Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1046794 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hmm! Very unlikely. The portal contains the scores inputed on your TRF.

pyruvateluv:
My people, this question is funny, but I just to ask it. Is it possible for one's ielts scores on TRF be different from the portal CIC will verify the result from?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwabuzorjuliet: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good afternoon everyone,
First I want to appreciate the one who began this thread; God bless you oo. And to everyone that has contributed to the progress of this thread, may heaven smile on us all.
I am new here, spent a good number of days on the part 1, yet couldn’t read it all. I had to start reading 20pages in front& 20 pages at the back for the other parts too. Only to get to the end and I see ‘thread closed’ and a link to the next. I believe i’ll catch up gradually.

I just booked my ielts for next month and trying to figure out what my CRS score would be with regards to qualification (Although I just started the process of obtaining my transcripts from Uniben for assessment by WES). I have a 2years diploma from Uniben which I used for direct entry into the same university to earn a BSc. Please is it possible that this would be evaluated as two or more certificates?

Also my fiancé studied BEng in Mechanical engineering (5 years course). I want to confirm if it would be evaluated as a masters degree or professional degree.

Also please does anyone have a NECO contact in Lagos?

I would appreciate a response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
COPR:

These are the factors that make the cut- off points to go higher or lower:

1. The frequency of the draws: If the draws are held weekly, cut-off will go as low as 420-. However, if it's held on 4-week basis, cut-off will go as high as 470+.
2. The number of invitees: If IRCC gives out 4000 ITAs in ome draw, cut-off will be lower; but if they give out 3000, it'd be higher
3. Number of people invited via PNP route.
4. Number of people that enter the pool weekly.
5. Number of people that land and give 15 points for their siblings.

To predict if cut-off will go higher/lower, you should note the number of ITAs IRCC wants to give out this year and deduct it from ITAs given out already. If whatever that is left is bigger than what they've given, there is a possibility that the cut-off will come down.
With less than 40000 invited so far, it looks short of the over 330,800 people they said they'll invite this year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Wow! Your story touched my heart o. Awww! Congratulations.

It has ended in praise. So so happy for you. All the best in Canada

sinie:
Its PPR!!!!!!!
PPR 14th June (dated 13th June)
Vo Ottawa
Family of 4

Thank you my Nlanders, This forum gave me a wealth of information that made this journey successful, all the prominent contributors that keep this thread alive thank you for all the good that you do….

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scbhoviv: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hi, people so I received a mail from AVO this morning saying that my application is in queue for review. Abeg people this review does it take long. ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
Debsify:
With less than 40000 invited so far, it looks short of the over 330,800 people they said they'll invite this year
so there are huge chances that they'll increase invites to over 4000s and some back to back draws
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by domin8(f): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
bankyh1905:
Between WES & UI PG schl, I'm convinced the delay was caused by the latter, which was at the verification stage. At some point, they said they hadn't received any mail from WES. At other times, they said if they didn't respond like 7 or 8 times, WES wouldn't receive it (e-mail fa angry). Ridiculous, eh?

This was something I shouldn't have known about till it was done but it took pressure from a UI staff and a visit to PG schl to get it resolved, by sending a hard copy verification. That was when I heard some of the staff members discussing that the mailing system has a problem (which I already knew).

I can't remember how many times I called WES, each time spending 300 naira for 20mins. I know this timeline is unusual for most, but that's my story.

Happy to hear that this has been resolved. Can you please share your contact at the PG School? Mine will soon be due and i'll need to keep in touch with them. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by wuti: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please I would like to be included in the June AOR group. Kindly send the link. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sempe123: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
Konook:

Hi Dontee 07,

Please iv sent couple of pms for the uniport transcript Contact.

Kindly pm me with details.

Thanks
this is the 3rd week of haven applied for transcript in uniport , yet they said it is still being processed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
chukwuemeka275:
Good evening people,

Is it possible to apply for express entry and for a masters degree in Canada at the same or how risky is it?
I need to explain to my sponsors, as they are suggesting I do that.
Pleases elders kindly give me an answer. Thanks.
WHY NOT GET YOUR GET YOUR PR FIRST ? it's cheaper that way. if you apply for masters as a PR your fees would be cheaper and you would have access to work full time. but as an international student, your fees would be times two the amount PR and citizens pay. Also, you would have limited access to work, just 20 hours in a week and selectively.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Idbaba01: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, from the information I gathered, I learnt using WES for HND Graduate is the best. Because they evaluate both results as 2or more qualification. But the challenge now, the age on my waec certificate is different from my Intl passport. Hope it will not cause any issues for me. Thanks for your advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
I just added @bolded to my wise sayings diary grin

Thank you for this encouragement. Even for me during this wait, my brain plays unrealistic mind games and mythical permutations on why I might not get it, but I slap myself back to positivity, knowing others have gotten and mine won't be different.

nonen:

You don’t need the money to start the journey, what you need is the will and self motivation, and everything else will start falling into right places.
L
You’re sounding defeated, even when you’ve not seen your enemies ammunition.

Some battles have fierce looking teeth but really don’t bite. This journey is one of such fierce looking battles that don’t bite

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Do you mean 33,000? Don't give people false hope o. This year's target is 81, 400.

