Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 (14727 Views)

Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister / Hannatu Musawa Weeps During Senate Screening, Says She Comes From Poor Family / Biography Of Hannatu Mohammed ICPC Board Member, Born 1992, Did NYSC In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Emanodimo(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2019
Wallade:
For me, it is an issue of the constitution. Her appointment is obviously in compliance with the constitution but I don't see a significant value she will add to the management of ICPC given her curriculum vitae and experience. I am so sure she will just be an observer and spectator at the board meetings.

In a sane organization, she will still be a graduate or management trainee but we definitely have a flawed constitution.

Don't be surprised that same happen in a sane corporate organization. There is a top energy insurance company in Lagos, where a man with SSCE is a board member cuz he has the money. Same man rarely talks at the board meeting. To shock u more, he will be admitted to the Institute of Directors soon since he paid #500,000 as a member.

His credentials doesn't speak well but he has been favor by the cabal...

Life has no fundamental passage to the top.. Just play your game, if u win fine....

Good luck to the woman.

2 Likes

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Wallade(m): 11:33am On May 12, 2019
Emanodimo:

Don't be surprised that same happen in a sane corporate organization. There is a top energy insurance company in Lagos, where a man with SSCE is a board member cuz he has the money. Same man rarely talks at the board meeting. To shock u more, he will be admitted to the Institute of Directors soon since he paid #500,000 as a member.

His credentials doesn't speak well but he has been favor by the cabal...

Life has no fundamental passage to the top.. Just play your game, if u win fine....

Good luck to the woman.

Does that change the fact that the purpose of board membership and functionalities has been hindered by the poor selection of members on both the ICPC board and the Insurance Corporation board you talked about.

2 Likes

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by H2Ossss(m): 11:35am On May 12, 2019
kitaatita:

First ask yourself, what disqualifies her.

Her lack of relevant experience to be a board member
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by aforosco(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2019
This is the problem of Nigeria. Some of us gave all in all because we are passionate about corrupt free society. We volunteered.I personally spent 4 months of my NYSC Allowance to host programs and Educating people why we can't afford to keep making Nigeria corrupt. Even EFCC and ICPC got to hear about the good job.when they came for one of our program the ICPC rep asked me how come we got funds to host this kind of event.

Ath the end of the Year ICPC and EFCC only gave me Certificate to recognize my effort.When it is time for jobs they look elsewhere.I am actually passionate about making Nig good but less passionate people are appointed to this offices.I am just 24 yrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Emanodimo(m): 11:44am On May 12, 2019
Wallade:

Does that change the fact that the purpose of board membership and functionalities has been hindered by the poor selection of members on both the ICPC board and the Insurance Corporation board you talked about.

You are right bro... What happen is a clear absurd.

In the case of this woman, it is a kind of political patronage... One needs to dig down to understand that.

Is it that the other geopolitical zones doesn't have a someone like her to be nominated to the board?... No, they are available in thousands.

Am very sure other members of the ICPC board will be above 30years old whose credentials speaks well not her kind of pharmacist...

She is well positioned but not for the right job.

Buhari could just placed her at NAFDAC rather than ICPC.

2 Likes

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Emanodimo(m): 11:48am On May 12, 2019
What happen is a clear absurd.

In the case of this woman, it is a kind of political patronage... One needs to dig down to understand that.

Is it that the other geopolitical zones doesn't have a someone like her to be nominated to the board?... No, they are available in thousands.

Am very sure other members of the ICPC board will be above 30years old whose credentials might speaks well not like her kind of pharmacist...

She is well positioned but not for the right job.

Buhari could just placed her at NAFDAC rather than ICPC.

1 Like

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dustmalik: 11:52am On May 12, 2019
naptu2:

The law says that there must be 2 people from each of the 6 geopolitical zones. That's why there are 12 members.

That is:

North-West must have 2 members.

North-East must have 2 members.

North-Central must have 2 members.

South-West must have 2 members.

South-East must have 2 members.

South-South must have 2 members.

Chairman: Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye (Ondo State)

Other members.

