Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:10 AM

About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial (18579 Views)

PDP Abandoned North East To Boko Haram – Senate President, Ahmad Lawan (Video) / PDP Abandoned 116 Water Projects Before Leaving Office In 2015 / Osunrerun: PDP Abandoned Davido & His Uncle To Fate. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by aremuforlife(m): 10:41am On May 12, 2019
ABOUT YAM EATERS (PDP)

In 2008, the former PDP chairman Ahmadu Ali suggested a new Headquarters should be constructed for their party, PDP. The idea was welcomed by all party members.

A 12 story building was agreed upon. The former Vice President who at the time was the Governor of Kaduna State, Architect Namadi Sambo, designed the structure of the proposed new secretariat.

The contract was awarded to BNL construction firm for N10billion with a delivery date of two and half years. First quarter of that year, Ahmadu Ali was kicked out of office.

Then came a new PDP Nat. Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor, who keyed into the idea of the new Secretariat by his predecessor. He quickly rallied round party members on how to raise funds.

By November 14, 2008, Ogbulafor organized a fundraising dinner for the N10billion needed to execute the project. On that night, N6billion was generated cash down. ��

Femi Otedola was the baba olowo in attendance. He was the highest donor. You know Femi Otedola na. Don't you? Ok! You remembered Farouk Lawal & subsidy money kwo? Ehen, na that Femi wey been dey swallow subsidy money that Farouk wanted to rope him before Femi come use akpako pass akpako on him. Femi single handedly donated N1billion to PDP on the night. No shaking! PDP! POWER!!!

This one no be dem say dem say, I watched that fund raising dinner live on AIT on that day. I saw the massive explosion of cheers when Femi announced his N1billion donation. ��

Back to my story jare.
So, five years later after the fundraising dinner, the secretariat was nowhere near 20% completion even though N6billion was raised for the project that was initially meant to be completed in 2 & a half years.

However, in October 2013, another former National Chairman of PDP, this time, it was Bamanga Tukur, he initiated fresh moves to re-mobilise the contractors back to site. How? Through fundraising of course. Are you a learner? �

In December 2014 a combined fundraising dinner was organized to raise funds for Mr. Jonathan's 2015 presidential election and for the building project. A mouth watering & mind boggling sum of N21 billion was realized at the event. Yes! You heard me right: N21billion. Is it ur N21billion? ����

I know a lot of us are not very good at mathematics, but let's do this quick maths.

N6billion + N21billion = N27billion. Blood of Moses! Meanwhile, the secretariat originally was meant to cost "only" N10billion.

Lest I forget to tell you, only N2billion was given to BNL construction company as mobilisation from the N6billion that was raised from the initial fundraising. Balance from there was N4billion. Therefore; N4billion + N21billion?

The remaining N25billion was converted to yams & eaten up by goats of many breeds. Lol ���

At the time I typed this post at 02:37am this morning, the new PDP headquarters in Abuja is still not 50% completed.

This brings me to a saying by a character in the gods are not to blame; Odewole said;" If the crocodiles can eat up their own eggs, what can they not do to the body of the frog"?

I'm begging all my PDP friends to take this message to Secondus, Fayose & Wike, PDP should finish building their secretariat in Abuja first before they come to build the entire Nigeria. Tankiu!

Credit: Osquare Okpanachi.
Copied

86 Likes 19 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Donald95(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2019
PDP really bleeped up here

kings09:

And APC is doing what?

4years after, una still de blame PDP.

My brother, i don't care about Party. I am more interested in the person and what i see him do.

Abia State which is my state needs another party as urgent as possible (Alex Otti) . If PDP is wise enough, they should work very hard on the states they have left else they will turn to one of those parties that are about to swept out, but what i see in Abia shows that sense is still far from PDP Leadership.

If APC is wise enough, they shouldn't flag Bello in Kogi as he failed woefully.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by ibietela2(m): 10:59am On May 12, 2019
K
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by andysmith123(m): 10:59am On May 12, 2019
iyam tired of this PDP,infact i am defecting to NUT

2 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Mopolchi: 10:59am On May 12, 2019
PDP will surely sort itself out. PDP... Power to the People!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Mrkumareze(m): 11:00am On May 12, 2019
And mod had to bring this on fp Why such a biased headline ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by kings09(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2019
Donald95:
PDP really bleeped up
And APC is doing what?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Nobody: 11:01am On May 12, 2019
Some people would not like this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Pavore9: 11:01am On May 12, 2019
"The remaining N25billion was converted to yams & eaten up by goats of many breeds. Lol "... cheesy cheesy

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by careytommy37(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2019
Another distraction from incompetent bubu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by FhukaFhuka: 11:02am On May 12, 2019
grin

5 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by iammo(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2019
cool
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by nairalee(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2019
This is Nigeria. Everybody's a criminal l!

I'm thoroughly ashamed of PDP on this matter. So they do all these fundraising in public thinking people will forget?

And OP pls it's PDP SECRETARIAT not PDP SECRETARIAL

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by FhukaFhuka: 11:02am On May 12, 2019
cool

2 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Nobody: 11:02am On May 12, 2019
kings09:

And APC is doing what?

Blame pdp for not completing their secretariat? Abeg who dem go blame before

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Nobody: 11:03am On May 12, 2019
The money is in fixed deposit. It will come out at the right time. Op, how can you say that house is not up to 50%. What i am seeing in that structure is 75% complete. If you put in sincere 1billion in that building, it is completed

3 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by lonlytroy(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2019
Bubu should help them complete it... what a shame on PDP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by rusher14: 11:03am On May 12, 2019
grin
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by sparog(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2019
True talk

A party that is filled with many corrupt individuals that could not complete a building project even after inflating the price and being provided with more than the cost of the building is a complete joke

APC is no better though so all of dem be birds of a feather

grin

13 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by MrMcJay(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2019
This writer really finished Pdp.

16 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by InaNla(f): 11:04am On May 12, 2019
Useless news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Sirchef: 11:05am On May 12, 2019
Really bad

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Prateekeru: 11:05am On May 12, 2019
[e]
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Bolustical: 11:05am On May 12, 2019
Ok
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Bolustical: 11:05am On May 12, 2019
Yes

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by MrMcJay(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2019
kings09:

And APC is doing what?

Who should they blame? Apc, Apga or Republicans?

My friend, just keep quiet and stop disgracing Pdp further.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by kehinde1588(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2019
I dnt know what to say. I am just dumbfounded.

May God remove every PDP infection in our lives

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by agabusta: 11:06am On May 12, 2019
grin
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by ebukason3(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2019
Go finish for them, atleast its located in Abj
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by dwilliams: 11:07am On May 12, 2019
na wa o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Begins Massive Road Rehabilitation, Covering Of Manholes Across The State / I Didn't Say "The Poor Don't Get It" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Tayo Alasoadura Begs Tinubu Over Ondo Governorship Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.