Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1045618 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BornToSucced(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
Magnifico2000:

75k no fit just go like that na. Did u source all the materials u used for the test online?

Lol...........I wish I could apply for a refund, however, the best revenge is to score 9999 in the next test tongue tongue grin

In terms of materials, I am so busy that I didn't bother myself with the materials. All I did is read the basic principles from Liz and ielts website.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BornToSucced(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
adanac13:
Please dear rewrite it, when you smash it your score will sky rocket

Thank you. I won't mind your mentorship this time biko grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BornToSucced(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
Joromi12:
that score cannot give u 439 abeg

Go and do the ranking yourself bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
Collineno:
Hello guys I have one important question to ask.
I am trying to verify my academic credential using WES but I was told I must include my WAEC certificate.
I already have a Bachelors degree and currently completing a Master's degree. I read previous post and fund out that some people only verified their bachelors degree. But it keeps poping up automatically on WES website that WAEC or NECO must be verified first.
Is it compulsory to provide my WAEC certificate to WES before my Bachelor's degree can be verified?
Has anyone successfully gone through this hurdle recently and succeeded?

Unfortunately yes. If your MSC is foreign, flu can skip the Waec Neco part.
Otherwise, it's compulsory. Or better still, use ICES.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
BornToSucced:

That score can't give you 439
I'm sure you selected "work experience in Canada"

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DanMisla: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I still don't understand how the medical works. Is it that you would be referred to a hospital for the test or you look for any hospital to do it.
And how will you know when you pass the medicals?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
BornToSucced:
Dear all,

I just saw my IELTS result as follows: LWSR - 6,6,7.5,6.5. This brings my CRS to 439. I am single though, 29 years, over 5yrs working experience, Bsc.

Please do you think I should apply with this score or rewrite the test again?

Many thanks.
I had to recalculate this when I saw Bsc and the result.

You claimed Canada 5years experience and Naija 3 years experience to get this score.
Go back and recalculate, you'll need an additional certificate(+441) with it even if you max out to get 470+
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
BornToSucced:

8777 under 30 gives 441 with bsc.u can score up to 350 with that ielts

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
oyeoye64:

I had to recalculate this when I saw Bsc and the result.

You claimed Canada 5years experience and Naija 3 years experience to get this score.
Go back and recalculate, you'll need an additional certificate(+441) with it even if you max out to get 470+

So please register for an additional certificate while taking the time to read for IELTS and target 8777(8 in listening)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please I would like to be added also

Thank you
[Qquote author=mrshk post=79482994]Hello,

Please I would like to join the June AOR WhatsApp group if there is one.

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oluwareni: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
I would also like to be added to the group chat

Thank you
mrshk:
Hello,

Please I would like to join the June AOR WhatsApp group if there is one.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hiii from this side....my oga at the top grin grin

Ifeoma77:
Hello from the other side grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
He can choose whether the spouse is accompanying or non-accompanying. However, he MUST declare that he has a spouse and child. He will need proof of funds to cover all three of them. Also medicals for all three. Whether they are accompanying him or not.

If age is still on his side, he might not need his wife to do IELTS or an ECA (since she has no degree/certificate) for points.

Also, she does not need to have a degree or certificate to do IELTS.

dapsey92:
Hello guys, need this urgent clarification for a friend... He's married with kid but did not do court marriage. He wants to join the EE race however the wife is not educated and if applied as married may not get him ITA. Question: Can he apply as single, settle in Canada then do court wedding afterwards to sponsor the wife? Also the child they have together won't he be affected? Thanks guys... Its urgent to save someone from this country situation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jamezy4u: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please, @ednut1, I sent you a PM, please reply. I need some help from. Thanks much.

ednut1:
your noc is 1111. Are all accountants/auditors chartered
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please recalculate. With BSc, and that IETLS score, 400 is unattainable.

You may try PNP though with your work experience. Check https://moving2canada.com/pnp-canada-live-tracker/#Manitoba for more information on that.

BornToSucced:
Dear all,

I just saw my IELTS result as follows: LWSR - 6,6,7.5,6.5. This brings my CRS to 439. I am single though, 29 years, over 5yrs working experience, Bsc.

Please do you think I should apply with this score or rewrite the test again?

Many thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lamay: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please I want to register for BCS, can someone put me through all it takes? I really need to boost my CRS. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BornToSucced(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
pyruvateluv:

That score can't give you 439
I'm sure you selected "work experience in Canada"

You are right man..... grin grin grin

It currently stand at 359...Oh boy!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BornToSucced(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
CheesyTee:
Please recalculate. With BSc, and that IETLS score, 400 is unattainable.

