Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs (37202 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Peter Obi Appoints Four Special Advisers / Buhari Appoints Four More Aides Into DPR Departments - Peoples Gazette / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Omololu001: 12:45am On May 11, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Get educated
what education do he need to get? Is now a law in kano
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by AMvanquish: 2:14am On May 11, 2019
Aquariann:
Our brothers down South have been the most vocal about this Balkanization of Kano Emirate. But news updates from Kano seem to suggest it's actually a welcomed decision. Majority of the house members voted in favor of the bill since it was mentioned in the floor of the State house of assembly

Personal I try not to involve myself with politics of people and places outside my domain, so it would be nice if we can get first hand info from what's going on in Kano.

It is not a welcome decision. The house members are all the Governor's stooges Xcept for PDP Members, and word has it they have been duly compensated the Gandollar way. No consultation what's over with their constituents. The Speaker and his deputy have also quickly passed a life pension Bill for themselves with juicy perks attached. This is suspected to be as a result of their cooperation and support of all this charade. Gandollar has gone mad, time will tell how this story ends.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Aquariann: 2:25am On May 11, 2019
AMvanquish:

It is not a welcome decision. The house members are all the Governor's stooges Xcept for PDP Members, and word has it they have been duly compensated the Gandollar way. No consultation what's over with their constituents. The Speaker and his deputy have also quickly passed a life pension Bill for themselves with juicy perks attached. This is suspected to be as a result of their cooperation and support of all this charade. Gandollar has gone mad, time will tell how this story ends.

Thanks for sharing. I was able to speak with a colleague from Kano and he was of the same opinion like you. He said it wasn't a welcome decision, although he has never liked Ganduje, so I didn't really want to take his word for it considering the media space kinda remained silent 24 hrs later.

Like one should expect northern elders and the likes to grant one or two interviews condemning or supporting the act, but it's just silence from everyone of note up there, leaving room for speculations down South.

Again, there's a report one of the Bayero's prince has accepted to be one of the newly appointed Emirs. Which of it's true, throws up plenty questions
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by GerogeI(m): 2:40am On May 11, 2019
There is no role in the constitution for any sort of traditional authority.

How do you declare a monarch in a territory where elections are held? The only reason these monarchs are kept alive unconstitutionally is to help politicians rig and influence elections. How do you define a Kingdom or Emirate within Federating Republic if not ignorance and lack of purpose.

Whittling them down is a first step in political development and democratization. Eventually they should all be scraped.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by AMvanquish: 3:00am On May 11, 2019
Aquariann:

Thanks for sharing. I was able to speak with a colleague from Kano and he was of the same opinion like you. He said it wasn't a welcome decision, although he has never liked Ganduje, so I didn't really want to take his word for it considering the media space kinda remained silent 24 hrs later.

Like one should expect northern elders and the likes to grant one or two interviews condemning or supporting the act, but it's just silence from everyone of note up there, leaving room for speculations down South.

Again, there's a report one of the Bayero's prince has accepted to be one of the newly appointed Emirs. Which of it's true, throws up plenty questions

A court order was served today restraining the governor from going ahead with implementation of the new Emirates created. But some of the Governor's aides have come out to say they would go ahead and install the new emirs later today Saturday. Talk of Impunity.

The Bayero prince and other individuals who have accepted is still gossip talk for now, but we should get a clearer picture later today.

Northern elders being mute on the matter is disappointing. The real elders who should have waded in like Maitama Sule , Tijjani hashim etc unfortunately are late. The ones remaining have turned to Yes Men with vested interests, now silent capitalists and don't want any drama saying the truth as it is. And SLS says his mind which is the opposite of what a lot of core tradionalists preach against. Good thing is some Islamic scholars are starting to speak against the move.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by AkataYeriYeri: 3:07am On May 11, 2019
sweetrace:

Grow up! The person you’re arguing with is sounding more mature and intelligent than you. If you have counter points to make do so, instead of whatever it is you think you’re doing.
Can you type this without shedding tears? wink
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Nobody: 3:09am On May 11, 2019
Aquariann:
Our brothers down South have been the most vocal about this Balkanization of Kano Emirate. But news updates from Kano seem to suggest it's actually a welcomed decision. Majority of the house members voted in favor of the bill since it was mentioned in the floor of the State house of assembly

