Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc (1708 Views)

Insurgency: Confused FG Battling Focused Criminals In Nigeria-ngo / Mafia Banker: The Untold Story On The Actual Founder Of Zenith Bank And Lady / How To Reach The Customer Care Service Of Gtbank, First Bank, UBA, And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:00pm On May 13, 2019
SCAPE-GOATING OF A COMMON MAN OVER N355 MILLION FRAUD BY FIRST BANK (PART 1)

***The Untold Story of the Criminals in FIRST BANK

Growing up, I know that evil existed but I had thought that its existence was limited to the movies and the make-believe world. When this evil presently directed at me started I had thought that those involved were aliens exhibiting their wickedness on a human but I woke up in the cell to discover that these people were actually my bosses in office or do I say my co-workers? Yes! These people are not aliens! These are people that I have never had any quarrel with before. These are people I have taken as brothers and sisters and will do anything to fight for if they were to be accused of any crime. They are people who have in my presence insulted and bad mouthed the ruling class as been evil, little did I know that these people are worst than those they accuse. Truly, this world is full of evil! Yes! This world is deep.

These people have truly dealt with me. I have been to hell and back. However, my tormentors seems determined that they will never let me be until am dead. I must confess that I am dying gradually. Yes! I have always tried to disbelief that what I see daily is death but for how long can one deny the truth especially when it’s staring you in the face? I have always thought that these people can only torment me but it’s obvious that these people are determined to ‘’eliminate’’ me by all means. I now fear for my life and this is why I have decided to tell my story. In case I DO NOT MAKE IT. God forbid! I want the Public to be aware of my battles these years as I fear that these people may succeed in ‘’eliminating’’ me. At least let the public be in the know. I also use this opportunity to ask that you do not cry for me in case they succeed. Who has cry helped? Same tears that I have been sharing for the past 6 years that it now seems non is left? Well! I have from today decided to MAN UP and accept my fate that the evil befalling me is my fault. Yes! I now only have 2 entities to blame: Myself and my ancestors.

My ancestors because they allowed me to be born without a "name" and myself because I allowed my person to be born a common man or what else do you want me to say? The only thing I want from you is to ensure that justice is done in this case whether I live or not.

Yes! It’s now obvious to me that I actually underestimated the forces that I was actually in battles with. These people are well connected and are masters at pulling behind the scenes stings. They seem so saintly in public but these people are something else in private. And when their evil is 100 percent perfectly supported by the ALMIGHTY FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC? Then you can be rest assured that hardly can any common man like me withstand their ‘’elimination targets’’. Off course, a common man like me stands no chance. However, as far as I live, I will continue to fight for my rights and life as I have not offended any man.

My name is Humphrey Darlington Omeli ‘’Male’’ ‘’a Christian’’ ‘’Single’’. Am from Ezeagu local govt area of Enugu State. I live at No.2, Anjorin Close, Market, Okokomaiko, Ojo, Lagos or do I say that I used to live in the above address?

Most times I think that what is happening to me is a dream but alas it's not. I have come to the conclusion that no dream can be this long. No! This must still be dream or is my own case different? Or is it not same work that others go and return home in peace that I have not returned home since September 25th, 2013 that I left my house? I still recall everything that has happened (and continues to happen) just like it happened yesterday.

Just like everyone, I left my house to work on the above referenced date. I worked as a Dispatch Rider at Institutional Banking Group (IBG) department of FIRST BANK, Iganmu branch, as a contract staff from SANDY MGT. CONSULTANTS LTD. A Job I had done since 1st December, 2010. That as a Dispatch Rider, my routine duties include delivering documents specified by my superiors to various officers within the branch, Head Office or to clients within Lagos State as stated in my deployment letter. Such specified documents are expressly handed to me for dispatch by my superiors. More often than not, the documents are dropped for my attention at IBG’s department‘s printer, or on any vacant space table in the department and then pointed out to me by the originator of such document(s).

At the material time to this incident; Mrs. MOJISOLA MAJASAN was the Business Manager for IBG of First Bank - Iganmu Branch. While Mr ABIMBOLA JAIYESIMI was the Relationship Manager in-charge of the account of a customer known as ‘OLAM NIGERIA LTD’ directly opposite the branch.

At about 8.ooam on 25/09/2013, I resumed work as usual and was in the driver’s room away from our department taking my breakfast when ABIMBOLA summoned me to dispatch some documents. I requested him to sign a transport claim of #500 naira for the trip and equally allow me finish my meal which he obliged. I equally drew his attention to another bunch of documents dropped by one Mrs. KELECHI OGBUEYI (another Relationship Manager at IBG on a vacant table the previous day 5.00pm 24/09/2013) which must be dispatched that same morning to our various customers but ABIMBOLA instructed me to first dispatch his own documents as top most priority that morning, and later notified me that he would leave the documents on the top of his printer for me to collect after meal. As I headed to the driver’s room to finish my meal, a man known as Mr. MIKE – A Staff of OLAM NIGERIA LTD came in and went to discuss with Mr. ABIMBOLA.

As expected, I hurried through my meal and returned to collect those documents for dispatch but Mr. ABIMBOLA and Mr. MIKE had both gone. Among the documents which ABIMBOLA kept for me at his printer are: - RISK ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTS, BID DOCUMENTS, AND FOUR (4) FUND TRANSFER INSTRUCTION FORMS which originated from the account of OLAM NIGERIA LTD.

The four (4) fund transfer forms were duly endorsed with IBG department’s stamp, signed by Abimbola and attentioned to the Operation Manager to treat. The (4) transfer forms were for the transfer of funds totalling N355 million naira from Olam Nigeria Ltd’s account to four different corporate accounts with Olam’s original letter heading which originated from four different departments with its separate stamps and signatures properly executed on each of the transfer instructions.

