Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (66655 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 12:11pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka:

You speak the truth.
But just a little while, peradventure one or more will look a little more closely at the word of truth.

It's impossible by force of reasoning to convince a JWs witness. Theirs is a strong chain and bound that only the grace of Christ can break free. Most of them will die only to know that they have believed lies all their lives.

Cc: malvisguy22:

It's a waste of time arguing with those heretics. Arguing about prophecies and the word of God in it's entirety with them is a total waste of time.

They are not born again and therefore lack the Spirit of God. They have confessed times without number that they are natural men and not spiritual men. So, how come you expect them to understand the Bible which is the word of God which is spirit?

Jesus speaking....

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

They are natural men, how do you expect then to receive the words of Jesus which is spirit and can only be spiritually discerned by someone with the spirit of God?

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

They think they can study the Bible and understand it without having the Holy Spirit, but that's a lie. Look at that Ethiopian Eunuch who was reading the scroll but couldn't understand it. He couldn't because he didn't have the spirit of God to be able to understand the word of God which is spirit. It took Philip, a spirit-filled man, to explain it to him. And because he was willing to learn, he understood and accepted Jesus.

This ones don't want to learn towards accepting the spirit which will enable them receive the things of the spirit. So, if you continue arguing about the prophecies of Daniel and Revelations, you will only be wasting your tine because they can't receive it unless they first receive the spirit which gave those prophecies
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by daviddove: 12:12pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Born of water does not mean water baptism same way born of spirit does not mean physical birth. How you managed to separate both is what I find dubious.

Jesus even further explained that the process of being born again which involves being born of water and spirit is something g eyes can't see just as we can't see the wind where it comes from and where it's going.

John 3:8 (KJV)
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Your mistake is that you think when one becomes Born again, it means he will live as a spirit forever. You even went ahead to say that those JW who are born again will live as spirit forever in heaven. Doesn't this contradict your doctrine of soul-sleep? grin You mean born again spirits will now seized time exist until resurrection or they will continue to live as spirit while you remaining jw remain dead?

What you fail to know is that when we become born again, God gives us his spirit. During resurrection, we get to wear our perfect bodies and not live as spirits but humans.

You cleverly deleted other verses and points that prove my stance and picked the one you could twist.

God who sanctified the Church by washing it has been in the business of doing so right from the old testament. Washing wasn't strictly for the church alone but for all believers. God who did it today did it yesterday.

Ezekiel 36:25-26 – Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. I will place My Spirit within you and cause you to follow My statutes and carefully observe My ordinances.

Bath or wash, what's the difference? Nothing.

Yes, Jesus said to be Born of WATER. But that doesn't mean one will become water. Or are you trying to tell me that your JW 144,000 will not only live as spirits but as water as well? grin

The water Jesus emphasized on there is spiritual washing away of sins and anything that can make man stand guilty before God.

As seen, born of water and spirit aren't physical effects but spiritual and unseen. The spirit is when God gives us his spirit for believing in his son, while the washing is when God washes away all our guilt.

1 Corinthians 6:11 (KJV)
And such were some of you: but ye are washed , but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God .

So you see, you came up with a lame response.

please define water baptisim?

explaim whats happning in luke 3:21

'Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus also was baptized and, as he was praying, the heaven was opened up'

jesus also was baptised.....does that means he has sin

nope buh a new way of life to lay a path fr us

cause ur own washing nd washing keep on laying on washing of sin

and i want to knw

please tell me....does why do they took water baptism so important in the bible and why do they baptised anyone that believs in the word?

cause u are talking as if water batism is a waste of time...nd i cnt still laugh alone

and lastly

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:13pm On May 22, 2019
daviddove:

help me ask me what jesus mean when he said they should baptise them in the name of father and the son nd the holy spirit

He sees baptism as a physical thing, his logical sense is not that open to the fact that Baptism is not just cleaning the body but a request to God for a clean conscience . its not just a physical activity , its connected with a persona spiritual life.

Infact one of the primary teaching of True Christianity is " Baptism "

Anyone who try to undermine it as less important or not neccesary is under the influence of demons
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:14pm On May 22, 2019
daviddove:

help me ask me what jesus mean when he said they should baptise them in the name of father and the son nd the holy spirit

He sees baptism as a physical thing, his logical sense is not that open to the fact that Baptism is not just cleaning the body but a request to God for a clean conscience . its not just a physical activity , its connected with a persons spiritual life.

