Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:32 PM

"Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (17913 Views)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 9:13pm On May 16, 2019
solite3:
Salvation is the work of God from beginning to end.
Jesus died taking away our sins, his blood was the price for our redemption.

When a man believes in christ, He does so because he is sinner who cannot save himself. He knew he will perish if God does not save him.
His part is to trust God but God's part is to save him.
At the moment he belives on Jesus Christ,
1. His sins are forgiven ( forgiven because of christ shed blood)
2. He is justified (declared righteous on account of what Christ has done)
3.He is regenerated (Reborn spiritually)
4. Because he is regenerated he is already sanctified.(made holy)
5.by virtue of his regenerated state as a new creature he is righteous (partaking in God's righteous nature)
6. He is sanctified continuously through the word of God to reflect the nature of the inner man outward.
7. He is preserved by God. ( this is to prevent him from falling away from Christ)

On the beliver part
He trust on the finished work of christ and accept the gift of righteousness by Jesus christ.
Also the bible admonish believers to continue to work out their salvation.

This is done by reflecting outwardly the santification work of God in him.
More like as God build him up innerly, he reflect it outwardly.
This will be an evidence that he is truly saved.

Note working out your salvation is not same as working for your salvation.
In the former one is working the evidence of his salvation out because he is saved but in the latter one is strughling to attain salvation.

We tend to mistake God's love for salvation.
His love is endless. We can never lose that. He so loves the whole world, even unbelievers too.
But salvation can be lost.

God is a just God. He gave us Free Will.
Suffer me this, would he force everyone who believes in Christ to heaven? What if anyone decides to opt out?
Are you saying once I believe I can't personally choose not to make heaven again?

I intentionally didn't bother commenting on this post because I've exhausted what needs to be said both in the original post and my replies to comments.

Apostle Paul's epistles require Grace to interprete and understand them, lest you conclude that only he contradicts Christ and the other Apostles. He and Barnabbas were sent to Gentiles, while Christ and others were sent to Jews.

It's up to you to decide if you remain a Gentile or you become a Jew by Faith.
There's so much to say but more than enough has been said to deliver us from what we want to hear, so that we may hear what God wants us to hear.

God bless you and us all.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 16, 2019
pressplay411:

His love is endless. We can never lose that. He so loves the whole world, even unbelievers too.
what do you think salvation mean? God's love is translated to salvation in that he provided the free gift of eternal life to all but only by faith will any receive it.
Yes one can lose his salvation if he does not depend on christ but no he cannot if he depend on christ because God keeps him.
It is God's love that saves and keeps the believer.
A believer can live temporary in rebellion against God but he will eventually come back home to God because God's love draws him home. The prodigal son returned home to his father because he remembered the love of his father.

Suffer me this, would he force everyone who believes in Christ to heaven? What if anyone decides to opt out?
Are you saying once I believe I can't personally choose not to make heaven again?
in this case you do not know what salvation mean.
Salvation does not mean making it to heaven. no where in the bible does salvation just mean making it to heaven as has been popularized today.

If anyone decides to opt out, it mean he was not even saved to start with. There is nothing like i wanted to be saved but later i changed my mind.

Believing is not the problem but what you believed.

intentionally didn't bother commenting on this post because I've exhausted what needs to be said both in the original post and my replies to comments.
thanks for taking your time to reply

Apostle Paul's epistles require Grace to interprete and understand them, lest you conclude that only he contradicts Christ and the other Apostles. He and Barnabbas were sent to Gentiles, while Christ and others were sent to Jews.
pauls gospel is very clear only dishonest people twist it to their own damnation.
There is no dichotomy between paul and christ. Christ preached to unregenerated jews using the law of moses to convict and convince them of the of the gospel of grace.
Paul lead by the Spirit preached the gospel to the unregenerated gentiles . There are mysteries christ never revealed because the Spirit had not come. Even the things christ spoke his disciples struggled to understand it.

The gospel is the same whether Christ or Paul or Peter.
The gospel is simple God has given us life and this life is in his Son Jesus Christ.

