Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span (14070 Views)

Consumption Of These 4 Foods May Cause Eye Damage / Hashimoto's Shorten Life Expectancy? / The Reasons Why You Need To Be Eating More Of Fish Meat Than Every Other Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 11, 2019
bad family (home enemy) and evil friends kills faster than processed food

2 Likes

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Emyjeze(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2019
Had noodles in my mouth and more in the plate and pot when i started reading this. . . . Going through it i saw '' instant noodles'' and i was like

2 Likes

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Bitterleafsoup: 2:29pm On May 11, 2019
AngryParrot1:

I like what u said about packaged & processed foods making youths lack sense. Actually, these processed foods are made up of starch, sugar and blood! These foods are not electric foods. Meaning they contain no minerals. They become poisonous to the nerves & brain cells. This will surely affect a persons reasoning.
I am a firm believer of electric food! It has literally sharpened my mind, and improved the quality of my thoughts.
Thank you for posting that I hope we can bring more people to our way of thinking. The violence, discord, addictions, confusion, wickedness is from the food we eat. Only a farming revolution will help us. We are no longer GROUNDED touching the earth. Those that do are in danger with Herdsman angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Jaqenhghar: 2:31pm On May 11, 2019
We'll all die anyway.
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Jaqenhghar: 2:33pm On May 11, 2019
Bitterleafsoup:
Thank you for posting that I hope we can bring more people to our way of thinking. The violence, discord, addictions, confusion, wickedness is from the food we eat. Only a farming revolution will help us. We are no longer GROUNDED touching the earth. Those that do are in danger with Herdsman angry
m
So you mean to tell me all those kidnappers or the hungry SARS officials accosting and robbing people are that way because of ultra processed food. SMH
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Jaqenhghar: 2:35pm On May 11, 2019
You just got to love Niggerians. Only in Niggeria will a man pull up stuff out his ass and pass it off as fact .. and the best part is people will agree with it...... and even better they will argue with people with knowledge. SMH
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by kelvinUchiha(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2019
Dentalgist:
Need another reason to monitor your intake of ultra-processed foods? Cutting down on your amounts could help you live longer.

In an observational study published online Feb. 11, 2019, by JAMA Internal Medicine, almost 45,000 adults ages 45 and older completed several dietary assessments over a two-year period. On average, ultra-processed foods made up about 15% of their daily diet as measured in grams.

Ultra-processed food was defined as ready-to-eat and microwaveable foods, such as bread, breakfast cereals, instant noodles, chicken or fish nuggets, chocolate bars and candies, chips, and artificially sweetened beverages.

After nine years, the researchers found a direct statistical connection between higher intake of ultra-processed food and a higher risk of early death from all causes, especially cancers and cardiovascular disease.

Several factors might explain the connection, according to the researchers. Ultra-processed foods often have fewer nutrients than unprocessed foods, and they contain higher amounts of sugar, salt, saturated fat, and food additives, all of which are associated with an increased risk for chronic diseases.

Besides cutting back on processed foods, the researchers suggested people read food labels when shopping and choose products with a shorter list of ingredients and few or no additives.

https://dentalgist.ng/eating-more-ultra-processed-foods-may-shorten-life-span

OP please in Pasta among them.
Spaghetti and macaroni
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 11, 2019
mybestlove:
Eating these days is gradually becoming a taboo. One research after the other condemns every food you can think of. The only safe food today is only fruits and vegetables. Are we to be vegetarians?

My grandpa was eating fufu in the morning, fufu in the afternoon and same at night, just anytime he feels like eating it and lived up to 89 years but today fufu is condemned. All these rich men with their cooks and chefs are easily diagnosed of cancer etc.

What I'm saying is: please don't mind these people and their research, eat whatever hungries you.

The fufu your grandfather ate is not the problem...the thing is that the soups he used in eating them were not prepared with artificial seasonings like Onga, Maggi etc
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 11, 2019
Emyjeze:
Had noodles in my mouth and more in the plate and pot when i started reading this. . . . Going through it i saw '' instant noodles'' and i was like

grin grin grin
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Hortland6530: 3:44pm On May 11, 2019
hian

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Kingkun69(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2019
ednut1:
You can eat organic and car go still jam u and u die before 30
grin grin; D lwkmd leave them they will be eating their grass if person shoot u GBAM
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by richie240: 4:21pm On May 11, 2019
AngryParrot1:

I like what u said about packaged & processed foods making youths lack sense. Actually, these processed foods are made up of starch, sugar and blood! These foods are not electric foods. Meaning they contain no minerals. They become poisonous to the nerves & brain cells. This will surely affect a persons reasoning.
I am a firm believer of electric food! It has literally sharpened my mind, and improved the quality of my thoughts.
I agree ......but can u throw more light on d bolded?
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by lakesider(m): 6:23pm On May 11, 2019
Yes but the life expectancy in Germany is 96 years
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Bitterleafsoup: 7:19pm On May 11, 2019
Biglittlelois:

How is eating fast food long throat? How can food eaten by youths change the country? You sound like a bitter person, change your moniker to Bitter Human.
Stupid people in this country anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyQY8a-ng6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d2BP7oC_8
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Bitterleafsoup: 7:20pm On May 11, 2019
richie240:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d2BP7oC_8
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by kaydp: 9:16pm On May 11, 2019
grin grin grin
Blakjewelry:
many people will prefer to go out that way because if hunger don blast you before, you know say there is a difference between 6 and half a dozen
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by kalvoken(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2019
mybestlove:
Eating these days is gradually becoming a taboo. One research after the other condemns every food you can think of. The only safe food today is only fruits and vegetables. Are we to be vegetarians?

My grandpa was eating fufu in the morning, fufu in the afternoon and same at night, just anytime he feels like eating it and lived up to 89 years but today fufu is condemned. All these rich men with their cooks and chefs are easily diagnosed of cancer etc.

What I'm saying is: please don't mind these people and their research, eat whatever hungries you.

I once watched a program on TV where one doctor was explaining how unsafe some fruits and vegetables can be. That inorganic vegetables/fruits are very dangerous to the body.

Then he was asked how one can detect organic from inorganic fruits or vegetables. HE started stammering!
This people are only out there to confuse us. Eat whatever that's good to your body

1 Like

Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by Rozaytee: 2:04pm On May 12, 2019
ednut1:
You can eat organic and car go still jam u and u die before 30
and Wat if car no come jam u
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by AngryParrot1: 8:33am On May 13, 2019
richie240:

OK. By blood, I mean excess meat consumption.
Re: Eating More Ultra-processed Foods May Shorten Life Span by AngryParrot1: 8:42am On May 13, 2019
Bitterleafsoup:
Unfortunately. But nature will always balance out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Has A Mental Problem / 20-30% Of Nigerians Are Suffering Mental Disorders – Nigerian Govt / COVID-19 Update For December 12 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.