Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge (12186 Views)

Videos: Police Release Confessional Statements Of Alleged Killer ESN Members / Investigative Panel Worried Over Wadume’s Confessional Video / Kidnap Kingpin, Evans, Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by chinambusay: 8:33pm On May 10, 2019
A Judge at the Ikeja Special Offences Court who ruled on the case of billionaire kidnapper, Evans, stated that he was not forced to make confessional statements. According to Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo, the billionaire kidnapper and his accomplice Victor Aduba, a dismissed soldier, never provided the court with any proof of coercion or torture during a trial-within-trial to determine the admissibility of their statements to the police. 

“The video of the first defendant (Evans), giving his statement, was played in open court. The first defendant appeared relaxed and was smiling in the video. There was no visible threat of violence or coercion.The defendants’ counsel did not report to the authorities about the alleged torture before proceedings began. The first defendant’s stories appeared to be contrived for the purpose of this trial. I have carefully taken into consideration the arguments contained in the written addresses, and there is insufficient evidence of torture and coercion.

“I find that the defendants’ statements were made voluntarily. I accept the statements of the two defendants as exhibits and they are so marked Exhibits F and G', the judge said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/10/evans-was-not-forced-to-make-confessional-statements-judge/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Fadomero(m): 8:36pm On May 10, 2019
judge this ewu already

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by chinambusay: 8:38pm On May 10, 2019
cool cool cool
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Shelloween(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2019
Fadomero:
judge this ewu already
he's actually smart
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by bellazz(m): 4:19am On May 11, 2019
Evans Go, Going, Gone and went

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by babatee90(m): 4:19am On May 11, 2019
Shelloween:
he's actually smart
maybe he’s also waiting for Abike dabiri grin

2 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Mopolchi: 4:20am On May 11, 2019
He could be forced. I don't trust Nigerian police. It doesn't mean if he was guilty that he should not be penalised. Jail him if he is guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by oz4real83(m): 4:21am On May 11, 2019
I still wonder what the functions of NBA are. An average Nigerian lawyer will do anything or raise very feeble excuses just to delay an obvious case. A lawyer like this deserves to be sanctioned.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Nobody: 4:21am On May 11, 2019
As long as torture is still being used , a very smart criminal with a good lawyer will always escape.

BTW mods what are you guys doing staying awake by this time posting threads to front-page. Abi seun don increase una salary or you are just looking for the recent Regina tonto or naira Marley thread to push.

2 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by ipobarethieves: 4:24am On May 11, 2019
tongue tongue sad cool wink grin Evansfl@theads vulturesareCriminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by wethebest(m): 4:27am On May 11, 2019
Lol
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by yemifez: 4:31am On May 11, 2019
� � to that judge
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Nobody: 4:57am On May 11, 2019
Mopolchi:
He could be forced. I don't trust Nigerian police. It doesn't mean if he was guilty that he should not be penalised. Jail him if he is guilty.
Evans is guilty, one of my neighbour in satellite town (okachukwu) was a victim

9 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:09am On May 11, 2019
Evans shud be sentenced to death and quickly so

1 Like

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Nobody: 5:14am On May 11, 2019
When a judge accepts your confessional statements and then use it as an exhibit against you.... Sorry it is over!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Lexusgs430: 5:26am On May 11, 2019
Why is this case still pending? But CJN's case was like a bullet train.............

2 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by goodnessme1(f): 5:30am On May 11, 2019
Yoruba judge against Igbo victim.
what do you expect before?

Every sane person in nigeria knows nigeria police and torture are like 5 and 6,
Innocent people they arrest on the road are being tortured just to make them agree to crimes they didn't commit,talk more of someone who they perceived to be a kidnapper.

Just because he is igbo,his case will be different.
How many boko haram members has gone to court,instead they becomes repented boko haram. members,
where is one of the boko haram leader kabiri that was arrested during Goodluck reign.

Herdmen and bandits are called to aso rock for settlements,(in millions of dollars)

before you call me tribalist(because most of you nigeria are hypocrites) imagine if these people are Igbos.what would have been their cases.

who is fooling who in this country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by sholatem(f): 5:32am On May 11, 2019
Mopolchi:
What about d witnesses,they are forced too?Did u not see d man that suppose to retired peaceful,yet Evans chopped of his hand because he couldn't meet up with demand when he was kidnapped? What will become his family's fate
Trust federal Government on this,he's already a condemned criminal but they want him to waste all he has acquired thru d evil work,before they condemned him,he is d 1 that need to think twice before taking lawyers upon lawyers for his case.

6 Likes

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by ablelin: 5:49am On May 11, 2019
What are we still doing on this man's case, he ought to have been placed where he belongs. This man should better stop wasting his money over lawyers, I doubt if he can escape it, but sometimes, we don't just trust this our judges oo, anything can happen or he gets a soft sentence, but he should ñot finish the money cos he won't be able to come out and spend it again....

Do you want to learn to get motivated, learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, Robert Kiyosaki, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here

1 Like

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2019
Evan can't be granted bail and no way he will win this case, the case is not just about him and apc lead government but the nigerians and international are monitoring too. The earlier he accept is guilty. The better he know is length or death sentence because he is already a condemn criminal which the goverment are using to play ludo due to his high profile crime

1 Like

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Yohh: 5:58am On May 11, 2019
Is Evans still alive?
Execute this criminal and let's breathe peace
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by goodnessme1(f): 6:05am On May 11, 2019
Free Evans.

If boko haram members can repent Evans can repent too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by wumade: 6:17am On May 11, 2019
All you typed is complete hogwash, honestly! I sincerely hope you do not pass this your wacked mentality to your children. You need a brain analysis! Smh

goodnessme1:

Innocent people they arrest on the road are being tortured just to make them agree to crimes they didn't commit,talk more of someone who they perceived to be a kidnapper.

How many boko haram members has gone to court,instead they becomes repented boko haram. members,
where is one of the boko haram leader kabiri that was arrested during Goodluck reign.

Herdmen and bandits are called to aso rock for settlements,(in millions of dollars)

before you call me tribalist(because most of you nigeria are hypocrites) imagine if these people are Igbos.what would have been their cases.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Agugbadin: 6:26am On May 11, 2019
Mopolchi:

How are we sure you not one of his boys
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Agugbadin: 6:30am On May 11, 2019
oz4real83:
I still wonder what the functions of NBA are. An average Nigerian lawyer will do anything or raise very feeble excuses just to delay an obvious case. A lawyer like this deserves to be sanctioned.

You are absolutely right, the lawyers defending this criminal and telling him what lies to tell in the court should be sanctioned
Re: Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge by Agugbadin: 6:38am On May 11, 2019
goodnessme1:

I am an Igbo man but I don't support any form of criminality. You are trying to play a tribe or ethic card in this case it will not work, stop this sentiment this is clear case of crimes committed against humanity by Evans Sadly his victims are Igbo men like us why bringing tribe into this case. Justice must be served I wish he will be sentenced to death for his numerous crimes against humanity

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Jumps From A Building And Her Butt Implant Explodes! *viewer Discretion* / EFCC Arrests Nine Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu / Just In: Two Shameless Ladies Fight Dirty, Nak*d In Public (watch Video 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.