Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,351 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry (34306 Views)

Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Macmilla(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2019
Gbagbuo247:

Mr. Sense. So you will be changing ball point Every two months just because you are are driving Honda baa?

What about other product like Toyota Corolla Sport that you will drive for Good to years with out changing the any ball point .

What you should check her is the Economy in driving other cars not changing parts every day .
Mr. Wisdom, do you change ball joints every 2 months?
I really think you should get some sense like me.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Macmilla(m): 7:51am On May 15, 2019
PAQ:

No arguing, Honda has always had a better interior then Toyota.
I loved Honda Accord 1998-2002 (baby boy) so much dat i owned 2, an auto and a Manual. I never had a tire pullout (bolt joint) cos i maintained my babies. But there is something about Toyota and rest of mind that Honda doesnt give, regardless of good performance, comfort and beauty. As of now the whole world knows when it comes to beauty, sportiness, spunk, interior go for a Honda (Honda civic will even give a Camry a chase for beauty). But when it comes to simplicity, reliabilty.... A take-me-home ride, go for a Toyota.

As of 2019 models Toyota is trying to catch up to their Lexus simblings in terms of looks and refinements.

Toyota and Hobda are more like unidentical twins, trying to meet different needs, yet competing on the same track.

This is the wisest assessment of the two brands. Some of us simply don't want a "take me home" ride. We want "let's enjoy our ride home" ride.
I drove my Honda for years without road accidents. I had my first accident the day I traveled with a Toyota. It was never the same. From the point I entered the highway, it didn't feel that stable.
So to all the ppl crying over ball joints, it is a very essential part of the suspension that makes the tires stable in high speed. And we are happy to change it once every two years.

A piece of advice on the tire issue: we know you all hate spending little money to keep ur ride in shape. But if you want to drive a Honda and enjoy what it offers, you have to maintain it regularly. Most mistakes come when we buy a toks Honda and we expect it to drive 3yrs without even changing oil. You don't know how long those ball joints have been in the car in oyibo land. So it's advised to install new ones as soon as u get ur sweet toks Honda. If u can't do that, then stick with ur Toyota.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by thebigkendo(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2019
Macmilla:

Well, during heat period, you can buy a hand fan which won't need any form of maintaining. Or you can buy an air conditioner which will need electricity and you u will need to clean the filter at least once a year.
Maybe you are the hand fan guy. But I am the AC guy.
Or I can buy an electric fan..
Reduced procurement cost
Reduce electricity cost & maintenance cost
grin grin grin I am the fan guy

1 Like

Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Gbagbuo247: 10:29am On May 15, 2019
Macmilla:

Mr. Wisdom, do you change ball joints every 2 months?
I really think you should get some sense like me.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending you, who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that you completely no notching Bro. No hard feelings
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Macmilla(m): 11:18pm On May 15, 2019
thebigkendo:

Or I can buy an electric fan..
Reduced procurement cost
Reduce electricity cost & maintenance cost
grin grin grin I am the fan guy
Good for you. I don't consider you stupid in anyway. You are sticking to what works for you, either because you have never tasted an AC chilled room and therefore doesn't know what you are missing. Or you lack the higher mental capacity to maintain an AC. Or you simply don't have the money or doesn't want to spend it. Either way, you can't deny the fact that AC makes ur life much sweeter.
If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by thebigkendo(m): 11:24pm On May 15, 2019
Macmilla:

Good for you. I don't consider you stupid in anyway. You are sticking to what works for you, either because you have never tasted an AC chilled room and therefore doesn't know what you are missing. Or you lack the higher mental capacity to maintain an AC. Or you simply don't have the money or doesn't want to spend it. Either way, you can't deny the fact that AC makes ur life much sweeter.
If you know, you know.

Brother Since we are arguing Toyota & Honda.. We both don't have the money,
What is the difference between 12 & half a dozen??
I will ignore the insult this time
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Macmilla(m): 11:29pm On May 15, 2019
thebigkendo:

Brother Since we are arguing Toyota & Honda.. We both don't have the money,
What is the difference between 12 & half a dozen??
I will ignore the insult this time
Dude, you are just complaining unnecessarily. There was no insult in that comment. If you saw an insult there, then you can't put up a reasonable argument.
Yeah, I know I don't have money. But if God bless me with small money, I will get a Honda. grin grin grin
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Flamezzz: 2:29pm On May 16, 2019
Magic1:

No much difference in the different models save, the dashboard screen on the 2010 model which aids reverse and few other stuffs. The 2010 has more buttons on the steering whereas 2007/2008 has just the volume(up/down), track/station select (up/down) and Mode button which enables you select CD, FM, AM, and AUX.

