Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer (18111 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / 'Children Should Bear The Name Of The Mother Not The Father' - Sugabelly Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 11, 2019
Yankiss:
Sugabelly is paranoid. Whose house is the lady living in? Why will the man pay bride price of the woman? Sugabelly, when u are married, take your husband to your father's house, pay for his bridegroom price grin and let your children bear your name, nonsense. Being a husband is not easy.

It has nothing to do with bride price and whose house they live in. Women pay dowry in India, yet it is a patrilineal society, Nigeria is one too.

Enough of this bride price talk, some tribes do not even practice it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by bluefilm: 8:42pm On May 11, 2019
Who the _fuck is this lesbian? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by MelaninGold(f): 8:44pm On May 11, 2019
I believe women should be allowed to name their babies and even their kids should bare a part of her maiden name. Women go through hell to bring forth children, any woman who has been to the labour room and back will tell you.

I am a new mom to a lovely little sweet princess, just birthed her yesterday after 3 days of labour.

Salute to all the moms out there. Now I have seen and felt what it is like. The thing get as eh be.

Ladies if you haven't been there,respect your mother, and men respect women.

My baby has been given a name from my tribe although her father is of a different tribe. She also bares a part of my maiden name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by emerged01(m): 8:49pm On May 11, 2019
Lol! The man the owns the seed nko? If she can get pregnant without a man,I will advice her to go with her opinion.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
Sugabelly is psychologically messed up. She's not someone to be taken seriously

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by sundaygray(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2019
This idiot dey find my talk. I'm a, simple man, if you want to keep your surname after we get married? I nor marry again! You want our child to bear the mother's name as if na the your papa give you belle... I nor marry. I don't like stress in my life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by ogawisdom(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2019
Children are overrated

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by SachaBastien(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2019
There is nothing sweet about sugabelly. She is all bitterness and vileness.
We have lived in a patriarchal society from primordial. The male propagates his father's lineage and the female is married off and becomes a part of another male's quests to enlarge his coast. If we must relegate the male for a matriarchal society, women must go to war while men sit at home. Construction of skyscrapers would be left to women while men are at the barbershop tending to their hairs. I mean no disrespect to women but it's a man's world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by ofiko123(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2019
What kind of nonsense is this...
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Jamiedani: 8:57pm On May 11, 2019
I guess it's time men starts going their own way. Society is really against men. Hypergamy and female nature is real. The earlier you realize this as a man, the better. Women are not worth it. Society empowers women and bedevil the man. Go check out what is happening in divorce court and how 95% of their judges side with the women. With the way things are, marriage is seriously overrated. A wise man once said MARRIAGE IS FOR THE POOR, CAUSE THEY GAT NOTHING TO LOSE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by cococandy(f): 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
Not one intelligent response to her comment. Only whining, personal attacks, emotional rants and blackmail. Not one single intelligent response in sight.

sundaygray:
This idiot dey find my talk. I'm a, simple man, if you want to keep your surname after we get married? I nor marry again! You want our child to bear the mother's name as if na the your papa give you belle... I nor marry. I don't like stress in my life
SachaBastien:
We have lived in a patriarchal society from primordial. The male propagates his father's lineage and the female is married off and becomes a part of another male's quests to enlarge his coast. If we must relegate the male for a matriarchal society, women must go to war while men sit at home. Construction of skyscrapers would be left to women while men are at the barbershop tending to their hairs. I mean no disrespect to women but it's a man's world.
GidiWoodsMan:
Sugabelly is psychologically messed up. She's not someone to be taken seriously
bluefilm:
Who the _fuck is this lesbian? undecided undecided undecided
Ttrrffyyghuuh:
no be the same sugarbelly wey dey popular some years back say governor son rape am or something like that lol.......
I truly believe that women who get used and dumped take up feminism almost immediately grin grin
Abeg shift make person see road grin
DissTroy:
Patriarchy benefits women even more.

Men just get the names while women reap us off in the long run. You bear your father's name but your mum gets all of the benefits.

Hey. In parts of the world, matriarchy is in full effect. I know this to be true in Nembe, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Yankiss:
Sugabelly is paranoid. Whose house is the lady living in? Why will the man pay bride price of the woman? Sugabelly, when u are married, take your husband to your father's house, pay for his bridegroom price grin and let your children bear your name, nonsense. Being a husband is not easy.

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Uka15(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2019
All these Circumcised slay olosho queen don come again .
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Saintzykie: 9:11pm On May 11, 2019
grin una no go kill me for nairaland. See insult na
QueenSekxy:

Now, repeat this to your mother.
Ajo nwa sad
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by oglalasioux(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
In large polygamous families, children actually bear their mother's first name as surname to tell them apart. Such name pattern sticks till today. In my hometown, most people born till the late 1980s are identified by their mother's first name. There's nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by bluefilm: 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
cococandy:
Not one intelligent response to her comment. Only whining, personal attacks, emotional rants and blackmail. Not one single intelligent response in sight.

At the mention of the word ''lesbian'' you always appear.

But that's not the issue now.

The main issue now is why on earth will you not give your children, if any, your own name going by the fact that you already believe men are inferior to you?

Shame on you if you personally go against giving your children, if any, your own name rather than that of your husband, if any.