There's so much to say but more than enough has been said to deliver us from what we want to hear, so that we may hear what God wants us to hear.

being a Jew or Gentile does not matter in Christ.
God want us to know the truth and be set free. Shallom
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 16, 2019
pressplay411:

True Talk. And that's why the Church is looking forward to the Salvation of the whole world by faith because this is the will of God.
pressplay411:

1 Thessalonians 1:10
KJV:And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come........PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE WORD "DELIVERED".
1 Thessalonians 5:9
KJV:For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,........PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE PHRASE "NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH".

pressplay411:
Why are you always so concerned about Christians losing their salvation?
The race of salvation is NOT TO THE SHEEP BUT TO THE SHEPHERD WHO WILL ALWAYS GUARD HIS SHEEP ON THE RIGHT TRACK. If the prodigal son refuse to come home, the shepherd will kit up and look for his lost sheep. If one coin lose, the woman will sweep the whole house in order to find and get the coin back. Can the sheep or coin refuse their owner when they come Mr pressplay411?
Romans 8:30
KJV:Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.........CAN THE FREEWILL OF MAN ALTER THIS CONCLUDED AGENDA OF GOD Mr pressplay411?

pressplay411:
I intentionally didn't bother commenting on this post because I've exhausted what needs to be said both in the original post and my replies to comments.
I once was in your shoes bro. It's not easy trying to defend a wrong doctrine with a sincere heart. You will soon see the Light the more you pray and study by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off..... Gloria Steinem.

pressplay411:
Same difficulty encountered in Apostle Paul's teaching was also documented by the Holy Spirit through the hands of Apostle Peter.
2 Peter 3:15-16
KJV:And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
KJV:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
All Apostle Paul's Teachings are based on the revelation he received from the Lord Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus. Nothing more, Nothing less and Nothing else!!!
pressplay411:
This is a clear indication that you are not rightly dividing the word of truth like a true workman. What is "remain a gentile or Jew by faith?"
1 Corinthians 7:17-21
KJV:But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
KJV:Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
KJV:Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
KJV:Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
KJV:Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
KJV:For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
Galatians 3:26-29
KJV:For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
KJV:For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
KJV:There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
KJV:And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Never you say gentiles should become Jews by Faith because it an erroneous message.

pressplay411:

Any Christian that lives as an unbeliever will be judged and disciplined by the Holy Spirit so that he won't be condemned along with the world, if he persists in that sin he will be delivered unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that his spirit may be saved on the last day.
If he dies in sin, he will be rejected, draw nigh to a curse whose end is to be burned and this is the MILLENIAL PUNISHMENT FOR THAT CHRISTIAN BECAUSE HE WON'T BE AMONG THE BRIDE OF CHRIST IN THE 1000 REIGN OF CHRIST ON EARTH BUT IN OUTER DARKNESS WHERE HE WILL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING HIS TEETH FOR 1000 YEARS.............(THE PARABLE OF THE WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS). AFTER THE MILLENNIUM THE CHRISTIAN WILL DEFINITELY BE ACCEPTED BY CHRIST JESUS AGAIN WHERE THEY WILL ALL BE TOGETHER IN THE NEW JERUSALEM.
You will still find this as a problem, but try and study The Bible along with all the dispensation in it. You can see from the above that a CHRISTIAN CANNOT LOSE HIS SALVATION BUT WILL NOT ALSO GO UNPUNISHED IF HE LIVED A SHAMEFUL LIFE ON EARTH.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
ONCE SAVED IS FOREVER SAVED.
THANKS.
GOD BLESS.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2019
solite3:
what do you think salvation mean? God's love is translated to salvation in that he provided the free gift of eternal life to all but only by faith will any receive it.
Yes one can lose his salvation if he does not depend on christ but no he cannot if he depend on christ because God keeps him.
It is God's love that saves and keeps the believer.
A believer can live temporary in rebellion against God but he will eventually come back home to God because God's love draws him home. The prodigal son returned home to his father because he remembered the love of his father.

in this case you do not know what salvation mean.
Salvation does not mean making it to heaven. no where in the bible does salvation just mean making it to heaven as has been popularized today.

If anyone decides to opt out, it mean he was not even saved to start with. There is nothing like i wanted to be saved but later i changed my mind.

Believing is not the problem but what you believed.

thanks for taking your time to reply

Apostle Paul's epistles require Grace to interprete and understand them, lest you conclude that only he contradicts Christ and the other Apostles. He and Barnabbas were sent to Gentiles, while Christ and others were sent to Jews. pauls gospel is very clear only dishonest people twist it to their own damnation.
There is no dichotomy between paul and christ. Christ preached to unregenerated jews using the law of moses to convict and convince them of the of the gospel of grace.
Paul lead by the Spirit preached the gospel to the unregenerated gentiles . There are mysteries christ never revealed because the Spirit had not come. Even the things christ spoke his disciples struggled to understand it.

