Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today (3724 Views)

List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) / 8 Electric Cars That Sells Below N14 Million (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 5:16pm On May 11, 2019
Following the series of very uninformed comments I have been seeing on this forum since yesterday, I’d love to clarify a few things about electric cars that strangely, many Nigerians do not seem to know.

Some people have stated severally that “Nigeria is not ready for electric cars, where is the electricity for it, electricity will be constant first”, etc forgetting that they charge their phones every day. These assertions are wrong and I will explain.

I’ll try to make my write-up as concise as possible.

NB: I will base all my explanations on the best electric car currently – the Tesla Model 3.

1. Range: Electric cars can last several miles on one charge. The Tesla 3 Long Range version lasts 325 miles / 500km on one charge.

Let’s consider this:
Ikeja-Lekki is 30 miles (according to Google directions) & Lekki-Yaba is 20 miles. We'll be more realistic and factor in the mad Lagos traffic & double the distances. So, (Ikeja–Lekki = 60miles & Yaba-Lekki = 40 miles). Let’s also double that figure to represent the to & fro distance which now makes (Ikeja –Lekki to & fro with serious traffic = 120miles & Yaba-Lekki to & fro with serious traffic = 80 miles).

So, 325 miles / 80 miles ≈ 4 days
325 miles / 120 miles ≈ 3 days

This means that worst case scenario, a Tesla 3 can take you from home to work for 3 days for Ikeja-Lekki route and a good 4 days for Yaba-Lekki route ON ONE CHARGE.
Lagos to Ibadan =130km
Lagos to Benin =314km
Lagos to Asaba = 436km

This means you can take a full charge straight to Asaba without bothering about recharging. For Ibadan, you will go & return without any need to recharge.

You will all agree that this is very good.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 5:17pm On May 11, 2019
2. Charging: The next obvious question is “how do we charge?”
Really, this isn’t that difficult. Just like we have filling stations now, charging centres will be made available on major roads & parking lots. However, Tesla 3 takes 30mins to reach 50%, 60 mins to reach 75% and 75mins for a full charge. Charging can be done once you get to your destination, the charging attendants at the recharge centre handle your car & you can pick it up later.

Think of it like a car wash, you park your car, go back home or you pick a drink & watch a football match until your car is ready. This will even create businesses and jobs as more charging centres will open up in every nook & cranny of the country to cash in.
A whole building on several floors can be converted to a parking lot and fitted with charging ports or hotels, bars, shopping malls like ShopRite installing charging ports at every parking space.

3. Charging Rates: You’ll be surprised to find out how cheap it will be to charge an electric car even as bad as our current power situation is. The Tesla 3 has a battery capacity of 75 kilowatts.

The current PHCN rate is N4 per kw which means to charge a Tesla 3 Long Range version fully will cost;
4 naira x 75 kilowatts = N300.
Let’s assume the charging centre will add some miscellaneous costs to drive up the price to N500 or N1,000.

Compare it to how many thousands you will spend to fuel your car from Lagos to Asaba or Ikeja-Lekki for 4 days.
Also, don’t forget solar power will be cheaper and businesses are just good at finding cheaper ways to maximize profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 5:17pm On May 11, 2019
4. Car Price: Not much to explain here.

The Tesla 3 costs $35,000 ≈ N12,775,000
The Toyota Camry 2019 costs $25,000 ≈ N9,125,000

Just 3 million naira more is a bargain as you will not need to continue spending large sums on fuel and constant maintenance.

5. The Future: More car manufacturers are starting to venture into production of electric cars (Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Mitsubushi etc). It means that in 15 years, there will almost no new cars running on fossil fuels.

6. Other benefits:
a. Electric cars have zero emission. They do not produce carbon dioxide like our fossil fueled cars do so Nigerian cities will stop topping global pollution lists.

b. Electric cars are cheaper to maintain and more durable.

c. Electric cars are quiet.