Debsify:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Amazing results. Congratulations!!!

adanac13:
my scores were LSRW - 8/8.5/9/8

my result was a miracle because I was so sure I answered the wrong thing in my writing part 2 but God is AMAZING!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
ans123:
Do you mean 33,000? Don't give people false hope o. This year's target is 81, 400.

sorry I actually added every program together including refugees claimants and co
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lmao! I'm good o. Had to travel for a one-week rollercoaster prog that was so engaging, fun and inspiring. Totally took my mind and time off EE. Now I'm back to real life issues. Thanks for checking kiss It will end in praise for all of us.

[quote author=archer1 post=79372714][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thank you. Anyway, I don't really have any contact at PG schl, I can't say the record officers in charge are my contacts because they didn't really like the fact that they had to send a hard copy verification on my behalf and I later learnt that they refused to do the same for a friend's contact.

Like I mentioned earlier, it took a personal visit and a recap of my suffering before they agreed to that. I really hope you don't go through the same experience as I did. Let's hope that they've fixed their mailing system.

My evaluation was concluded in February. Maybe there's someone else here who has better luck since then, who can give you useful pointers. Best of luck.

domin8:

Happy to hear that this has been resolved. Can you please share your contact at the PG School? Mine will soon be due and i'll need to keep in touch with them. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by happyme31: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please can someone confirm that transcripts can be sent to this email: icesinfo@bcit.ca or is there a separate email for transcripts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

"For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."

Shine1177:

Please, do you have a CIC reference for this assertion? It will benefit me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Write a convincing LOE to support your bank statements

johnnybravo1990:

Na wah o. People nor give me pay slip, na how dem wan take give me salary certificate? Thanks, all the same.

No evidence of refusal o. They told me with word of mouth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PreciousRuby(f): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello house,

I have a Masters degree and I have requested for my transcript.

Please do I need to also send my BSc transcript or just the certificate as my account is showing that the transcript is being expected. Kindly assist so I can attend to this asap.

Secondly, I urgently need a contact in Unilag to assist with my transcript processing. Thank you ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
I learnt it won't. Court wedding certs only

Dammyomo123:
Please house, I only have my Muslim wedding certificate. Will this fly?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Court marriage certificate.

If ECA has not been done, you would need waec as a requirement to evaluate your degrees if you decide to use WES as an ECA body. You need to digest page 1 thoroughly here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386475

Philips49:
Congrats it’s lord’s doing .
Pls I want ask the type of wedding certificate accepted and also pls is it necessary for accompanying spouse to provide waec certificate even though he has ECA for that. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by michaelmahone(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
MamaAaron:
Just to help my fellow Canada family.
I and hubby did our NECO PROCESSING yesterday and below is the details

NECO PROCESSING DETAILS:

1) Go to www.remita.net generate a remita code using your exact name on your NECO certificate. NOTE: when you click on the remita link you would see a search button type in NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL it will take you the next page where you will be asked for
purpose select *confirmation * then it will generate the amount which is N5,000 complete the form and make payment. An email would be sent to you print out the remita receipt.
*You can do this number 1 before going to NECO OFFICE to save yourself stress*

2) when going to NECO's office go with 20,500(courier fee),1,500(scratch card), 3 photocopies of your NECO certificate, 1 print out of remita payment receipt.
3) NECO's office is at No,20 Coker street ilupeju Lagos it's on the left side of the road if you are driving because the road is one way. When you get there you would be asked to go to room 6 and ask of Mr. Omoyeni but before going to meet him take the remita payment receipt print out upstairs to change it to NECO receipt. Then you can now go to room 6, you would be given a form to fill where you would input your WES reference number and WES address. After filling you would be asked to make photocopy then you would go back to meet Mr. Omoyeni to submit that's all.
**** Due to the NECO examination that starts today your transcript would be sent to WES in 4weeks max because it's just one person that would be processing it but a tracking number would be sent to your email so ensure you fill in your details in the register with Mr. Omoyeni***
Thank you.
Good day Madam. Pls I heard the NECO result is to verify your DOB. But my NECO result does not have DOB on it. Does your result have DOB on it? And can I still use this my original NECO result if it does not have the DOB? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
From the post in the link below, NCE is equivalent to ND, you will need to add HND to evaluate as two or more certificates.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/286#74437123 or you can send @Ramj a pm for more clarifications on that.

MJ888:
Hello house,
NCE is a 3-4 year program in a college in Nigeria. Does evaluating it makes it equivalent to a bachelor's degree? Please help if you have evaluated NCE before or know someone or something about it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Someone pls add me to Alberta Whatsapp Group 07089130778. I have been requesting for this over 2 months now undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shine1177: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
ladymarshall:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

"For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."

Thank you, the weblink really helped me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bryancole: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello my people,

Please I need coaching on Reading and writing in IELTS. Please someone add me to the gurus group. @johhnnybravo I sent you a request on WhatsApp but I guess u are busy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
thank you grin

ladymarshall:
Amazing results. Congratulations!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
Wow!!! 15 times is a lot! Your husband is the real mvp. So determined!

Congratulations!!! I wish you and your family all the best in Canada

bbpin:

He made a way. I am standing here only because He made a way.
Decision to migrate:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.