The gospel is the same whether Christ or Paul or Peter.
The gospel is simple God has given us life and this life is in his Son Jesus Christ.

being a Jew or Gentile does not matter in Christ.
God want us to know the truth and be set free. Shallom

Thanks for sharing.
I believe we share some understanding.
But I simply want to reply your last paragraph that being a Jew or Gentile doesn't matter in Christ.

Christ himself made it clear that it matters. Ever wondered why his ministry was within Jewish territories?

Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That's his response to a Gentle that besought him tearfully for healing of her dying daughter. He resisted her and wouldn't heal her saying it's not meet (proper) to give her the children's bread (Jew's benefits) until he saw that her faith was so great. Gentiles were not part of his purpose.

Where Apostle Paul preached no Jew or Greek, he was addressing discrimination. Salvation truly is of the Jews. Christ emphasized this.

John 4:22
You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.

I truly agree that all scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit, but I believe we should know that when Christ speaks, He is God, the Son. His word is the Truth in its purest form.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 12:00am On May 17, 2019
Agrogbeide:
True Talk. And that's why the Church is looking forward to the Salvation of the whole world by faith because this is the will of God.
1 Thessalonians 1:10
KJV:And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come........PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE WORD "DELIVERED".
1 Thessalonians 5:9
KJV:For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,........PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE PHRASE "NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH".

Why are you always so concerned about Christians losing their salvation?
The race of salvation is NOT TO THE SHEEP BUT TO THE SHEPHERD WHO WILL ALWAYS GUARD HIS SHEEP ON THE RIGHT TRACK. If the prodigal son refuse to come home, the shepherd will kit up and look for his lost sheep. If one coin lose, the woman will sweep the whole house in order to find and get the coin back. Can the sheep or coin refuse their owner when they come Mr pressplay411?
Romans 8:30
KJV:Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.........CAN THE FREEWILL OF MAN ALTER THIS CONCLUDED AGENDA OF GOD Mr pressplay411?

I once was in your shoes bro. It's not easy trying to defend a wrong doctrine with a sincere heart. You will soon see the Light the more you pray and study by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off..... Gloria Steinem.

Same difficulty encountered in Apostle Paul's teaching was also documented by the Holy Spirit through the hands of Apostle Peter.
2 Peter 3:15-16
KJV:And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
KJV:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
All Apostle Paul's Teachings are based on the revelation he received from the Lord Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus. Nothing more, Nothing less and Nothing else!!!
This is a clear indication that you are not rightly dividing the word of truth like a true workman. What is "remain a gentile or Jew by faith?"
1 Corinthians 7:17-21
KJV:But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
KJV:Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
KJV:Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
KJV:Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
KJV:Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
KJV:For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
Galatians 3:26-29
KJV:For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
KJV:For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
KJV:There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
KJV:And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Never you say gentiles should become Jews by Faith because it an erroneous message.

Any Christian that lives as an unbeliever will be judged and disciplined by the Holy Spirit so that he won't be condemned along with the world, if he persists in that sin he will be delivered unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that his spirit may be saved on the last day.
If he dies in sin, he will be rejected, draw nigh to a curse whose end is to be burned and this is the MILLENIAL PUNISHMENT FOR THAT CHRISTIAN BECAUSE HE WON'T BE AMONG THE BRIDE OF CHRIST IN THE 1000 REIGN OF CHRIST ON EARTH BUT IN OUTER DARKNESS WHERE HE WILL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING HIS TEETH FOR 1000 YEARS.............(THE PARABLE OF THE WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS). AFTER THE MILLENNIUM THE CHRISTIAN WILL DEFINITELY BE ACCEPTED BY CHRIST JESUS AGAIN WHERE THEY WILL ALL BE TOGETHER IN THE NEW JERUSALEM.
You will still find this as a problem, but try and study The Bible along with all the dispensation in it. You can see from the above that a CHRISTIAN CANNOT LOSE HIS SALVATION BUT WILL NOT ALSO GO UNPUNISHED IF HE LIVED A SHAMEFUL LIFE ON EARTH.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
THANKS.
GOD BLESS.

Amen.
Thanks for your patience and painstaking.
I pray God helps us all.
I'd like you to explain this scriptures to me.

John 15:1-2
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

John 15:5-8
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Profmaojo: 6:52am On May 17, 2019
shadeyinka:

It is possible to see a dirty cat!
It is possible to see a clean pig!

But there is a big difference:
One has a nature of enjoying Filth
The other has the nature of Cleanliness

What happens if a pig is washed, cleaned, perfumed and sanitizer and taken to live within Sheraton Hotel for five years.
If this pig is given an opportunity to go out into the slums with plenty of muddy water, would the pig come home clean?

