Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near (2551 Views)

Euphrates Dried Up And Now Earthquake In Turkey . The End Is Here / Leke Adeboye: Politicians Become Strong Church Members When Election Is Near / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Earthkumy(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2019
I'm not a prosperity preacher so I'm not going to sugar coat it.

Jesus says I should tell all that the end is near.

Terrible time wait the children of disobedience.

Hell is waiting and heaven is waiting

Make your choice wisely

#Jesussaves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Earthkumy(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2019
The Light shine and darkness comprehend it not

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Jman06(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2019
Tell Jesus that I don't give a freaking fuckkkk

Let him end it already and stop threatening!

What's so good about the world in the first place

9 Likes

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Earthkumy(m): 4:35pm On May 11, 2019
Jman06:
Tell Jesus that I don't give a freaking fuckkkk

Let him end it already and stop threatening!

What's so good about the world in the first place

Is not a treat dear is a warning

Jesus is coming soon

Accept Him now
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Jman06(m): 4:42pm On May 11, 2019
Earthkumy:

Jesus is coming soon
Accept Him now
Who is holding him from coming
Let him kuku come nau! this life sef don tire many people
Should we be warned about the coming of a supposedly savior

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 4:46pm On May 11, 2019
A word is enough for the wise(To whom it may concern)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 5:12pm On May 11, 2019
EmperorHarry:
A word is enough for the wise(To whom it may concern)

The Jesus is coming soon stuff has already gotten old.

There's also the anthropocentric mentality to it, that out tiny insignificant world in all there is, and once it ends the universe ends as well.

Such mentality is detrimental to humanity, because it's shifts focus away from reality. People would care less about the issues facing us right now, because the world would end anyways and every problem would be gone , so why care about pressing issues such as the environment, global warming, mass extinction etc.

The universe is over 13 billion years old, and I don't see it ending anytime soon.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 5:40pm On May 11, 2019
Heathen777:

The Jesus is coming soon stuff has already gotten old.
It never gets old only less effective as it used to. People believe what they want to believe so please let them.

There's also the anthropocentric mentality to it, that out tiny insignificant world in all there is, and once it ends the universe ends as well.
You see that is an absolute certainty.The end is a must.Extinction shows that anything that existed once can cease to exist including humans. Humans are most likely to go extinct at some point (from causes we created by ourselves or natural causes) which is similar to the religious version of human extinction from earth,only that we get to come back again for the second time.

Such mentality is detrimental to humanity, because it's shifts focus away from reality. People would care less about the issues facing us right now, because the world would end anyways and every problem would be gone , so why care about pressing issues such as the environment, global warming, mass extinction etc.
I disagree with you on this one because I see it as an excuse for people to do what they really want to do. Religious views or not, making earth a better place is a personal decision. Now science created this environmental mess we are in not even religion.It's one of the cons associated with manipulating the original state of nature. Pointing fingers won't be of any use to us,now we have to collectively improve certain things and try to reduce the rate at which our world is destroying

The universe is over 13 billion years old, and I don't see it ending anytime soon.
The universe may not have any expiration date(maybe it doesn't even have a manufacturing date either) but humans do and what is the universe without intelligent life capable of appreciating it?
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 6:56pm On May 11, 2019
EmperorHarry:
It never gets old only less effective as it used to. People believe what they want to believe so please let them.

It's over 2,000 years old, you can't use the word " coming soon"again.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 7:07pm On May 11, 2019
Heathen777:

It's over 2,000 years old, you can't use the word " coming soon"again.
Hmmm...You don't consider the past when using the words "coming soon".You use the present and future. So the words remain valid.

I checked out your profile and saw a twenty one pilots reference..Are you a fan? Or it's just heathens you've heard of.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2019
EmperorHarry:

Hmmm...You don't consider the past when using the words "coming soon".You use the present and future. So the words remain valid.

> You don't say you're coming soon and still aren't there 2,000+ years later.... If anything that's a failed prophecy (at least in regards to the timing )

I checked out your profile and saw a twenty one pilots reference..Are you a fan? Or it's just heathens you've heard of.