1 Like

7. Finally, How Electric Cars Can Boost The Economy: Yesterday, I used the telecoms industry
as an example and I will elucidate.

Before GSM was introduced in 2003, many people said we were not ready for such and only the elite would afford it. SIM cards were N20k, phones were even more expensive. But we all know what happened.

Ordinary Nigerians paid those exorbitant amounts because they could see first-hand, how phones improved their business & communication. It was no longer a luxury but a necessity. NIPOST died & MTN boomed.
Due to the high demand for cell phones, SIM card prices dropped drastically; today they are free. Phone prices dropped too with various options to choose from today.

Let’s also note that we started out with ordinary GSM service. Gradually we grew to 2G, then Edge, then 3G, now 4G & 5G is here.

Many businesses are worth billions today because of that basic GSM service. Seun Osewa & Linda Ikeji’s businesses boomed not because only they could afford internet but because millions of other users could access their pages too. Wizkid & Davido would have been regional artistes like Remedies & Plantashun Boys, relying on physical referrals if not for ordinary GSM.
Today, they are signing international contracts from the comfort of their homes & buying Rolls Royces all thanks to basic GSM.

We must not expect electric cars to boom immediately but I predict it will be big in 5 years’ time if we start now. Electric cars might not sound feasible today, but if they are introduced now, Nigerians will switch in no time and that demand for it will drive the automobile market just like it happened in the telecoms industry.

As with mobile services, the cars will be improved upon. Demand will force the 500km range & the 75kw battery capacity to increase whilst the N12m car price, 75mins charging time & cost of electricity will also reduce.

Let’s make it happen.

Thank you.

NB: No spitting on this thread please.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by Harrymig1(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2019
Wether or not the government fight this development, I believe we will definitely adopt the use of electric cars, it's only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 5:41pm On May 11, 2019
Harrymig1:
Wether or not the government fight this development, I believe we will definitely adopt the use of electric cars, it's only a matter of time.

They just don't know it yet.

In 20 years, it will be only electric cars being imported. Even Rolls Royce is going electric.

What will the Presidents & Senators drive then? Fairly used conventional cars? grin

Lord Lugard was right, the black man only thinks of the present - he doesn't think about the future.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by Harrymig1(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2019
LuciferAkbar:

They just don't know it yet.

In 20 years, it will be only electric cars being imported. Even Rolls Royce is going electric.

What will the Presidents & Senators drive then? Fairly used conventional cars? grin

Lord Lugard was right, the black man only thinks of the present - he doesn't think about the future.

I agree with you

This the right time to strategically position ourselves as leaders in the adoption of it, but sadly they are yet to see the bright side of electric cars.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by wirinet(m): 5:58pm On May 11, 2019
I don't have the time or the energy to debunk most of your false assumptions, but this one stands out.

The current PHCN rate is N4 per kw which means to charge a Tesla 3 Long Range version fully will cost;
4 naira x 75 kilowatts = N300.
Let’s assume the charging centre will add some miscellaneous costs to drive up the price to N500 or N1,000.

PHCN rates varies between N21per kwh to about N28 per kwh for residential rate. Commercial rates are higher and higher still for 3 phase meter.

I am certain a charging station with expensive charging infrastructure and attendants would not cost less than N50 per kwh if power source is NEPA. If it is generator it can double that.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 6:09pm On May 11, 2019
wirinet:
[s]I don't have the time or the energy to debunk most of your false assumptions, [/s] but this one stands out.

PHCN rates varies between N21per kwh to about N28 per kwh for residential rate. Commercial rates are higher and higher still for 3 phase meter.

I am certain a charging station with expensive charging infrastructure and attendants would not cost less than N50 per kwh if power source is NEPA. If it is generator it can double that.

I used the lowest NERC rate for residential.

Even if tarriff rate is N50 per kw (highly unlikely), it will take just 3750 for a full charge which is way cheaper than buying fuel for Lagos to Benin/Asaba.

You have no point here.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by wirinet(m): 6:14pm On May 11, 2019
LuciferAkbar:

I used the lowest NERC rate for residential.

