Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) (63344 Views)

Ijaw Villagers Present Governor James Ibori With Fish, Money (Throwback Photos) / Remi And Bola Tinubu In Adorable Photo / Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by SarkinYarki: 2:03pm On May 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Who prevented the others from using proxies to rule in their states?

they tried but couldn't get people as docile as Fashola and Ambode to control..Tinubu is lucky to have found two of such people

1 Like

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 12, 2019
Upton:
Ibori! Corruption charges restricted his political influence. He would have been extremely influential had it not been the years he spent in prison.

Very true. Under Yar Adua, he loomed large as a super influential force from the SS. But he didn't play his politics right. His disregard and downright scorn for the then sitting Vice President Goodluck Jonathan proved to be a terrible political mistake. The moment it became clear that Jonathan would become C-in-C against all odds, Ibori's fate was sealed.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Im not sure you read news.

I don't need to read news about ibori . I am from Delta and ibori is someone I know
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by hisexcellency34: 2:12pm On May 12, 2019
This Ibori is just too handsome
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by athorello(m): 2:14pm On May 12, 2019
Ogidigborigbo and Jagaban are paddies till thy kingdom come.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by MrMcJay(m): 2:15pm On May 12, 2019
goshee:
Tinubu will not rule Nigeria. you can argue with ndi North

You can't speak for the North, rather speak as to your political worth.

How many votes did you give the winner of the last election? grin
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by hisexcellency34: 2:15pm On May 12, 2019
JasonScoolari, you are very factual and consistent

JasonScoolari:
[b]No doubt about that, Infact, I am of the opinion that he was the best SS governor during his time. Dude was Fearless and had this tenacity and doggedness... Even his friend from Edo State with Mushroom mustache, Lucky Igbinedion can attest to that. He gave the SS a new look politically, He gave Deltans strength to have faith in government. Ibori never owed any worker,
Jasonscoolari, God bless you for always saying the truth
Infact, his developmental strides made Delta state one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria.

Let's not forget how he carefully selects his commissioner's and made a great choice in selecting Veronica Ogbuagu as the commissioner of Education placing Delta state very high in quality Education, Sports, Entertainment, you name it, He touched everywhere.

If he was to be a footballer, then he would be likened to the ever Smiling "Ronaldinho"

Deltans Love Him, I love Him More.

Odidigboigbo is the FATHER of Delta State, Okowa his loyal boy is still trying.

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by anonimi: 2:17pm On May 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by ken6488(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2019
anonimi:

You right click and pick copy image address.
Then you paste into your reply and highlight the whole address and click the icon "insert image/picture" above the comment box.
Try it and see if you get it.
Cheers.
Ok
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Divine200: 2:20pm On May 12, 2019
Hedonini:

Very true. Under Yar Adua, he loomed large as a super influential force from the SS. But he didn't play his politics right. His disregard and downright scorn for the then sitting Vice President Goodluck Jonathan proved to be a terrible political mistake. The moment it became clear that Jonathan would become C-in-C against all odds, Ibori's fate was sealed.
You are very correct. His fought against goodluck becoming acting president which eventually led to president because there was an agreement between him and obj that during second tenure of yaradua he will replace good luck. His down far came when yaradua died and Jonathan became president, the first thing Jonathan did was to go after him using efcc. And that was it for ibori.

Lots of lessons to learn from this
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by hisexcellency34: 2:22pm On May 12, 2019
Good to know they are still together despite political divide

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by vicdom(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
Tinubu has really grown. Remained relevant and climbing constantly since leaving office in 2007.I can't even remember 10 of the governors from 1999 to 2007. Let me try.

Ahmed Tinubu,
James Ibori,
Donald Duke,
Lucky Igbinedion,
Victor Attah,
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha,
Peter Odilli,
Gbenga Daniel,
Makarfi
Mbadinuju

I'm done. They've mostly gone into oblivion while Tinubu is getting ready to be president.
Mbadinuju left office 29th may 2003, he was denied return ticket because of the colossal and abysmal misrule during his first tenure.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Divine200: 2:26pm On May 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Too cute
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by JasonScoolari: 2:30pm On May 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:
JasonScoolari, you are very factual and consistent

hisexcellency34:
You're a wise man.

Remain blessed bro.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by SaintLucia: 2:41pm On May 12, 2019
anonimi:

Like the loquacious minister of darkness who has been a total disappointment and complete failure since he was exposed to national scrutiny

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776311_borehole_jpeg6982552b3aa8ea67bec1da4c0172b398
Far better than those that governed Delta before and now. I'm sure your PDP government that privatized the power sector left you with a 24 hours electricity before Fashola came to destroy it. Ode!

