Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues (48221 Views)

Is This The Funniest Football Bant Image Between Chelsea And Tottenham (pic) / Barcelona Players To Wear Jersey With Names In Chinese Against Real Madrid / Top 15 Funniest Names In Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Goalnaldo(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2019
Buhari Cows f.c in Daura
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by lexy2014: 6:41pm On May 13, 2019
Venerable612:
There used to be Iwanyanwun naitional FC grin

D club was named after d owner chief Emmanuel iwuayanwu
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by MrBONE2(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2019
hamrof:
what of THUNDER FIRE YOU F.C

grin

Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by bakila: 6:42pm On May 13, 2019
Go Ahead Eagle FC....
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by cheapgoals(m): 6:43pm On May 13, 2019
Wanity:

How does this one sound funny to you

Cc op

Now you'r acting funny ☺
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by rummmy: 6:48pm On May 13, 2019
Raypawer:
So Go Round fc is from rivers state...
yes....go to omoku and watch them play, how ever, you may be at risk of been kidnapped.
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Queenboy123(m): 6:51pm On May 13, 2019
Funny indeed
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Anndrew(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2019
I have a football club called "SUCK TOTO" base in ph..second division
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by sodeide2013: 6:57pm On May 13, 2019
Nkana Red Devils
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Boschh(m): 7:07pm On May 13, 2019
Karamah fc - SYRIA
Ngozi fc - BURUNDI
Club destroyers - /////
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by airsaylongcon: 7:08pm On May 13, 2019
Joromi12:
Babarnawa fc that year. Ebiede fc am like wtf

Ebiede is an Ijaw name. So if names like Iwu anyanwụ or el-Kanemi can have FC nothing wrong in Ebiede FC
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Inteltower: 7:12pm On May 13, 2019
Mogajunior:
WE DIE HERE FC!!
lol... guy this club real ?
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Legendguru: 7:16pm On May 13, 2019
oh
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Olorunnim: 7:18pm On May 13, 2019
Mogajunior:
WE DIE HERE FC!!
Not me and you!
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Olorunnim: 7:18pm On May 13, 2019
gunuvi:
36 lions fc in Lagos
Lagos Island
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Olorunnim: 7:20pm On May 13, 2019
Teeklef:
Koto aye FC in ibadan!!! Sohcahtoa.
Guy you're funny
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Olorunnim: 7:23pm On May 13, 2019
samuelmusa:
grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Vagina FC, Agatu Benue state.this one weak me.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Are you for real?
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by mjbaba: 7:26pm On May 13, 2019
KKD FC of Kaduna is actually

KADUNA KICK and DIE
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Slimsly100(f): 7:30pm On May 13, 2019
Raypawer:
So Go Round fc is from rivers state...

Yes. Omoku precisely.
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Unconquerable: 7:31pm On May 13, 2019
That’s why people would rather watch European football than their half-baked football.
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Teeklef(m): 7:33pm On May 13, 2019
Olorunnim:
Guy you're funny
Abi jare
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by lovesky1: 7:34pm On May 13, 2019
brainpower:
Go round FC comes from the nickname of the owner.

He's the current pdp chairman in Rivers State.

It is said that whenever he wants to give money or gifts to people, he makes sure it goes "round" to everyone. So people started calling him go round. He's also a former local government chairman.

you are right i knew the man i grow up in his home town omoku the dude get muller die he can spend [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by hamrof(m): 7:41pm On May 13, 2019
chrisxxx:

Quote me anywhere, anybody anywhere that curses anyone with Thunder Fire You is an Afonja. Example the person that I am quoting. Truly I dont know what Afonjas have with thunder.
If you have any problem with them that may result into exchange of abuses just be fast to use the phrase Thunder Fire You. Once you say this they are short of words or curse they will have nothing to say in reply.
and who is this barbaric that have the gut to quote me?...can't someone joke in peace again or your tribalistic nature has eaten the best part of your thinking faculty for you not to be able to differentiate a joke from course
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by hamrof(m): 7:42pm On May 13, 2019
selemo:
Another Black Monkey...
just like your bald head, idiot
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Greatfullheart: 7:45pm On May 13, 2019
i can't stop laughing

Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by MaziEDOZIE(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2019
AmaIKPU FC, Okigwe IMO state
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Saheed9: 7:50pm On May 13, 2019
Arab contractors fc . Same name as a construction firm
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by saintneo(m): 7:51pm On May 13, 2019
cheapgoals:
Names in club football is as important as the Club itself as it stands as a means of identification and branding, a sense of belonging for fans. Generally, across the world, clubs are named after the city they are based or the owner, sometimes companies and in the new world of sponsorship deals and partnerships, clubs are now named by the companies they have dealt with.

The City of Manchester is more famous for its two rival clubs in the EPL, same for FC Barcelona and the rivals in the capital city of Madrid which houses Atletico [/b]and [b] Real Madrid. Also, Red Bull, an energy drink manufacturing company has clubs in Germany (RB Leipzig), Austria (RB Salzburg), Brazil (RB Brasil) etc, to show how deep sponsorship deals have gone in club identification.

In Nigeria, the case is not different as clubs are majorly named after States and cities, due to the non-existence of sponsorship deals in the league, private clubs are majorly named after their proprietors or cities based and most recently clubs are getting owned by churches thus leading to clubs named after churches.

However, amidst some pretty cool names like some names that would make you stop and think again and sometimes spark a smile and once in a while, short laughter. The State finals of the Aiteo Cup held across the country brought up names which makes one wonder the level of creativity or the none existence of it while considering names of clubs.

