Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Can I Get My Toddler To Give Up The Bottle? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Get My Toddler To Give Up The Bottle? (369 Views)

How Do I Stop My Toddler From Sucking Her Lip / Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Toddler To Give Up The Bottle? by Growingapp: 10:43am On May 13, 2019
My 22-month-old son still wants a bottle in the morning, one before his nap, and another at bedtime. If we don't give it to him, he cries inconsolably. How can we get him to use a cup during the day and to stop relying on the bottle to fall sleep? I could really use some advice.

I know "they" want you to stop the bottle early these days, but my son was about 3 when he stopped drinking Milk out of a bottle. He never used a pacifier or sucked his thumb, and drank out of a cup for everything else BUT milk.  He wanted to buy this orange cup while we were shopping and I told him, "if we buy this cup, no more bottles." He said OK! That was the end of the bottle. He's now 4-1/2 (and still bottle free!) My daughter is now 14 months and I am not going to rush her into a sippy cup. She doesn't use a pacifier or suck her thumb either - I honestly don't see what the rush is. I think it depends on your child. You still have to wash sippy cups. To me, it's not worth the grief to the kids. In time, they'll give it up. Do what's best for your situation.

Any other opinion?

For more about parenting and pregnancy, we consider you to download GrowingApp. Link below⬇️

https://growing100.mobi/

Re: How Can I Get My Toddler To Give Up The Bottle? by OlawaleBammie: 5:53pm On May 13, 2019
Flog him and slap him join, u can as well giv him blow for face...

and if u tink u cant do any of dis, den liv d guy make he enjoy hin life abeg, life no get duplicate oo, abeg no just stress d boy at all at all
Re: How Can I Get My Toddler To Give Up The Bottle? by baby124: 7:27pm On May 13, 2019
Give him warm milk at night. It’s ok if he drinks milk. But not from the bottle but a sip cup. If he doesn’t want to drink from sip cup tease him that he’s a little baby. Babies or toddlers hate being teased that they are babies. It makes them change bad habits quickly

(1) (Reply)

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Wife Saved Their Daughter By Diving Into Well After The Child Fell In / What Were The Things You Wish You Knew Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.