Personal I try not to involve myself with politics of people and places outside my domain, so it would be nice if we can get first hand info from what's going on in Kano.
^^^ This type of thought process is the reason why a lot of things are wrong in Nigeria.

cc lzaa adaibeku afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Tobinrobin(m): 5:04am On May 11, 2019
HIS in-law did the same in Ibadan. These people are just power drunk & crazy tbh. Offsetting a long tradition because of political gains
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by 9jaRealist: 5:54am On May 11, 2019
Chikpat:
Good.
Meanwhile, had Sanusi not been an arrogant man, this would not have happened

Exactly! Extremely "arrogant" of him to refuse to support Babanriga Banker! undecided

Just glad that there are still some Nigerians who will not kiss arse to retain power and ifluence.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by orisa37: 6:03am On May 11, 2019
The Lord is The Land and Its Fulness. He delegates His Ownership's Responsibilities in Succession to Adam, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, King Saul etc to current Kings and Fathers. But Not to Presidents and Governors. So Ganduje is a Misfit, a Satanic and a Military Scam. He is tempting Kano Youths and Kanawa's Sense of Justice.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by orisa37: 6:12am On May 11, 2019
Chikpat:
Good.
Meanwhile, had Sanusi not been an arrogant man, this would not have happened

Sanusi is a King, not a yeye Loot.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by orisa37: 6:22am On May 11, 2019
Sanusi is a Legatee of God's Estate in Kano State. Ganduje is a partisan parasite.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by sexyking1: 6:37am On May 11, 2019
aolawale025:
Didn't he receive the court papers??
Nigeria get court? Since for years of APC reign in Nigeria, tell me one court judgement against them that was obeyed?
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by olasaad(f): 6:39am On May 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I hope the newly elected governor of kwara state follow this step.

Why

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Bennycollins: 7:11am On May 11, 2019
TheI Kano, ther emirate, their government, wetin Kwancern me
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Lovelyn451(f): 7:12am On May 11, 2019
Very good
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by AreaFada2: 7:15am On May 11, 2019
safarigirl:
Welcomed by the hundred or so people in the State Assembly? Okay undecided
Assembly members who for a few millions or promise of automatic ticket at next election will agree to anything. Lol. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by sweetrace(f): 7:17am On May 11, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:

Can you type this without shedding tears? wink

smh
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by nku5: 7:21am On May 11, 2019
Somewhere in Otueke somebody is laughing as the people who hated on him go down one by one

The God of GEJ let Him be my God grin

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Bennycollins: 7:24am On May 11, 2019
Their Kano, their emirate, their government, wetin Kwancern me?
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Vic74real: 7:34am On May 11, 2019
So Aminu Ado Bayero accepted to be Emir in a small part of Kano when his late father was the highly reverred ruler of the entire Kano what an opportunistic person..next level piece meal Emirs
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Chikpat(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2019
9jaRealist:

Exactly! Extremely "arrogant" of him to refuse to support Babanriga Banker! undecided

Just glad that there are still some Nigerians who will not kiss arse to retain power and ifluence.

You are right! I quite agree there are still few Nigerians like Sanusi who will not kiss ass to retain power, influnence; few of them who are revengeful enough to refuse to support Babanriga Banker after Babanriga Banker almost deposed him for squandering/loothing N3bn of the emirate's funds in less than two years of his reign. There are indeed few men like Sanusi who get sacked as CBN gov in Nigeria; few men like him who make married women their girlfriend and travel round the world to sleep around; few men who propagate Islamic banking and use our common resources to allegedly fund book haram and opposition parties. There are few men like Sanusi indeed!

What nonsense!
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Chikpat(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2019
orisa37:

Sanusi is a King, not a yeye Loot.

He is a yeye looting king who squanders/launders N3bn of the emirates funds in less than two years of his reign; who laundered N6bn of same fund in 4yrs. If as a king he could do that, then he is worse than Abacha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Katsina Emir: "I Will Give My Blood To Protect Igbos" / EFCC Explains Why Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi F.Shaw Left / Mohammed Abdullahi: Army Secretly Trying Soldier Who Criticised Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.