Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (76932 Views)

Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M? / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by GeneralDae: 10:47am On Jan 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You can also say the same for the USA Canada and others. You see tech figures at six figures likewise healthcare. Majority of people don't work in tech. Minimum wage is 7 USD per hour though in some states it's much higher but then in Germany you get free healthcare. Your kids get world class education from primary to university. World class infrastructure too.
Yeah that's great. People who are not doing well in Nigeria and can find their way to get this higher standard of living should go. What I find confusing is when people who have lands or houses, or a good business, or a high paying job, or investments in Nigeria decide to abandon all to start all over abroad. Apart from the security situation maybe, I see no other reasonable arguement for this.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Yeah that's great. People who are not doing well in Nigeria and can find their way to get this higher standard of living should go. What I find confusing is when people who have lands or houses, or a good business, or a high paying job, or investments in Nigeria decide to abandon all to start all over abroad. Apart from the security situation maybe, I see no other reasonable arguement for this.

Dey there. People with money are finding ways to move their families out of this shithole. We are talking bootloads of money. Everyone with a future knows that Nigeria has no future. Even the Dullard in charge has gotten UK citizenship for all his children.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jan 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Tell me any sector in Nigeria that works. Mention one social infrastructure in Nigeria that you can depend on.

Do you know what those high taxes you are complaining about abroad is used for?

Do you know why Germany for example are able to offer foreigners free education?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by GeneralDae: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2022
justwise:

Tell me any sector in Nigeria that works. Mention one social infrastructure in Nigeria that you can depend on.

Do you know what those high taxes you are complaining about abroad is used for?

Do you know why Germany for example are able to offer foreigners free education?
I am saying that if there are rich businessmen who can set up private sectors to develop our economy rather than just waiting on the corrupt Government, we should not encourage them to sell all they have to go abroad in search of jobs or to start all over.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by justwise(m): 11:47am On Jan 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

I am saying that if there are rich businessmen who can set up private sectors to develop our economy rather than just waiting on the corrupt Government, we should not encourage them to sell all they have to go abroad in search of jobs or to start all over.

My question to you is..why do you think that someone with all the money in Nigeria will decide to travel abroad rather than staying back to enjoy his/her success in Nigeria? You only mentioned security but forgotten that so many things you get abroad easily are paid for in Nigeria and still you don't get what you paid for.

What social welfare does Nigeria offer to unemployed Nigerians or disabled people?

How will you run a successful business in Nigeria when you have to provide your own security, electricity with terrible road network?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

So you want to honestly tell me that after a critical analysis of Nigeria, it's only the "security situation" you could come up with?

So you see no challenges with the economy, education, health care sector, system of government etc?

See ehn, if you want to stay here make your billions and travel round the world as you wish, no problemo.

But stop trying to discourage people who want to check out of this travesty.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

My question to you is..why do you think that someone with all the money in Nigeria will decide to travel abroad rather than staying back to enjoy his/her success in Nigeria? You only mentioned security but forgotten that so many things you get abroad easily are paid for in Nigeria and still you don't get what you paid for.

What social welfare does Nigeria offer to unemployed Nigerians or disabled people?

How will you run a successful business in Nigeria when you have to provide your own security, electricity with terrible road network?

Gbam, Justwise always asking thought provoking questions cheesy
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Raalsalghul:

So you want to honestly tell me that after a critical analysis of Nigeria, it's only the "security situation" you could come up with?

So you see no challenges with the economy, education, health care sector, system of government etc?

See ehn, if you want to stay here make your billions and travel round the world as you wish, no problemo.