Off course, I made photo copies of all the documents, including the transfer forms with the assumptions that Mr. MIKE must have brought them, and I submitted same to the Operations Secretary. I ensured she acknowledged receipt of it as customarily done, before setting out to dispatch other documents at the Head office Marina, Flourmills Apapa, Golden Sugar Tincan First gate, 7ups Bottling Company IJora, and finally NBC Iddo Plant (Nigerian Bottling Company). I was still delivering documents at NBC - IDDO when (Mr. ABIMBOLA JAIYESIMI and Mrs. KELECHI OGBUEYI) called my phone in quick succession, summoning me back to the branch saying they have more urgent documents for me.

I quickly abandoned everything and rushed back to the office as instructed. I got to the branch around 2:50pm, where I met only Mrs. KELECHI in our department and thereafter handed the acknowledgement copies of all the documents that I delivered for the day including the four (4) Transfer Instructions and some undelivered documents belonging to BAGCO-MOR -PACK at Eric Moore Road, Surulere, Lagos of which she had to call on the department driver; Mr. Samson to go deliver the remaining ones. Thereafter, she thanked me for properly dispatching her documents and afterwards started asking how I came across the transfer forms, I then informed her that it belonged to Mr. Abimbola and she collected the copies with others. We were still talking when Mrs. Mojisola called and instructed me to report to IBG Head Office at No.35 Marina Lagos and I did though after collecting N500 for transport claim from Mrs. Kelechi.

I got to IBG department at First Bank Head Office Marina around 3:30pm but had to wait till 6.00pm as the Secretary; Mrs. FELICIA informed me that they were in a meeting. Not long after that, Mr. Abimbola emerged from IBG Board Room and to my utmost surprise took me aside and asked about the transfer Forms. After my explanation on how I submitted them that morning, he then told me that: I SHOULD JUST ADMIT SUBMITTING THE (4) FUND TRANSFER FORMS IN ERROR IF I WERE TO BE QUESTIONED ABOUT IT BY ANY ONE. When I requested to know what was amiss with the transfer Forms, he requested me not to ask any questions but “Just Admit submitting the forms in error and all will be well”.

I therefore sensed something was fishy in the manner Abimbola was urging me to make a blanket admission, so I insisted that I would explain the whole facts about the transfer forms to anyone who asks me about the issue. But alas Abimbola became visibly angry due to my stance.

While we were still discussing, Mrs. Mojisola emerged from one of the offices and came to us. After talking with Mr. Abimbola in low tone, she asked me to go and wait at the SECURITY DEPARTMENT. Shortly afterwards, she came in and also attempted persuading me to admit submitting the transfer forms in error if questioned by anyone about them.

On that note, I had to request both of them at the presence of the Head of Security to Kindly explain to me what was actually going on with those forms, but Mrs. Mojisola instead of answering me got enraged as she felt I was delaying their time but just then, the Head of SECURITY DEPARTMENT had to intervene by trying to calm her down. At this juncture, I was ordered to sit farther from them in same room while the duo spoke in low conspiratorial tones as I kept wondering what the fuse was all about.

Surprisingly, i was never questioned by any other senior staff nor our group-head and his secretary at the Head Office till the close of business that day.

At about 7:30pm, Abimbola and Mojisola departed, leaving me with the security men who then asked me to make a statement on the issue. It was just then at the Security Department that i learnt that a fraud of about N355million was perpetrated with the 4 transfer forms.

Later that same night, the BAR-HEADED-MAN who is the head of Security men handed me over to another security man called Mr. ABIDEMI, who finally smuggled me downstairs and thereafter to THE LION BUILDING POLICE STATION where I slept that night.

=========================

What will happen at the Police Station?

Omeli Humphrey Darlington can however be reached on = 08035280465

Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:00pm On May 13, 2019
SCAPE-GOATING OF A COMMON MAN OVER N355 MILLION FRAUD BY FIRST BANK (PART 2)

In the evening of the 3rd day of my detention, being Friday 27th September, 2013, the IPO (ELEGBEDE) brought me out from the cell and told me to call on someone to take me on bail since FIRSTBANK did not allow the police to investigate the case, that there was no justification for my continued detention. At this juncture, I called three of my people but due to the magnitude of the case, they were reluctant and scared of coming except one, Mr. CLETUS OKORIE who later came very late. My IPO had to phone the Security man (Mr. ABIDEMI) who brought me to the station to come. He then persuaded him to sign my BAIL BOND even without any charges as he said he never intends keeping me in the cell over the weekend.

The said FIRST BANK Security personnel (Mr. ABIDEMI) came alone and signed my Bail Bond before my release. As I was collecting my personal belonging with the police, Mr. ABIDEMI pleaded with the IPO to retain my BLACKBERRY BOLD5 PHONE till the coming Monday so that I could come for it if there was no matter-arising that requires my attention, a request which my IPO obliged. While handing over the rest of my belongings including my NOKIA3310 phone, the IPO asked if I had enough money to take me home, that its better I beg at the station than the BUS-STOP. However, after collecting my belongings. I thanked the IPO and his colleagues and finally left the station.

On my way out the station, Mr. Abidemi ran after me not too far away from the station and pleaded that I wait behind with him while he inform his superiors about him signing my bail bond at the station to avoid him losing his job, a request which I innocently obliged. Poor innocent me! We were still there while he kept speaking in low tone on the phone.