Infact one of the primary teaching of True Christianity is " Baptism " Heb 6:2

Anyone who try to undermine it as less important or not neccesary is under the influence of demons
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 22, 2019
daviddove:

Jesus simply means teaching people all the attributes of Jehovah, the part Jesus[the son] played in our Salvation and the works of God's holy spirit that is expected in the lives and activities of true Christians!
For instance when Jehovah said about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that they don't know him by his name, he wasn't saying these three don't know his name but that they never knew him by his attributes! Exodus 6:2-3
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:16pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

It's a waste of time arguing with those heretics. Arguing about prophecies and the word of God in it's entirety with them is a total waste of time.

They are not born again and therefore lack the Spirit of God. They have confessed times without number that they are natural men and not spiritual men. So, how come you expect them to understand the Bible which is the word of God which is spirit?

Jesus speaking....

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

They are natural men, how do you expect then to receive the words of Jesus which is spirit and can only be spiritually discerned by someone with the spirit of God?

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

They think they can study the Bible and understand it without having the Holy Spirit, but that's a lie. Look at that Ethiopian Eunuch who was reading the scroll but couldn't understand it. He couldn't because he didn't have the spirit of God to be able to understand the word of God which is spirit. It took Philip, a spirit-filled man, to explain it to him. And because he was willing to learn, he understood and accepted Jesus.

This ones don't want to learn towards accepting the spirit which will enable them receive the things of the spirit. So, if you continue arguing about the prophecies of Daniel and Revelations, you will only be wasting your tine because they can't receive it unless they first receive the spirit which gave those prophecies

You are the real heretic if you don't know

Anyone who undermine Baptism as not necessary IS NOT IN CHRIST

Thank you for showing your.true color to the world.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:21pm On May 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
very lame excuse. okay here is this one In Exodus 3:14-15 we learn that JEHOVAH is
the great "I AM." According to the Gospel of John, Who is the great "I AM" ?

In your eyes now, you are good shey ? grin grin

Please an angel also answers I AM .

Does that also mean that Angel is God ?

Cc: malvisguy212
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 12:33pm On May 22, 2019
Jozzy4:
Cc : Barristter07

Smh it is sown a physical body and raised a spiritual body
He is talking about ressurection

What is born of spirit is Spirit ? Is it not Jesus that talk am ?

U lied , Blood of goat and ran can't wash away their sins. Offpoint

Bath is continuous, born occur once

You are the silly one, Jesus himself never said what is born of water will be water
Because he knows the meaning and instruct his disciples to baptize as well

Where did I tell you that blood of Rams washes away sins forever?

What washes away sins forever is simple believe in God. Abraham, despite his many concubines, was still seen as righteous, meaning he had no sin in God's eyes. Why? Because Abraham believed God.

Romans 4:3-5 (KJV)
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

As established so far, salvation is not of works, neither is being born again of works. Being born again which is the same as being born of water and spirit is not of works because they are not physical things. This clearly shows that water baptism is not what is spoken of when Jesus said to be born of water.

If we are to be baptized before we can be born again aka saved, then it means we have contributed to salvation. This means it wasn't the effort by Jesus alone that got us saved. We too contributed. But that's a lie because the passage below says...

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you say born of water is baptism, then what you've said is that we would boast before God because we also played a role in our salvation in that we did the work of getting baptized.

So clearly, salvation which leads to being born again, which also means born of water and spirit, is not of works and not of ourselves. It is nothing we can see.

Jesus instructing us to be baptized is for us to picture his death, burial and resurrection in an open way to show we have accepted him.

If you say it is part of the process of being saved or born again, then you have clearly stated that John the Baptist had been doing half of the duty of getting people saved or born again before Jesus came. This means John the Baptist is our co-saviour. Junk gospel from Watchtower grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 12:39pm On May 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

You are the real heretic if you don't know

Anyone who undermine Baptism as not necessary IS NOT IN CHRIST

Thank you for showing your.true color to the world.

Yes, Paul is also a heretic according to you, because he didn't Baptize more than two people and a household despite saving thousands of souls.

1 Corinthians 1:13-17
"Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel -- not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"

He didn't prioritize baptism because it wasn't a prerequisite to salvation but a display of salvation. He didn't even make it a central theme in the gospel he was preaching.

If it was a prerequisite to salvation, then it means John the Baptist had been getting people saved half way before Jesus came. According to JW and GB, John the Baptist is their co-saviour. grin

Paul didn't make water baptism central in his message, rather he prioritized baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the same emphasized by being born of water and of spirit. It clearly means it is the Holy Spirit that does the baptism, not man.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV)
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Is Baptism Necessary for Salvation – The Conclusion

Is baptism necessary for salvation? If the question is concerning water baptism, the answer is no. We are not saved by ritual or works but by "grace through faith." "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, water baptism does not save us. However, the baptism of the Spirit is necessary for salvation and that has nothing whatever to do with water and it is not something we do for ourselves, it is God's gift to us at the moment we are born again.