What happens if a pig is converted miraculously into a cat, given an opportunity to live in Sheraton for one week and then released to go into the slums with muddy waters. Do you think the Cat is likely to come home clean?

The problem we have in the church is that we have many untransformed but clean looking pigs. When they now wallow in mud, we question their salvation. But the question is really: were they really transformed from pig to cat or they just recited the sinners prayer?
I understand that there are three stages in the transformation of a Christian 1. Salvation 2. Santification 3. Holy ghost baptism.

You made reference to the second stage which is sanctification...so you are saying any sanctified being filled with the holy ghost can't sin?? Think about some men of God, do you think they don't fall into temptation? Do you think they are without sin,once in a while
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Profmaojo: 6:57am On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes.

Romans 4:5 (KJV)
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
work out your salvation with fear and tremble
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 7:41am On May 17, 2019
pressplay411:

Amen.
Thanks for your patience and painstaking.
I pray God helps us all.
I'd like you to explain this scriptures to me.

John 15:1-2
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

John 15:5-8
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
God bless you bro.
You skipped verse three of that same John chapter 15.
AMP:You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you]............take note of the phrase "CLEANSED AND PRUNED ALREADY".
Mr pressplay411there is a difference between our SALVATION AND REWARD. Let me throw some lights here in few details.
Salvation is a free gift as a result of God's Grace through Christ Jesus which is activated by our faith. It is a promise that was declared in the garden of Eden after the fall of man and manifested at Golgotha and as a result man eventually connected back to God, although this promise was already effective even before the foundation of the world.
The seal of salvation is the Holy Spirit and this is our guarantee of eternal life with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit needs to leave you before you lose your salvation. But have you asked yourself the reason why Christ continue to intercedes for His body? Moreover, the Holy Spirit is not like demons or evil spirits that will leave a body looking for another to dominate. When the Holy Spirit comes He stays permanently and nothing will ever makes Him go away because he that is joined to the Lord is of one Spirit. However we must be careful not to grieve the Holy Spirit or else we will face His disciplinary committee squarely.
Reward is what you will gain for living a faithful live in your journey on earth and also as a result of working out your salvation in fear and trembling. Not all Christians will have a reward on the last day but all will have eternal life. This reward is also concerned with the millennium reign. If you examine the revelation of Christ Jesus to the 7 churches in Asia in Revelation chapter 2 and 3 you will discover how He address their sin issues and never threatened anyone with LOSE OF THEIR SALVATION.
1 CORINTHIANS 3:11-15
AMP:For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is [already] laid, which is Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
AMP:But if anyone builds upon the Foundation, whether it be with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
AMP:The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done.
AMP:If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward.
AMP:But if any person’s work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire.
Take note of the words Work, Reward, Burned and Saved.
Take time, pray effectively and study rightly, the truth you seek you shall find.
Thanks.
God bless.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2019
Agrogbeide:
God bless you bro.
You skipped verse three of that same John chapter 15.
AMP:You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you]............take note of the phrase "CLEANSED AND PRUNED ALREADY".
Mr pressplay411there is a difference between our SALVATION AND REWARD. Let me throw some lights here in few details.
Salvation is a free gift as a result of God's Grace through Christ Jesus which is activated by our faith. It is a promise that was declared in the garden of Eden after the fall of man and manifested at Golgotha and as a result man eventually connected back to God, although this promise was already effective even before the foundation of the world.
The seal of salvation is the Holy Spirit and this is our guarantee of eternal life with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit needs to leave you before you lose your salvation. But have you asked yourself the reason why Christ continue to intercedes for His body? Moreover, the Holy Spirit is not like demons or evil spirits that will leave a body looking for another to dominate. When the Holy Spirit comes He stays permanently and nothing will ever makes Him go away because he that is joined to the Lord is of one Spirit. However we must be careful not to grieve the Holy Spirit or else we will face His disciplinary committee squarely.
Reward is what you will gain for living a faithful live in your journey on earth and also as a result of working out your salvation in fear and trembling. Not all Christians will have a reward on the last day but all will have eternal life. This reward is also concerned with the millennium reign. If you examine the revelation of Christ Jesus to the 7 churches in Asia in Revelation chapter 2 and 3 you will discover how He address their sin issues and never threatened anyone with LOSE OF THEIR SALVATION.
1 CORINTHIANS 3:11-15
AMP:For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is [already] laid, which is Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
AMP:But if anyone builds upon the Foundation, whether it be with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
AMP:The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done.
AMP:If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward.
AMP:But if any person’s work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire.
Take note of the words Work, Reward, Burned and Saved.
Take time, pray effectively and study rightly, the truth you seek you shall find.
Thanks.
God bless.