Even if tarriff rate is N50 per kw (highly unlikely), it will take 3750 for a full charge which is way cheaper than buying fuel for Lagos to Benin/Asaba.

You have no point here.

Which classification of tariff is N4/kwh?

How many times to you go to the petrol station and find out that their dispensers are being powered by generator?
N50/kwh is even a low estimate. NERC is set to increase tarrif very soon and tarrif are set for periodic increase every couple of years.

Here is the tariff structure of ikeja disco - http://www.ikejaelectric.com/newly-amended-myto-2-1-customer-tariff-classification-and-energy-charges/

The lowest commercial rate is N27.20.

I now see where you got your N4 price.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 6:23pm On May 11, 2019
wirinet:

Which classification of tariff is N4/kwh?

How many times to you go to the petrol station and find out that their dispensers are being powered by generator?
N50/kwh is even a low estimate. NERC is set to increase tarrif very soon and tarrif are set for periodic increase every couple of years.

Here:
https://www.nercng.org/index.php/home/consumers/how-much-do-i-pay-for-electricity

Like I stated above, SIM cards used to be N20,000, today it's practically free. Electric cars will be no different because demand will force all these tariffs down.

Don't forget there are other forms of electricity asides PHCN.

I'm glad how your concerns are no longer about availability of electricity. Don't worry about the cost, Nigerians will go for it if it proves its worth.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by wirinet(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2019
LuciferAkbar:

Like I stated above, SIM cards used to be N20,000, today it's practically free. Electric cars will be no different because demand will force all these tariffs down.

Don't forget there are other forms of electricity asides PHCN.

I'm glad how your concerns are no longer about availability of electricity. Don't worry about the cost, Nigerians will go for it if it proves its worth.

Sim cards are a different ball game from electric cars, just as GSM transmission is different from electricity transmission. Sim card costs next to nothing to produce, electric cars are expensive and complicated technology.

Which form of electricity can produce 75kwh of electricity easily and cost effective than grid electricity? I hope you will not say solar. I have some solar at home.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by wirinet(m): 7:23pm On May 11, 2019
Another Fable (my Yoruba brothers will say Fabu) is this;

The Tesla 3 costs $35,000 ≈ N12,775,000
The Toyota Camry 2019 costs $25,000 ≈ N9,125,000

Just 3 million naira more

The Telsa 3 is $35,000 in the US, by the time you add cost of shipping, insurance and import duties, and then dealers margin the cost will reach at least $70,000. At N360 to the dollar, that is about N25 million.

A toyota camry 2019 model that sells between $25,000 - $30,000 sells around N20 million according to jiji.com.
I guess a Tesla 3 that sells for $35,000 will sell for up to N30 million

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by AgentGoat: 10:42am On May 12, 2019
Nice write up. I respect your points.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by sooperrescue(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2019
Hybrid is not working, ehybrid is failing , e cars will come and go. With ehybrid, you can even charge it in your house overnight and from the Porsche panerama that was sold recently for butcher, the plug in charger was bad and the car failed. It was sold for 1m. A 2014 car. I will open a demolition center, the cells of the battery can be converted to better use.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by autologic: 2:05pm On May 12, 2019
Wether u want to believe or not ,EV is the future and the technology is getting cheaper and better everyday .
EV is the best selling car right now in Norway ,similar country like ours that has has abundance of crude oil deposit .
Serious thinking countries have committed huge resources and setting the right policy to encourage the disruption of vehicle technology in favour of EV and slamming huge tax to discontinue the production of fossil fuel powered vehicle while we still debating whether is feasible or not .The future is much closer than we think .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by CocoaOla: 2:21pm On May 12, 2019
LuciferAkbar:
Followienergy the series of very uninformed comments I have been seeing on this forum since yesterday, I’d love to clarify a few things about electric cars that strangely, many Nigerians do not seem to know.