After a while, a FIRSTBANK Security Van approached us, apart from the driver who is A SPY POLICE OFFICER, it had two other occupants which included one ARMED MOBILE POLICE OFFICER (MOPOL MAN), and Mr. OKON all from Security Department. Mr. ABIDEMI requested that I join them in the van to Head Office to show truly I had been released from where I would make my way home. Unsuspectingly, I entered the Van and just then, my Uncle, Mr. CLETUS arrived the station and I felt that all was well and asked him not to worry about me any longer.
As the Van started moving, surprisingly, it negotiated a bend and headed towards Obalende . I became tensed as it was already dark and the men were making intermittent strange calls.

I demanded to know where they were taking me to, but they did not reply. I became really anxious and tried to phone my relations, immediately, one of the men (Mr. OKON) forcefully seized my phone and said to me: ‘’Hey! that was not the right time for a phone call boy”. At this juncture, I became really apprehensive and panicky, fearing for the worst.

Out of great fear, I started shouting and making frantic effort to attract the attention of passers-by. Mr. ABIDEMI kept threatening to blow my face with the can of TEARGAS on his hand. The men began hitting me with their FISTS and any object within reach. The MOPOL hit me on the HEAD severally with the BUTT of his GUN until blood started gushing out of my EARS as I kept grabbing everything that my hands could touch since I could no longer see with my eyes.

In a last gritty effort, I managed to lunge forward and grabbed the Van keys. The Van stopped and I insisted that they must tell me where they were taking me to and allow me inform my people. However, the incident caused heavy traffic which now attracted other road users including one of them who took interest in my case due to my occasional screams in Igbo language. He then insisted in knowing the location I was to be taken to.

It was at this point that (Mr. ABIDEMI) got authorization via phone call from their ‘OGAS AT THE TOP’ at First Bank to take me to the nearest POLICE STATION around. Mr. ABIDEMI then told me and other road users who intervened that they were taking me to IKOYI POLICE STATION and finally released my phone to enable me call my people as requested after which I then released their Van Keys. However, amongst the road users that were attracted to the scene (the one that took attention of me due to my occasional screams in Igbo language decided to go with us). I later got to know him as Mr. CHUKS IKEDIGWE who kept visiting me at the station and later became my close friend.

The group made a turn and took me to IKOYI POLICE STATION but when we got there, it was apparent that the POLICE were not aware of the case. However, The IKOYI POLICE OFFICERS proceeded to torture me that night based on the report made by the First Bank Security Officials that I was a FRAUDSTER and a CRIMINAL who defrauded the bank of N355 million.
The Ikoyi Police Officers tortured me by using iron rods to beat me at my joints. Iron was inserted into my private parts until i could no longer bear the pains and fainted. After torturing me, they dumped me in the cell all through the weekend in the pool of my blood. I was revived by other people who were remanded in the cell. It’s until the early morning of Monday 30th September, 2013 that they brought me out from cell upon the arrival of Mr. Abimbola.

After going through the four (4) transfer forms that Abimbola came with and also listening to both parties (I and Abimbola), the new IPO (MR. BASHIRU) whom the case was now assigned to at IKOYI POLICE STATION apologized to me for all the TORTURE I was subjected to. He then promised to carry out a transparent Investigation to unveil the perpetrators of the crime with all information contained in the four (4) transfer forms. On hearing this, Mr. Abimbola again interrupted him and insisted that I should be made to admit to the crime. That the IPO should not bother about any investigation since I had been captured already, that I should just be HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FRAUD. That he should treat the case as a situation of a lowly paid staff trying to hit it big overnight. Once again, I was returned to the cell while the duo discussed.

When Mr. Abimbola left the station, The POLICE took me to my residence from IKOYI in hand-cuffs like a common criminal down to Okokomaiko where I was made to walk through my streets with hand-cuffs down to my house at No.2 Anjorin close, due to bad road for vehicular movements.

When we got to my house, they searched and ransacked my apartment without finding anything incriminating. After the search, the Ikoyi Police prepared a report exonerating me of any complicity in the fraud. The Police caused (Mr. OKON), from First Bank Security Department who went with us to jointly sign this report with me. This report is in the possession of the IPO and DPO of Ikoyi Police Station as I was not given a copy.

I was later taken back to the Station and detained till Friday 4th October, 2013 on the order of the ‘’THE ALMIGHTY FIRST BANK” despite the absence of any evidence linking me to the FRAUD.

On Friday 04/10/2013, The IPO told me that he would arraign me at Tinubu Magistrate Court. Therefore, that i should get a lawyer to take me on bail so that i may go home since all effort to get ‘First Bank’ to cooperate with the police to enable them investigate the matter further proved abortive. That he would not want First Bank to accuse him of releasing a suspect brought to them without their consent. Thus, while he cannot allow me to be taken on bail without recourse to the law court.

That same day, i was arraigned at the Magistrate Court 2, Tinubu, Lagos - before Mrs. A.T. Omoyele (Senior Magistrate II) on a three(3) count charge of ‘Conspiracy, Stealing and Forgery’ of which I pleaded not guilty to. It was (Mr. Ikedigwe Chuks) from the kidnapping scene who came there that morning and had to provide me with a lawyer that represented me.

The court imposed onerous bail terms due to the high amount that my oppressors alleged that I stole. I could not perfect my Bail until ‘18th November, 2013 and had to be remanded at IKOYI PRISONS all through the period till I finish disposing my properties just to meet my bail conditions.

After regaining my freedom, I decided to visit LION BUILDING POLICE to see my IPO and also collect my BLACKBERRY BOLD5 Phone that I was made to deposit the last time. When I got to the station, the IPO couldn’t even recognize me again because I have emaciated so much. It was even his colleague that reminded him who I was after my attempts to make him recall who I was proved abortive. He then proceeded to enquire why I didn’t come back again to collect my phone. He proceeded further to friendly ask: if It was because I didn’t want to ‘’settle him?’’. We burst into a lengthy laughter due to the question. I must confess that that was the first time I was laughing since my ordeal started (truly, laughter can be quite relieving). But alas! That is not what I needed at the material time. What is the essence of laughter to a man who is not even sure where his next meal will come from?