But stop trying to discourage people who what to check out of the travesty.
Gbamsulotely, Nigeria is gone and beyond redemption, l have said it several times on this platform and l was called names, my position about Nigeria still remains valid, nothing has changed, it is still the same nonsense, going - round in the wilderness of suffering, frustrations, pain for the over 200 million people living in that Hell of a country

Nigeria should be auctioned off on either eBay or Alibaba for richer Western nation to buy and reformed the country, after decades of leaving Nigeria l have no single regret, what a country full of hardship, suffering, poverty, kidnapping, ritualism, destiny killing and potential draining land, senseless killings, Wickedness, Chai angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Goztino(m): 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

An average middle man in Germany and UK ( especially Germany) do not have lands and their own houses. They just work and pay almost half of the salary to the Government as taxes. It is easier for an average or middle class man in Nigeria to buy a land as an investment than for the average white man.
The people paying 11 million naira or 15 million naira from Nigeria to the UK or[b] 8 million for Germany's blocked account are doing okay. [/b]What they lack are the basics from the Government. People in Germany get shocked when you reveal to them that you spent 10000 Euros or 7 million naira for studies, many of them get help from Government. In America many are into debts.
I'm not against relocating abroad when struggling but my logic is that one who can get 10 million naira in Nigeria or one doing well should consider and plan properly if it's really worth it.

You are really very funny. What stops a Nigerian living in Germany from using part of his salary to buy lands and even build houses in Nigeria?
An average Nigerian in Germany makes more money than an average Nigerian in Nigeria so you have more spending power.
Infact, an average Msc student who studies and also work in Germany makes more money than an average worker in Nigeria with Msc and even PhD.
I know that the cost of living is higher than in Nigeria but at least you can save upto #200,000 or even more every godamn month after expenses.
So you can actually save money from part of your salary and buy properties in Nigeria.

The only case I would advise someone to remain in Nigeria is if you are really making alot of money which most graduates don't.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Pamelayoung: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
ShyWhale:
I am a Nigerian in Germany with a German Masters degree. It's quite difficult to get professional jobs in Germany as an African as we are usually the last of the pack. The only luck I ever had was to get internships, internships that takes several months to get and usually only for short periods. The high percentage of Africans even with German Phds doing menial jobs is highly discouraging and depressing. Most are trapped in the race for survival and I can't imagine myself living life like them. I feel I could do better with my skills and education that spreads across Europe's top countries.

I made the decision to return to Nigeria, harness my skills and start up a processing company. At 25 and the sole breadwinner of an extended family, they are asking me to stay put, saying that the Nigerian environment is not good for business (I feel they are only scared of losing out on the goodies they get from me).

Also last year, the family introduced me to a female in the UK, talking about marriage to her. The said lady is a Nigerian within my age range, but born and raised in the UK. Though I have been to the UK severally to see her, I have made no commitments whatsoever as she is not the kind of lady I would marry all things being equal. She and the family have however given me a ultimatum to decide now.

What do you advice?

Why not come to Nigeria do a survey of the business and possibly startup as a side gig and see how it goes whilst retaining your German job. Bad as Nigeria may seem there are still people doing business and making it big here.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Bifwoli: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Gbamsulotely, Nigeria is gone and beyond redemption, l have said it several times on this platform and l was called names, my position about Nigeria still remains valid, nothing has changed, it is still the same nonsense, going - round in the wilderness of suffering, frustrations, pain for the over 200 million people living in that Hell of a country

Nigeria should be auctioned off on either eBay or Alibaba for richer Western nation to buy and reformed the country, after decades of leaving Nigeria l have no single regret, what a country full of hardship, suffering, poverty, kidnapping, ritualism, destiny killing and potential draining land, senseless killings, Wickedness, Chai angry
No one in Nigeria can fix Nigeria back to health? Botswana ,Namibia and a few other African countries have working systems yet they haven't auctioned themselves .

You're calling for colonialism to come to the rescue.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Maxxim: 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Bros I have a ton of German colleagues and na lie. My coworker is 19 years and has his own house. He also drives a porsche.
grin
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bifwoli:
No one in Nigeria can fix Nigeria back to health? Botswana ,Namibia and a few other African countries have working systems yet they haven't auctioned themselves .

You're calling for colonialism to come to the rescue.