Engines are all the same, gear box is mostly 13pins.

You see, apart from the dashboard screen and the additional buttons on the steering, there’s no other significant difference except price off course.
Thanks for the clarification.
I would have loved to ask another question but I don't know if you'll see it as me bothering you.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Magic1: 10:24am On May 19, 2019
Flamezzz:

Thanks for the clarification.
I would have loved to ask another question but I don't know if you'll see it as me bothering you.

Go ahead
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Flamezzz: 2:00pm On May 28, 2019
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by UncleNnamdi: 9:37am On Jun 02, 2019
Flamezzz:

The Toyota Spider model, which year will you advise me to go for?
I wanna get one but still much confused. A colleague told me to go for 2010 but I would love to hear from you bro.
Hello Flame, i sent you a Pm, I'll appreciate if you reply as I'll love to discuss something with you. Thanks.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Flamezzz: 10:29am On Jun 07, 2019
UncleNnamdi:

Hello Flame, i sent you a Pm, I'll appreciate if you reply as I'll love to discuss something with you. Thanks.
gmail.com
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by UncleNnamdi: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2019
Flamezzz:

@gmail.com
I just did bro.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Flamezzz: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
UncleNnamdi:
I just did bro.
I've replied you.
Kindly unquote my email
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by sahiburrahmah(m): 4:55am On Nov 09, 2019
I have been saving to get a car in March2020 for the purpose of transportation to work place, 400km per week and ofcourse for family transportion. My target was absolutely camry 2007-2010 (budget 1.8 to 2m). But this thread slightly change my perspective towards the camry muslcle. The speed handling, the bad quality dashboard plastics (considering the shiny sun in North), easily-old-looking thing, make me have have a second thought.

Deep inside me, I adore the beauty and elegance of accord 2010 AKA evil spirit. I wouldn't mind changing the ball and socket every two years. I currently have chevrolet Aveo 2004 the baby sweet and I maintain it wella, though I am in Malaysia at the moment, the situation in Naija is diffirent.
So, I just want to be sure that this intrinsic leg problem in 2010 civic is not going to be so frequent (if I manage to get toks) as the road to my work place is bumpy.

Respect fot Toyota Camry and Honda Accord

Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by duality(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2019
Magic1:

Toyota messes up on the dashboard of Spider Camry. I replaced mine with a neatly sewn leather, even more beautiful than the original dash it came with.
Where did you do it
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by ojeysky(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Magic1:

No much difference in the different models save, the dashboard screen on the 2010 model which aids reverse and few other stuffs. The 2010 has more buttons on the steering whereas 2007/2008 has just the volume(up/down), track/station select (up/down) and Mode button which enables you select CD, FM, AM, and AUX.

Engines are all the same, gear box is mostly 13pins.

You see, apart from the dashboard screen and the additional buttons on the steering, there’s no other significant difference except price off course.

I hope you've figured that is incorrect
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by udemzyudex(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2019
andysmith123:
volvo is still the best

When it comes to?
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by udemzyudex(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2019
SaintNemesis:
Disappointed I was expecting to read about advantages of Toyota Camry over Honda or other cars.
Only to come and see a narration of the history of Toyota. How does history help me?

Did you even bother to read the title ,is it different from what you have in the post?

Oversabi dey worry you.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by valarinz: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
udemzyudex:

When it comes to?

Everything angry
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by adanny01(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
Toyota Spider is super.

Of all the cars I've driven this Car made me to respect Japanese technology.... sensors everywhere. While playing music on mid or high volume the moment you step on the brake the volume reduces and increases as you accelerate.

This and many other computerized systems dazzles me.

Honda dey learn work for Toyota body with it's bolt joints always messing up.

While Accords volume increases as your speedometer rises and reduce when you reduce speed.

I still prefer the Accord.
Re: 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry by Magic1: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2020
ojeysky:

I hope you've figured that is incorrect

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. / Man Drives His Benz G-wagon To 215 Countries Over 26 Years Covering 900,000KM / Meet The New Mercedes E-class Cabriolet – Amazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.