> Yah they're OK
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 7:28pm On May 11, 2019
Heathen777:

> You don't say you're coming soon and still aren't there 2,000+ years later.... If anything that's a failed prophecy (at least in regards to the timing )
If I told you I was coming without giving you a specific time period. I become independent of any time frame set by anyone else but myself. So it's actually not a failed prophecy but a prophecy that's yet to happen. Now there was actually a questionable time frame which is still up for debate,where Jesus stated that the current generation shall not pass before the son of man returns but he also predicted the events that would become a norm when he would come.

> Yah they're OK
You just called one of my fav bands OK...Shame on you(Lol.jk)
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Uyi168: 9:42pm On May 11, 2019
What' stopping him from telling us himself??

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 11, 2019
Jman06:
Who is holding him from coming

Let him kuku come nau! this life sef don tire many people

Should we be warned about the coming of a supposedly savior

Good question.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 11:31pm On May 11, 2019
EmperorHarry:
If I told you I was coming without giving you a specific time period. I become independent of any time frame set by anyone else but myself. So it's actually not a failed prophecy but a prophecy that's yet to happen. Now there was actually a questionable time frame which is still up for debate,where Jesus stated that the current generation shall not pass before the son of man returns but he also predicted the events that would become a norm when he would come.

Yes the prophesied events were all just vague and actually common occurrences. It's like predicting there would be a meteor strike on the earth based on signs such as storms, tornadoes, tsunami's and human conflict.

It makes no difference if I didn't mention such "warning signs", because they frequently happen.

SIDE NOTE: you'd think the creator of the universe would come down to give human a kick start on progress, by teaching us things worthwile things like antibiotics, electricity, E = mc^2 .

Instead we are thought that demons causes mental illness (obviously modern science has found such causes, so we don't accept that explanation again),and he faith alone heals sickness, with no emphasis on medicine, sanitation etc ( which could have save millions of people).
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Nobody: 12:08am On May 12, 2019
Earthkumy:

Make your choice wisely

#Jesussaves
My Lord and Master.

I love you so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 11:55am On May 12, 2019
Heathen777:

Yes the prophesied events were all just vague and actually common occurrences. It's like predicting there would be a meteor strike on the earth based on signs such as storms, tornadoes, tsunami's and human conflict.
These events(excluding human conflict) were not common 2000 years ago. Read Matthew 24:4-14. Emphasis should be on 10-14. I'm inconclusive as to whether the prophesy on the return of christ is true or false but the predictions are remarkably correct.

It makes no difference if I didn't mention such "warning signs", because they frequently happen.
But it does make a difference even to rational and empirical thinkers. Even if Jesus isn't the saviour of the world,he was a genius to predict the things he said with most of them already coming to pass.

SIDE NOTE: you'd think the creator of the universe would come down to give human a kick start on progress, by teaching us things worthwile things like antibiotics, electricity, E = mc^2 .
That wasn't the reason he was sent here. He was more of a moral philosopher. He was sent exclusively to the lost sheep of the children of Israel.

Instead we are thought that demons causes mental illness (obviously modern science has found such causes, so we don't accept that explanation again)
I'm not certain whether demons actually exist or not but what I do know is I'll remain open minded about it until I'm 100% certain they do or don't,
and he faith alone heals sickness, with no emphasis on medicine, sanitation etc ( which could have save millions of people).
I'd like to think herbal remedies were available back then.An example would be the woman with the issue of blood receiving her healing after visiting the "doctors" for years looking for a cure to her ailment. Ignorance and delusion is what would make a person believe faith alone heals.
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Brock1: 12:40pm On May 12, 2019
Earthkumy:

Jesus is coming soon

Accept Him now

Jesus is coming soon, Jesus is coming soon, naso dem dey talk am since d days of his disciples.

Pls let Jesus com, life is not good, sin every Wia especially Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
EmperorHarry:
These events(excluding human conflict) were not common 2000 years ago. Read Matthew 24:4-14. Emphasis should be on 10-14. I'm inconclusive as to whether the prophesy on the return of christ is true or false but the predictions are remarkably correct.