Some people have stated severally that “Nigeria is not ready for electric cars, where is the electricity for it, electricity will be constant first”, etc forgetting that they charge their phones every day. These assertions are wrong and I will explain.

NB: I will base all my explanations on the best electric car currently – the Tesla Model 3.

1. Range: Electric cars can last several miles on one charge. The Tesla 3 Long Range version lasts 325 miles / 500km on one charge.

Let’s consider this:
Ikeja-Lekki is 30 miles (according to Google directions) & Lekki-Yaba is 20 miles. We'll be more realistic and factor in the mad Lagos traffic & double the distances. So, (Ikeja–Lekki = 60miles & Yaba-Lekki = 40 miles). Let’s also double that figure to represent the to & fro distance which now makes (Ikeja –Lekki to & fro with serious traffic = 120miles & Yaba-Lekki to & fro with serious traffic = 80 miles).

This means that worst case scenario, a Tesla 3 can take you from home to work for 3 days for Ikeja-Lekki route and a good 4 days for Yaba-Lekki route ON ONE CHARGE.
Lagos to Ibadan =130km
Lagos to Benin =314km
Lagos to Asaba = 436km

This means you can take a full charge straight to Asaba without bothering about recharging. For Ibadan, you will go & return without any need to recharge.

wow intelligent writers God Bless you

Electric car dont consume energy in traffic they save more battery energy and use regenerating breaking to recharge the battery best for traffic than fossil power engine which can last longer on high ways[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LeJeun3: 2:39pm On May 12, 2019

Someone already bought land to build a charging pod in my hood. Happy for that, but I trust Nigerians it’s won’t be cheaper than a petrol car ...... the person would want to recoup his investment in 6months.!!

sooperrescue:
Hybrid is not working, ehybrid is failing , e cars will come and go. With ehybrid, you can even charge it in your house overnight and from the Porsche panerama that was sold recently for butcher, the plug in charger was bad and the car failed. It was sold for 1m. A 2014 car. I will open a demolition center, the cells of the battery can be converted to better use.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 12, 2019
LuciferAkbar:
Following the series of very uninformed comments I have been seeing on this forum since yesterday, I’d love to clarify a few things about electric cars that strangely, many Nigerians do not seem to know.

Let’s consider this:

Lagos to Ibadan =130km
Lagos to Benin =314km
Lagos to Asaba = 436km

You may be right, but... the advantages outway the disadvantages. The only main advantage behind electric cars, is that the cost of buying petrol is outrageous. Because we don't have refineries in Nigeria, thanks to our failed system. Nothing ever works in this country. Everyday I buy petrol N1000 for my car, whenever I am going out. That is N1000 X 31 days = N31, 000. Excuse me sir, as for the issue of charging our phones everyday. What part of Nigeria are you living in sir? People charge their phones mostly in Bet9ja stores. While others charge it with their generators at home. There is hardly ever light. Even with their sharing formular in Edo State, of 6 hours light a day, BEDC are always inconsistent
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by sooperrescue(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2019
autologic:
Wether u want to believe or not ,EV is the future and the technology is getting cheaper and better everyday .
EV is the best selling car right now in Norway ,similar country like ours that has has abundance of crude oil deposit .
Serious thinking countries have committed huge resources and setting the right policy to encourage the disruption of vehicle technology in favour of EV and slamming huge tax to discontinue the production of fossil fuel powered vehicle while we still debating whether is feasible or not .The future is much closer than we think .
What about in America? Is it the best selling thing there. Before it will be number 1 in the US, they would have dumped all their fossil cars on us. The phev and hybrid cars are not working properly in the country and you say that electric cars is the future. We are busy copying these them and their situation is not the same as us here. Tomorrow we will ban cars driving into alausa because Paris did the same thing.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2019
wirinet:
Another Fable (my Yoruba brothers will say Fabu) is this;

The Telsa 3 is $35,000 in the US, by the time you add cost of shipping, insurance and import duties, and then dealers margin the cost will reach at least $70,000. At N360 to the dollar, that is about N25 million.

