Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? (21199 Views)

Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. (2) (3) (4)

B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by elvhinzey(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2019
Hello counsellors in the house, kindly give me an invaluable advice on which to choose, and for reasons best known to you.
Thank you.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 14, 2019
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.
It’s more lucrative now, especially if you have dreams of exploring the resources in diaspora.

PHARMACISTS do not have such opportunities. They only open shops in Nigeria.
Moreover, since they lack RESEARCH TENETS in Nigeria they find it difficult fitting into the healthcare system of the U. S. and others

But HUMAN MEDICINE including VETERINARY MEDICINE and NURSING are Gainfully employed here.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by elvhinzey(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2019
I appreciate you.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by shollish(m): 7:44pm On May 16, 2019
If you are a reasoning man

choose Pharmacy, you will never regret it.

Its the most streetwise medical course, you can venture into community practice, hospital practice, industrial practice, medical rep, academia, NGO, importation, research,regulatory or any business you love doing.

*Modified*

This course requires the best of minds and brains. You have to be well grounded in CHEMISTRY, Biology, Physics and Mathematics. Seriously speaking, its cuts deeply accross these.
There are theories to cram and understand, Calculations to learn, structures and pathways to learn, Laws to cram.
Loads of Practicals.
In the end, only the best will be inducted into the profession.
To be authorized and licensed to import ,export,mix,compound, procure, distribute, sell,counsel dispense drugs and poisons.
When i read the above on a license during my I. T, i said it is a taboo to have that power and still be broke.
No wonder men come looking for 400/500L pharmacy student to marry, in order to do drug business.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Period007(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2019
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.
It’s more lucrative now, especially if you have dreams of exploring the resources in diaspora.

Moreover, since they lack RESEARCH TENETS in Nigeria they find it difficult fitting into the healthcare system of the U. S. and others

But HUMAN MEDICINE including VETERINARY MEDICINE and NURSING are Gainfully employed here.
Evil man!!are u saying nurses are well paid than pharmacist in the US ? stop giving these young lads evil and fake information u are too old for these

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Nobody: 11:14am On May 17, 2019
CC:lalasticlala please help this young man by moving this to front page as he needs advice from other Nigerians. Contribution from other persons would assist him in making the right choice. Thank you

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by InansBobo(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2019
elvhinzey:
Hello counsellors in the house, kindly give me an invaluable advice on which to choose, and for reasons best known to you.
Thank you.
depends on your jamb score.

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Sleekjunior(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2019
NURSING

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by tetralogyfallot(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2019
Pharmacy any day, anytime, anywhere bro. The reasons are as follows.
1. With just a pharmacy licence you can be smiling to the bank yearly when u stand as a surety to big pharmacy shops.
2. Pharmacy earns more money than every other medical profession in developed countries.
3. Its funny to call a guy a nurse cos it sounds feminine while pharmacist sounds more unisex.
4. Its easier to start a small pharmacy shop with a pharmacy degree than nursing center with a nursing degree.
5. Nurses are mostly treated with disdain by doctors while pharmacist are kings in their own fields.
6. Pharmacist have good working environment unlike nurses that see dirty things on a daily basis

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by tetralogyfallot(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2019
The comparison should rather be between pharmacy and MBBS.

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by id4sho(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
t
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by orion7: 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
nurse abeg

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by tetralogyfallot(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.

veterinary medicine bawo? I have a lot of them as friends still roaming the streets in search of a daily bread.

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by franchasng: 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
elvhinzey:
Thank you.
Go for nursing. If you can't get nursing, go for Lab Science, it is more promising than Pharmacy

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Ibcrown(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
Nursing straight up

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by tempex88(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
Nursing

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
Rubbish
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Guyman02: 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
If you want to work and settle in Nigeria go for Pharmacy.
If you want to be an international player go for Nursing.
If you present Pharmacy and Nursing certificates during an interview at Canadian or Norwegian embassies, they will give visa to the nurse first.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Follygunners: 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
Pharmacy of course!

Here in the U.S. Pharmacists make 6-figure annual income compared to nurses that make a mere paltry figure UNLESS they work overtime.

Go figure... cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Jayson504(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
Go for pharmacy, it's very lucrative compared to nursing

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by ijmbadmission(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2019
I would suggest Pharmacy

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Uyi168: 3:10pm On May 17, 2019
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.

.. Both have prospects in diaspora..

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Joshuabobo: 3:11pm On May 17, 2019
To the best of my knowledge both home and abroad nursing is still the best among the two options

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Kennydoc(m): 3:12pm On May 17, 2019
elvhinzey:
Thank you.

Whoever tells you nursing is better either doesn't like you or is ignorant. Pharmacy is probably the best among all medical jobs. Nurses are highly underpaid everywhere (in Nigeria), and Bsc nurses aren't left out. Even in hospitals, pharmacist earn slightly higher than nurses.
Pharmacists also have the opportunity to work in pharmaceutical and research industries. They can also work as drug reps, and believe me, many drugs reps make a whole lot of money, much more than most nurses can ever make in their life time.
When tired of being employed, most pharmacists open pharmacies, where they can even practice some bit of clinical pharmacy. Some go on to start importing drugs with time, and can go further into drug manufacturing.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by wanney: 3:13pm On May 17, 2019
Whats your ambition on the long run?Nursing is more restricted in terms of practice area compared to pharmacy. Most nurses work in hospitals, NGOs,few walk in pharmaceutical companies. Pharmacists can work in a a lot of places (hospitals, NGOs,community pharmacy, FMCG research, pharmaceutical companies, infant/baby manufacturing food companies). Your ambition will guide your choice.

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by BuhariDcow: 3:14pm On May 17, 2019
If you plan on relocating to te Western world, BSc nursing is ideal.
But if you plan to remain in this country, B Pharmacy is your course

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by mrvitalis(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2019
franchasng:
Go for nursing. If you can't get nursing, go for Lab Science, it is more promising than Pharmacy
U smoke ?

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by kheny12(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2019
Bsc phamnursing will be good.you will be producing medicine and selling it to your fellow nurse.

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by capitalzero: 3:17pm On May 17, 2019
elvhinzey:
Thank you.

if you are business oriented,choose pharmacy. otherwise, choose nursing.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 17, 2019
Nursing oooooooo

N.D.A 2016/2017 (68th Regular Course)aspirants Lets Neet Here / Corpse Of UNIUYO Student Shot Dead During NANS Election Recovered (Graphic Pics) / Important Ways To Simplify How You Read