Well! I then told him what transpired immediately I left the station on the day he granted me bail. It was at that point that he screamed and asked rhetorical ‘’SO THESE PEOPLE STILL GOT SOMEONE TO DO THAT DIRTY DEAL FOR THEM?’’ Now when I look back, I am full of regrets. How I wish I had probed him further to know what he meant by that statement. He might not tell me but at least my mind would have been at peace with me that at least I asked.

How I wish I can turn back the hands of clock. But off course, the did is done as IPO ELEGBEDE is no longer alive. He died under mysteriously circumstances later that year as I was made to understand. He was a good man and had a pure heart (wonder why the good ones succumb so easily?).

Same week, I decided to "comb" for the last Kobo in my salary account in my bank branch but immediately Mr. Abimbola saw me in the banking hall, he ran towards me, held my shirt and shredded it. He then invited the security personnel and asks them to arrest and take me away and to make sure i never set my foot in the bank premises again. It took the intervention of other Senior Managers in the bank for me to be freed after which one (Miss Uche) in the IBG department who was not around during the fraud saga gave me the sum of N1000 to get new clothes and equally advised that i stay off the branch since i now know that i have an enemy. An advice I reluctantly took in good faith.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:05pm On May 13, 2019
SCAPE-GOATING OF A COMMON MAN OVER N355 MILLION FRAUD BY FIRST BANK (PART 3)

After my release, I kept going to the court but they kept adjourning the case till 24th February, 2014 when the case was struck out for WANT OF DILIGENT PROSECUTION as those who accused me never showed up at the court to prove the allegations made against me.

It’s a fact that I was happy that the suit was struck out but the gospel truth is that I become a sad man as there was nothing left of my spirit. Yes! My spirit was weakened if not destroyed. Everything around me seemed blank and there was absolutely nothing to look forward to. Everything seemed to be against me. In fact, life became meaningless to me. Friends left, debt piled up, i became an object of gossip and caricature in my neigbourhood because most people believed that I must be a criminal to have been brought to the hood in hand-cuffs by uniform Police Officers. This experience was such a huge one in my life as it caused me so much hardship even after my return from the prison yard.

I had to drop-out from the Work-Study (HND PROGRAM) which i was running with the Ibadan Polytechnic, as i was in detention at the instigation of First Bank on 18th October, 2013 when 2nd Semester examination started and have not been able to raise enough fund to enable me return till date. I had to relocate to squat with friends especially since it was very impossible for me to raise money to pay my rents.

Off course, with the suit struck out, it was then the best time to visit my employer. Yes! I needed to go there on a clean slate. Unfortunately or fortunately, I was given a sack letter by my employer Sandy Management Consultants.

My sack was a Sweet Bitter or do I say Bitter Sweet experience? Sweet because my company confirmed that they are aware that I didn’t commit the crime I am accused of. Off course, I was very excited that there are people who believed my innocence. The head of HR even said that they would have been the ones that would have prosecuted me if I actually committed the crime. But they are in the know that I didn’t.

It was however a Bitter experience because the company despite knowing the truth is equally joining my tormentors to bind and cast me to the Philistines. I had expected my employer to have shown the humane side of life especially since they know the truth but alas! It seems that nothing works for me any longer.

Well! The excuse My MD gave is that First Bank does not need my services any longer and that he didn’t have any where else to assign me to as the company was only servicing First Bank at that material time. I was still about to make a case or do I say speak out on why he should at least give me a job (any job at all) in the office if First Bank does not need my services again at least to enable me earn something in the interim. But just then the "unseen tiny little voice" asked me to look at him eye ball to eye ball. Thereafter, I didn’t need a soothsayer to tell me what the main issue is. Yes! You heard me right! It’s the fear of the unknown. Yes! Fear of empowering me. Yes! It’s the fear that I will be able to fight back if empowered with a job. Or which company in it's right senses without been threatened or controlled behind the scenes will sack a staff she just confessed she is aware didn’t commit the crime he is accused of and still do not want to pay him for the several months he was in prison for committing no crime at the instigation of the firm he was deployed to?

Off course, it didn’t take me long to understand that this game is getting more dangerous.

Well! Who would blame him? Who knows the threat or conditions First Bank must have given to him if he dares to empower me with a job that will enable me fight back? Off course, I understand perfectly he is a business man and as a business man self preservation comes first. That a man I have always seen as a father could be so mean even with the knowledge of my innocence made me cry like I have never cried before. That none of my co-workers especially the management staff who we have all bonded like a family from the outset could convince him to abandon this evil route he was taking left me speechless. The nasty experience from my employer Sandy Management Consultants and how my case with them at the National Industrial Court went is a story for another day.

While this grueling experience lasted, i became seriously sick. My ears began to Ooze with Pus due to infections arising from internal ear injuries caused by the beatings given to me by the security operatives. However, the situation worsened because; as i did not have the kind of funds that will enable me seek proper medical attention in an ENT Specialist Hospital as recommended by the Lagos State General Hospital (ODAN), LAGOS Island on the 20th February, 2015 when I visited to seek medical attention. However, the Hospital only gave me partial treatment according to the little payment I could afford; hence i resorted to local medications.

I suffered humiliation everywhere i turned to for help or seek for job as any attempt to refer to my former place of work usually got negative responses and people now see me as a fraudster. From my colleagues at the bank down to my residence. The notion that there was no proper trial or investigation to clear me of the allegations became their tool of blackmail and character assassination.

