Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance (34443 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / COVID-19 Taskforce Disrupts Wedding In Cross River. Guests Run / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
This is stupidity of the highest order.
Will the money still be paid after disrupting the wedding?
Why not wait for couple to be sprayed with money then ask him to pay you?
What about arresting them if they refused to pay?
Dem just spoil business for themselves because people will think twice before patronizing them
Arresting ke...for naija...e be like say u de Yemen

1 Like

Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by raphy(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2019
that's what happens when you smoke ondo weed mix with waffi own them down load tramadol u go high like kite.

poverty in disgrace n disease I no way carry am.
Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by Kingkun69(m): 2:04am On May 13, 2019
Angy55:
White wedding is not a must. Do your traditional marriage and take your wife home in peace void of any worries of debt they will not listen. I'm yet to see where it is written in the scripture that church wedding is a must.

Wedding gown and suit wearers, some will even enter pre-wedding photos on credit.
thank you it is better to have a small gathering of family and close friends wedding than to have a large talk of town one that leaves u bankrupt before life has started or a large wedding that falls off after a yr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by bendike: 2:15am On May 13, 2019
seunfly:
No balance be that now + the planner has distroyed his repution. Who will be crazy enough to give the planner job again.
Its a mistake to trust a Nigerian to pay balance after an event. Story will enter and you will be at their mercy. In my refrigeration business for events I make sure I collect full payment before my vehicle leaves for the event to avoid story. Priviously I have had to tell my boys to lock up people's drinks in the truck because party will have almost ended and they still will delay to transfer balance. Next thing you will see is that the fellow will disappear.
To avoid stress collect your money in full upfront.
As per damaging reputation, story. Better customers that will pay shall come.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by bendike: 2:24am On May 13, 2019
Greatzeus:
I think it's too early for such an act? Should have given them few more days or weeks or even months. In business credit is part of the game. If you aren't ready to render some services on credit then you will loose lots of clients. Eg corporate bodies.
It is better to loose lots clients in the Nigeria context than to do lots of work without seeing your money.
Credit does not work in Naija as folks are not honorable. Besides the mechanisms to recover money is not there. It's not like small claims courts you have abroad ie judge Judy etc is available here. Do you want to spent 5 years in court chasing 100k? The money you will spend on legal fees sef go cost past 500k meanwhile the plaintiff no get assets and could even relocate. Best thing is to ensure you are paid upfront to avoid stress.
Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by airsaylongcon: 5:18am On May 13, 2019
bendike:

Its a mistake to trust a Nigerian to pay balance after an event. Story will enter and you will be at their mercy. In my refrigeration business for events I make sure I collect full payment before my vehicle leaves for the event to avoid story. Priviously I have had to tell my boys to lock up people's drinks in the truck because party will have almost ended and they still will delay to transfer balance. Next thing you will see is that the fellow will disappear.
To avoid stress collect your money in full upfront.
As per damaging reputation, story. Better customers that will pay shall come.

The problem is that vendors are also very untrustworthy. You pay them in full and by 5pm they have started packing their things when u had a deal that there will be after party after the reception.
Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by frozen70(f): 7:43am On May 13, 2019
chiommy123:
Is not everyone that has money to pay of front. Some give part payment and complete it after the wedding. Depends on the agreement. That decorator no get joy at all

Agreement is agreements

When people go into deals they look forward to each other fulfiing their parts

The groom only disgraced him self on his own joyous day

If he had called the guy few days to the wedding and plead with him, it wouldn't have gone bad like that
Re: Interior Decorator Disrupts A Wedding Reception Over Nonpayment Of Balance by Angy55(f): 8:00am On May 13, 2019
Kingkun69:
thank you it is better to have a small gathering of family and close friends wedding than to have a large talk of town one that leaves u bankrupt before life has started or a large wedding that falls off after a yr

Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party / How Much Does One Ileya Ram Cost In Your Area? / Man Buried In Airplane Casket In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.