Please what part of Matthew 24:4-14 is remarkably correct?

But it does make a difference even to rational and empirical thinkers. Even if Jesus isn't the saviour of the world,he was a genius to predict the things he said with most of them already coming to pass.

Saying Earthquakes, Wars, Famines would happen is as much a prophecy as saying the sky would turn dark after 7 pm. There nothing remarkable about these prophecies. The only part which seemed somewhat accurate is the part where he talked about many people turning away from the faith, but this is only true for some developed nations not worldwide , by some estimations the numbers of Christians is set to reach 3bn by the middle of the century compared to 2.2 bn today. Again a failed prediction from Jesus.

That wasn't the reason he was sent here. He was more of a moral philosopher. He was sent exclusively to the lost sheep of the children of Israel.

He was sent here to save, wasn't he.. Well think of the lives he would have saved if he shared some knowledge on medicine such as penicillin. How did he expect people of the modern century to take his divinity seriously if the best he could leave behind was some writers claiming he did miracles...

Why would we have to believe Christ is divine if he couldn't share something that would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is out of this world. Like say advanced scientific knowledge millenniums ahead of his time.

I'm not certain whether demons actually exist or not but what I do know is I'll remain open minded about it until I'm 100% certain they do or don't,
I'd like to think herbal remedies were available back then.An example would be the woman with the issue of blood receiving her healing after visiting the "doctors" for years looking for a cure to her ailment. Ignorance and delusion is what would make a person believe faith alone heals.
True, but given how much emphasis the bible put on Christ being more than sufficient for healing, it's no surprise why some religious folks would sometimes even disregard modern medicine and opt in for faith based healing.
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by EmperorHarry: 3:26pm On May 12, 2019
Heathen777:

Please what part of Matthew 24:4-14 is remarkably correct?
Reread the verses with an open mind and compare those predictions with what is happening today.

Saying Earthquakes, Wars, Famines would happen is as much a prophecy as saying the sky would turn dark after 7 pm.
True.But you see he didn't predict these events to wow anybody.He did so to warn them.
There nothing remarkable about these prophecies. The only part which seemed somewhat accurate is the part where he talked about many people turning away from the faith, but this is only true for some developed nations not worldwide ,
I never said the prophecies were remarkable but "remarkably correct".People's love for the faith would wax cold because iniquity would be the norm"
by some estimations the numbers of Christians is set to reach 3bn by the middle of the century compared to 2.2 bn today. Again a failed prediction from Jesus.
It isn't a failed prediction as I've quoted above.It was a misinterpretation on your part. So it wasn't really about the population of believers.

He was sent here to save, wasn't he.. Well think of the lives he would have saved if he shared some knowledge on medicine such as penicillin. How did he expect people of the modern century to take his divinity seriously if the best he could leave behind was some writers claiming he did miracles...
Miracles trump science in my opinion because miracles defy logic.Penicillin or something even better would have been discovered anyways.

Why would we have to believe Christ is divine if he couldn't share something that would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is out of this world. Like say advanced scientific knowledge millenniums ahead of his time.
If he did things that defied logic,what other signs do you need? Like I said before he was more of a moral philosopher as regards to sharing nonreligious teachings.

True, but given how much emphasis the bible put on Christ being more than sufficient for healing, it's no surprise why some religious folks would sometimes even disregard modern medicine and opt in for faith based healing.
Ignorance and dimwittedness is dependent on the individual. Not everybody in Israel were recorded to have come to Jesus for healing or would you say there weren't other minor illnesses befalling the children of Israel while he was amongst them?
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 5:12pm On May 12, 2019
EmperorHarry:
Reread the verses with an open mind and compare those predictions with what is happening today.

True.But you see he didn't predict these events to wow anybody.He did so to warn them.

I didn't say he needs to "wow"anyone, I'm saying he could've done a better job stating more substantial and relevant "signs of his coming", or he shouldn't have even bothered.