After a very long and tedious search, I was finally directed to a Lawyer by CHUKS IKEDIGWE who agreed to sue First Bank on my behalf. The lawyer however believed that there may be no reason to go to court if only the bank will be willing to do the needful to compensate for the injustice melted out on me. He then decided that we should write to the GMD/CEO of First Bank who he said was a gentle man (or so he thought) and will do justice to my case and save us the agony of extended legal battle for a crime that even the blind can see I am innocent of.

Our letter to the GMD/CEO was dated 20th April, 2015. It detailed what transpired from the outset to date. Our demands were simple and easy to meet. We demanded that First Bank should take the necessary action to get me back to school to complete my study, compensated me handsomely for the injustice I have suffered and then tender an unreserved apology to me on 2 National Daily Newspapers.

We were hopeful that at least a favourable reply that will ensure justice will come from First Bank especially since the letter was addressed to their GMD/CEO who we all believed was a perfect gentle man that will not harbour injustice (at least based on the report from my lawyer). We looked forward to an amicable settlement of the issue that can make us shake hands once again as a family that we used to be. But alas! That was never to be. It was after several weeks later that we heard from the bank. The Bank's reply which I will reproduce verbatim and equally attach the document was dated June 25, 2015 and signed by MUHAMMED BASHIR ALIYU on behalf of the Head Legal Services of the bank.

June 25, 2015

METROLAW ASSOCIATES

ARAROMI HOUSE

GROUND FLOOR, SIDE FLAT

NO. 28 MOLONEY STREET

ONIKAN, LAGOS

Dear Sir,

RE: COMPLAINT OF N355 MILLION NAIRA FRAUD AT FIRST BANK IGANMU BRANCH (IBG) AND THE SCAPE-GOATING OF MR. OMELI HUMPHREY DARLINGTON IN A COVER-UP BID BY FIRST BANK MANAGEMENT

Your letter dated 20th of April 2015 to our GMD/CEO on the above subject has been referred to us for appropriate attention. We thank you for the letter and confirm we have carried out an investigation into the matter.

We hereby respond as follows based on our findings:

(1) Your client Mr. Omeli Humphrey was an employee of Sandy Management Consultants Ltd who was deployed to our Iganmu Branch as a dispatch rider.

(2) On the 25th day of September 2015 (sic), your client submitted four funds transfer instructions for transfer of the total of N355 million from the account of one of the Bank’s customers into four accounts domiciled in other banks. The transfer instructions however turned out to be forged as it confirmed that they never emanated from the said customer. Indeed, on further scrutiny, it was discovered that the signatures of the authorizing account officer on the transfer instructions presented by your client to the bank for acknowledgement and processing was also forged.

(3) Your client confirmed that the transfer forms were not issued to him by any officer of the Bank neither was he authorized to submit them for processing as same was not within the scope of his duties. When questioned as to the source of the documents, your Client was unable to provide a tenable response; neither was he able to produce the acknowledged copies of the fund transfer documents he submitted nor provide information as to the whereabouts of the acknowledged documents.

(4) As the incident bordered on criminality, the Bank as a law abiding citizen, has a duty to report it to the appropriate authority for investigation. Thereafter, it is the prerogative of the Polic, based on its findings, to charge your client to court. Evidently, its findings were germane and grave enough to support the decision to charge your client to court for conspiracy, attempt to steal and forgery.

(5) We are not in the position to comment on the alleged interactions, if any, between your Client and the Police as reported in your letter as the Bank was not privy to same. Furthermore, we stoutly refute your claim that the premature termination of the case for want of diligent prosecution by the police was due to the Bank’s alleged refusal to present any evidence. It is baseless an grossly misleading, more so as the court’s ruling attached to your letter is quite apt on the reason for striking out the case. It is pertinent to point that the case was not determined on the merit as your client was not exonerated of any of the allegations made against him in the charge sheet.

In the light of the above, we advise that we are unable to accede to any of the request (sic) stated in your letter under reference as neither the Bank nor any of its officers have wronged your client in anyway. The Bank cannot be held liable for acts allegedly perpetrated by the Police in the exercise of their duties as the Nigerian Police Force is not under the employ of the Bank.

We advise that you counsel your client to channel his demands and grievances to the Nigerian Police Force for appropriate action and or remedy.

Accept our warm professional regards.

Yours faithfully,

MUHAMMED BASHIR ALIYU

FOR: HEAD LEGAL SERVICES.

***Crying again**** When the letter came I just couldn’t believe it. In fact it was the saddest day of my life. The pain that the letter brought to me was like a dagger pierced through my heart from the back. I cried, wept, sobered. ‘’Why me?’’ I questioned God’’. It’s at this point that it became obvious to me that the forces I was up against was mightier and deadly than I had thought. It’s at this time that it dawned on me that I underestimated the battle that I was into. ‘’God why allow such a battle for a little me?’’ I questioned God. How a koboless nobody like me can stand a chance before a deadly ‘’Corporation’’ like the Almighty First Bank that prides itself as even the oldest of the old generation banks in the country, how I can withstand a corporation that is determined to destroy me were what occupied my mind and thinking for several days and nights.

Well! Inspite of that bad situation I was still grateful for the privilege to be alive. Yes! I still used opportunity to offer personal thanksgiving to God that at least THESE PEOPLE DIDN’T WASTE ME DURING THE KIDNAP SAGA. The fears that I could have been wasted and First Bank will deny knowledge of me left me dancing in thanksgiving to God.