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Goldentulip2: 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Bros I have a ton of German colleagues and na lie. My coworker is 19 years and has his own house. He also drives a porsche.
Smh one can own a house on mortgage if u got a good credit rating even buy a Porsche sef on credit Chale

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by GeneralDae: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Goldentulip2:

Smh one can own a house on mortgage if u got a good credit rating even buy a Porsche sef on credit Chale
I agree but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about owning a house on Mortgage but just paying outrightly for a home. The credit system and mortgage is all part of the system in Europe that's different and a bit limiting in my opinion. But I understand why it could be your cup of tea.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by uthlaw: 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
Why the politicians go to abroad for treatment... Any opportunity na too japa ooo,I'm not in competition with anybody,menial jobs still better than graduate with 50k per month!
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:04am On Jan 02, 2022
uthlaw:
Why the politicians go to abroad for treatment... Any opportunity na too japa ooo,I'm not in competition with anybody,menial jobs still better than graduate with 50k per month!
Majority of them have 2nd foreign Passport for themselves / wives and kids, once yawa gaz, they will take okada via semeborder or idiroko, enter cotonou from their na to Obodo oyibo , whereas majority of Nigerians clapping and singing Patriotism will be trapped in that jungle waiting for Angels from Paradise to protect them, wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by uthlaw: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Majority of them have 2nd foreign Passport for themselves / wives and kids, once yawa gaz, they will take okada via semeborder or idiroko, enter cotonou from their na to Obodo oyibo , whereas majority of Nigerians clapping and singing Patriotism will be trapped in that jungle waiting for Angels from Paradise to protect them, wink
no b lie,me na just to leave this country b my major concern!

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
uthlaw:
no b lie,me na just to leave this country b my major concern!
Scan the travel section of Nairaland.com consistently, look for countries that meets your needs either via Skilled Express Entry like Australia / Canada or Europe / Scandinavian countries via schooling but in all your plans, do everything legally, avoid AGENTS on nairaland.com because they will swindle, scam and use your money to drink beer, sleep with daughters of Eve in the hotel and eat fried chicken.

Again, don't listen to PATRIOTIC CITIZENS of Buhari government telling you to invest your money in a collapsed / depressed and dead economy, even Buhari their Philistine President in Nigeria, his children schooled in England and Buhari is a permanent customer to UK HOSPITALS while his wife Aisha has a permanent VILLA IN UAE - DUBAI.

l wish you Goodluck as you depart the Headquarters of extreme poverty in the world and one of the most unsafest country on planet earth called Nigeria shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by uthlaw: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Scan the travel section of Nairaland.com consistently, look for countries that meets your needs either via Skilled Express Entry like Australia / Canada or Europe / Scandinavian countries via schooling but in all your plans, do everything legally, avoid AGENTS on nairaland.com because they will swindle, scam and use your money to drink beer, sleep with daughters of Eve in the hotel and eat fried chicken.

Again, don't listen to PATRIOTIC CITIZENS of Buhari government telling you to invest your money in a collapsed / depressed and dead economy, even Buhari their Philistine President in Nigeria, his children schooled in England and Buhari is a permanent customer to UK HOSPITALS while his wife Aisha has a permanent VILLA IN UAE - DUBAI.

l wish you Goodluck as you depart the Headquarters of extreme poverty in the world and one of the most unsafest country on planet earth called Nigeria shocked
God bless you bro!

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:

This is the type of post the embassies will see and believe every Nigerians is so desperate and they will start making the system to be difficult for the common man.

Why can't you just use your sense when typing on nairaland?

And you will think u are advising the young man and not knowing you are stylishly blocking his japa dream?

If you think the problem is only the government, why many of the diasporans still doing their curny ways by still scamming the system over there?

Next time try to be reasonable enough when posting here before I will use that your koboko to flog you outta here

Nairaland is worldwide
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Goldentulip2: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
ShyWhale:
My reservations about moving to the UK

- I hate being at the mercy of others. Going to the UK on a spousal permit means losing my German residency and I'll be at her mercy. As should anything go wrong with the relationship , I'll have to leave the UK.