If water baptism were not necessary for salvation, why then would someone be baptized? Baptism is an outward action based on an inward reality. Baptism is a testimony that the participant has trusted in Christ as Savior and they are identifying himself/herself by submitting themselves to baptism. We cannot rest our hope of salvation on something that we can do for ourselves, rather we must recognize our need of a Savior and accept the LORD Jesus Christ's finished work for our redemption. That finished work is that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and three days later rose from the dead. Then, if we chose to be baptized, it is an act of testimony to others of the reality of our personal identification with Christ.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 2:03pm On May 22, 2019
Barristter07:

You need to calm down. I made the statement that the Book of Daniel compared beasts with world government . You should ask me for reference NOT you producing a reference that doesn't tally with my submission.

Here was the premise that formed the basis of my reference to Daniel .

Which is supported by Daniel 7: 3, 23

The Beasts were explained as representing world kingdoms or Government

The anti spam bots have banned my main Monika shadeyinka!
I don't know why!

I think it doesn't change anything. I was just curious if Nebuchadnezzar is a person and he is the head of Gold, would the other part of the bodies represents kings who will rule kingdoms or not.?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

I don't know why!

I think it doesn't change anything. I was just curious if Nebuchadnezzar is a person and he is the head of Gold, would the other part of the bodies represents kings who will rule kingdoms or not.?

If you check your profile (i.e. shadeyinka) the reason for the ban and the duration of the ban would be stated there...

Perhaps you pasted links on this thread or other ones... I got banned for something similar...
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

I don't know why!

Don't worry yourself too much over this.
Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom is actually what the head of gold depicts!
But the actual fact is that the worldly governments didn't start from Babylon [Nebuchadnezzar's government], so how come the dream started with his kingdom as the head of gold?
Well, the other two kingdoms prior to Babylonian domination [Egypt and Assyria 'Southern Iran'] weren't organized to have what Satan is enforcing throughout the earth today called the divide and rule style or Democracy!
None of them have designated lower rulers under their jurisdiction like Senators and Reps CHOSEN from different races or tribes stationed in one place!
None of them tried to unite all those under them like Nebuchadnezzar did through false religious means[National Anthem]!
So this Democracy that people globally are clamoring for was initiated by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, but gradually the overall power he had at first started diminishing as the other kingdoms following his steps were giving more preference to what the people under them demands, that is why by the time it got to the feet it was revealed to Daniel that the Iron[rulers] and the clay[subjects] will both have a say in their government later! That is what led humans to this system called Democracy[government of the people, by the people and for the people] But despite both having a say, the government will still continue to dictate what will be, that is why you're seeing people protesting using placards against the government they elected themselves!
For your information,
¤ Nebuchadnezzar was 6 feet tall!
¤ The idol he asked people to bow to was 60 feet tall!
¤ His cabinet was 600 in total!
That is why anyone still believing in worldly governments is said to be having the number 666!
I know how you feel when thinking that people will be tormented inside fire FOREVER and the feeling of being special due to signs and wonders you think you've performed but try to humble yourself for knowledge that gives no room for self pride! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 2:54pm On May 22, 2019
Barristter07:

I doubt if you read responses before you reply, maybe if you do, you need to learn to process words . I didn't define a spirit , I told you why tlyour question was baseless . HUMAN SPIRIT is not a Personality! So its fruitless asking if it's living or dead .

I said " Human Spirit " . Spirit can mean.different things depending on its usage.

Spirit of the world doesnt mean the world or planet earth has a spirit , .. Usage please !

Note the @bolded, we shall need it later.

Barristter07:

" Everything on dry land that had the the breath of the spirit of life in its nostrils died " - Genesis 7:22

Animals have the breath of life in their nostrils too grin. U can keep your food for thought now
I said did God breath the breath of life into animals too?
Isn't that just saying that everything that is alive died?

Barristter07:

The Breath of life which powers its breathing.
I maintain it's not a personality!

Barristter07:

Soul = a person . Joshua killed some souls with sword in the Bible.
Body = that which holds the persons vital organs

Spirit= The spirit of life that powers it breathing
Then what did Jesus mean when He said:

Mat 10:28: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Jesus seem to be saying that as the body has life, so the soul has life. The best a human being can do is to kill the body BUT God can after killing the body put the the soul in hell.

Or what's the difference between what God can do and what a man can do?

Barristter07:

A QUESTION

Jesus spirit returned to the Father the day he died, Does that mean its Jesus himself that return to heaven ? Luke 23:46

To help us detect if spirit of man is the person .

