Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days (7576 Views)

Bloodbath: 185,450 Crypto Investors Lose All Their Funds As Bitcoin Drops To $38 / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N11.52bn In Five Days / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Gain N175b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by scopusng(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2019
Technically the down trend of eurusd was valid. See it spiked up was due to last week NFP news that came up and nothing else. I am a professional Fx trader since 2006 and I have won global completions twice, so I know what I am saying
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by Nobody: 9:23am On May 11, 2019
grandstar:
The total worth of the stock market in a country of 201m people is only $30b. This is a disgrace.

To put this into context, Facebook which is worth 5550b can buy our stock market with only 6% of their shares. This is a company barely 15year old.

The 50th largest US company is Texas Instruments and it's valued at $109.56b.

Nigeria is poor

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by scopusng(m): 9:24am On May 11, 2019
millionboi2:
this week own ah

Eur/USD trickshily spike up,after accumulating so many bearish open order,along with it's counter currency USD/chf.....it was a nightmare.
It stood at a spot for more than 24hrs while others were all in bearish tread and even it's counter currencies we're all bullish and thus attracted too many traders if not all attention,as some even increased dia lot size after dat,it spiked up.

Technically the down trend of eurusd was valid. See it spiked up was due to last week NFP news that came up and nothing else. I am a professional Fx trader since 2006 and I have won global completions twice, so I know what I am saying
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by millionboi2: 9:27am On May 11, 2019
scopusng:

d spike up killd d game
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by Bizibi(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2019
fineboynl:
people don't venture in there. because no one trust the Nigeria stock. second they have been caught severally for raising false figure t lure Nigeria investors who many of them got burnt at a session.
exactly!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by frowland(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Next level

Of course next level, anytime there is a negative news I expect someone to pop out typing next level. I noticed most of you guys hang around with itchy fingers waiting for bad news. Infact, anyday without bad news is a saddening day for you guys.

Soldiers kill bandits - Bad news for your types
Bandits kill soldiers- Good news for your types
Herdsmen attack villages - Goodnews
Bokoharam attack - good news
Economy is booming - Bad news
Economy is collapsing- Good news.

..and other so many instances

Don't you see something is wrong with this mentality?

Opposition politicians capitalize on this sentiments to set the country ablaze because there are set of people it satisfies their negative narrative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:45am On May 11, 2019
vaxx2:
There is a different between having a large stocks and a productive of one. NIGERIA stock is big bsse on market capitalization but not on high long investment goal.
True but some countries don't even have a stock market here in Africa. The smaller countries that do have five companies maximum Listed. A lot of Nigerians used to be involved in the stock market in the mid 2000s until it was destroyed by lies and falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by frowland(m): 9:52am On May 11, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

What's with Nigerians and always comparing Nigeria to the USA. Nigeria will never be like the USA not even in a thousand years to come. Compare Nigeria to other African countries. Aside South Africa and Egypt down here in Africa, which country has a stock market as large as Nigeria? Some countries even have none.

Thousand years is long na!!! haba
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by Yankee101: 10:12am On May 11, 2019
Next leble
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by LastDays777: 10:19am On May 11, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

What's with Nigerians and always comparing Nigeria to the USA. Nigeria will never be like the USA not even in a thousand years to come. Compare Nigeria to other African countries. Aside South Africa and Egypt down here in Africa, which country has a stock market as large as Nigeria? Some countries even have none.

Africa is the future. Nigeria will be among the world power in less than 10years. People will desire so much to live in Africa because of what is coming.

Will America survive the ice age ? No.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by aytuns(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2019
millionboi2:
You are very right abt d raising of false figure, even international brokers do it,and datz why I limit myself to high volatile currency only.........d truth is dat most of this currencies can b easily manipulated(eur/USD is d chief),so I stick to few.

this week own ah

Eur/USD trickshily spike up,after accumulating so many bearish open order,along with it's counter currency USD/chf.....it was a nightmare.
It stood at a spot for more than 24hrs while others were all in bearish tread and even it's counter currencies we're all bullish and thus attracted too many traders if not all attention,as some even increased dia lot after dat,it spiked up.

LoL... Market Makers at work... Bloody banks and brokers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On May 11, 2019
So sad that people just blame everything on the local federal government, meanwhile this is a global issue in the last few days . . . The world stock exchanges has lost over 1 Trillion $ in couple of days, so it is NOT only Nigeria and has nothing to do with the Nigerian government
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by biztip: 3:17pm On May 11, 2019
expect nothing good under his excellency Buhari
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by MrCEO69(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2019
Pipapi1:
I need a web designer to help develop websites for the following:
1. Children playground facilities for visit or hire
2. E-commerce website similar to Jumia but specific to providing services with few goods/materials.

Send your proposals or contacts details to la_bahiq@yahoo.com
Hey, will be contacting you
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days by budaatum: 5:43pm On May 11, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

True but some countries don't even have a stock market here in Africa. The smaller countries that do have five companies maximum Listed. A lot of Nigerians used to be involved in the stock market in the mid 2000s until it was destroyed by lies and falsehood.
When sai bubu say he is fighting corruption dem go say im no do. No be corruption spoil stock market so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Accurate Forex Signals / MMM: Another Crash Iminent As 'admin' Releases A SOS Message / Twitter IPO Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.