- Getting a professional job. It doesn't make sense to go to the UK and continue to be trapped in menial jobs. I have been there and I hardly see Nigerians in professional jobs except those with rich parents. Someone should advice me on that as it could not be a real reflection.

My Reservations about Nigeria

- High rate of startup failure
- Difficulty in getting loans to expand. I have heard they can ask for even your neck in those times. With a lack of collateral, more difficult.

For those asking about my course, Yes it's a STEM degree.

I know a Nigerian friend who is a Barclays Bank manager in London. I also know 1 or 2 friends that are doctors and professionals in London. I don’t think their parents are rich like that but they got their Certifications from Europe tho.

You gotta have some funding already OP to start a business in Naija and even plan for a backup (God forbid the biz fails) True Nigeria ain’t easy to get a loan for a startup business without a strong contact but OP I get your point. I lived in London for years, it’s not rosy for some folks at all. Bills will finish somebody smh but if the business flies in Nigeria Omo you don blow BIG. But watch your staff very well lol e get why. Honestly I think you should go to the UK and test it for a couple of years and see how it goes for you then you can decide to return to Naija with more money and some experience etc. And honestly that girl could make or break you. Think about it well tho I can’t comment on the girl matter in public
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
oluayebenz:

This is the type of post the embassies will see and believe every Nigerians is so desperate and they will start making the system to be difficult for the common man.

Why can't you just use your sense when typing on nairaland?

And you will think u are advising the young man and not knowing you are stylishly blocking his japa dream?

If you think the problem is only the government, why many of the diasporans still doing their curny ways by still scamming the system over there?

Next time try to be reasonable enough when posting here before I will use that your koboko to flog you outta here

Nairaland is worldwide

Your own sense is working in auto reverse if you don't know that every Embassy in Nigeria has a detailed comprehensive reports of the instability / insecurity ( hence they issue several reports warning their citizens to avoid certain states in Nigeria or completely avoid unnecessary movements while in Nigeria due to the terrible security challenges in Nigeria.

Your own sense is hanging in Aso Rock if you think the Embassies are not aware of how desperate Nigerians are to leave the dead country due to economic, security and political instabilities

Your own sense is hanging on Olumo Rock if you don't know, see and understand how terrible the sufferings are for millions of Nigerians who are hungry and cannot afford akara, milk and akamu daily as breakfast due to extreme poverty in the country as a result of the comatose and criminal politicians who have stolen generational wealth out of Nigeria.

Now buzz off, take your brain to a Brain Surgeon in Nigeria to help correct the tumor ravaging your senses not to see how bad Nigeria as a country has degenerated to as a result of the different layers of irresponsible leaders living in Abuja looting the treasury and making the country a cesspit of poverty, hardship, suffering and currently the Headquarters of extreme poverty in the world.

Now buzz off my mentions angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by GeneralDae: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Your own sense is working in auto reverse if you don't know that every Embassy in Nigeria has a detailed comprehensive reports of the instability / insecurity ( hence they issue several reports warning their citizens to avoid certain states in Nigeria or completely avoid unnecessary movements while in Nigeria due to the terrible security challenges in Nigeria.

Your own sense is hanging in Aso Rock if you think the Embassies are not aware of how desperate Nigerians are to leave the dead country due to economic, security and political instabilities

Your own sense is hanging on Olumo Rock if you don't know, see and understand how terrible the sufferings are for millions of Nigerians who are hungry and cannot afford akara, milk and akamu daily as breakfast due to extreme poverty in the country as a result of the comatose and criminal politicians who have stolen generational wealth out of Nigeria.