You may try PNP though with your work experience. Check https://moving2canada.com/pnp-canada-live-tracker/#Manitoba for more information on that.

Thanks dear. I have recalculated and the CRS is 359 grin grin

I mistakenly choose Canada work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by wisdom77: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hephgirl:
Yes o.. Finally it's PPR for me

Congratulations! I have been waiting for your testimony.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barby008: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hello house, if my CRS score is high enough to get me an ITA in the next draw ( I chose spouse education as less than secondary school)..does my spouse still need to get ECA done?
Also do you think it's best for spouse to write Ielts than getting ECA as Ielts gives more point than his education (bsc)?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by smartkester(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Joromi12:
what experience do u have before is the koko and where. u can still go back to school its cheaper as a PR holder
OK but I heard no matter the experience as long as you don't have a Canadian certificate you can't get a professional job except menial jobs, please how true is that

P.S. I have no experience in my field yet that was why I opted for a master's degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Joromi12:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp try your crs using 8777 and 8776.5. and see
So when I calculated using 8777, my CRS scores was 469.
While when I tried using 8776.5 the scores was 450
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nikyb: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
[quote author=Geebee5 post=79507737][/quote]

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
smartkester:
OK but I heard no matter the experience as long as you don't have a Canadian certificate you can't get a professional job except menial jobs, please how true is that

P.S. I have no experience in my field yet that was why I opted for a master's degree
ask your self if its menail jobs will pple earning 500 to 2m quit their jobs to do EE So what experience are u using for ee

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
Magnifico2000:

So when I calculated using 8777, my CRS scores was 469.
While when I tried using 8776.5 the scores was 450
lol funny. Not possible

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks Mi Lady...

cool

ladymarshall:
Congrats @Melochic on your PPR, it has ended in praise! All the best in Canada

Congrats in arrears to all ITA clinchers grin Temigee , Demishy, tolfa, Dontee07, Ednut1, godG, speedy processing to you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
BornToSucced:

Pele. Redo IELTS, and work on acquiring a second certificate. Wishing you the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
Joromi12:
lol funny. Not possible
Sorry. When I recalculated, scores was 411 using 8,77,6.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
TemiGee:
Thanks Mi Lady...

cool

Pls what is ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hephgirl: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
BRACE YOURSELF IT'S A LONG READ

ITA 15TH NOVEMBER
AOR Jan 10
Mep and BIL Feb 22
Bio complete Feb 26 ( had to travel)
Ghost update: June 8
Ghost update : June 10th
Called on d 14th : eligibility not started... I literally went bunkers...
Ghost update : June 15th
PPR: 18th dated 17th June
Vo : Ottawa
Family of 4
I return all d glory to God. He alone deserves the praise
Thank you Jesus.

Learned about the journey July 2017.. Was casually reading about it.

Wanted to be PA but Didn't have much information about ECA for Dr's... And when I finally did, looked too long and tiring. Plus hubby wasn't even encouraging.. Contacting my school sef Looked like a long thing.
So hubby had to be d PA.
Oga didn't even know when and how I sent for wes...
Ogas EE job descriptions:
1. pass ielts,
2. Spoil me
3. provide funds,
4. PRAY
5. Enjoy tantrums and
6. ***********
7. pamper/encourage me when immigration ish is getting to me.

When I heard about people praying for their applications and how God pulled through for them.
I decided to get serious with praying for ppr, This was like the Second week of May
Fasting was Mondays and Tuesdays. (The prayer group was and is a spirit lifting group. It made the wait easy.)
But towards the last week of May I fasted everyday.

By June I stopped praying and switched to thanking God while I was still fasting... Subscribed to Apple music and had my airpods plugged in for constant praise
That's all I was doing.... No demands... Just gratitude.
Friday 8 th of June ghost update
Monday 10th of June another Ghost update
15th I called eligibility not started... I forgot every Christ like character....I went bunkers... I was literally roaring... U know how Kion uses his roar in the lion guard.... I used mine that day. So disappointed.

This wait thought me patience....
Mind game.. Dammit.... U will just stay and ur mind with travel to Ottawa see ur application and come back.
I imagined it all
Sometimes it felt like the vo went to use the restroom and forgot my application on d fridge.
I will just stay and be angry with Husby... For nothing. The fact that he wasn't showing worry even pissed me off more.
Jumia and LinkedIn emails were so annoying
Those days people will get ppr and I will log in and see nothing not even ghost.. I learned to rejoice and be happy because it meant they were working.
Or when I heard March aor got ppr... I almost swore for cic... But what if the curse now affects my VO... Haaaaaaaaa Abeg o.
Or when fear from nowhere will just visit my mind nd camp there... Mehn I imagined it all.
Third term school fees was d most painful...