Here we take a look at some of the funniest names we found in the state FA cup and the local leagues.

Box to Box FC

Level: Non-league

Yes, you saw that right, Box to Box FC, understandable that the FA permits club owners to use any names they prefer without any laid down guidelines or rules but this sounds like a name coined out of disinterest to think deep in creating a name for a football club.

“Basically football is played from your box to the opponent’s box in search of a goal, it’s a box to box game“- this is me trying to imagine the explanation whoever coined the name will try to give if probed. Or maybe he was staring at a pack of boxes while thinking of a name- who knows?! *Shrugs*

More interestingly, they literally and practically “boxed” MFM FC in the Lagos State FA Cup final clinching the title with a 2-1 victory. I don’t know which is more interesting, the nature of their victory or the nature of their name!

Qutar Waters

Level: Non-league

Now this name sounds like a country or more logical, the name of a River in Borno (I wonder if there is any at all) then the only other meaningful explanation I could give to this after serious research is that maybe it’s actually a “pure-–” sorry, Sachet water company that owns and runs the club.

Other than that, I wonder what else it could mean, maybe a trip to Borno will shed more light on this name, however as i have a busy schedule the trip will be postponed until “further” notice.

Confine FC

Level: Nationwide League One

Seriously? Confine FC? Ok good, according to an online dictionary “Confine” means “To restrict; to keep within bounds; to shut or keep in a limited space or area”.

This Got me wondering if the person who named the Club was “Grounded” or in a police cell while naming the club. Ikot FC would have been better, isn’t it? Whose with me?

Rarara FC

Level: Nigeria National League

Rarara what? Okay “Rarara” in Yoruba is roughly translated to “No No No“, used to show refusal of a suggestion, of all the names on the list, this seems to be the least creative of all, I mean the owner basically repeated two letters twice, he could as well have repeated the letters 7 times.

I guess it’s beyond my understanding the logic behind picking this as a club name. I wonder what Rarara means in Hausa or Igbo. A similar name is Malumfashi FC but the fact that it is named after a local government in Katsina state saves it from further backlash but then for the sake of broadcasters who may bite their tongues while attempting a pronunciation, they should have done better with the naming.

Go Round FC

Level: NPFL

You never thought NPFL club sides would have their tables shaken, did you? But anyone ever wondered what made a certain club owner name his team “Go Round“, I wonder what he means by the statement “Go Round”, who he is directing to move in circles and what he should go round?

Oops my bad, actually forgotten that “Go Round” is now a noun.

God Deliver Me Bible Church FC

Level: Non-League

This is a club side that could turn a sports show to a religious program without fuss. In as much as the team is owned by a church, there are better options which would still show a hint of the religious owner. This sounds more like a prayer point than a name.

At least there are alternative short religious names that can be used, e.g “Saints FC“, remember Welsh league Champions The New Saints“(TNS), however, God Deliver Me when abbreviated is still as awkward as ever and not as awesome as (TNS), pronounce[b] GDMBC[/b] interesting isn’t it?

It’s not limited to Nigeria Dundee United sounds like a team of retards in Nigeria. “Always Ready FC” in Bolivia; Every team should always be ready to play football so it is therefore sensible to have it as your team name as well as a mantra.

In Zimbabwe there is a club named Triangle FC [/b]as well as [b]Chicken Inn; Unsurprisingly, this club is named after its sponsor, a fast food chain. But money buys success, and the club became national champions in 2015

Naughty Boys; I really don’t know how the naming process works for Botswanan football teams but I imagine for this team it went something on the lines of, “you are a boisterous lot, therefore you will be called naughty boys”?

Hafnarfjordur FC is a club you would not want to call without the fear of biting your tongue.

Any other funny named football club, home or abroad that you know,please drop it in the comments section. Let's have fun..

https://cheapgoals.com/the-funniest-football-club-names-in-nigeria-leagues/

Kukurukuu FC in Edo State. played in fa cup
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by marwanafrica: 7:53pm On May 13, 2019
LAVUNKPAN FC
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Levi218(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2019
Well you have not heared of Zoo FC in Kenyan premier league then.
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by bluefilm: 7:56pm On May 13, 2019
cheapgoals:

Rarara FC

Level: Nigeria National League

Rarara what? Okay “Rarara” in Yoruba is roughly translated to “No No No“, used to show refusal of a suggestion, of all the names on the list, this seems to be the least creative of all, I mean the owner basically repeated two letters twice, he could as well have repeated the letters 7 times.

I guess it’s beyond my understanding the logic behind picking this as a club name. I wonder what Rarara means in Hausa or Igbo. A similar name is Malumfashi FC but the fact that it is named after a local government in Katsina state saves it from further backlash but then for the sake of broadcasters who may bite their tongues while attempting a pronunciation, they should have done better with the naming.

Guy, if you know the meaning of ra-ra-ra in Igbo language, you go know say the owner of that club na suspect. shocked shocked sad
Re: Top Funniest Football Club Names In Nigeria Leagues by Levi218(m): 8:01pm On May 13, 2019
hamrof:
and who is this barbaric that have the gut to quote me?...can't someone joke in peace again or your tribalistic nature has eaten the best part of your thinking faculty for you not to be able to differentiate a joke from course
Chai guy why you wicked like this, u kno sey u don cos out the devil out of this guy. LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Gives Femi Otedola A Gift In London / Ricky Saponara Backside Exposed As Fan Pulls Down His Underwear After Goal / "Cristiano Ronaldo Is Overhyped, Scores From Set-Pieces" - Cesc Fabregas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.