Now buzz off, take your brain to a Brain Surgeon in Nigeria to help correct the tumor ravaging your senses not to see how bad Nigeria as a country as degenerated to as a result of the different layers of irresponsible leaders living in Abuja looting the treasury and making the country a cesspit of poverty, hardship, suffering and currently the Headquarters of extreme poverty in the world.

I like the points you raised. But there's a question he asked I'll love you to answer or at least share your idea on.

Let me also ask you this if you don't mind: When you leave Nigeria (or if you have left Nigeria) would you still think about reinvesting in Nigeria or solving a problem or you just won japa like that forever?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:

Now buzz off, take your brain to a Brain Surgeon in Nigeria to help correct the tumor ravaging your senses not to see how bad Nigeria as a country has degenerated to as a result of the different layers of irresponsible leaders living in Abuja looting the treasury and making the country a cesspit of poverty, hardship, suffering and currently the Headquarters of extreme poverty in the world.

If your sense is really working, you will know that the government doesn't fall from the sky, the government are the people.

Those are the same people going to the saner climate and still find their ways into dubious act by still scamming the systems over there.

The citizens of those countries you are all running to fought for the developments you are all enjoying, if they all have the kind of mentality you got in that your skull, do you think they will be where they are today?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
GeneralDae:

I like the points you raised. But there's a question he asked I'll love you to answer or at least share your idea on.

Let me also ask you this if you don't mind: When you leave Nigeria (or if you have left Nigeria) would you still think about reinvesting in Nigeria or solving a problem or you just won japa like that forever?

That question will be very difficult for him to answer
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
oluayebenz:

If your sense is really working, you will know that the government doesn't fall from the sky, the government are the people.

Those are the same people going to the saner climate and still find their ways into dubious act by still scamming the systems over there.

The citizens of those countries you are all running to fought for the developments you are all enjoying, if they all have the kind of mentality you got in that your skull, do you think they will be where they are today?

As long as you have a demented skull and your brain cells are frozen you won't understand my post, the same way you were disgraced in the investment thread by several people because of your useless post that reeks of ignorance, the same way you are jumping from thread to thread on travel section spewing rubbish, you have the brain of a piglet, now run along with your fragmented oblangata
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
As long as you have a demented skull and your brain cells are frozen you won't understand my post, the same way you were disgraced in the investment thread by several people because of your useless post that reeks of ignorance, the same way you are jumping from thread to thread on travel section spewing rubbish, you have the brain of a piglet, now run along with your fragmented oblangata

Why are you pained ?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
oluayebenz:

Why are you pained ?
Pained, you are a joker, l pity your miserable life in Nigeria, even before l left Nigeria decades ago l operated several businesses and had few employees under my payroll and I think a frustrated baboon like you might probably be a cleaner in my office in Lagos then when l was still in the country, after decades leaving the country with the few properties l have in Nigeria been managed by Real Estate companies, if you are frustrated because of your suffering in Nigeria, say it so I can recommend a job for you to make your brain function properly, nonsense
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Pained, you are a joker, l pity your miserable life in Nigeria, even before l left Nigeria decades ago l operated several businesses and had few employees under my payroll and I think a frustrated baboon like you might probably be a cleaner in my office in Lagos then when l was still in the country, after decades leaving the country with the few properties l have in Nigeria been managed by Real Estate companies, if you are frustrated because of your suffering in Nigeria, say it so I can recommend a job for you to make your brain function properly, nonsense

Indeed

But from the look of things, who is the frustrated one?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
oluayebenz:

Indeed

But from the look of things, who is the frustrated one?
l will henceforth not dignify you with further response because I will be wasting my precious time in doing so

l have passed my messages to you already, continue to wallow in your Stupidity and ignorance, lastly continue to enjoy your Nigeria with poverty, hardship, suffering, kidnapping, ritualism, terrorism and all Bulshit been fed you by your criminal politicians.

You are hereby ignored henceforth and placed on NO RESPONSE LIST from me henceforth. Have a miserable day in Nigeria (your so called Eldorado)
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by GreatMage: 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
Be kind.
For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.