Luk 23:46:

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into your hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

Jesus didn't go to heaven (either physically or Spiritually) He was only saying that He entrust his spirit to Gods care (I am sure you aren't looking at the literal hands of God).

1Pet 3:19: "By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison;"

1Pet 4:6: "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Jesus went to preach to the spirit that were dead.

Please how come?
The dead are not supposed to be conscious!

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:35pm On May 22, 2019
Barristter07:

Been Born again like I said is to eventually have the hope of becoming a spirit Being who dwells in heaven.

What is born of Spirit is ?? SPIRIT . just like God
If you had answered my question, we will not be going through your pre-recorded script.
If what is born of the spirit is invisible like God, when did the apostles get born again and did they become spirits?
Jesus of course wasn't saying on is born again after dying was he?

Barristter07:

This is why Peter referred to them as " partakers of DIVINE Nature " 2Pet 1:4

But is it only born again that will be saved ?

No, not everyone will become a Spirit - Psalm 37:29 . some have the hope of living forever On earth
If you had answered the question: who was Peter speaking to?
You'll not be repeating your rehearsal.

Rev 7:9-11:
"After this I beheld, and, see, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"

1. Where were these great multitude? Heaven or Earth?
2. Where is the Throne of God? Heaven or Earth?

Barristter07:

Revelation 21:3,4 calls them " MANKIND " not Spirits.

Any objection ?

Rev 21:2-4:
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Did I call them spirits?

Heb 8:1: "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;"

Rev 4:2: "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 16:17: "And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done."

Rev 20:11: "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

Please answer the above Question!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:37pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
So what happens to the promise of GREATER WORKS? John 14:12 undecided
In adequate faith!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:42pm On May 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

I read your response to barrister and see you don't even have a clue what you are talking about. If you do, identifying the personality should not be hard . but he present evidence for his own point using Daniel 7:3 and 23 .

My own is since you are not ready to identify the personality , that means we can't use the Rev 20:10 . Let's see Revelation 20:14 ... Will death and Grave be burning in fire or cease to exist ?

Sorry, before I entertain this, answer my query of Zechariah 12:10
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:46pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
I didn't notice this points in your write-up!
So let's just conclude that you and your folks are exited about signs and wonders but you can't settle for any standard[Matthew 7:21-23] therefore you will agree with all sort of norms and traditions just for the sake of the SIGNS you them perform IN JESUS NAME! cheesy Isaiah 57:20
Jehovah's Witnesses globally have settled for a unique standard and we're not ready to share with you any of the SIGNS happening in our midst, because it is STRICTLY for those having faith,that is why we're not tossed about with all kinds of teachings [Hebrew 10:38] unlike you who worships with ECWA but your heart is not settled for any of their standards as you're exited about those who usually drank tea with the lord in their living rooms! cheesy
My point is if God has never used you by His Spirit, then, you either
1. Don't know Him and He doesn't know you OR
2. Your faith in Him and His ability is zero
3. You are not sealed by His Spirit
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:48pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus speaking....

I perfectly agree with you.
You ask them a question, they avoid it and load you with their preconceived ideas. It seams they don't even read what is presented before them.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 3:52pm On May 22, 2019
OkCornel:

If you check your profile (i.e. shadeyinka) the reason for the ban and the duration of the ban would be stated there...

Perhaps you pasted links on this thread or other ones... I got banned for something similar...
Antispam bots don't give reasons. And I didn't copy from one thread to another. It seems not to just like me responding to a particular post of maximus69
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

My point is if God has never used you by His Spirit, then, you either
1. Don't know Him and He doesn't know you OR
2. Your faith in Him and His ability is zero
3. You are not sealed by His Spirit
Says you Sir. What God's son said is that IT IS BY THEIR FRUIT and the fruit i have born has convinced many that the God of the Bible is the one using me!
It is your own definition that centers only on spectacular signs, sincere and honesthearted individuals have knelt before me begging me to PRAY for them while i tell them that they can be better than me in speaking consolingly to depressed souls, if they humble themselves to learn what i have spoken that touched their hearts! They sensed the power of God's holy spirit speaking through me! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 7:14pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
Says you Sir. What God's son said is that IT IS BY THEIR FRUIT and the fruit i have born has convinced many that the God of the Bible is the one using me!
It is your own definition that centers only on spectacular signs, sincere and honesthearted individuals have knelt before me begging me to PRAY for them while i tell them that they can be better than me in speaking consolingly to depressed souls, if they humble themselves to learn what i have spoken that touched their hearts! They sensed the power of God's holy spirit speaking through me! smiley

Rom 8:9: "But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 7:18pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
Don't worry yourself too much over this.
Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom is actually what the head of gold depicts!