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by maestroferddi: 2:41pm On May 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
Tinubu has really grown. Remained relevant and climbing constantly since leaving office in 2007.I can't even remember 10 of the governors from 1999 to 2007. Let me try.

Ahmed Tinubu,
James Ibori,
Donald Duke,
Lucky Igbinedion,
Victor Attah,
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha,
Peter Odilli,
Gbenga Daniel,
Makarfi
Mbadinuju

I'm done. They've mostly gone into oblivion while Tinubu is getting ready to be president.
President of Ojota Motor Park Association?

Tinubu will not smell the presidency....You don't know jack about. Nigerian political intrigues...
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by SocialJustice: 2:45pm On May 12, 2019
vicdom:

Mbadinuju left office 29th may 2003, he was denied return ticket because of the colossal and abysmal misrule during his first tenure.
I remember he was a terrible governor.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by SocialJustice: 2:46pm On May 12, 2019
HSfoundation:

Mbadinuju... Is not part of the list
Mbadinuju was governor from 1999.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by contigiency(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I can perceive the mouth odour of one Godfather there, the one putting on a black demonic ring. grin

Take nothing away from these great men, they've paid their dues.

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

And may the wave of misfortune blow any miscreant that will quote me to say rubbish.

Criminal spotted.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2019
kingkakaone:

Ibori is still the best governor that my state has ever seen.
His projects were durable and also genuine unlike the madness we have today.

Ibori is better than Okowa and Uduaghan combined.
If a money launderer is the best Governor your state has ever produced then your state is finished

1 Like

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by CliffDike(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2019
Mk93:

Ibori is not greedy like tinubu. He allow others opinion and always allow decision of the people to stand. That is why his political empire did not collapse even while in prison

I'm from Delta State and very much familiar with the political structure in that State.
Even though there's an iota of truth in ur claim, it won't erase the fact that he (Ibori) is an exconvict.
Ideally a Sitting governor would have been ashamed to publicly associate with such high level corrupt figure.
But, Okowa spent more than 2billion tax payers money to welcome him back from prison.
Nigeria's problem is beyond who is greedy and who is not. Our politicians lack the least requirements for political office which is Integrity and accountability.

Associating with a Criminal automatically makes you a crime suspect by default.

3 Likes

Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by bionixs: 3:04pm On May 12, 2019
SocialJustice:

Ahmed Tinubu,
James Ibori,
Donald Duke,
Lucky Igbinedion,
Victor Attah,
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha,
Peter Odilli,
Gbenga Daniel,
Makarfi
Mbadinuju

how great would his fall be
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Olorunnim: 3:05pm On May 12, 2019
CliffDike:
These two former governors have so much political influence in their various States but sadly, their level of corruption stinks to high heavens.

In saner climes it will be a disgrace and a big public embarrassment to associate with known thieves like these two.

But, this is Nigeria, where we vilify integrity and venerate the fantastically corrupt.
The truth is not more than this
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by SocialJustice: 3:05pm On May 12, 2019
bionixs:
how great would his fall be
I really don't care.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by naijajobx: 3:10pm On May 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by CliffDike(m): 3:13pm On May 12, 2019
onadana:

In saner climes they won't even be allowed to see or feel sunshine...vis a vis Bernie Maddoff
Bro, it baffles me when even so-called big politicians see absolutely nothing wrong in publicly associating with exconvicts.

Corruption will continue to strive if we keep electing governors who see people like Tinubu, Ibori, Akpabio, Amaechi, Saraki and many others as their godfathers and role models.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Bonze10(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2019
Interesting!
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by hisexcellency34: 3:19pm On May 12, 2019
Liar. Swear with Amadioha that you are from Delta state

CliffDike:

I'm from Delta State and very much familiar with the political structure in that State.
Even though there's an iota of truth in ur claim, it won't erase the fact that he (Ibori) is an exconvict.
Ideally a Sitting governor would have been ashamed to publicly associate with such high level corrupt figure.
But, Okowa spent more than 2billion tax payers money to welcome him back from prison.
Nigeria's problem is beyond who is greedy and who is not. Our politicians lack the least requirements for political office which is Integrity and accountability.

Associating with a Criminal automatically makes you a crime suspect by default.
Re: James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) by Bonze10(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2019
Lol...thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Blocks Onitsha-Owerri Road In Imo (Pictures, Video) / Policemen, MOPOL Search Danjuma La’ah's House In Kaduna (Pics) / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.