Miracles trump science in my opinion because miracles defy logic.Penicillin or something even better would have been discovered anyways.
So performing miracles, to heal a group of sick people in a little geographic area during a certain era, was better than providing knowledge on how to treat both minor and major ailment, that would help anybody, anywhere, irrespective of the era?

If he did things that defied logic,what other signs do you need? Like I said before he was more of a moral philosopher as regards to sharing nonreligious teachings.
The supposed miracles , as any other supposed miracles could've been staged, and even falseley claimed to have happened. Anybody born outside of Jesus's era, would have no substantial proof that those miracles infact did happen.

Assuming Jesus did tell us .... say something about the existence of other galaxies, planets, atoms, germs, etc. And they were confirmed later down in the future, this would have been a much more credible case to believe Jesus wasn't any normal ol human being. Why would god's best evidence that he came down to earth, be scribled scripts that claimed he did magic tricks here and there, why not something more credible, something that couldn't have have been known, or done by men at that era?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2019
Earthkumy:

Make your choice wisely

#Jesussaves

This your Jesus knows how to come soon o, 2000years later and he is still coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Heathen777(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2019
LordReed:

This your Jesus knows how to come soon o, 2000years later and he is still coming soon.

That's as soon as it takes a snail to crawl from Egypt to South Africa
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by LordReed(m): 5:41pm On May 12, 2019
Heathen777:

Even a snail would have gone and come back. Johannesburg to Cairo is 5000miles approx. A snail moves at 0.03mph that's approximately 180,000 hours approx 7,500 days. So possibly a snail would have made the trip at least 5 times since the supposed Jesus lived.

Don't mind me, I love calculations.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by OtemAtum: 12:41am On May 13, 2019
Tell Jesus that we don't give a damn. Fictitious Jesus isn't even a conscious soul, you are.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by OtemAtum: 12:42am On May 13, 2019
LordReed:

Even a snail would have gone and come back. Johannesburg to Cairo is 5000miles approx. A snail moves at 0.03mph that's approximately 180,000 hours approx 7,500 days. So possibly a snail would have made the trip at least 5 times since the supposed Jesus lived.

Don't mind me, I love calculations.
I like your analysis.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by OtemAtum: 12:43am On May 13, 2019
Heathen777:

Comparing Jesus to a snail, chai! Yahweh have really suffered.
Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by OtemAtum: 12:47am On May 13, 2019
Heathen777: The only part which seemed somewhat accurate is the part where he talked about many people turning away from the faith...
This prediction can also be done with common sense. From the timeline of humanity, many people will always join a particular belief and then turn away from it after discovering the truth. The writer of the book of Matthew knew that his religion cannot be an exception to this.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by OtemAtum: 12:50am On May 13, 2019
EmperorHarry:

You just called one of my fav bands OK...Shame on you(Lol.jk)
Do you know the dictionary meaning of soon at all? Isn't it dishonest to say that 2000+ years is soon?
BTW, your Jesus isn't coming because it is a fictitious character made by Paul and co. Go and read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for more info.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by sonmvayina(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2019
The part that really cracks me up is where he was ascending to heaven and then two angels appears and tells the people standing and watching "this same jesus you see going up to heaven, will come in like manner".... And then all of them died without seeing him come back or descend... How are we supposed to know how he went.. When we were not there...

Fake story

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Earthkumy(m): 7:14pm On May 13, 2019
sonmvayina:
The part that really cracks me up is where he was ascending to heaven and then two angels appears and tells the people standing and watching "this same jesus you see going up to heaven, will come in like manner".... And then all of them died without seeing him come back or descend... How are we supposed to know how he went.. When we were not there...

Fake story

Still deep in your heart you know is true

Jesus is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near by Earthkumy(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2019
OtemAtum:
Tell Jesus that we don't give a damn. Fictitious Jesus isn't even a conscious soul, you are.

Jesus loves you and he wants you to make heaven, but the choice is yours

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. / Photos: Icons From The Bible Depicted As Africans / The Law Was Abolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.