But the actual fact is that the worldly governments didn't start from Babylon [Nebuchadnezzar's government], so how come the dream started with his kingdom as the head of gold?
Well, the other two kingdoms prior to Babylonian domination [Egypt and Assyria 'Southern Iran'] weren't organized to have what Satan is enforcing throughout the earth today called the divide and rule style or Democracy!
None of them have designated lower rulers under their jurisdiction like Senators and Reps CHOSEN from different races or tribes stationed in one place!
None of them tried to unite all those under them like Nebuchadnezzar did through false religious means[National Anthem]!
So this Democracy that people globally are clamoring for was initiated by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, but gradually the overall power he had at first started diminishing as the other kingdoms following his steps were giving more preference to what the people under them demands, that is why by the time it got to the feet it was revealed to Daniel that the Iron[rulers] and the clay[subjects] will both have a say in their government later! That is what led humans to this system called Democracy[government of the people, by the people and for the people] But despite both having a say, the government will still continue to dictate what will be, that is why you're seeing people protesting using placards against the government they elected themselves!
For your information,
¤ Nebuchadnezzar was 6 feet tall!
¤ The idol he asked people to bow to was 60 feet tall!
¤ His cabinet was 600 in total!
That is why anyone still believing in worldly governments is said to be having the number 666!
I know how you feel when thinking that people will be tormented inside fire FOREVER and the feeling of being special due to signs and wonders you think you've performed but try to humble yourself for knowledge that gives no room for self pride! wink

Please check the bolded!

Dan 2:37-38: "

You, O king, are a king of kings : for the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wherever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven has he given into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all.
You are this head of gold."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 7:25pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:

This one says he doesn't have the Holy Spirit yet he say he has the fruits of the spirit. grin

Abeg shey na mango or cashew?

Once you lack the Holy Spirit, you can't have his fruits. You can only imitate it just as Satan usually pose like an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 7:29pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Rom 8:9: "But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

This is a strong punch.

They don't have the spirit of Christ, yet they claim to the true Christians just like the early Christians.

grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 7:46pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This is a strong punch.

They don't have the spirit of Christ, yet they claim to the true Christians just like the early Christians.

grin
I honestly don't understand how people can self invent lies to conform with their believes. Can you see how conveniently they ignored discussing Zechariah 12:10

On that Scripture alone ALL they preach and teach falls down like a pack of cards. Only God knows how many deliberate lies and mistranslations are in their NWT.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

That is why the FRUIT of the SPIRIT was emphasised @ Galatians 5:22-23
So that those NOT bearing such FRUIT should think twise before concluding that they're for Jesus simply out of presumption nurtured by the feeling of SIGNS! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This one says he doesn't have the Holy Spirit yet he say he has the fruits of the spirit. grin

Abeg shey na mango or cashew?

Once you lack the Holy Spirit, you can't have his fruits. You can only imitate it just as Satan usually pose like an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
May OUR END be according to OUR WORKS in Jesus name ~Amen! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:06pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
That is why the FRUIT of the SPIRIT was emphasised @ Galatians 5:22-23
So that those NOT bearing such FRUIT should think twise before concluding that they're for Jesus simply out of presumption nurtured by the feeling of SIGNS! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

You claim to bear the fruits.

Should it be difficult to answer when asked if you have the spirit that gives the fruit?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Please check the bolded!

Dan 2:37-38: "

You, O king, are a king of kings : for the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wherever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven has he given into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all.
You are this head of gold."
Just give the glory to Jehovah [our God]! Revelation 4:11
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:07pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
May OUR END be according to OUR WORKS in Jesus name ~Amen! cheesy

So funny. This guy couldn't counter the word of God, instead he picked a verse and misconstrued it in application to me. He doesn't know that it speaks about him because he depends on his works to save him instead of Jesus.

Now read what you wrote again.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You claim to bear the fruits.

Should it be difficult to answer when asked if you have the spirit that gives the fruit?
Please do you go about asking about the type of trees,when people can SEE it's fruit? shocked
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So funny. This guy couldn't counter the word of God, instead he picked a verse and misconstrued it in application to me. He doesn't know that it speaks about him because he depends on his works to save him instead of Jesus.

Now read what you wrote again.
All those following this thread with honesty and sincerity know who the quotation is referring to! wink
The point of emphasis in the quotation is about the END of all what DID here on earth 'OUR WORKS'! 1Peter 2:12
So there's no need to counter whatever you quote from God's word, the point needed will speak for itself! Hebrew 4:12

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (77) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Blasts Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Sinach Welcomes First Baby Five Years After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.