A toyota camry 2019 model that sells between $25,000 - $30,000 sells around N20 million according to jiji.com.
I guess a Tesla 3 that sells for $35,000 will sell for up to N30 million

Also, there's not a single Model 3 that costs $35k. Most start from 42k upwards.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by autologic: 3:43pm On May 12, 2019
sooperrescue:

What about in America? Is it the best selling thing there. Before it will be number 1 in the US, they would have dumped all their fossil cars on us. The phev and hybrid cars are not working properly in the country and you say that electric cars is the future. We are busy copying these them and their situation is not the same as us here. Tomorrow we will ban cars driving into alausa because Paris did the same thing.
Typical African only think of their present needs ,not so much concerned about the future or even planning for next few decades ,no wonder we are so backward intellectually and technologically ,no forward thinking plan at all ,what a pity . embarassed
The sole reason for EV is solely for environment and emission which which largely affects our health well-being and survival .
This environmental factors is what brought about the partial zero level gasoline vehicles ( SULEV,LEV
etc I) found in today's modern a cars which relies heavily on computer systems and modules ,which eventually replaced the ancient old mechanically driven carburetor engines . People with myopic view too cannot fathom the possible wide adoption of computer controlled nowadays modern car to replace the dianosour carburettor cars but they were proved wrong eventually .
Demands bring about technology innovation and eventual reduction in cost of productions ,check the stastics in demands of EV in US ,it is increasing geometrically ,it is a just a matter of time that it will surpass the old school fossil fuel powered vehicle .
Yes we are reactive people and we will be forced to follow the same pattern adopted by sane cline to have a reasonable emission law that favours EV when we start to have environmental issues caused by vehicle emissions ,it is just a matter of time thanks to our increasing cars population.
Recalling from history California formulated the strictest emission law and best safety standards that we see today in US spec car not for economic reasons but survival .
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 3:52pm On May 12, 2019
wirinet:
[s]Another Fable (my Yoruba brothers will say Fabu) is this;

I guess a Tesla 3 that sells for $35,000 will sell for up to N30 million[/s]

HeavenlyBang:

[s]

Also, there's not a single Model 3 that costs $35k. Most start from 42k upwards. [/s]
Some skulls are truly knowledge proof & overdue for service.

Again, SIM cards were N20,000 in 2003, today they are free.
Same with the expensive Nokia 3310s & Siemens of those days.

I based my estimates around the Tesla 3. There are other cheaper electric cars in the world. Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq, VW e-Golf, BMW i3, Renault Zoe etc are all around £6,500 to £12,000 (N3m - 6m).

MUST YOU BUY A TESLA 3?

Besides, is it not Nigerians that are buying Benzes, Bentleys, Lexuses of N50m & above?

Stupid people plenty for dis forum o.

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LuciferAkbar: 4:02pm On May 12, 2019
This wirinet guy just wants to argue to sound informed.

He has tackled charging cost & lost now his problem is the price of electric cars.

Very soon, he'll argue whether electric car tyres are made for Nigerian roads or if they come with ACs. grin

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by snipesdam(m): 9:21pm On May 12, 2019
As long as like EVs, without charge stations along ore Benin, you will not make that asaba trip on a full charged Telsa Model 3 with 500km range. A typical Nigerian will exceed 100km/h on the high way which will reduce range the battery would have carried you. To successfully make long trips with EVs in Nigeria you must have Super charge stations on the highway.

Modified
@lejeun3 you didn't get I said. I Didn't read through what I wrote and edit.

LeJeun3:

Where you will park and charge, and Armed robbers will use this petrol car and come and rob you.... where you are charging for N300

grin grin

Best area to use EV na inside city not highway. Imagine running out of battery @ Benin ore, Ahoda east west road or somewhere in kogi heading to Abuja.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LeJeun3: 10:25pm On May 12, 2019
snipesdam:
As long as like EVs, without charge stations along ore Benin, you will make that asaba trip on a full charged Telsa Model 3 500km. A typical Nigeria will exceed 100km/h on the high way which will reduce range the batter would have carried you. To successfully make long trips with EVs in Nigeria you must have Super charge stations on the highway.