Dr Grace Chinda (Delta);
Mrs Olubukola Balogun (Lagos);
Okolo Titus (Enugu);
Obiora Iqwedebia (Anambra);
Justice Adamu Bello (Katsina);
Abdullahi Maikanu-Saidu (Niger);
Yahaya Umah- Daudu (Nasarawa).
Those you are trying to educate with this fact are not interested. They've set their minds at wailing no matter what. Just watch and see how they will ignore your submission.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by MostHated: 11:57am On May 12, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

People like you will still come n shout marginalization in the end.. Is Nigeria working d way it should be. If you keep on appointing people who their families has made names in juicy position, is dat ideal? Keep in ranting n feel settled to continue be a slave to the riches.

Nah, rather than wailing and shouting "marginalisation" all over the internet, I'd rather make a name for myself so my children will also have an advantage. Bro, this hate will take you nowhere(no offence meant)...Just double your hustle, and pray for Grace, so you'll attain a height that your name alone will open doors for your loved ones. When you get there(and I pray you do), I sincerely hope that nobody will refuse your child a position he/she merits just because you(their parents) succeeded in life.

I've never met you before, so this isn't personal. I just do believe that you need to work on your mindset, and you'll be just fine. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 12, 2019
Research studies after studies, all over the world, have demonstrated how quota processes debilitate a system, whether it is political or economic.

Even in a sanctioned affirmative position like this, merit must be sought to give the zone a fair representation and encourage equity and competence.

Is this girl eminently qualified to represent her zone as board member at the ICPC? Keep the answer to yourself.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 12, 2019
shocked
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by RTSC: 12:24pm On May 12, 2019
MostHated:

Nah, rather than wailing and shouting "marginalisation" all over the internet, I'd rather make a name for myself so my children will also have an advantage. Bro, this hate will take you nowhere(no offence meant)...Just double your hustle, and pray for Grace, so you'll attain a height that your name alone will open doors for your loved ones. When you get there(and I pray you do), I sincerely hope that nobody will refuse your child a position he/she merits just because you(their parents) succeeded in life.

I've never met you before, so this isn't personal. I just do believe that you need to work on your mindset, and you'll be just fine. I wish you the very best.
But not everybody can be rich. If everybody wants to get rich, the chance of you personally becoming rich becomes very slim and crime increase in society.

You have no sense sha . See wetin person dey write.

You want a "dog eat dog" country and you think you would not be eaten yourself.

Instead of you to pray for a sane society where merit thrives so your children can excel.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by kitaatita: 12:38pm On May 12, 2019
H2Ossss:

Her lack of relevant experience to be a board member
What experience do you seek in a job that is limited to age 21-30. The occupant represents the thought process of the age bracket, gets mentoring from experienced board members and prepares for higher responsibility in future.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 12, 2019
naijapips04:
Of course. The slaves must always defend their masters.

OP how old are you? Don't you think with all your seeming support and loyalty to the zombie king, that you deserve that role instead of the fulani greenhorn?

But instead you get 30k stipends to defend the stealing of your destiny. Disgusting.

You no get joy grin grin
Which one be zombie king grin grin grin
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by orisunmibare01(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2019
i wont talk until i know her parents and husband. thanks
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by abbasajao(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2019
kings09:

Who are you asking? U no follow support next level?

Na now ur eyes de clear
Mumu like you. Is this a new constitution? When was last time amended? Wailer jati jati
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Bellotelli: 1:08pm On May 12, 2019
iammo:
cool

Sentimental fools would change subject and goal post... hate blinded Dunce., Buhari kept quite on re nomination of Emiefele shiitheads went around calling him a bigot that wants to install a northerner, he decides to renominate him the tune changed to why he isnt igbo but from delta, and why he is a fulani slave and slave to the cabals

My brother... Everyone is entitle to their opinion... Some would just complain out of frustration and envy. Don't blame them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by H2Ossss(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2019
kitaatita:

What experience do you seek in a job that is limited to age 21-30. The occupant represents the thought process of the age bracket, gets mentoring from experienced board members and prepares for higher responsibility in future.

hmmm... theres no point continuing this convo.. you are right.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by athorello(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2019
Wallade:
For me, it is an issue of the constitution. Her appointment is obviously in compliance with the constitution but I don't see a significant value she will add to the management of ICPC given her curriculum vitae and experience. I am so sure she will just be an observer and spectator at the board meetings.

