Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Bathing With Hot Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing With Hot Water (5166 Views)

Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 6:43am On Sep 23, 2010
Is hot water good for the skin? Of recent the weather is becoming cold and I am using hot water to have my bath but I notice that I am beginning to have wrinkles on my forehead and under my eyes. Is it the effect of the hot water?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bathing With Hot Water by naijadiva2(f): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2010
i dont thnk that would cause wrinkling. But u shouldn't in bathe in extremely hot water.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by denzel2009: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
No its not the hot water,you're getting old tongue
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2010
denzel2009:

No its not the hot water,you're getting old tongue

Won't we all. It is better to age gracefully.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by Sissy3(f): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2010
it could dry out your skin if you use it continuously. because it will remove the natural moisture and oil. and if you stay in longer and use harsh soap

how about warm/luke water?
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2010
Exactly what I'm thinking. Cause of recent I am noticing wrinkles that were never there and I realize that I am using hot water of late.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by yjay(f): 12:53am On Sep 25, 2010
@poster, i personally think its not advisable especially if its too hot like someone suggested lukewarm is preferable & i think it cld cause wrinkly of the skin since hot water does strip the skin of moisture which leads to dryness which cld lead to wrinkles, on days when im really cold i definitely mix with a lil hot water but i certainly dont make a habit of it,
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by tjskii(f): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2010
i use very hot water,i mean steaming,i leave the bathroom mirrors all fogged up,me mum is always like this pikin are u trying to remove chicken feathers with wateer this hot grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2010
Bathing with hot water is bad for the body. I noticed a change after bathing with lukewarm water just these past two days.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2010
I have been taking bath with hot water for ages and I don't have any wrinkles.

age is knocking darling grin
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by Sissy3(f): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2010
^^^^^

doesn't have to be "wrinkles". dry skin is the main issue. that you dont see it now (dry skin) doesnt mean it would come knocking later. esp if its something you continuously use.

sophy, i think maybe your skin is dry and with dry skin every little line/wrinkles will seem more pronounce.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by MissyB3(f): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2010
tjskii:

i use very hot water,i mean steaming,i leave the bathroom mirrors all fogged up,me mum is always like this pikin are u trying to remove chicken feathers with wateer this hot grin grin
Likewise. If the water isn't hot . . . I don't use it. grin
I even do the dishes with HOT water even though I wear gloves. My mum must be tired of complaining because she don talk tire. grin
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by denzel2009: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Likewise. If the water isn't hot . . . I don't use it. grin
I even do the dishes with HOT water even though I wear gloves. My mum must be tired of complaining because she don talk tire. grin

I see why MOBO444 call y'all burnt black sisters tongue
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by MissyB3(f): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2010
Lol!
MOBO44 is only hating what he can't have. Proudly burnt Black and beauriful. tongue
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 4:28am On Sep 27, 2010
@denzel2009

I guess you should be called burnt black brother
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
Don't use hot water on your face
Hot water dilates blood vessels, which over time will stretch and loosen your skin. Hot water also dries skin out. Use lukewarm to cold water to wash your face and neck. My morning ritual? I put an ice cube in a small piece of cloth (to avoid breaking capillaries) and gently stroke my face, especially around the eyes. I do this right after I've had my day's first glass of water, almost immediately after I wake up.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/8-beauty-sins-you-might-be-committing-2392798/

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-top-10-secrets-every-french-woman-knows-for-beautiful-skin-2393391/#photoViewer=3
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by iice(f): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2010
I've been using hot water all my life. As in really hot water, I tend to even sleep in the thing cheesy
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
and you don't have wrinkles?
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by iice(f): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2010
Nope. . .unless you mean wrinkled skin for being in water for too long. Like on fingers and toes
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2010
Even if one is not wrinkled, it makes one look of age.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by iice(f): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
Erhhh ok undecided
I look half my age angry so hot water is not doing anything help me put me where i should be
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by sophy09: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
lol, yeah we all look half our age. I guess it depends on one's skin texture.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by iice(f): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
Droll but hardly surprising cheesy.
Hopefully by the time i get to 100, i'll finally look my age cool
I shall give praise then.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by standing(f): 2:21am On Oct 07, 2010
Warm water is ok. And good for your health. It can remove your tired as well.

Re: Bathing With Hot Water by jasikablack: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2010
Hot water bathing and ex-foliation is great because it opens up all the pores in your body and cleanses as u scrub. It also cleans very well.Cold water cools u down, and is good for ur scalp and hair, prevents flaking and dry skin.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by Isiterere(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
hot water or lukewarm always irritate my body.
Team #coldwater and #extremelycold.

Be mindful of your bathing soap and body cream.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by holyboss: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Why do I smell front page embarassed

Bak to d topic @OP here in france (whr I school) we always bath with HOT like very hot water cos is cold here
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by Dannyset(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hot, warm, or lukewarm. None is as refreshing as cold water no matter the weather. It gives u scaly skin and aged u.
NOTE: am not saying its d cause of ur wrinkles oo
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by asala1: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
The weather is very cold now, there is no substitute for hot water. I can't even think of bathing cold water till maybe February, I no wan die now.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by nwaobitex: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
I can't remember the last time I took my bath with cold water. Am always using hot warer and I'm Still fresh kiss
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by frodobee: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
See them forming hot water^^^ even my co-tenants for AJ city. Wait. Make I hear person wey go yab NEPA or GEJ make I know how una de take boil water for bath.
Re: Bathing With Hot Water by yinkson(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2014
sophy09:
Is hot water good for the skin? Of recent the weather is becoming cold and I am using hot water to have my bath but I notice that I am beginning to have wrinkles on my forehead and under my eyes. Is it the effect of the hot water?
There is difference between Hot water and warm water...Of course I don't expect any normal human to bathe or shower with hot water. The last time I tried tried it, sincerely I ran out of the bathroom

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi Discharges 28 More COVID-19 Patients / Eating Disorders In Adolescents! / Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.