Deluded fools. lipsrsealed

You dey do feminism nonsense abi?

You think you can fight nature, abi?

Continue...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Yankiss(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2019
cococandy:

Please, Cococandy, can you give us the template of an intelligent response? grin grin We are a bunch of lack-comprehend male chauvinists.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by owila4luv(m): 9:20pm On May 11, 2019
some people just wan talk for talking sake! nobe say them no know the truth o!

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by stagger: 9:20pm On May 11, 2019
A lof of idiots have been unleashed into the world.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Unconquerable: 9:22pm On May 11, 2019
Ryan03:
If my wife wishes to add her father's name to my name, i really Dont care, even if she Dont want to change her name after marriage, as long as it will not affect my home negatively then it shouldn't be a problem. Some things we take too serious are not really serious, for a couple that really loves each other, name seem very trival to cause issues
It is men like you that stand by and watch their wives gradually take over the home. A person’s name is their identity. Why is it that even without really knowing someone but the moment you hear their name you already have an idea where they are from. Stop trying to please women and do what is right. Love can never drown truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by cvibe2: 9:32pm On May 11, 2019
As it was written before my father's, it will not change in my time.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Unconquerable: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
The average Nigerian woman is both pregnant and carrying a child at the same time: give them a yard and they take a mile.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
cococandy:

grin grin Madam coco, there's no debate here, you're a married woman, in a liberated society, if you feel she's making sense, or she spoke truth, talk to your hubby about it and let your children's surname be your fathers name, you could change yours to a hyphenated version while you're at it grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Dalby(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2019
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian writer Sugabelly has explained the reason why a child should take the woman’s surname, instead of the man’s.

In her opinion, she believes the pains of childbirth are enough for the the child to be named after the mother and not the father.

Read her post:

Everyone fights so much about women taking their husband’s name when the real issue is why should the child bear the father’s surname when women are the ones who face death to give birth, and the ones who do majority of all child care worldwide?

And it’s actually true. Every woman who gets pregnant knows or should know that there is a distinct chance of her not making it out of the labour room alive. That’s the reason why the first statement always made about a new birth is “Mother and child are both healthy” Women die.

One of her followers then wrote that he who proposes should get the name

She then responded saying proposal can never be equated with giving birth to a child and nurturing the child for a lifetime.

she replied:

Because proposing marriage is equal to giving birth and nurturing that life for a lifetime not to mention years of unpaid and unappreciated domestic labour

https://lailasnews.com/reason-why-a-child-should-take-the-womans-surname-writer/

Only the women talk about pain during sex and groan so much....Na una only dey talk about pain of child birth...One man earth worm na another man snake lipsrsealed
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by legalwealth(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2019
owila4luv:
some people just wan talk for talking sake! nobe say them no know the truth o!

grin grin grin
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by godofuck231: 9:39pm On May 11, 2019
LesbianBoy:
I have no problem with idiots like this and their opinions! What I have a problem is how they still want to be treated like queens like other humble and sensible girls who knows the right thing to do.

In fact if you are a man here and your wife has a hyphenated surname YOU ARE A MUGU! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO REAL MEN! **Spits* angry
where is her king first, and secondly can she afford a real crown? She's a poor writte , end.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by fredoooooo: 9:40pm On May 11, 2019
En siere , una go just wake up one day start bringing useless ideas ..... na o ly una know the type of weed una dey smoke ... angry
Awon omo ale deede angry
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by EazyMoh(m): 9:46pm On May 11, 2019
I remember this girl. One thing I know is that she can write fantastic English. cheesy
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by TemmyT002(m): 9:49pm On May 11, 2019
People like these always find excuses to cover the real fact that they are doing this because they get heartbroken by men.
Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Smile4mee01: 9:54pm On May 11, 2019
Please tell them..

I subtly think that women are just beefing men. They want to control the world and dictate what happens. Freedom for women most times leads to women being damaged.

At work place, they are quick to take up benefits and slow to accept more job responsibilities. Why?

In sports, they are asking for equal pay when they clearlly dont generate equal marketing sponsporships.

In politics, they are requesting to occupy more political offices when they dont even qualify. How much diffrence have the women in office made?

In marriage, they want get all the benefits and when they divorce you, they strip you of your wealth.

Women : please know your place in the world, the prophecy is with the male child. African culture knows this and that is why most men crave to have at least a Son.
Men : Women are coming for us, watch it. Please , always put yourself first. Consider going MGTOW.

SachaBastien:

2 Likes

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by Ryan03(f): 9:54pm On May 11, 2019
Unconquerable:
It is men like you that stand by and watch their wives gradually take over the home. A person’s name is their identity. Why is it that even without really knowing someone but the moment you hear their name you already have an idea where they are from. Stop trying to please women and do what is right. Love can never drown truth.
I try to please nobody but myself, we were raised in different homes, by different parents with different believe. I have made my opinion known, you are free to make yours, you Dont have to force me to accept yours. I really Dont take the name thing serious, the fact that i am married to you doesnt mean you should do things you are not Comfortable with all in the name of "that is how it has been", i Dont live by such rules

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer by wristbangle: 9:55pm On May 11, 2019
It seems everyday is now pregnant with useless slay queens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Household Chores? / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? / What Principle Has Kept You Through Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.