In a sane organization, she will still be a graduate or management trainee learning to understand and understudy how things are done at management level but we definitely have a flawed constitution.

After one year she would have learned and gain so much experience. While you're still lamenting her life will just be going on an upward spiral.

I wonder how many meetings someone will attend before she'll come to grasp with how things are run.

I bet you'll be happy if you get a juicy position where you'll technically be spoonfeed from start.

There's no wisdom in this wailing. grin
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dyydxx: 1:33pm On May 12, 2019
kitaatita:

There are 30 year olds with PhDs and International Leadership certificates from various fellowships and on hands training more than this Alhajis wife. Even from the North West that she was chosen from there are still better people. Just face the facts, she's there as a figure head.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by RexTramadol1: 1:33pm On May 12, 2019
Come pick me sef o

I sabi wella
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dyydxx: 1:34pm On May 12, 2019
athorello:

After one year she would have learned and gain so much experience. While you're still lamenting her life will just be going on an upward spiral.

I wonder how many meetings someone will attend before she'll come to grasp with how things are run.

I bet you'll be happy if you get a juicy position where you'll technically be spoonfeed from start.

There's no wisdom in wilful ignorance either grin....always justifying rubbish. Which upward? Someone that won't be heard from again or make any meaningful contributions
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by abes(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2019
tactius:
What some Nigerians are querying is why her and not anyone else?

Add the tribal and religious issues..

Why anyone else and not her? Is she not qualified?
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by RexTramadol1: 1:36pm On May 12, 2019
aforosco:
This is the problem of Nigeria. Some of us gave all in all because we are passionate about corrupt free society. We volunteered.I personally spent 4 months of my NYSC Allowance to host programs and Educating people why we can't afford to keep making Nigeria corrupt. Even EFCC and ICPC got to hear about the good job.when they came for one of our program the ICPC rep asked me how come we got funds to host this kind of event.

Ath the end of the Year ICPC and EFCC only gave me Certificate to recognize my effort.When it is time for jobs they look elsewhere.I am actually passionate about making Nig good but less passionate people are appointed to this offices.I am just 24 yrs.

Eayah! I can feel ur pain too

But atimes we do things for others but the reward ain't where we think it is......

You did it to have a better society or to get a job?

If it's to get a job then you have done nothing at all

If it's to have a better society, then u should be fulfilled that you contributed something

One day, sth good will show up

1 Like

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dyydxx: 1:38pm On May 12, 2019
tactius:
What some Nigerians are querying is why her and not anyone else?

Add the tribal and religious issues..

Not only even that, why we always glory in getting incompetent and inexperienced folks in positions of authority. You have other countries putting there best brains in charge of affairs, we lose ours to Canada and the likes. Always the dunces get promoted here.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by aforosco(m): 1:44pm On May 12, 2019
RexTramadol1:

Eayah! I can feel ur pain too

But atimes we do things for others but the reward ain't where we think it is......

You did it to have a better society or to get a job?

If it's to get a job then you have done nothing at all

If it's to have a better society, then u should be fulfilled that you contributed something

One day, sth good will show up

I didn't do it for Job ooo.I did it for the passion of seeing myself having a corrupt free society. I have several ideas of continuing delivering such services but unfortunate I have no platform again. If I was in her shoes this kind of platform would have been so good for me to work harder in my dreams
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Wallade(m): 1:59pm On May 12, 2019
athorello:

Honestly, I don't expect you to get it. There are lots of juicy positions she and her advocates could push but not the membership of the board of ICPC.