**I wish I could analyse the several loopholes in the Bank’s letter but for the want of time, let me leave you to make the deductions**

Finally, it became obvious to us that the only option left was recourse to the law court.
=============

Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:12pm On May 13, 2019
SCAPE-GOATING OF A COMMON MAN OVER N355 MILLION FRAUD BY FIRST BANK (PART 4)

Wait! Did I call my experience with my employer Sandy Management Consultants Ltd as been nasty? Well! Calling it just nasty is definitely been charitable with words. The experience was worst than nasty. My employer treated me without mercy. Yes! As if it wasn’t a woman that gave birth to me and as if she didn’t carry me for 9 months. In fact, I can never think of treating even an enemy in such a manner. To further confirm that they (my employer) allowed themselves to be manipulated by First Bank then you need to read by sack letter. I will again reproduce it verbatim and also attach. It is dated December 04, 2013 and signed by an unnamed Executive Director.

December 04, 2013

Mr. Omeli Humphrey Darlington
No.1 J.M.J Quarters, Illaje Alley
Olodi Apapa,
Lagos

Dear Mr. Omeli

RE: TERMINATION OF APPOINTMENT

We refer to your letter of appointment of January 12th 2010 and regret to inform you that we no longer require your services with effect from December 04, 2013.

You are requested to handover all company’s property in your possession.

Your entitlements as well as overtime and weekend allowance if any will be credited to your bank account.

You may wish to approach Premium Pension Limited, your Pension Fund Administrator for information on your Retirement Savings Account.

Yours faithfully
For: Sandy Management Consultants Ltd

Executive Director
======================

As at last count, I have read that letter over a thousand times and I still do not know the reason I was dismissed. The letter was silent on almost all the vital information. There was no mention of the N355million fraud. My major take away from the letter is that my fate was already sealed even without hearing from me. Without me been present, these people have gone ahead to shave my head. They couldn’t even pretend to be seen as giving me fair hearing before the sack. At this juncture, it became clearer to me that if I had been wasted during the kidnap saga that my employer would have treated it has a case of a ‘nut falling into the River’’

With no other option left for meditation, it was finally time for the court to decide

With filling court process being the only option left to us, my lawyer (God Bless him. Him na young man wey sabi him onion) as we will say in local parlance.He completed work on the suit days later. It was finally filed on the 6th day of July 2015 in Igbosere High Court of Lagos with the following persons and entities as the RESPONDENTS respectively:

(1) First Bank of Nigeria Limited

(2) Mr. Abimbola Jaiyesimi (R/ship Manager, (First Bank IBG Iganmu team)

(3) Mrs. Mojisola Majasan (Business Manager, (First Bank IBG Iganmu team)

(4) Mr. Okon (Internal Security Officer at First Bank Head Office)

(5) Mr. Abidemi (Internal Security Officer first Bank Head Office)

(6) I.P.O Mr. Elegbede of Lion Bldg Police Station

(7) D.P.O of Lion Building Police Station

(cool I.P.O Inspector Adeleye Bashiru of Ikoyi Police Station

(9) D.P.O of Ikoyi Police Station

(10) Commissioner of Police, Lagos State

(11) Inspector General of Police.

As expected we are asking the Court for the following:-

(a) A DECLARATION that the detention of the Applicant at Lion Building Police Station, Lagos, from 25th September 2013 to 27th September 2013 (a period of three days) by the 6th and 7thRespondents at the instigation of the 1st – 5th Respondents amounts to a breach of the Applicants right to personal liberty as enshrined in section 35(1) & (5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

(b) A DECLARATION that the further detention of the Applicant at Ikoyi Police Station, Lagos State, from the night of the 27th of September 2013 to the 4th of October 2013 (a further period of eight days) by the 8th and 9th Respondents at the Instigation of the 1st – 5th Respondents amounts to a breach of the Applicant’s right to personal liberty as enshrined in section 35(1) & (5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

(c) A DECLARATION that the assault on the Applicant by the 4th and 5th Respondents in conjunction with a mobile police officer (MOPOL) attached to the 1st respondent’s head office, to wit: by beating the Applicant with their fists and hitting him severally with the butt of the MOPOL gun until the Applicant began to bleed from his ears, all in a bid to forcefully subdue and unlawfully re-arrest him, shortly after he was released by the Lion building Police station at about 7pm of Friday the 27th of September 2013, amounts to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment and therefore a violation of the Applicant’s right to dignity of his person as enshrined in section 34 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

(d) A DECLARATION that the assault on the Applicant by the Police officers from Ikoyi Police station, to wit: by hitting the Applicant with iron rods on all his joints and head on the night of 27th September, 2013 at the instigation of the 1st – 5th Respondents amounts to torture or torture or inhuman or degrading treatment and therefore a violation of the Applicant’s right to dignity of his person as enshrined in section 34 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

(e) AN ORDER compelling the Respondents jointly and/or severally to tender a written apology to the Applicant, published on a full page of any two (2) Newspapers with national coverage with copies of the said newspapers, within 7 days from the date of the delivery of judgment in this matter in line with section 35(6) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) for the violation of the Applicant’s right to personal liberty.

(f) COMPENSATION to the Applicant in the sum of N40,000,000.00 (Forty Million Naira only) as penal and aggravated damages against the Respondents jointly and/or severally for the gross and acute violation of the Applicant’s fundamental rights.

Guess what? To confirm our doubts beyond every reasonable doubt, the 1 – 5 respondents were represented by same law firm. Off course, one needn’t need a soothsayer to tell that the legal representation was funded by the first respondent. However, 6th – 11th remained unrepresented throughout the trial even though they were all duly served.

The judgment unexpectedly came faster than expected (sic). In a landmark judgment delivered on the 1st of February, 2016, JUSTICE ANIMAHUN of the Igbosere High court held the 2nd (Abimbola) and 3rd (Mojisola) respondents liable of the crime referring them as ACTOR & ACTRESS respectively and awarded damages of N17,700,000.00 (Seventeen Million Seven Hundred Thousand Naira Only) against the duo and another N500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira Only) against the Nigerian Police Force.

