Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port (25768 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / Road Trip From Port Harcourt To Onne Port Rivers State: Pics & Video / 20 Things To Know About The Calabar Sea Port (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Firstorderwizard(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2019
Intel's co-owned by Atiku Abubakar and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Chaii,
Zombies cannot make heaven walaii

1 Like

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by kunleweb: 3:28pm On May 14, 2019
OK.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Temptee101(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2019
Who is this goat quoting the whole writeup?
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by kunleweb: 3:33pm On May 14, 2019
LoveOnly:
This is good.

K
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by miltonchux(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2019
Prince4mic:
onne port.

just so you know, the port is currently deserted as there as no contracts for vessels and massive lay-off of staffs.

For the very first time I got to onne port and saw only two vessels at the quayside. I wept
I knew the current economic policies aren't helping the maritime sector.

Well said, we are really suffering, no supplies or chartering of vessels. All the vessels are been sold off to be scrapped because there are no jobs. The economy is so bad bro.

1 Like

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 14, 2019
Prince4mic:
onne port.

just so you know, the port is currently deserted as there as no contracts for vessels and massive lay-off of staffs.

For the very first time I got to onne port and saw only two vessels at the quayside. I wept

na wao

thats a lot of job loss
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by DAVEZONIGLTD: 4:28pm On May 14, 2019
Olukat:
shocked Onne port is sited on Eleme LGA alone.
That's a discussion for another day though.
Good job AUTOJosh cool cool cool

Include part of Ogu...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by ZnO: 4:33pm On May 14, 2019
Onne and Eleme in general are some of the roughest, yet fascinating semi-urban areas to live in southern Nigeria. As a young graduate I lived in Eleme and worked in Onne for a couple of years. Every now and then the youths block the only highway and intimidate motorists; and that Chief Ngei (or something like that) made himself a demi God in Onne. Fracas frequently breaks out among them and between them and Okrika youths; and non-indigene residents can be caught in the crossfire. Coupled with the unhealthy gaseous smells from NAFCON (now NOTORE), Eleme Petrochemical and NNPC Refinery that pervade the atmosphere most of the time. Among the Eleme communities, Alesa, Akpajo and Onne are the most volatile. It's been a while though; hope relations are better now. Had so much fun at the bush bar in Onne Wharf. I hear it's been closed own and the entire area now path of the Wharf. Also ate some of the best fishes in Okrika.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by BiafraIsFree: 5:32pm On May 14, 2019
Foreigners being stealing Biafrans resources for themselves, using Biafrans resources to purchasing weapons to massacred indigenous people of Biafra that agitating for freedom.

Useless slaves answering Niger delta militants such as asari D frog the jihadists agent is there collecting $10m to yearly and N600m monthly to sabotaging the real freedom fighting.

If Nigeria British slaves don't let Biafra go, all the looters and looting forces/equipments. Must feel the anger of Chuwku Okike Abasi.

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Queenboy123(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2019
LuciferAkbar:

These are Afonjas.
You don't mean it
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by mechanics(m): 6:02pm On May 14, 2019
Why can't the government divert traffic to the port to decongest apapa port?
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by writeprof(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2019
Gozzzy:
it's sad that it's just an export port, when it can be an import, port... Nigeria imports more than she exports.... so that South Easterners and South Southerners will come back home.

The 'system' arranged it like that for political reasons against those you mentioned. A sane system will not empower one man or one state to provide service to millions of people when it should not be so. Again, I wonder, if the Onne Port is really all the OP said about it-
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Solokito(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2019
Buhari finish Onne,over 500 hundred companies where here before he came into power,08104629677,let him call me I'm ready to defend myself as Onne boy
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 14, 2019
Too many ignorant youths is actually Nigeria problem.
Onne is only for exports.
It was arranged so for political reasons.
Afonjas won’t let it work
Onne sound Igbo
Blah blah blah.

The facilities is for imports and exports, in fact the heavy crane is to handle imports, 0r what heavy stuffs is Nigeria exporting.
Lagos port is NOT the only port for importers. It is just that insecurity scare importers from others.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Sunsets: 7:30pm On May 14, 2019
Co-owners of Intels, a servicing company. They are not the owners of the port.
stonemasonn:
hahahahaha.....check the co- owners, I’m sure you didn’t read the article.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by obailala(m): 8:14pm On May 14, 2019
Casptainspecial:
It would be better if they approve this port for importation as well. Apapa is over congested for God sake
Gozzzy:
it's sad that it's just an export port, when it can be an import, port... Nigeria imports more than she exports.... so that South Easterners and South Southerners will come back home.
But some people still do import goods from Onne; I don't think there's really any law in place stopping importers from using Onne.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
Gozzzy:
Its an Import port, I have imported fru the said port multiple times as we speak.The vessels going there are very few hence the slowness.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2019
Mosesm:
Onne sound Igbo
Blah blah blah.

The facilities is for imports and exports, in fact the heavy crane is to handle imports, 0r what heavy stuffs is Nigeria exporting.
Lagos port is NOT the only port for importers. It is just that insecurity scare importers from others.

Nah its the lack of fleets thats stops the influx of vessels to ports like Onne. International flights frm the EU and America do not land in every Airport in Nigeria for a reason.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On May 14, 2019
writeprof:

The 'system' arranged it like that for political reasons against those you mentioned. A sane system will not empower one man or one state to provide service to millions of people when it should not be so. Again, I wonder, if the Onne Port is really all the OP said about it-
It is all the OP said and even more, why dont you spend a day or two in PH and see for yourself, mayB you might help increase traffic there!

2 Likes

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2019
Prince4mic:
onne port.

na wahoooo bross when was this??
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2019
Casptainspecial:
It would be better if they approve this port for importation as well. Apapa is over congested for God sake
Bross who tell you say no xport??
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by danhans(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2019
after somebody will say Atiku is a thief, poor man don suffer i wonder wen dey go get sense
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 14, 2019
LuciferAkbar:

These are Afonjas.
Can you be sane for a while?

1 Like

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Captain001(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2019
Prince4mic:
onne port.

Not anymore. Vessels are on contract now.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by superstar1(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2019
With Onne being fully functional, why do children of hatred always screeching of no port in the East, in their usual evil combination of their land of gully erosion with SS.

PIGIDIOTIC OSUS
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Ryan14(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2019
The company is co-owned by business partners, Atiku Abubakar and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Daniel2802(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2019
Mosesm:
Onne sound Igbo
Blah blah blah.

I swear, when I was seeing the comments I was like, when did Onne become only for exports. Low key, most of the Tin tomatoes , Goya Oil etc sold in Aba are imported through Onne.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by ngadaAwo: 10:47pm On May 14, 2019
superstar1:
With Onne being fully functional, why do children of hatred always screeching of no port in the East, in their usual evil combination of their land of gully erosion with SS.

PIGIDIOTIC OSUS
caution
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by Fizoperuzi(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2019
True�
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by writeprof(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2019
erico2k2:

It is all the OP said and even more, why dont you spend a day or two in PH and see for yourself, mayB you might help increase traffic there!

thanks, I sure hope to go that one of these days.
Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by erico2k2(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2019
writeprof:

thanks, I sure hope to go that one of these days.
cool

1 Like

Re: Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port by bizzibodi(m): 1:16am On May 17, 2019
So atiku & Tinubu are biz patners

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Boeing Whistleblower, John Barnett Found Dead In The US / Fuel-Laden Tankers Explode On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Cause Heavy Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.