I believe NNPC is recruiting, why not push her into such organization. Why choose to embarrass ICPC board with this member that has nothing to offer. You can not dispute the fact that she is underqualified for that job.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by Wallade(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2019
kitaatita:

My dear, please read properly. The job is not limited to age 21 - 30. Read the extract of the constitution again not what someone has rewritten to suit his/her purpose.
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by athorello(m): 2:11pm On May 12, 2019
Wallade:

Honestly, I don't expect you to get it. There are lots of juicy positions she and her advocates could push but not the membership of the board of ICPC.

I believe NNPC is recruiting, why not push her into such organization. Why choose to embarrass ICPC board with this member that has nothing to offer. You can not dispute the fact that she is underqualified for that job.

Maybe you should tell us the qualification/experience required by the ICPC act for a 21 year old potential board member.
I'm telling you that just within a year her membership of the board will enable her to get any certification and international exposure she needs and that's like an open door. She already has the platform to be in government for so long if power stays the same or if she'll be wise enough to flow with the powers that be.

Quit wailing already. We have millions of youths thousands with supposedly better qualification but only one person can get it. Everyone has her own opportunity. So, I'll only count her lucky and move on with my life.

I don weak for this matter, abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by mistyebby(f): 2:19pm On May 12, 2019
boostdom:
The interpretation of the outcry on her appointed position is that she is ill-equipped and inexperienced in any meaningful position to justify a seat as a board member in an agency like ICPC.

If the requirement was just anyone not more than thirty years, why didn't they choose that sales girl at a store or a fare collector?

It is expected that certain altruistic positions be taken in matters of national interest.

If it is compulsory that the candidate be a youth from the North and a muslim, is this girl the most qualified they have?

I know job placement has little to do with qualifications( specialization) but why not ministry of health or related offices since she read Pharmacy?

Same way they appointed Mrs Zakari who read Pharmacy to a very cricial position in INEC. After national outcry they transferred her to INEC clinic. Please what about other parastatals or commissions??

These ones im sure have been programed to remaim loyal, just like how they groom suicide bombers.

The worse is yet to come!

1 Like

Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by klas(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2019
ICPC was established in year 2000. Its board had been constituted and disbanded on many occasions (at least 5 times) before this.

We should ask, who and who filled the slot reserved for the youth on all those occasions and what are their qualifications?
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dyydxx: 2:21pm On May 12, 2019
athorello:

Maybe you should tell us the qualification/experience required by the ICPC act for a 21 year old potential board member.
I'm telling you that just within a year her membership of the board will enable her to get any certification and international exposure she needs and that's like an open door. She already has the platform to be in government for so long if power stays the same or if she'll be wise enough to flow with the powers that be.

Quit wailing already. We have millions of youths thousands with supposedly better qualification but only one person can get it. Everyone has her own opportunity. So, I'll only count her lucky and move on with my life.

I don weak for this matter, abeg.

You are conveniently missing the point. Firstly, there is only a lower limit of 21 years and not an upper limit. Secondly, there are more qualified potential board members representing a state than an intern pharmacists. My God, they should have kunkun taken a graduate working in a shop now or a mechanic within that age bracket.
We are cursed in this country by having dunces in positions of authority. We never have our brightest brains. That's the issue
Re: Hannatu Mohammed, ICPC Board Membership Is Line With ICPC Act 2000 by dyydxx: 2:23pm On May 12, 2019
mistyebby:

I know job placement has little to do with qualifications( specialization) but why not ministry of health or related offices since she read Pharmacy?

Same way they appointed Mrs Zakari who read Pharmacy to a very cricial position in INEC. After national outcry they transferred her to INEC clinic. Please what about other parastatals or commissions??

These ones im sure have been programed to remaim loyal, just like how they groom suicide bombers.

The worse is yet to come!

This one too has her experience in INEC clinic too grin grin seems there is something about INEC clinics for accidental social climbers grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Korea Invitations For Nigerians Withdrawn On Ebola Fears / FG To Cut N1.84tn Borrowing Through TSA Recovery / Don’t Give El-rufai Loans – Kaduna Senators Warn Bank [full Text]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.