Where you will park and charge, and Armed robbers will use this petrol car and come and rob you.... where you are charging for N300

grin grin

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by sooperrescue(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2019
autologic:

Typical African only think of their present needs ,not so much concerned about the future or even planning for next few decades ,no wonder we are so backward intellectually and technologically ,no forward thinking plan at all ,what a pity . embarassed
The sole reason for EV is solely for environment and emission which which largely affects our health well-being and survival .
This environmental factors is what brought about the partial zero level gasoline vehicles ( SULEV,LEV
etc I) found in today's modern a cars which relies heavily on computer systems and modules ,which eventually replaced the ancient old mechanically driven carburetor engines . People with myopic view too cannot fathom the possible wide adoption of computer controlled nowadays modern car to replace the dianosour carburettor cars but they were proved wrong eventually .
Demands bring about technology innovation and eventual reduction in cost of productions ,check the stastics in demands of EV in US ,it is increasing geometrically ,it is a just a matter of time that it will surpass the old school fossil fuel powered vehicle .
Yes we are reactive people and we will be forced to follow the same pattern adopted by sane cline to have a reasonable emission law that favours EV when we start to have environmental issues caused by vehicle emissions ,it is just a matter of time thanks to our increasing cars population.
Recalling from history California formulated the strictest emission law and best safety standards that we see today in US spec car not for economic reasons but survival .

The future does not belong to you. The white man thinks for himself and not the African. You are thinking about the future while you are not solving today's problems. Continue ô. My future is now and not tomorrow or decades from now. Generators are doing havoc here and no solution from forward thinking people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by LeJeun3: 11:39pm On May 12, 2019
snipesdam:
As long as like EVs, without charge stations along ore Benin, you will not make that asaba trip on a full charged Telsa Model 3 with 500km range. A typical Nigeria will exceed 100km/h on the high way which will reduce range the battery would have carried you. To successfully make long trips with EVs in Nigeria you must have Super charge stations on the highway.

Modified
@lejeun3 you didn't get I said. I Didn't read through what I wrote and edit.

Best area to use EV na inside city not highway. Imagine running out of battery @ Benin ore, Ahoda east west road or somewhere in kogi heading to Abuja.

Read you loud and clear....!

The supercharge location would have to be highly secure because of armed robbers along the lonely route we ply.

The other statement was a pun intended for the OP

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by tck2000(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Not so sure!
Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by Evcars(m): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hello! My name is Moses Onoja from Nigeria, I am a distributor of Electric, Solar and Hybrid Cars. I have the necessary information you need on this vehicles because I am driving one and I gave Benue State Government too. This is the future, we must start someway and accept the fact soon the use of this vehicles will spread. It is quite interesting and I am raising billionaires through these renewable energy vehicles.
I will want to stop here. Thank you!

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by RuggedSniper: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
LuciferAkbar:

Let’s consider this:

Lagos to Ibadan =130km
Lagos to Benin =314km
Lagos to Asaba = 436km

Re: Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:33am On Aug 01, 2020
LeJeun3:

Read you loud and clear....!

The supercharge location would have to be highly secure because of armed robbers along the lonely route we ply.

The other statement was a pun intended for the OP

Which highly secured, where you wan see security... Borno governor with his full entourage was attacked by 5 men, Nasir El Rufai was attacked also with his full entourage by highway bandits and you're talking about highly secured charging stations in the middle of nowhere.
NNPC mega station after first by pass of Benin-Agbor express has a dedicated police station that closes by 4pm and leaves the fuel station to its faith for another hour (NNPC closes by 5pm on dot).
Full tank of fuel from Lagos will take me from Lagos to anywhere in the East. Op keep your EV cars thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Keep The Old Version Of This Toyota Camry? / My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN / Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.