IELTS
Hubby wrote
1st ielts December 2017 LRWS 7.5 7 7 7
Second ielts January 2018 8 6.5 7.5 8
Third ielts April 2018 8 8 6 8
He now said he's not doing again.. AND SAID BC IS SCAM
Me sef I removed my mind jare... Naija is great Abeg.
A DR now sent me a msg asking how far and sort of gingered me to push...
Husband said he's not doing Abeg.
Then his cousin got ppr, our neighbor got Ita
Oga said Oya he will do
Jacked for ielts like it's professional exam
4th ielts August 2018 ( result seized) Warapun someone asked him and " as a guy man I had to answer him " toh 68k gone
5th ielts September 8 8 6.5 8
Remarked writing upgraded to 7 November 2nd or so.

ECA
Wes : transcript got to them 1st September.. It was ready by 5th September. 2017

PCC
UK PCC was pretty straight forward. We used bank statement as proof of address. Was ready in less than 2 Weeks
Naija pcc was d usual at alagbon

MEDICAL
Qlife
I remember looking for who to.swap dates with me
Got January 25th and hubby won't be available.
So without Ita we got a date to swap in November and went.
We lodged in a hotel like two buildings away... So we were the first to be attended to. Cos we literally strolled there.
For some strange reason I cldnt read the last letters with my left eye.
Got Ita as soon as we landed base.

POF
We had part of it and d rest was just turningoninown.
My dad vexed me so didn't wanna ask him.
We busted it all Abeg.. Travelled for Xmas... Had fun... Then pof reality came knocking.
At this point I asked my dad. And d rest was history

NOC
First reference letter was tending towards engineering manager. Hubby said he's not a manager.
We had to contact noc president NEWMUM.. And she helped us realign his reference letter. Hubby spoke to his boss who agreed with the new JD asper it fits his role better

BIOMETRICS
Another flying ��... Booked hotel nearby ... We were like d second people to be attended to.. We made our 1pm flight back that day.

SIBLING POINT
We used only registration of birth aka birth certificate.
But I started panicking.... @topsmamen encouraged me to raise cse.. I did around the last week of May...
So I attached
family photo indicating who is who.
Marriage certificate
Change of name affidavit and newspaper publication.
Didn't use the local government one... Abi NPC

RPRF
I GOT tired of waiting for rprf request and paid Abeg.. And then raised cse.
I remember DH telling me he heard we r to pay for rprf for the kids... I said how much did the person tell u? Pls add it to our rprf fee u are sending and send to me asap
I can't even shout.

If ur husband is delaying... Then do it urself
I registered for the ielts ( with his money lol)
I requested for eca from his school... Oga doesn't even know how that was done or if I even did it. He just provided the info I needed.
He has never logged into our profile.
He doesn't even know what our profile looks like.
No clue about EE.
But all he knows is that the end point is PPR. And he was waiting for me to announce it.

And when PPR came I was lookin at tickets for September and he goes " end of July is better"
I'm like so u wan comot this country and u dey do hard man..

Special thanks to January aor group. Best WhatsApp group ever. WORDS are not enough...
And also thanks to
November aor group
December aor group
September /October aor group
Doctors pathway group.

Most importantly our prayer group.

Mehn I'm in groups o

If I mention names here I won't finish....as In its an exrreo long list.
I'm just grateful to everyone who answered all my incessant questions.. To everyone who enjoyed my humor.. Lol.
To everyone here Inshort... What knowledge will I have without you guys. For this I'm grateful.
To my special people... I love you like a fat kid loves cake

Wind yaf blow fowl yansh af open #ifyouknowyouknow

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
Pele. Redo IELTS. There are a lot of resources on page 1. You may also want to look into an additional certificate if you have only B.SC.

BornToSucced:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
Congratulations!

Hephgirl:

BRACE YOURSELF IT'S A LONG READ

ITA 15TH NOVEMBER
AOR Jan 10
Mep and BIL Feb 22
Bio complete Feb 26 ( had to travel)
Ghost update: June 8
Ghost update : June 10th
Called on d 14th : eligibility not started... I literally went bunkers...
Ghost update : June 15th
PPR: 18th dated 17th June
Vo : Ottawa
Family of 4

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.