The judge who was visibly angry while delivering judgment raised so many questions begging for answers. He wondered why those two never spear headed any form of investigation into the fraud since their signatures were on those transfer forms. He equally said that those two security officers were acting on instructions from above.

To me, leaving out the First Bank Plc and punishing her foot soldiers was more like punishing the crayfishes and other small fishes and leaving the Whales and the Sharks to continue with their evils. I am not accusing anyone of wrong doing but I still can’tfathom why the learned Judge will just allow the Principal to go scot free. Not even a slap in wrist?

One of the shortcomings of the Judgment is that the Judge failed to decree that the Judgment debt should attract interest until it's liquidate. This loophole is what my tormentors are taking advantage of by employing all kinds of tactics just to make sure that this judgment is not honored till date because they assume that even if they are able to delay the payment to several more years that they will only pay the capital.

I am not a lawyer but my elementary study of the law course known as AGENCY BY ESTOPPLE makes it as a general rule that in situations like this, ‘the defendant will be estopped from denying that the third party is its agent’’. But what do I know? The learned Judge seems to have based his argument on the fact that I was not interviewed by any other senior staff of the bank on the day that the fraud allegation started in the bank’s head office and that the bank would have been the beneficiary if the fraud were properly investigated. This argument then seemed defeated by the letter from the bank which claimed that the bank had done her own investigation and absorbed her staff of any responsibility.

Off course, the Judgment brought us joy even though the excitement was not balanced. Yes! Not balanced in the sense that it became obvious to us that the first respondent may have used her ability to pull behind the scenes strings to absorb herself of liability and thus will definitely use her connections to continue to shield the 2nd and 3rd respondents from answering for their crimes and while on her own claiming to be innocent of the crime.

I have written several complaints to the Newspaper houses and petitioned various law enforcement agents like the (EFCC, ICPC, & NIG. POLICE) because I am desirous of clearing my name from the accusations for future purposes.

However, in an UNANIMOUS JUDGMENT delivered by a 3-man panel of The Appeal Court of Lagos on the 4th of December, 2017 by Justices Anthony.U. Ugaukwu, Joseph S.Ikyegh and Abimbola .O. Obaseki-Adejumo. The learned Justices did not only dismiss the appeal for lacking in merit but equally awarded N100,000.00 cost against the appellants. The lead Judgment was read by Justice Anthony O. Ugakwu.

After the Appeal Court Judgment, my tormentors in their usual determination to see my end rather than do the needful served us notice of intention of Appeal to the Supreme Court and thereafter literally went to sleep. Yes! You heard me right. They practically went to sleep rather than file their grounds of appeal before the Supreme Court.
=============================
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:16pm On May 13, 2019
SCAPE-GOATING OF A COMMON MAN OVER N355 MILLION FRAUD BY FIRST BANK (PART 5 – The Concluding Part)

Needing money to CROSS APPEAL parts of the High Court judgment which I wasn’t comfortable with, especially the part that didn’t take into cognizance the criminal role that First Bank as an institution has played and continues to play in the whole saga, I remembered I had a judgment debt of N500,000.00 against the Nigeria Police Force courtesy of the Lagos High Court Judgment. However. My attempts to get this money has seen me writing to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police after which i was directed to go to the IG of police. I managed to go to Abuja where i went to the famous BREKETE FAMILY Radio Station who then took me to Force Head quarters where my case was assigned to the then SP NWAFOR, IG monitoring group.The last Magistrate that handled Magistrate Court 2 on her own insisted on a Consent Letter from ATTONEY GENERAL OF FEDERATION (AGF) before progress can be made.

I have written several letters to the AGF on the issue without any positive outcome. I also personally raised money and traveled to Abuja for same purpose but fortunately the AGF's secretary (Mr. Bala) who I met told me that they no longer give such letter. Thus, this prompted the withdrawal of the proceeding in spite of the resource that has gone into it.

The implication of the non issuance of Consent Letter again by the AGF and others means that citizens will NOT be able to get any money awarded to them by the Courts. This will definitely affect everyone. This means that after spending resources to fight for your right that someone will use the system to deprive you of the fruits of your labour. Truly, this is a recipe for anarchy. It will further encourage the wicked to continue in their crime knowing that one will only end up frustrated after spending so much to ensure justice. Could this be why there is so much injustice in the system? If there are truly human right lawyers in the country, this is obviously the time for them to rise to the occasion.

Wait! Did I forget anything? Yes! As you would have noticed as far back as 27th October, 2015 we petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). In the Petition titled ‘’PETITION IN RESPECT OF N355 MILLION FRAUD PERPETRATED BY SENIOR STAFF OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA LTD AT IGANMU BRANCH AND THE SCAPE-GOATING OF MR. OMELI HUMPHREY DARLINGTON (A DISPATCH RIDER) IN A GRAND COVER-UP BID BY FIRST BANK MANAGEMENT’’ and was received on 30th October, 2015. However, due to obvious ‘’Nigerian factors’’ the petition did not fly.

Failure of the Commission to treat the petition with the urgency it required ensured that we couldn’t proceed with the criminal case of DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER that we had wanted to pursue against the culprits. This stem from the fact that the charges for Defamation of Character suit must be initiated and filed within 3 years of the crime taking place.

The Dilemma now is that even the case of MALICIOUS PROSECUTION just has about 5 months (from now to September, 2019) to lapse as that will make it the maximum 6 years allowed by law to initiate and file the charges as the crime was committed 6 years ago. Note that the case of Malicious Prosecution can’t be initiated until there is a report by EFCC or other similar bodies.