Thanks again.
However, you simply did not explain the bolded.
Verse 3 says we are cleansed from our sins, good. But the bolded, verse 6 says if we do not bear fruit, we are cut off, uprooted from the vine(tree) and burned . I would explain that as Christ rejecting such. I would explain that as losing Salvation.
How do you explain it?
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by shadeyinka3: 10:27am On May 17, 2019
Profmaojo:
I understand that there are three stages in the transformation of a Christian 1. Salvation 2. Santification 3. Holy ghost baptism.

You made reference to the second stage which is sanctification...so you are saying any sanctified being filled with the holy ghost can't sin?? Think about some men of God, do you think they don't fall into temptation? Do you think they are without sin,once in a while
1. Salvation:
Deliverance of the spirit of a human being from the clutch is satan. A seal of ownership by God. Redemption from the curse and consequence of sin. Having ones name written in the book of life. Being Born Again.

2. Sanctification:
Made Holy. Separation unto God. Act of acquiring sanctity. Process of acquiring sanctity. The quality of being holy, sacred, or saintly.

3. Holy Ghost Baptism:
Act of being immersed into the Holy Spirit. Act of being Sealed by the Holy Spirit.
Mat 3:11: "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Eph 4:5: "One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"hese three happens concurrently at salvation. It isn't three separate experience.

1Cor 12:13: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Being Filled with the Holy Spirit is often misunderstood as Holy Ghost Baptism but it isn't. Being filled is a command to all Christians and it is a continuous activity compared to being drunk with wine.

Eph 5:18: "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

The best of all Christians is subject to temptation.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 17, 2019
pressplay411:

Thanks again.
However, you simply did not explain the bolded.
Verse 3 says we are cleansed from our sins, good. But the bolded, verse 6 says if we do not bear fruit, we are cut off, uprooted from the vine(tree) and burned . I would explain that as Christ rejecting such. I would explain that as losing Salvation.
How do you explain it?
I will not explain it as lose of salvation, even if it is lose of salvation we have a sure guarantee which is "WE ARE CLEANSED AND PRUNED ALREADY." Since we are cleansed and pruned already we ought not to be passive but collaborate with the Holy Spirit so that we can bear good fruits.
You don't give more emphasis on one bible verse, chapter or as the case maybe in expense of others. OK pressplay411 how will you explain John 10:28?
AMP:And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.
Those branches that do not bear good fruits will either experience one or all of the following;
1. Judge and disciplined by the Holy Spirit so that they will not be condemn along with the world,
2. Deliver unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that their spirit may be saved on the last day
3. Rejected, burn and draw nigh to a curse(will not be a partaker of the millennium). In this case they will lose their reward but will remained saved.
So Mr pressplay411 instead of looking for who will lose salvation or not let's follow the words of Christ in 2 Timothy 4:2
KJV:Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
Thanks.
God bless.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 3:35pm On May 17, 2019
Agrogbeide:
I will not explain it as lose of salvation, even if it is lose of salvation we have a sure guarantee which is "WE ARE CLEANSED AND PRUNED ALREADY." Since we are cleansed and pruned already we ought not to be passive but collaborate with the Holy Spirit so that we can bear good fruits.
You don't give more emphasis on one bible verse, chapter or as the case maybe in expense of others. OK pressplay411 how will you explain John 10:28?
AMP:And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.
Those branches that do not bear good fruits will either experience one or all of the following;
1. Judge and disciplined by the Holy Spirit so that they will not be condemn along with the world,
2. Deliver unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that their spirit may be saved on the last day
3. Rejected, burn and draw nigh to a curse(will not be a partaker of the millennium). In this case they will lose their reward but will remained saved.
So Mr pressplay411 instead of looking for who will lose salvation or not let's follow the words of Christ in 2 Timothy 4:2
KJV:Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
Thanks.
God bless.

We're all learning. That's what makes us Disciples of Christ.
May the Holy Spirit give us all His Understanding.
I pray we are all saved in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 17, 2019
pressplay411:

Thanks for sharing.
I believe we share some understanding.
But I simply want to reply your last paragraph that being a Jew or Gentile doesn't matter in Christ.
thanks for your understanding.

Christ himself made it clear that it matters. Ever wondered why his ministry was within Jewish territories?

Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That's his response to a Gentle that besought him tearfully for healing of her dying daughter. He resisted her and wouldn't heal her saying it's not meet (proper) to give her the children's bread (Jew's benefits) until he saw that her faith was so great. Gentiles were not part of his purpose.
I understand what you mean but you need to know that Christ was speaking about the natural priviledge of the Jew as against the gentiles.
yes the Jews were natural descendants of Abraham and the blessing of christ belong to them by right.
that woman had no right to partake of that blessing because she was not a Jew.
but something changes when a Gentile is now under the new covenant.

Where Apostle Paul preached no Jew or Greek, he was addressing discrimination. Salvation truly is of the Jews. Christ emphasized this.

John 4:22
You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
under the old covenant the Gentiles were excluded but in the new covenant both the Gentiles and the Jews in Christ are equal as against their natural state so that neither Jew nor Gentile can claim to be more special than the other paul addressed this issue.

the disunity was there because the jews felt more superior to the Gentiles they obviously did not understand the new covenant dispensation.

I truly agree that all scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit, but I believe we should know that when Christ speaks, He is God, the Son. His word is the Truth in its purest form.
I m glad you do.
the words of Jesus is the truth no doubt but the teachings of his apostles are no less true.
Jesus himsef said
John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

It is obvious that the Holy Spirit will teach those things christ did not teach when christ was on earth.

when christ was on earth he limited his words because the disciples have not received the Spirit and could not understand it.

The Holy Ghost himself choose paul and barnabas.

Acts 13:2
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

the teachings of the apostles are same from Christ himself.
anyman who would contend with it will God himself to contend with.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 17, 2019
pressplay411:

We're all learning. That's what makes us Disciples of Christ.
May the Holy Spirit give us all His Understanding.
I pray we are all saved in Jesus name.
Amen.
that's the spirit bro. I guess you were stunned by that John 10:28.....Lol
It is because of the lifestyles of some Christians that made many came up with the notion that a Christian can lose his salvation, and this is not true. In as much the intercession of Christ never ceases in heaven, so also our intercession as Christians should never cease for carnal Christians and for the world so that all may be united with Christ.
THANKS.
GOD BLESS.
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 17, 2019
Once Saved is not Forever saved! You can't eat your cake and have it. If you stray away from the way, Then bid farewell to your salvation, Find your way back to God, Before your story becomes Once being Saved, Forever Doom!

1 Like

Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 17, 2019
Tosinex:
Once Saved is not Forever saved!
You can't eat your cake and have it.
If you stray away from the way,
Then bid farewell to your salvation,
Find your way back to God,
Before your story becomes
Once being Saved, Forever Doom!
Truth Is Truth and False is False. Your Belief Does Not Change Anything But Gives You A Proper Understanding Of A Better Foundation On Which To Stand....... Watchmanjesse
The Truth Will Set You Free But First It Will Piss You Off..... Gloria Steinem.

Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by pressplay411(m): 7:15pm On May 17, 2019
Agrogbeide:
that's the spirit bro. I guess you were stunned by that John 10:28.....Lol
It is because of the lifestyles of some Christians that made many came up with the notion that a Christian can lose his salvation, and this is not true. In as much the intercession of Christ never ceases in heaven, so also our intercession as Christians should never cease for carnal Christians and for the world so that all may be united with Christ.
THANKS.
GOD BLESS.

My submission is that we should both be open to let the Holy Spirit give us His understanding instead of further dragging it.
My intention is not to be prove I'm right but to seek the Truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 17, 2019
Agrogbeide:
Truth Is Truth and False is False. Your Belief Does Not Change Anything But Gives You A Proper Understanding Of A Better Foundation On Which To Stand....... Watchmanjesse
The Truth Will Set You Free But First It Will Piss You Off..... Gloria Steinem.

Beware of False Truth
It looks like Truth but Never Is
That's what leads many men to Hell
I repeat beware of False Truth
So that your Once Saved Forever saved
Won't turn to Once being Saved Forever Doom

1 Like

Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 17, 2019
Tosinex:

Beware of False Truth
It looks like Truth but Never Is
That's what leads many men to Hell
I repeat beware of False Truth
So that your Once Saved Forever saved
Won't turn to Once being Saved Forever Doom
OK
Re: "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! by biggy26: 8:52am On May 25, 2019
Yinyeon:

It's the Holy Spirit that dwells in every Believer that is in constant conflict with the flesh.
You're correct!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Quit Your Addiction? / Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.