblings finish school. God bless as you join any of the initiatives to help the family.

This is the mother's account details
IKEH ANGELA NGOZI
ECO BANK.
Phone number; 0703 915 2748

Let their hope not die with their son.
May you also never know the pain of this family too. Amen.

#save_Dr_Stephen_Ikeh_s_family
#hope_for_dr_steve_s_family
#help_my_friend_s_family_pls
#rest_in_peace_stephen

Ps: pls tell the story of Steve to whosoever can help, ngo, govt, individuals. Thanks.

The death of Dr Steve is a tragic loss and his life journey cut short at this moment is really unfair to those who have drawn a source of hope from his exploits in life

Aguma Nnenna [color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Hello / What Every PCM Must Know Before Travelling To Camp / SAD NEWS! Corps Member Serving In Sokoto Dies Of Normal Stomach Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.