I must confess that it’s only by the special grace of the Almighty that I have survived the last 6 years. I decided to tell my story because it’s becoming very obvious to me that I may not make it (God forbid). My tormentors are devising every means to ‘’eliminate me’’ as it seems that that is the only way they can win these battles.

All they need to make that possible now is to ensure that I am eliminated and then the case will die a natural death. This must have been the reason they have failed to file their grounds of appeal at the Supreme Court for the last 16 months. What this tells me is that they have no ground or basis for the appeal. Well! Off course, I understand that having no ground of appeal and having the sophisticated means to eliminate me are 2 different things.

These ‘’sophisticated attempts’’ keeps coming in different means that one in spite of been very careful can still carve in. In the last 16 months, I have had several encounters of unsolicited offers of mouth watering business proposal where I have to do practically nothing but to just agree to 'join the train'. The truth is that I am not ignorant of the length these people can go to achieve their aims. So, I politely turn down such offers as soon as they arise. However, if the elimination targets of these people are even limited to physical attempts, then I would have still thanked God. But it is taking what I can call “”Spiritual Attack Dimensions’’.

As if that is not enough, we recently got a reliable report that that First Bank has already concluded arrangement to employ the services of a SAN (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) for the culprits to see how they can ‘manipulate’’ the system and not pay the Judgment debt in spite of failing to file their grounds before the time allowed by law.. The only thing that gives hope now is that Falana & Falana Chambers (God Bless them) also a SAN recently filed a motion before the Supreme Court asking the Apex Court to struck out the Notice of Appeal filed by the culprits for lacking in merit.

In my attempts to put the public on notice of what I am passing through, I have visited different media houses and had meetings with journalists who agreed to cover the story but will somehow develop cold feet after promising to visit First Bank for detailed investigation. This persisted until Sahara Reporters (God Bless them) did a report on the story few weeks ago.

Link to Sahara Reporters Story: http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/20/how-dispatch-rider-was-imprisoned-and-tortured-n355m-fraud-committed-first-bank-and-olam

It’s at that point that we concluded that it is now the right time for me to tell my history. Yes! I have always wanted the Professionals to tell the story on my behalf, unfortunately necessity has determined that I do it now. Remember ‘’Say I Never Finish School’’. So pardon my errors.

My take away from the Sahara Reporters story is that even Mrs. KELECHI OGBUEYI who collected the photocopy of the transfer forms from me on the 25th of September, 2013 when this battle started now feigns Ignorance of me. Wow! This world is truly deep!

I don’t think that the richest man in the world can buy or pay for the harms that First Bank and her foot soldiers have caused me in this life. They have made life miserable for me. They have sent me to hell even though am back. They have made lifeless meaningless for me and they have also conspired to deny me my future plans and ambitions. When people hear my story and say that I have truly suffered, I always tell them that they hear me recount as suffering is even the supporting part of the suffer. The real suffer is in my prison experience. I mean what I went through from Lion Building Police Station till I left Ikoyi Prisons after perfecting my bail conditions. Well! that experience which I refer to as the ‘’real suffering experience’’ is a story for another day.

It’s painful that while First Bank and her foot soldiers are working and earning fat income and salaries respectively for the last 6 years, I can barely feed myself.

While these entities (First Bank and her foot soldiers) are improving their life by going for training, seminars and going for one course or the other, I am yet obtain even a minimum university degree.

While they are training their staff and kids respectively to become better persons, I am still single even at my mid-thirty.

While they are helping and assisting their family in various ways, I can only be grateful that my own family has not disowned me yet. And can I blame them if they disown me when I have practically become ‘’useless’’ to them since this travails started?

Before I finally drop my pen, it’s important you understand that although a lot has been said and yet a lot remains unsaid.

I must state that I do not understand why First Bank is hell bent on shielding the Culprits from Prosecution by using her connections and her behind the scenes strings pulling prowess to ensure that they frustrate every attempts to make them pay for their crimes.

The truth is that I don’t have an Abraham for a father; neither do I have an Uncle called Dangote. I don’t have an Adeleke as a brother and I don’t have a relation that is connected that can help me to fight these battles or ensure justice. The only 2 entities that I have are my God and the Public (You). Therefore, I use this opportunity to plead that you use your good offices to ensure that justice is done in this case whether I live or not. Please kindly ensure that justice and not tears is done on this case.

Thanks

Omeli Humphrey Darlington can be reached: 08035280465
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 9:45pm On May 13, 2019
Please let's help Mr. Darlington Omeli to find justice to this man's inhumanity treatment that first Bank and her staff has subjected the young man to.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by debetmx(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2019
Please push to front page.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
The struggle for justice for Mr. Darlington Humphrey Omeli continues as First Bank continues to deny the victim justice.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by PHijo(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Terrible!
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by chosen04(f): 1:35am On Jan 31, 2020
Justice4OmeliHumphreyDarlington
Re: The Untold Story Of The Criminals In First Bank Plc by Jabioro: 6:02am On Jan 31, 2020
I read the story here around 2013..I thought the case might have been resolved.For God sake Darlington was an ordinary dispatch rider,who take instructions from his many bosses,For God sake this guy was never a signatory to any form,or documents eminating from him or he operated any system.He was just an errand boy.For God sake the fraud of 355m naira was not perparated on cash..it was a transfer..to which account..many questions are begging for answers here.. released him abeg or charge ..what is error..the errors should be directed to his boss.

(1) (Reply)

How To Retrieve Your NIN -national Identity Number / Bet9ja Zoom Master Prediction. Check Free Games Posted In The Telegram For Proof / Buy Or Order Ya Life Jackets Hiaaa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.